• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

August Bookings Strategies: Solutions to Increase Interest!

In summary, Ginny is offering two Santuko Forged Knives at 60% off if someone hosts a Pampered Chef party with her.
pckrissy
Looking for some fun ways to generate interest or incentives to offer for August bookings...last August was horrible for me....
I have a pretty good July and I am hoping to get some bookings for August from those July shows...I tried using dollar days in June and no one seemed interested so I was just seeing what other ides were out there. I think the August host special is great, much better than last years.
Thanks for any advice!

I'm working first and foremost to highlight the host special. I don't like referring to them as 60% off though... it's just how my mind works! I'm not the best at math so I'm like 60% off is how much? Give me a real number! So for July, I'm saying, the Salad Spinner is $20 and the Salad Chopper is $10. To me that sounds like more of a deal. So for August I'm giving the actual prices of the knives.

Also, I've decided that if I am desperate enough, I am going to say something along the lines of, "And I believe in our knives so much that when you host a show, I will buy you our Cutting Board to ensure the life of your knives."

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks Colleen..I like those ideas...I'm the same way math, I am lucky I can add let alone try to figure out 60% off....actually $amount sounds better.

Happy to help! :D

finley1991 said:
I'm working first and foremost to highlight the host special. I don't like referring to them as 60% off though... it's just how my mind works! I'm not the best at math so I'm like 60% off is how much? Give me a real number! So for July, I'm saying, the Salad Spinner is $20 and the Salad Chopper is $10. To me that sounds like more of a deal. So for August I'm giving the actual prices of the knives.

Also, I've decided that if I am desperate enough, I am going to say something along the lines of, "And I believe in our knives so much that when you host a show, I will buy you our Cutting Board to ensure the life of your knives."

Hope that helps! :)

GREAT ideas! I think I might steal them! :D I really like the idea of buying the cutting board for the host....I AM desperate, I don't have anything on the books for August yet. Of course, that's my fault...if I would just get on the phone! :rolleyes: Anyways, thanks for sharing!

Do a Pampered Partner report on who bought Forged knives from you in the past. CALL each one of them and ask them how they are loving them...

I'm saying something like this:

"Hi Suzy! This is Ginny, I'm the one who did Sally's Pampered Chef party, how are you? I'm calling to see how much you LOVE that Santuko Forged Knife ~ are you just LOVING it? (wait and listen) Great! Remember, you only have to sharpen the knife every 1 to 2 years, but honing the knife is recommended (they may ask what honing is...it puts the blade back into alignment [sometimes goes out of alignment when cutting something hard, etc] and it feels like you've just sharpened your knife, but you just put it back into alignment ~ kind of like a wheel alignment on your car. When you get a wheel alignment, it drives straight and perfect again!).

I'm also calling you because we've got a FANTSTIC special going on is August! You can get 2 of these awesome Forged knives at 60% off ~ how that sounds to you? Great! All you have to do is host a PC party of your own and not only will you get the free and discounted products you earn, but you'll also get to purchase 2 of those awesome knives at 60% off!

(if no to a party) That's okay! We're also offering these great Forged knives at 20% off, no limit. They make FANTASTIC gifts too! I hate to say this but Christmas is only 5 months away ~ buying ahead of time little by little sure helps the budget too!" ....and then go on with the conversation.

HTH,
Ginny

christy_c said:
GREAT ideas! I think I might steal them! :D I really like the idea of buying the cutting board for the host....I AM desperate, I don't have anything on the books for August yet. Of course, that's my fault...if I would just get on the phone! :rolleyes: Anyways, thanks for sharing!
I like the cutting board idea but would only do it for shows over $500 (or whatever your magic number is). And be sure to specify which one.
I am offering my July shows over $500 that I will buy their hostess special. i only do that in the months that I personally struggle to keep bookings and/ or there is something in particular i am striving for.

Good Luck,
Kristi

I'm going to do something similar for August to what Kristi is doing. I only have 1 Aug. show on the books so far (but a lot of interest in catalog shows), so I'm going to offer to buy one of the knives for hosts who hold cooking shows and have a minimum sales ($500) or guests in attendance (12).

I also like the idea of stating the price of the knives after the 60% off. I have heard variations on that theme, like saying, "In August, you can get our Santoku knife for $56 as a guest, $28 as a host, or FREE as a consultant" (using pc $'s earned in 1st 90 days) - I might say that at my Aug. shows and in my next newsletter. HTH and good luck!

I'm doing a knife 101 show to highlight proper knife use and to drive the knife specials...I'm also doing a "cooking class" show where the theme is ice cream sandwiches. Folks signing up for the class will get to make ice cream sandwiches using the dipper and sandwich maker from an ice cream buffet I'm setting up with various ice creams, sprinkles, cookies.... and take them home to keep.

