• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Get Bookings? Here's How to Turn Things Around!

In summary, this expert suggests trying different things, such as asking past guests for advice, marketing to "i've never been to a PC show before", and taking or re-taking the Prospecting On-Line course.
chefannie
I have tried everything, but don't seem to have great success in getting bookings past my initial 90 days! I started with PC in August and did my 8th show. I have only two shows booked for January and one in November. My shows go well, and I have decent sales, but why can't I get additional bookings?:confused:

This always seems to go up and down depending on the crowd. Try doing some customer care calls to past customers and maybe offer an incentive. I'm going to offer a free 29 Minutes To Dinner for my Nov. and Dec. hosts who have at least a $300 show. I'm going to offer Nov. first at the shows I'm doing this month because I want the sell a thon credit.

Another thing is you have to believe the host speical is a great deal and say it at your shows. I did that in August about the October special and got 11 bookings.

Getting those bookings can be really hard, I know.

ChefAnnie, I totally understand! I started in August as well, and now i'm having a hard time with bookings!

Me too!
chefannie said:
I have tried everything, but don't seem to have great success in getting bookings past my initial 90 days! I started with PC in August and did my 8th show. I have only two shows booked for January and one in November. My shows go well, and I have decent sales, but why can't I get additional bookings?:confused:

I'm having trouble getting bookings too. I just qualified (on my 31st day) :( I've had two cooking shows and two catalog shows but I haven't gotten any bookings beyond those four shows.

I'm looking for ideas to get some bookings. I'm thinking about putting together an open house in November with some other vendors...I have a friend who does partylite and a couple who do mary kay.

Any ideas would be really appreciated. I'm trying to put together something to take to realtors to try to get them to buy pc as thank you gifts for their clients. My problem right now is time. I work full time plus for the next week and a half my Mom and sister will be in town and we have pretty much every spare minute planned.

I just finished my first 90 days. I had some trouble in the beginning also. Something I have just started doing (because I was too chicken to start earlier...) is ASKING everyone at checkout if they would like to host a show. I needed more bookings and decided before I did my show that I would ask everyone and I did. I got a catalog show out of it that I would not have had otherwise. Get on the phone to past guests and ask them about the products they bought and then ask about hosting... if they say no, ask if they know anyone who would love a PC shopping spree. Just asking is the best way to get bookings!

I just need to get better at 3-2-1. Sometimes I'm just too chicken to make those 3 contacts.

My hardest part is everyone at the shows have either been host or have everything. When I mention hosting they just ignore me...like "been there done that". I'm trying to market to the "i've never been to a PC show before".

Let guests know your next available dates. I put mine (up to 5) on a photo stand. Guests pick a card & fill in their info. Then I give them a host packet & do step 1 of host coaching. (I do offer a small incentive with this...guest picks a plastic egg & gets prize inside...citrus peeler, SB, etc. One egg (out of 40) has the Executive Saute Pan (I have 2 extras) that she will get the night of her show.)

You could also list them on a sheet and pass around for guests to fill in.

...offer an incentive...you bring the ingredients if they book certain date (you decide the date...next available) or a certain theme.

Most important...ask everyone!

When doing customer care...if a guest purchased SA, offer a cooking show in Nov. to complete her collection. Find out what might interest her in doing a show. Sometimes it is not the monthly special. I have hosts that don't buy theirs (then I get to).

Go to files and look under bookings. I am sure there are more tips there that would work for you.

Take or re-take the Prospecting On-Line course! It's full of great ideas that should help! Also, contact your director and recruiter and ask for their help. Maybe it's just the words you're using and they can help you with that. Also, the Busiess Guide has great words to use. Good luck!

buzz26 said:
My hardest part is everyone at the shows have either been host or have everything. When I mention hosting they just ignore me...like "been there done that".
A way around this is to not market a show as a great way to get free products, but as a great opportunity to get together with friends, learn a few tips, and have a great time. Who doesn't love having fun?

The #1 reason people host a show is to visit with friends. Play off that.

chefann said:
A way around this is to not market a show as a great way to get free products, but as a great opportunity to get together with friends, learn a few tips, and have a great time. Who doesn't love having fun?

The #1 reason people host a show is to visit with friends. Play off that.

Also mention that the current catalog has 60 new products in it, and that PC has introduced over 125 new products in the past year. This is also a terrific time to host a show and purchase Christmas presents for others at a great discount!

Talk to your director about what you can do differently to get bookings. She can role play with you to help you with the words to use and can help you figure out who you know (or don't know yet) to ask.

If you haven't already, take the on-line courses. They are an awesome resource!!

Related to Struggling to Get Bookings? Here's How to Turn Things Around!

1. How can I get more bookings for my Pampered Chef parties?

There are several ways to increase your bookings for Pampered Chef parties. You can reach out to your existing network of friends, family, and acquaintances and ask them to host a party for you. You can also attend local events and craft fairs to meet new people and promote your parties. Utilizing social media platforms and creating eye-catching posts can also help attract new bookings.

2. What incentives or rewards can I offer to potential hosts to encourage them to book a party?

One popular incentive for hosts is to offer them free or discounted products based on the sales from their party. You can also offer them a percentage of the sales as credit towards their own purchases. Additionally, you can provide them with exclusive host-only products or discounts, as well as the opportunity to earn free products by booking additional parties from their own party.

3. How can I overcome objections from potential hosts who are hesitant to book a party?

One way to address objections is to offer a special deal or promotion for their first party. You can also emphasize the fun and social aspect of hosting a Pampered Chef party, as well as the convenience of having a personal cooking demonstration and the opportunity to try new products. Lastly, you can offer to help them by providing invitations, party planning tips, and recipe ideas.

4. What are some effective ways to follow up with potential hosts after an initial contact?

Following up is crucial in securing bookings. You can send a personalized thank-you note or email after your initial contact, expressing your appreciation for their interest in hosting a party. You can also offer them a few dates to choose from and ask for their preferred date. Utilizing social media or sending a reminder card a few days before the party can also help ensure attendance.

5. How can I use Pampered Chef's products and recipes to showcase at a party and attract more bookings?

One effective way to showcase Pampered Chef's products and recipes is by hosting a themed party. You can choose a specific product or cooking technique to highlight and offer demonstrations and samples to your guests. You can also offer recipe cards or create a mini cookbook with your guests' favorite recipes. Additionally, utilizing social media to share pictures and videos of your parties can help attract new bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lterman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
JAE
  • timbimac