• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challange??

In summary, a group of friends are discussing their plans to jumpstart their businesses and achieve the rank of Director. They are inspired by another consultant who is doing 20 shows in 30 days, and are setting their own goals for the upcoming months. They plan to hold each other accountable and support each other in reaching their goals. One consultant is also discussing her financial goals and her husband's support. Another consultant is interested in doing a 24 shows in 24 hours challenge. They exchange emails to keep in touch and support each other.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Okay I just got off the phone w/ a friend I met in Chicago, she is doing 20 shows in 30 days an idea she got from Don Funt to jumpstart her biz. I said at first I don't think I could do that, not sure I have the energy.Well after thinking about it, w/ a baby coming I need to Jump start my own biz and make Director. No more excuses!!;) What better way, than to have as many shows as possible in September. I am still trying to book August, but I have 3 on the books for Sept.So who is w/ me????:D:D We can hold each other accountable, and you don't have to do 20 do as many as you want.

Last edited:
NO WAY can I do 20 ... but 8 is a reasonable goal! Even 4 LIVE shows would be a bonus!I have a list of calls I need to make tonight ...

my goal is to fill september & october to the brim! november i am going to be (finally) wrapping up college & taking my LSAT's so i have a feeling PC is going to take a backseat november/december. plus that extra spending money in sept/oct would be great for christmas!

i have a fundraiser the last weekend of august which i already have 4 bookings off of. im going to set a goal of 10 shows in september..

I am TOTALLY with YOU!!!!!!!! I am going to do the 24 shows in 24 hours challenge. I will be booking through October. I wanted to start this afternoon, but don't want to get a bunch of answering machines. I have 4 shows for August and want about 10-12. Lets exchange emails and keep each other posted, sound good? [email protected]

I would! I think 8 is fair for me too. (I would love to do 20, but my husband would kill me!) I'm really getting into the "ask everyone" mode, so I think I can totally do it!

You know I'm with you too!:D So are you planning on doing 20 shows in Sept?
I've GOT to get some shows booked for August first....everyone keeps changing to Sept!
I was just thinking of making up my own "challenge" to tell people about; thinking then, they'd book to "help". Do you have a timeframe of the challenge--how many days to get the bookings? I need a jump start too to get to director!

Wahoo!!! I am so stoked. See I knew if I did it this way I could get it done.Lacy I almost put your name in the title, but decided to see if you would respond. I knew you would be game!:DI am so excited to see everyone joining in. I love this biz, we can all do what works best for us. I had a talk w/ dh when he got home today, and he agreed to be nice & not complain when I am gone a lot. I also told him I need to save $4,512 to cover the truck payment while I am not teaching. I don't anticipate a check w/ the school district after the baby comes until Nov. of 2009. I also told him once I promote I will make a minimum of an extra $150 just for meeting the director requirements. He liked that.

Last edited:
pamperedalf said:
I also told him once I promote I will make a minimum of an extra $150 just for meeting the director requirements. He liked that.

Yep, you gotta to talk to men with $$$$ ~ then they listen! :D:love::D:love:

You had to wait to see if I'd respond?:eek: Just kidding!
email me if you want [email protected] & we can keep track more!

how on earth do you find that many people? I cant even get more then four shows right now.

I need 3 more cooking shows for August and 2 more for September. Then I'm booking October. I can't do 20 cooking shows in 30 days and keep my sanity, but booking myself 2 days a week (with working full-time another job), is reasonable for me. I don't count catalog shows. They are my frosting on the cake. I have 2 catalog shows in August.

smile10308 said:
I am TOTALLY with YOU!!!!!!!! I am going to do the 24 shows in 24 hours challenge. I will be booking through October. I wanted to start this afternoon, but don't want to get a bunch of answering machines. I have 4 shows for August and want about 10-12. Lets exchange emails and keep each other posted, sound good? [email protected]
I am a dork and forgot that I took my email out of my siggy it is [email protected]
lacychef said:
You had to wait to see if I'd respond?:eek: Just kidding!
email me if you want [email protected] & we can keep track more!
Well I didn't want to title it calling Lacychef we need to get our butts in gear so we can promote.

Last edited:
melaniepc said:
how on earth do you find that many people? I cant even get more then four shows right now.

What has helped recently is asking for referrals. I give a guest $20 if they refer a friend.

Kitchen2u said:
Yep, you gotta to talk to men with $$$$ ~ then they listen! :D:love::D:love:

Ginny he asked why I have been slacking and when am I going to be Director. I told him my goal date is Nov 1st, w/ a backup of Dec. 1st.

$20 in cash or $20 in products? I like this idea.

I can provide my email if you want .... mail to di at yahoo dot com BUT why not keep track in here?

Tonight I got on the phone and I:

* Tentatively booked a show with a male host. He balked at the 40 people but said he is going to MAKE people come or he wont' do it. MEN! It is during the August booking challenge so I am excited.
* Talked to another potential host who wants to book at a Wednesday night. I work on that night ... so I will need to take a vacation day. They owe me!
* Touched base with a book host, who confessed to not getting many orders. Hopefully I inspired her a bit ...
* Talked to a book party host, and promised to bring some things to her!
* Called 2 other fair contacts ... one didn't answer, the other has a DISCONNECTED PHONE. This is one who said she wants to book so I will be sending her a personal note if I can't reach her in a few days!

Di_Can_Cook said:
$20 in cash or $20 in products? I like this idea.

I can provide my email if you want .... mail to di at yahoo dot com BUT why not keep track in here?

Tonight I got on the phone and I:

* Tentatively booked a show with a male host. He balked at the 40 people but said he is going to MAKE people come or he wont' do it. MEN! It is during the August booking challenge so I am excited.
* Talked to another potential host who wants to book at a Wednesday night. I work on that night ... so I will need to take a vacation day. They owe me!
* Touched base with a book host, who confessed to not getting many orders. Hopefully I inspired her a bit ...
* Talked to a book party host, and promised to bring some things to her!
* Called 2 other fair contacts ... one didn't answer, the other has a DISCONNECTED PHONE. This is one who said she wants to book so I will be sending her a personal note if I can't reach her in a few days!

I do $20 in products at the show when their friend/family holds. They want that $20 so I have never had a cancelation (SP) on a referral. When I meet new people I tell them they can refer themselves to host a show.

I am so in. You know I want to be walking with you :), and I so need the shows! I need to get my butt in gear and kick my business into high gear! Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!

pamperedalf said:
I am a dork and forgot that I took my email out of my siggy it is [email protected]

Well I didn't want to title it calling Lacychef we need to get our butts in gear so we can promote.

I almost spit out my ice cream, LOL!
Yes...butts in gear...NOW!

Bren706 said:
I am so in. You know I want to be walking with you :), and I so need the shows! I need to get my butt in gear and kick my business into high gear! Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!
Wahoo, we can do it. As I am discouraged that I didn't get one live person today. Tomorrow I will get all of them! Ya that's it!!
lacychef said:
I almost spit out my ice cream, LOL!
Yes...butts in gear...NOW!
Oooh ice cream sounds good, well not the kind you spit out, LOL! Can't tell I'm preggo, the food network is bad idea for me to watch. Anything I see on TV I want. DH likes it, because I am cooking more, although he will be back to frozen pizza in the next few months because I am going to be kicking some serious butt.

Last edited:
Well tonight was rough.... Called 25 people left 15 messages and got 10 nos. Yikes! I will be back on the phone tomorrow....

Well, I didn't know we were starting tonight!!! I sent two emails (cuz that's all I had) and one said probably. Like I said, I have been asking everyone! At the fair, my into is "have you been to a show lately? Have you thought about/Do you think you might like to host one?" I haven't been in my cluster newsletter in months and it's killin' me!

I'm in!!

I would like to do 20 shows in 30 days, too! I really need to jump start my business.

Thanks! I'll keep you posted!

My girls have dance camp this morning & tomorrow morning....phone time for me! (I'll actually be able to call w/out them constantly interrupting me!...actually they're not TOO bad about that, but still)

If you start now it is easier to get going, if you wait it will be harder to get going.I need to finalize some shows I have 3 on the books for September, 3 more who need to date. I need to fill my Aug booking week, trying to get some hosts in today. We leave to go camping for the weekend, so I need to get it all done today.

Last edited:
I just added a show for September on the calendar today! (It is a daytime one, and I have one scheduled for that evening, too! crazy me!) That makes 5 for September (and 10 more to go for my goal). I still need to work on August. I only have 3 on the books with a good potential for 2 more, and a goal of 10 shows for the month.

Bren706 said:
I just added a show for September on the calendar today! (It is a daytime one, and I have one scheduled for that evening, too! crazy me!) That makes 5 for September (and 10 more to go for my goal). I still need to work on August. I only have 3 on the books with a good potential for 2 more, and a goal of 10 shows for the month.
Wahoo!!! I know what you mean about August, I am kicking myself for not booking August sooner.OMG I just got back from getting hay, which is about 25 mins away. I bought 8 bails and asked will this fit in my truck w/o tying down I forgot rope, they said oh no problem. Halfway home the top bail flew off the truck in the middle of a 2 lane highway. Thankfully it didn't hit another vehicle. I got out looking at traffic going how am I going to try and lift a 120 lb bail on top of my truck (not supposed to be lifting that much weight).
Luckily Cal-trans (highway repair guys) stopped, stopped traffic and put it back on the truck for me. My heart is still racing.

Last edited:
We started last night. The answering machines are a bummer....hate to leave messages. We made 32 calls tonight. 1 the husband just died, 1 the husband had a heart attach, 2 having chemo, 3 numbers out of service, 4 maybes and NO yeses. Guess we need to get on the phone again tonight.

We have to book out August first. Only have 2 shows at this point. We were going to shoot for 3/week. Get that momentum going.

PamperedChefDude said:
We started last night. The answering machines are a bummer....hate to leave messages. We made 32 calls tonight. 1 the husband just died, 1 the husband had a heart attach, 2 having chemo, 3 numbers out of service, 4 maybes and NO yeses. Guess we need to get on the phone again tonight.We have to book out August first. Only have 2 shows at this point. We were going to shoot for 3/week. Get that momentum going.
Keep chugging, you can do it!!!:DJust booked a catty show for Sept., it's my sister so I know it will hold & it will be part of my icing on my cake!!!August count ~ 2LSept count ~ 3L & 1CAs soon as DS goes for a nap, a few more phone calls!

Last edited:
Oh man, I'm glad someone stopped to help you!

I started with an email this morning, and am following up all evening tonight. I may rent a movie for the girls so they'll leave me alone, LOL! I decided to offer a $50 gift certificate drawing for all those that book Aug/Sept, and an extra chance for booking Aug.....no shows YET for Aug.:eek:

Here's my count:

August - 3L & 2C

Sept - 0L & 0C

Yeah, I have 2 cooking shows so far for this month now!

Did you guys see the other thread about the challenge in Aug CN? I'm sure they announced it at conference, but I don't remember...ties in well here! (maybe you remembered this Amanda & that's why you started it...or you're just that good!)

Monthly Recognition (July - December):
• Earn an exclusively designed Recruiting Jean Postcard for each new Cons. Agreement you submit.
• Earn a unique Selling Jean Postcard for submitting 8 shows in each calendar month

Three-Month Recognition
• Sign 3 or more new Consultants OR Submit 24 or more Shows between July 1 and September 30 and you'll receive a special surprise in the mail!
• Do both and you'll receive 2 great surprises.

Six-Month Recognition
• Sign 6 or more new recruits OR submit 48 or more Shows between July 1 and December 31 and you'll receive something very special at Leadership Summit
• Do both and you'll receive a Recruiting Reward AND Sales Reward at Leadership Summit

Where is everyone???I am back!!! We had an eventful weekend, my ds had his worst wreck on his quad ever and in front of my MIL. We lost a wheel off of our trailer on the way home, luckily I had cell service because my dh didn't. So what should have taken 3hrs to get home it took 7.Okay I made a contact w/ my dr. for an order. So my count is still the same I will be on the phone tomorrow.Congrats Lacy keep up the good work!!!

Last edited:
So is your ds okay? I'm guessing so....I'd say that was an eventful weekend!

Well, I'm back down to 1 cooking show. I'm having the darndest time getting ahold of people. I think I'm going to pamper the schools this week during enrollment & make a flier for all the teachers' mailboxes offering 10% off if they order by the 25th. (kinda stole the idea from leftymac)

I have added 3 more shows to my calendar since Friday plus a possible catalog show. (I did a mini 24 shows in 48 hours booking blitz on Saturday, and contacted 2 people then).

So far my tally is:

August - 4 cooking and 1 potential catalog show
September - 7 cooking shows

So far I have more 2 shows for August, closed one yesterday and have 1 to close today, hopefully. and 2 for September. I would like to do 4 more each month. I need to get on the phone.....I finally closed a show that had been out all the month of July month. Why do they do thay????

lacychef said:
So is your ds okay? I'm guessing so....I'd say that was an eventful weekend!Well, I'm back down to 1 cooking show. I'm having the darndest time getting ahold of people. I think I'm going to pamper the schools this week during enrollment & make a flier for all the teachers' mailboxes offering 10% off if they order by the 25th. (kinda stole the idea from leftymac)
Yes ds is okay, more shaken up than anything. He didn't want to get back on the quad but I made him because I didn't want him to never get on again. He rode the next day, but not like he used too. It will take time.He got going too fast and locked his hands over the gas, so he went even faster around the corner. My mil was done watching him ride this weekend.

Last edited:
Good updates, keep up the hard work. Remember the phone is our friend (I am telling myself this as well), and the more we pick it up the easier it gets. Also the more $$$ we will make.

Last edited:
Wo-hoo! Someone actually called me back:eek: I just got home from school supply shopping with the girls, & had a message from a past host who wants to book this month:thumbup: I had called her the other day---yeah! So excited; her last show was over 1K, plus she was kinda interested in the opp....fingers crossed!

On the subject of phone courage....my director gave me one of those big, fake $100 bills, with this great saying typed on the back...

"MEMO to self:
The phone is my friend!
When I pick it up & use it regularly it is a source of income for my family.
If I don't utilize the phone as a positive utensil for my business, someone else will and I will be losing an opportunity to grow my business and help my family.
Phone time= $$$$$$
Phone time= Success!"

Isn't that great?!

lacychef said:
On the subject of phone courage....my director gave me one of those big, fake $100 bills, with this great saying typed on the back..."MEMO to self:
The phone is my friend!
When I pick it up & use it regularly it is a source of income for my family.
If I don't utilize the phone as a positive utensil for my business, someone else will and I will be losing an opportunity to grow my business and help my family.
Phone time= $$$$$$
Phone time= Success!"Isn't that great?!
That is awesome, I wonder if anyone has a file. I would love to print this up and pass it out at our next meeting.Thanks for posting Lacy, can you see if you could get the file, pretty please.

Last edited:
I can check, but not sure if there's a file; like I said it's just printed on the back of my big fake $100 bill.

lacychef said:
I can check, but not sure if there's a file; like I said it's just printed on the back of my big fake $100 bill.
Maybe we can ask some of our Director friends, and I think I will send an email to my exec and see if she has anything like that. I know when she gives out picture frames of the phone as motivation.

Last edited:
Keep chugging, you can do it!!!:DJust booked a catty show for Sept., it's my sister so I know it will hold & it will be part of my icing on my cake!!!August count ~ 2LSept count ~ 3L & 1CAs soon as DS goes for a nap, a few more phone calls!
Here's my Update after tonight's calls:August~ 2LSept~ 4L & 1CI added 1 live show to Sept., I can't wait to see how many I can do. Keep up the hard work & like what's Lacy's $$ said the phone is our friend.

Last edited:
I keep running into Show Teasers. They say they want to do a show, but when I call them back to schedule, they say it's not a good time, or their friends can't afford to spend money, or they can't get anyone to come to their house, etc. It's very frustrating because I don't understand why they even said yes to begin with. I am still at 3L for August and 2C. NOTHIN' for Sept and no possibles. I'm needin' a little encouragement today.

linojackie said:
I keep running into Show Teasers. They say they want to do a show, but when I call them back to schedule, they say it's not a good time, or their friends can't afford to spend money, or they can't get anyone to come to their house, etc. It's very frustrating because I don't understand why they even said yes to begin with. I am still at 3L for August and 2C. NOTHIN' for Sept and no possibles. I'm needin' a little encouragement today.
Jackie, I know it can be difficult. I did not get any bookings from tonight's calls. But we need to keep chugging. Remember we won't always see the benefits of what we do today, we will see it in 60-90 days. We are doing this to help us have a wonderful fall. When answering to the objection that no one has any money, a way to respond is did you know that 60% of our products are under $20? Also, you can go the route that we have several recipes that are $2 a serving. Do you think your friends & family would like to learn some recipes that would only cost them $2 a serving.Jackie you can do this, don't give up because it's frustrating. That's what we are here for, sorry it wasn't earlier in the day. HTH!!:)

Last edited:
Oh I can SO RELATE to those teasers!!!

I have a host for the 16th who says he will "make" people come and will cancel if they won't ... a host for the 20th who FINALLY nailed down a date ... a catalog show I've pieced together with money I really don't have ... and two other catalog shows, one that's been pending since July. Another "live" show "rescheduled" but didn't nail down a date and if she commits to the date we "penciled in" I will have a hard time getting there from work! And NOTHING for September!

A host from last month never got me a guest list and didn't return any phone calls! I went to the bank where the host she booked off works and left a note for HER to call me. I'm going to have her get on her friend's case!!!!

Well put Amanda!
I know it can be frustrating...I don't know why people drag their feet & why they say they'll book, just to put you off. I would rather them say they're not interested, than put me off like that. Just keep chugging along; we'll find the people that want to book!

lacychef said:
Well put Amanda!
I know it can be frustrating...I don't know why people drag their feet & why they say they'll book, just to put you off. I would rather them say they're not interested, than put me off like that. Just keep chugging along; we'll find the people that want to book!

Exactly! I am not desperate for bookings (maybe a little needy, but not desperate) and I really do have better things to do than talk to their answering machine, so why do they waste everyone's time?

I got on the phone again last night after I posted and even though I didn't get any bookings, I got a better response than I was expecting, so that helped. I have a possible wedding registry and someone interested in the business, so that's worth 3 or 4 shows to me right there.

Now, maybe today I can get on the phone with some businesses and see somebody in this god forsaken town will let me pamper them already!!! :):)

I'm (a little late) up for the challenge; 20 shows in 30 days - I'm at a work conference this week (with LOTS of time after 4pm, so GREAT for phone calls!) and following up with some mini-cat mailing I did last week.

One way to help the process along is to mail 6-8 mini catalogs a day, or do it three times a week. Then, 4-6 days later, you call to ask "did you receive the catalog, and is there anything that caught your eye?"

It helps begin more regular phone calling - and you begin to establish phone rapport with your customers (especially if you haven't been good at CCcalls like me) and find your own voice, your own pacing.

The one thing that definitely works, is to USE SCRIPTS - I'm realizing I didn't ask the first 4 people about the opportunity. (and I'm 2 folks away from Directorship!)

So - as of Thurs, Aug 7th I'm up for it: 20 shows in 30 days to boost my business forward. I'm going to also offer Benefit Ten-fold Show (which others have done as a Mystery Host show), so I have 1 down ~ 19 to go!

Attachments

• Benefit ten-fold.doc
    28 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Scott you can join, no time constraints. Okay yesterday was my rough day, no contacts/shows booked. I woke up to some spotting and panicked. So I called the dr. and they think everything is fine, but I just watched movies w/ ds all day.So I need to re motivate myself. I have some errands in town, live contacts. Wishing lots of bookings to my friends. Let's see the results at the end of the day or I will come hunt you down and beat it out of you. J/K on the hunting you down part.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is the "Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challenge?"</h2><p>The "Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challenge" is a program where Pampered Chef consultants aim to book as many shows as possible within a specific time frame, usually 30 days. It is a great way to jumpstart your business and increase your sales and bookings.</p><h2>2. Where did the idea for this booking challenge come from?</h2><p>The idea for this booking challenge originated from Don Funt, a successful Pampered Chef consultant. He shared his strategy of doing 20 shows in 30 days to jumpstart his business and it has been adopted by many consultants with great success.</p><h2>3. Is it mandatory to do 20 shows in 30 days for the booking challenge?</h2><p>No, the number of shows you aim to book is up to you. The main goal of the booking challenge is to increase your bookings and jumpstart your business. You can set your own target number of shows that you feel comfortable with.</p><h2>4. How can joining the booking challenge help me achieve my business goals?</h2><p>The booking challenge can help you achieve your business goals by providing a sense of accountability and motivation. By joining with other consultants and setting a target number of shows, you are more likely to stay committed and focused on achieving your goals. It can also help increase your bookings and sales, which can ultimately lead to achieving higher ranks and promotions in your business.</p><h2>5. Can I participate in the booking challenge if I am a new consultant or have a busy schedule?</h2><p>Yes, the booking challenge is open to all consultants, regardless of their experience level or schedule. You can set your own target number of shows and work at your own pace. The important thing is to stay committed and motivated to reach your goals.</p>

1. What is the "Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challenge?"

The "Who Wants to Join Me for a Booking Challenge" is a program where Pampered Chef consultants aim to book as many shows as possible within a specific time frame, usually 30 days. It is a great way to jumpstart your business and increase your sales and bookings.

2. Where did the idea for this booking challenge come from?

The idea for this booking challenge originated from Don Funt, a successful Pampered Chef consultant. He shared his strategy of doing 20 shows in 30 days to jumpstart his business and it has been adopted by many consultants with great success.

3. Is it mandatory to do 20 shows in 30 days for the booking challenge?

No, the number of shows you aim to book is up to you. The main goal of the booking challenge is to increase your bookings and jumpstart your business. You can set your own target number of shows that you feel comfortable with.

4. How can joining the booking challenge help me achieve my business goals?

The booking challenge can help you achieve your business goals by providing a sense of accountability and motivation. By joining with other consultants and setting a target number of shows, you are more likely to stay committed and focused on achieving your goals. It can also help increase your bookings and sales, which can ultimately lead to achieving higher ranks and promotions in your business.

5. Can I participate in the booking challenge if I am a new consultant or have a busy schedule?

Yes, the booking challenge is open to all consultants, regardless of their experience level or schedule. You can set your own target number of shows and work at your own pace. The important thing is to stay committed and motivated to reach your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
vsweet01
  • melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • naekelsey