This will be my third August with The Pampered Chef and each August, I offer a going, going gone show where all the soon to be discontinued items are focused on and why you just have to have them. SOme of my hosts will have the going going gone show and then a catalog show in September for the new product that we also introduce at this show as must haves! That way they get both month's host special. If I hold a going going gone show at my home which I do home kitchen clinics, then one of the lucky customers, after they have all placed their orders is the mystery host and gets the host benefits. I have a second runner up and they get the host special for the month. It usually generates a lot of interest.
If you want more info on what invites and such I send out. Just give a shout!

Ok, for the invites, I simply type all the discontinued items one right after another with item number in red, description in black and price in blue for the face of the postcard.
Then on the inside to the left: Join us for the Going once, going twice, gone show etc. with host info. Towards the bottom I end it with once their gone, their gone ! Don't miss this opportunity to get your items and preview our NEW EXCITING EXCLUSIVE PRODUCTS!
In each of my guests folders, I also include a copy of the discontinued list of items. I start promoting the discontinued aspect as soon as I get back from conference. A lot of times, this will also take my host a next level because of the urgency you create with it's almost gone.
Sorry, checked my files and they have been deleted from the fall/winter season.

SuzieQConsultant...What do you do at a Kitchen Clinic?

It depends on the type of clinic. I offer a Power Cooking clinic which we divide 10 lbs of hamburg and show them how to freeze properly Also I use the roaster and have precooked a pork roast, a beef roast and a chicken.
At the going going gone show, we would look at each item that is going and I offer up suggestions of why they just have to have this item.
Some of the other kitchen clinics I have offered is: Stoneware cooking, Casseroles and More, SUperbowl Party, Cooking with Kids, Packing lunches and new ideas. I have had good success with offering not the traditional kitchen show as a lot of my customers have been to other shows before.
Hope this helps, need more info, just let me know!

Thanks Ginny for the scipt, can count on you!

Ann

QUOTE=SUZIEQCONSULTANT]It depends on the type of clinic. I offer a Power Cooking clinic which we divide 10 lbs of hamburg and show them how to freeze properly Also I use the roaster and have precooked a pork roast, a beef roast and a chicken.
At the going going gone show, we would look at each item that is going and I offer up suggestions of why they just have to have this item.
Some of the other kitchen clinics I have offered is: Stoneware cooking, Casseroles and More, SUperbowl Party, Cooking with Kids, Packing lunches and new ideas. I have had good success with offering not the traditional kitchen show as a lot of my customers have been to other shows before.
Hope this helps, need more info, just let me know![/QUOTE]

SuzieQ, what type of recipes do you do at the Packing Lunches Clinic. That sounds like a good one, now that it is getting closer to school starting up again.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

At the Packing Lunches we use the cut and seal for the crustless sandwiches. I also focus on the outdoor utensil set as all your pieces are there, the knife is sharp enough to cut meat. The prep bowls and the mini cake under a minute in the microwave. Or make your own parfait with yogurt that tastes like McDOnalds and layered fruit
I also do recipes that include the mini muffin pan and make mini corn dogs, ham and cheese bites where you use the deli thin ham in the bottom of the cup, mix and egg, cheese, and whatever else you like and pop in the oven. the egg sets it all up and holds it together.
THis clinic tries to give them alternatives to the boring brown paper bag lunch and all the convienence items you pack in a lunch.
Hope this helps!

SuzieQ- Thanks for sharing. You have some really good ideas. You wouldn't happen to have all this typed up somewhere would you?

Unfortunately not all is typed and saved anymore. Our house was hit by lightning earlier this summer and I lost a lot of my files. WIll have to reconstruct them. I did a nifty nachos show tonite that was a lot of fun. Two of my guests came in with sombreros a cheessy moustache and a poncho. They were all thrilled with using the prep bowls in the oven to mold tortilla shell cups to hold their ice cream.

What great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Wow. Sorry to hear about your house.
I like the nacho idea. I guess I'm afraid to think out of the box so to speak. I should let my imagination run wild and come up with some of these show ideas.

What is the purpose of the August Bookings Strategies?

The August Bookings Strategies is designed to help consultants increase interest and bookings during the month of August. It provides solutions and tips to attract more customers and hostesses during this typically slow month.

What are some strategies recommended in the August Bookings Strategies?

Some strategies recommended in the August Bookings Strategies include offering special promotions or discounts, hosting virtual parties, reaching out to past customers and hostesses, and partnering with other local businesses for cross-promotion.

How can I use social media to increase bookings in August?

Social media can be a powerful tool to attract new customers and hostesses in August. Some tips include creating visually appealing posts, utilizing hashtags, and engaging with potential customers through comments and direct messages.

Is the August Bookings Strategies only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, the August Bookings Strategies can be applied by consultants from any direct sales company. The tips and strategies provided are helpful for any consultant looking to increase interest and bookings during a slow month.

Where can I access the August Bookings Strategies?

The August Bookings Strategies can be accessed through the Pampered Chef consultant website or through the Pampered Chef app. It is available for all consultants and can be downloaded or printed for easy reference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
paigev71
  • Jmioni