• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When to Stop Calling: Tips for Hosting a Successful Catalog Show

In summary, I'm not sure what happened, but I don't want to do the show anymore." Unfortunately, that's all she ever sent.
FancyChef
I had a lady that booked a catalog show with me at a show in August, I sent her the information and did host coaching the beginning of September, she seemed to be really excited about it all. And that was it........I have not heard from her since, I have left a few messages and nothing. So do keep calling her or do I just kind of give up on that show? I don't want to seem like I am bugging her but I just want to know if she still wants to do it or not.

Here is what I have heard:
Hi Sally, this is Jane from PC. I was just trying to follow up on your catalog show. If for some reason it isn't working out for you, just let me know, and I'll arrange to get my host packet back. Sorry to have missed you, I will keep trying until we connect. etc....

Tell her that you understand that life is busy and we are pulled in many directions. However, you need to close out all of your September shows (whatever date you chose) and that will include hers. If she wants to be considered a catalog show she needs to call you by (pick a time) so that you can close out her show. If you do not hear from her you will assume she has decided not to do her show.

Be kind but let her know that you are not waiting any longer.

loreo said:
Tell her that you understand that life is busy and we are pulled in many directions. However, you need to close out all of your September shows (whatever date you chose) and that will include hers. If she wants to be considered a catalog show she needs to call you by (pick a time) so that you can close out her show. If you do not hear from her you will assume she has decided not to do her show.

Be kind but let her know that you are not waiting any longer.

Good word choices, loreo......I'm taking notes for those people I can't connect with ;)

Cheers,
D.

I have the same problem!! I have a catalog show (she lives in another state) and I sent her info Mid-August, and told her the close date was Sept 10 (I was trying to get 2 before the 15th!). Around Sept 15, I finally got ahold of her for her to say she needed more time. So I told her, ok 10 more days, let's close Sept 25. I have not been able to get ahold of her since the 15th to find out if she's even doing anything. She was really sincere, I've known her a long time, and she was excited. But I know she's not doing anything!! I would be ok with her closing beginning of October so I can have 2 shows before the 15th (I want the mystery prize!), but she needs to answer me!

We were just discussing this at a cluster meeting a couple of weeks ago. A lot of consultants in our cluster have had good luck with the phrase, "I'm starting to feel like the Pampered Chef stalker and I don't want you to see me as that so please give me a call back so we can cancel, reschedule or close out your show".

Sometimes life just gets in the way and people mean to call you back and get sidetracked and then don't remember until it's like 11pm or something and then it's the same vicious cycle the next day. But something about the word STALKER seems to get people's attention. LOL

If she is collecting orders, I would also say - people have already given you orders and they are probably really excited to receive their products so I'd like to get their orders in sooner rather than later!

Jess, I love that, "stalker"

I always offer the option to email me and leave my email address on the message. Some people need to cancel, but are embarrassed to do so, and that's why they don't call back. So the offer to email me helps.

Great ideas! Love the "stalker" comment. How about also mentioning that you have other customers wanting to book shows on that date and would like to know if it is available or not. Some how kindly let them know this is your business and you want to use up the time as wisely as you can. :)

Taking a page out of director express, make sure you tell in your message that you're worried about them. Remember, if you haven't heard from them, maybe something's going on that they need you to consider. I had a friend that I emailed asking if she'd host a show and she emailed me back a week later and informed me she'd been in the hospital for the past month and wouldn't be feeling well enough to do it. Sometimes you never know!!

When to Stop Calling?

Here are the top 5 frequently asked questions about when to stop calling:

1. How many times should I call a potential customer before I stop calling?

It is generally recommended to make 3 attempts to reach a potential customer before moving on to other leads. However, the specific number of calls may vary depending on the situation and your company's policies.

2. What if the customer asks me to stop calling?

If a customer explicitly asks you to stop calling, it is important to respect their request and remove them from your call list. Continuing to call after they have asked you to stop can be perceived as pushy and may harm your company's reputation.

3. How long should I wait in between each call?

It is recommended to wait at least 2-3 days in between each call attempt. This gives the customer enough time to consider your offer and prevents you from appearing too persistent.

4. Is there a specific time of day that is best for making sales calls?

The best time of day for making sales calls may vary depending on your target audience. Generally, it is recommended to call during business hours and avoid calling early in the morning or late at night. You can also try calling during lunch breaks or after work hours when people may have more time to talk.

5. Should I leave a voicemail if the customer doesn't answer?

Yes, it is always a good idea to leave a brief voicemail when the customer doesn't answer. This lets them know that you have tried to reach them and gives them a chance to call you back when they are available. Keep your voicemail short and to the point, and always include your name and contact information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • aried
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lauradorable
  • Chefstover2