• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Arg! Gas Prices Stopping Me From Getting Bookings!

In summary, my customer/past host is considering hosting a show but is concerned about gas prices. She told me tonight that her friends are grumbling about the prices. I offered to check with her to see if she wanted to do the show sooner, and she said she would call me. Has anyone else had this problem?
Chefstover2
I just called one of my regular customers/past host. She's been considering hosting a show (I need to earn her back...she did a show recently for a new consultant of hers, so I want her back!) but told me tonight that b/c of gas prices, she doesn't want to ask her friends to make the trek to her house.:grumpy: Honestly, she's a bit of a trek out there, but not THAT far. But she says her friends are grumbling about gas prices.

I left it that I'll check with her for possible August show but she'll call me if she wants to do it sooner (if gas prices stabilize).

Has anyone else had this come up? Or do you think she's looking for an out?

I am sure it depends on the area. I know I havent seen that problem here. I actually did a show 50 miles away last weekend and all the people there live in my area. Only 1 person from her show lived in her town.

When you talk to her again tell her that you are going to be giving away gifts to those who travel the farthest to get to her. Do some recognition for their efforts even if it's just a season's best and have everyone clap for those people for being so supportive and "good friends."

Did she have a friend who lives closer to everybody else that she can ask to host her show at their house?

I spoke with Doris about this issue when we were at the zoo and she suggested encouraging "On the Block" parties. Encourage your hosts to invite everyone on their block as a Block-party/PC Party so people can WALK and she can then walk to deliver the products...

what 'Doris " are you talking about? The idea of asking a friend in between to host is GREAT!

gbakes27 said:
what 'Doris " are you talking about? The idea of asking a friend in between to host is GREAT!

Doris Christopher! What other Doris is there?? :chef:

Look at you Carolyn, Rubbin elbows with the Top Hat of our Company!

LOL - actually it was greasy fingers, not elbows. We were eating BBQ LOL

What about carpooling incentives?

Power cooking when explained is great, but to some it sounds like all day sweating.

Offer a Money Saving show. Our local newspaper has been full of articles about saving money at the grocery and at home. I have been amazed at the interest that pops up when I drop a few tips along with that theme. Don't buy prepackaged entrees, drink tap instead of bottled (we have great H2O here), plan meals around what fruits and veggies are in season, tell them which stores offer double coupon savings.

Lots of the recipes in 29 min. and coming from HO lately are under $2 a serving. One pot pasta is great. Google for more tips.

Get them to mix the crowd (FRANK is always invited) Friends, Relatives, Associates, Neighbors & Kids Aquaintances.

Not everyone is hurting for money, so make sure she invites those people, too. Everyone wants to socialize. This is a CHEAP way to have entertain, have a fun cooking class while they earn products free.

I just did my July meeting -the online July "Let's Talk Promotions" is full of more great tips. It will help you secure the bookings you want.

Becky Ishee said that when we are in a recession Pampered Chef does great because we all need to save money. She is right. My sales last month were $5,600. I am working on offering the opportunity to everyone because 58 cents a mile is a great

I wonder if shipping will be going up again.

I have started promoting on-line shows now saves on gas for everyone, seems to work not to bad...

micocina said:
I wonder if shipping will be going up again.

I can't imagine that it won't be. How could it not, kwim?

Wow! These are some GREAT ideas! I'm thinking I'll be sending out an interim e-mail to my customers offering some of these (quick tips, power cooking, $2 a serving shows, etc.) and hosts get free/discounted products...

Thanks for all the ideas! Now I'm just plain excited instead of discouraged!

1. How can I continue to get bookings despite high gas prices?

One way to combat the impact of high gas prices is to offer virtual parties or cooking demonstrations. This allows you to reach a larger audience without having to travel. You can also offer incentives for customers who host parties at their own homes.

2. Are there any special promotions or discounts for hosts to offset gas costs?

Yes, Pampered Chef regularly offers promotions and discounts for hosts. You can also work with your team leader to come up with creative incentives for hosts, such as free products or discounted shipping, to help offset gas costs.

3. How can I save on gas when delivering products to customers?

Consider consolidating deliveries and planning efficient routes to save on gas. You can also offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount or encourage customers to pick up their orders at your next party or event to save on gas costs.

4. What tips do you have for managing gas expenses while attending conferences or events?

Plan ahead and carpool with other consultants who are attending the same event. You can also try to stay at a hotel within walking distance or use public transportation to reduce the amount of driving you need to do.

5. Are there any alternative ways to grow my Pampered Chef business without relying on in-person parties?

Yes, in addition to virtual parties, you can also utilize social media and online marketing to expand your reach. You can also offer online cooking classes or workshops to engage with customers and generate sales without having to travel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • FancyChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • melissa3026
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies