• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble Booking August Shows? Here's What's Happening...

In summary, Becky is having trouble booking shows for August, and other hosts are having trouble finding hosts. There is talk of a back to school party theme, but no takers. One host is doing a catalog show, but is worried about the humidity. Becky is hopeful for September and October.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
What is going on? I cannot book shows for August no matter what I do! Here are some of the excuses I am getting:

"I don't have air" (and the 2 who have said this also don't want shows outside - because it would be too humid/too many bugs/etc....)

"We are going on vacation"

"Everyone will be getting ready for back to school"

"August is just too busy"

and the list goes on and on.......

I have pulled out my whole arsenal of booking tools - and nothing works....I just got off the phone with someone else that I thought for sure would book in August - and she booked for October!:eek:

The bright note in this is that Sept & Oct are looking good!:rolleyes:

Yikes... sorry to hear that, if it makes you feel better, I have no one for August either :(
I am trying a Back to School Party theme and no takers :(

For the one that doesn't have air, invite them to do a catalog show. That doesn't require air!!! Invite them to book early in August, before the back to school action happens. Just keep trying!!

I hear ya, I have nothing in August either!! UGH!! Need to get calling.

c00p said:
For the one that doesn't have air, invite them to do a catalog show. That doesn't require air!!! Invite them to book early in August, before the back to school action happens. Just keep trying!!

That would only work if they wanted to do catalog shows! The one I just talked to really wants a Cooking Show - she is a referral from another host, and her consultant retired a couple years ago, and she has been looking for a consultant to do a cooking show for her!

The other one actually is doing a catalog show - but she decided she'd rather do it in July.....she is in love with the party sticks....and thinks that she can achieve a $500 catalog show - so I said go for it!

I do have 2 shows in August - both early in the month.....but that's it. I know I won't be able to book the last week of the month. Because of where we live, there is a mass exodus out of town and to the beach/cottage/Up North the week of Labor Day weekend....hee hee, we'll be part of it!:D

Definitely try the catalog/online show!

The main thing is to get them excited about the host special. The knives are a GREAT deal. The only problem is they can get all of the knives half off at any time, but don't point this out to them. It also doesn't help we don't know what the new product is yet; however, when we find out it gives a reason to call:)!

I second Rhonda.Becky, bring your contact list to Conference. Once you get that conference excitement going, mark up that list and be ready to call AS SOON as conference is done. Talk up the host special and all they get free.Too hot out? What a better time for me to give you a break and come cook for you. I'll show you some refreshing cool recipes...Everyone is getting ready to go back to school?
What better time to have a last summer get-together. With the back-to-school plans, people will love a night free from cooking to come socialize and enjoy a few moments with friends...

Last edited:
Wow, there's an August? None of my potential hosts knew that. I think the next month starts September 15th.

I'm with ya - after July 25th, nuthin' until September.

My problem is July - first I had trouble booking, now 2 of my 4 shows have cancelled - not rescheduled, just out and out cancelled, via e-mail. I have 2 cattys as well so hopefully I won't do too badly this month.

Oddly, my August is looking good now...I am waiting till after NC to get back on the phones to host coach and do September bookings.

Ah, the joys and challenges of building a consistent schedule ;-)

Psst...my August is empty too, don't fret yet...keep working!I'm hoping to still get some August bookings from my 2 July shows...

I do fret....but because my director has always given me the rule of thumb - for a consistent schedule, you need to have the next month booked by the 15th of the current month.

Also - We depend on my PC income - so when I see a month with very few bookings....I get concerned.

I'm not giving up - just venting a little!;)

Yes I am with all of you ladies too, hopefully the 4 people that may show at my sat open house will want to have a show in Aug.. I agree as soon as I get my ducks in a row and find out what the sp are I will be getting on the phone!

For the ones that don't have air, can they co-host with someone who does have air?

I'm with ya! Heck, I still need a couple more July shows!:eek:
I'm hoping that the 2 new fall products they can get will be enticing!

My Calendar for August looked horrible as well. So I decided to do dollar days for August. I got the idea off this site. Now at least the first part of August looks good.

I am having the same problem but with July. I have NO shows for this month. right now I am doing a Mystery Host show (Catalog) and will be doing a open house at the end of the month. I have 2 June shows to close out also, but nothing for the actual month.

