• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Profits: Tips for Hosting Successful Cooking Shows

In summary, when asking the host for money, be clear about what it is for and provide an invoice or bill for the cost of groceries and other expenses. There are various ways to handle payment for groceries, such as adding it to the host's order, asking for a separate payment, having guests pay, or offering a discount on the host's order. Communication and transparency are key in ensuring a successful and fair arrangement for both parties involved.
JackieB999
Gold Member
I see many people say that they don't do "free" cooking shows. I've been doing free shows because I want to be in control of the groceries being purchased.

If I decided to ask the host for the money... how do you do that? Do you add it to her order? What if she gives you a credit card?

I guess I feel like the host is doing me a favor by having the show and she is also buying other snacks... and maybe I need to change that mentality? I recently had a $300 show netting me $66 in commission, and $16 of that I spent on the food... plus gas, door prizes, supplies, etc.

How do you work it?

If you want to ask the host for money, you need to be very clear about what it is for. You should indicate that you are expecting to be paid for your time and services. You can provide an invoice or bill for the cost of groceries, gas, door prizes, and any other supplies used in the show. If the host is paying with a credit card, make sure to get all the necessary information in order to process the payment. It's also important to keep track of all the expenses associated with the show, so you can make sure that you are getting compensated appropriately.

There are a few different ways to handle payment for a cooking show. Here are a few options:1. Add the cost of the groceries to the host's order: This is the most common method and is typically done when the host has agreed to cover the cost of groceries for the show. You can add the total cost of the groceries to the host's order and have her pay for it when she receives her order. This way, the host is in control of what groceries are purchased and you don't have to worry about handling any money.2. Ask the host for a separate payment: If the host has not agreed to cover the cost of groceries, you can ask her to pay for them separately. You can either give her a total cost for the groceries before the show and have her pay you in cash or check, or you can ask her to provide a credit card for payment.3. Have the guests pay for groceries: Another option is to have the guests at the show pay for the groceries. This can be done by collecting cash from each guest or having them pay with a credit card. This can be a good option if the host is not able to cover the cost of groceries or if the guests are interested in trying out the products and recipes.4. Offer a discount on the host's order: If you do not want to ask the host for a separate payment for groceries, you can offer her a discount on her order to cover the cost of the groceries. For example, if the groceries cost $50, you can offer the host a $50 discount on her order. This way, the host is still getting a benefit from hosting the show and you are not losing money on groceries.Ultimately, it's up to you to decide what method works best for you and your business. It's important to communicate with the host beforehand about who will be responsible for paying for groceries and to be transparent about any costs involved. Remember, the host is doing you a favor by hosting the show, but it's also a business transaction and you should be compensated for your time and expenses.

1. What is a "Free Cooking Show or Not?"

A "Free Cooking Show or Not?" is an interactive and fun cooking demonstration where a Pampered Chef consultant will teach you and your guests how to make delicious recipes using our high-quality kitchen tools and products. It can be done in person or virtually.

2. How do I host a "Free Cooking Show or Not?"

Hosting a "Free Cooking Show or Not?" is easy! Simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant and schedule a date for your show. The consultant will provide you with a personalized link to share with your guests and handle all the details of the show.

3. Is there a cost to host a "Free Cooking Show or Not?"

No, there is no cost to host a "Free Cooking Show or Not?". It is completely free to host and attend. Plus, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show.

4. What can I expect from a "Free Cooking Show or Not?"

During the show, you can expect to learn new cooking techniques, try delicious recipes, and see how our products can make your time in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the consultant and other guests.

5. Can I customize the recipes for my "Free Cooking Show or Not?"

Yes, you can! Our consultants are happy to work with you to create a menu that fits your dietary restrictions or preferences. Just let them know when you schedule your show, and they will make sure to accommodate your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JackieB999
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mclough
  • mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefErin