• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh! I Cant Get Bookings for August!!

In summary, Heather is having a hard time getting bookings in August because no one wants to book in August. She is also considering hosting her own show, but does not know if she has enough time. She is trying to contact her few customers and is excited about booking one for November.
feather18
Ok, I have been trying and trying, calling and calling, and its middle of August and nothing!! No one wants to book in August, the ones that will dont want to now, they want to wait, which is good for Sept, and Oct... but bad now. I was slow in July(one show) and now have nothing for August. I dont know what to do. I have been calling previous guests, I thought about doing a mystery host catalog show, but because i just started 2 1/2 months ago, i dont have that many customers. What would you guys do? Oh and also, I would hold my own show, but i feel like i have already bugged people (and taken all their money) with all my first few shows(mostly family and friends).
If you have any insight, please share!!
:grumpy: and :(

Heather, I feel your pain. I am hosting my own show this weekend, and invited neighbors that I've never really met before, clerks at the post office, customers, hosts, family, friends of friends of friends,etc Maybe you could offer an incentive like "bring a guest I've never met before and get a FREE Season's Best" or whateveryou want to offer. I'm sure some of the other more experienced consultants can help you too! Also there is a flyer, something like 118 ways to get bookings, check that out too! Good Luck!!

Hold an open house and hand out invites to everyone you make eye contact with. Keep them on you when you run errands, etc. I also like Amy's suggestion about giving a SB to anyone who brings someone you don't know.

I love the open house idea. It could be a "say goodbye to discontinued products" combined with a sneak peak at the fall products. Showcase the forged cutlery as well as the cookware at the open house and talk about the great host benefits (2 knives at 60% off is fantastic). Get the knives in people's hands. Pass around the cookware doing the ice cube demo. Make sure you invite everyone in your neighborhood, your house of worship, all friends that might not have made it to earlier shows and offer them an SB if they bring a guest that you do not know and maybe $5 off their order at any shows booked by their "guest".

Do a mystery host contacting everyone on your list of 100. Do this as a mystery host catalog show. Make sure you set up your PWS for the mystery host show and remind people that it is never too early to begin shopping for the holidays.

Ok, see my friend is getting married soon, and alot of the time is taken up with her stuff, do you think if i got on the ball, that i could acutually have people show up say, this weekend?? or even on a sunday?? i dont know, it does sound good, well great, but i just dont know if i will have time!!

People have pulled together great shows with only a few days notice. Email and then call everyone TODAY.

Have a Pampered Chef shower for her.

Bobby

I only have two shows for August (I'm also traveling the second half of the month so I haven't pushed super hard), but I have a ton lined up for September. If that's what you're getting interest for, just go with it and book those Sept. shows--spend your time in August getting everything prepped or doing other work that you tend to put off (for me it is cleaning out my paperwork and tracking all my tax expenses).

Pampered Chef Bridal ShowerBefore I was a consultant last summer, I hosted a bridal show for my future daughter-in-law, and invited friends and family from both sides. It was a $1200 show. People bought items for the couple and for themselves. The consultant did not promote more shows at the shower, but that was how I got involved later in the summer. Good luck getting your shows. We all have been there.

Hey everyone thank you so much! OK so i recently(meaning this week) started calling my FEW customers for bookings, and guess what!! I got one!! ok so its one, and its in November, but I got one!! yay! When she said yes, i was like Um, what? Oh Oh YEAH SURE!! hehe.. anyway i was excited. Tomorrow i am going to try to contact people i couldn't get a hold of. Oh and one other thing, ok tell me what you would do....
I had a show at my aunts house(one of my first 4) and there were two ladys there that were very rude and talked the whole time, and was also rude to me and not listing and stuff, and i dont know if i should even call them or not.. what would you do??
Thanks again!! i think i will take your advice Kimberly, because Its already Wed, and church was tonight, and i just dont think i am going to be able to get anything in my self for august, so hopefully i will rack up with PAN O Rama!!! yay!

Congrats on making the call and get a booking.

Did the rude ladies order anything? If so I'd go ahead and call them but maybe do a more informal party. Maybe a dip & sip (search file section for sip for ideas) where the demo is really short and it is mostly socializing and ordering as that might work better with a group like that.

A lot of people look at a PC party as a way to get together and socialize. They don't see gabbing as rude as they are there to socialize. It can be hard to be talking/demoing and having people talk but sometimes we just have to roll with it and sometimes these people are the ones that order the most.

Sip & Dips are great because you have a start time & an end time. Let people know they can drop in when they can during those hours, have some eats/drink & order. It's much more informal but lots of people like not not having to listen to the whole demo shpiel. I've had some shows be better doing it that way.

1. How can I increase my bookings for August?

One way to increase your bookings for August is to offer special promotions or deals for that month. You can also reach out to past customers and offer them the opportunity to host a party in August. Additionally, promoting your parties on social media or through email marketing can help attract new customers.

2. What are some unique party themes or ideas for August?

August is a great time for outdoor parties, so consider hosting a barbecue or picnic-themed party. You can also focus on back-to-school or end-of-summer gatherings. Another idea is to offer a themed cooking class, such as grilling or summertime desserts.

3. How can I motivate my customers to book parties for August?

Offering incentives, such as free products or discounts, can be a great motivator for customers to book a party in August. You can also emphasize the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and having a fun night with friends.

4. What are some strategies for reaching out to potential hosts for August parties?

Consider reaching out to local businesses, community groups, or organizations that may be interested in hosting a Pampered Chef party. You can also ask for referrals from past hosts or customers. Additionally, attending local events or fairs can help you connect with potential hosts.

5. How can I make my August parties stand out and be successful?

One way to make your August parties stand out is to offer unique and seasonal recipes using Pampered Chef products. You can also create a fun and interactive atmosphere by incorporating games or hands-on activities. Additionally, make sure to follow up with guests after the party to encourage them to book their own party or make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pckrissy
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jrny2001
  • CAPCnewbie