As for August I have 2 shows. I think that will be it.
I say be happy anyway. You say your other months are looking great. I have maybe 1 or 2 shows each on the books for the next 2 months.
Good Luck

Have you thought of doing brunches, so it is cooler in the day? I don't know if you would want to do Saturday shows, but 1 or 2 in August might help your schedule, and you'd be done in time for family time in the afternoon. I am probably going to allow 1 Sat brunch per month, and see how the family likes it... Hopefully DH will will do fun stuff with the kids while I am gone. Maybe go to the library or splash pad...

AnnieBee said:
Have you thought of doing brunches, so it is cooler in the day? I don't know if you would want to do Saturday shows, but 1 or 2 in August might help your schedule, and you'd be done in time for family time in the afternoon. I am probably going to allow 1 Sat brunch per month, and see how the family likes it... Hopefully DH will will do fun stuff with the kids while I am gone. Maybe go to the library or splash pad...

I don't do Saturday brunch shows during the summer - it's just not worth it! After 4 summers of having almost every single brunch show scheduled cancel(the only ones that didn't cancel were Bridal Showers!)....I just stopped offering them!
I love to do them during the School year! They are some of my best shows.

So far I have one show for August, but I need to follow up from my show on Saturday and I should have another, although I'm going to have to drive 60 miles to it. :( But, hey, it's a show right? And I need the contacts, so I'm going to try real hard not to complain. Otherwise, September is starting to look good, too with an open house and two out of four weekends booked already. I just need a couple more July shows.

One thing I always do is a kickoff show in August. I call it my Semi Anual Sneak preview/Fall kickoff/Mystery Host Show! I do it after I have all the products and have had a chance to read up and study everything!! Then I also let them know it will be the last chance to order from the current catalog. Then I don't let them know what's leaving (unless they really ask) and let them come and figure that out on there own! Also sets you up for a fabulous fall. If you do it at the middle of the month, then you can offer up a special to get maybe a couple of booking for the end of the month. Let everyone know, that the new products can't be submitted to the beginning of the next month. They don't care!
It requires more work on me, because I have to devide the orders up, in between new season and old season (discontinued). I ask a friend to help me get everything ready and I make the 2nd show be her show, both of them are cooking shows, and she gets some products for free as a thank you!

I usually have $800-1200 shows when I do this. Of course it split up, but I put the bulk on the August show and put all the new stuff on Sept. Show. The new pruducts order always tend to be about $200-300 amd that is a nice thank you for your helper.
Anyway, it's just an idea

So glad to have found this thread!! I was just looking at my August thinking where are all of my shows? I can't imagine where the hostess's are!! I need those bookings!!

I have three right now for August, the knives on host special are really helping out.

soccermom18 said:
My Calendar for August looked horrible as well. So I decided to do dollar days for August. I got the idea off this site. Now at least the first part of August looks good.

I have had no takers on the dollar days and it is such a GREAT idea. I got the idea from this site as well. I tried it 3 different months. Happy to hear it worked for you :) way to go!!!

well at least I am not alone. I have two shows this month but nothing in august. I am really praying I get some bookings on my next two shows as thats all I have for now

merego said:

I have had no takers on the dollar days and it is such a GREAT idea. I got the idea from this site as well. I tried it 3 different months. Happy to hear it worked for you :) way to go!!!

I remember doing dollar days a couple times about 3 years ago - I didn't get any response to it either.....

I'm planning to offer a special incentive at my next show. I'll pick certain dates and special products that I already own and offer them up as a special booking deal.

At one show in June I mentioned that I had ONE date left in June to book. Nobody took it that night but a guest called me the next day asking if that day was still open. I had more than one day but it made a sense of urgency to help fill it!

1. What is "August Doesn't Exist!!!"?

"August Doesn't Exist!!!" is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef in the month of August. It includes exclusive discounts and deals on our popular kitchen products.

2. How can I participate in "August Doesn't Exist!!!"?

In order to participate in "August Doesn't Exist!!!", you can either host a party and earn rewards, or place an order directly through a Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Are there any restrictions on the products included in "August Doesn't Exist!!!"?

No, there are no restrictions on the products included in "August Doesn't Exist!!!". All Pampered Chef products are eligible for the special discounts and deals during this promotion.

4. Can I combine "August Doesn't Exist!!!" with other offers or discounts?

Unfortunately, "August Doesn't Exist!!!" cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. However, you can still use your host rewards or consultant discounts on your order.

5. When does "August Doesn't Exist!!!" end?

"August Doesn't Exist!!!" ends on August 31st. Be sure to take advantage of the special deals and discounts before the end of the month!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• feather18
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefjill
Replies
Views
chefjwr
  • Chef_2_Four
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies