• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for 'Lupper' tonight? Easy dinner ideas for a busy evening.

In summary, the conversation was about various recipes and dishes. The speaker mentioned making stuffed crust pizza, a breakfast dish of eggs with cheese and chicken/apple/maple sausages, beef and chicken wet burritos, garlic peppercorn burgers, and a triple chocolate cheesecake. The speaker also gave advice on how to make the perfect scrambled eggs. Finally, the speaker mentioned uploading pictures of a dish.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight I'm working again so not to sure what for dinner.

On days like this we have "Lupper" as my DH calls it. It's in between Lunch and supper time:rolleyes:.

It will be something easy for sure.

I don't know about tonight but last night I made stuffed crust pizza using the PC crust mix. We love that mix. I had a can of mushrooms (I'd prefer fresh, but...) one red bell pepper and turkey sausage for the toppings. I grated my moz cheese with the DCG and used cheese sticks, quartered the long way to stuff into the crust's edge. Then I brushed around the edge with garlic butter. It was pretty good. The mushrooms were not so great, but the family ate with no complaints. DS had a friend over. I let him pick off the veggies.

We just had breakfast!

My special scrambled eggs with cheese (I could open a restaurant just based on my eggs - I am the EGG QUEEN!) and chicken/apple/maple breakfast sausages.

For Dinner - just found out we have guests coming for dinner, and I am planning on Beef & Bean Wet Burritos, and Chicken Wet Burritos. Our friends who are coming for dinner LOVE my wet burritos. We love them too.

I don't really have a recipe - I'll have to pay attention to what I am doing while I make them...then I'll try to post it!:D:chef:

ok Becky please share the egg recipe
and what the heck are wet burritos??? sorry, I'm imagining soggy

I made the garlic peppercorn burgers last night and DH didn't like them. :(DD and I loved them. He told me not to waste good meat like that (we have 1/2 a grass fed cow in our freezer this year). Picky, picky. Oh well, back to garlic salt for him and specialty stuff for the kiddos and I!There is a new recipe I can't wait to try, but I can't share that one until after 1 p.m. CT. ;)I MIGHT make a Triple Chocolate Cheesecake tonight or tomorrow (depending on the outside temps) to pay the guys for their work Thurs. night.OK, back to registration...

I don't have much of an appetite today, so I'm not sure. We have quite a few leftovers but my hubby is a real snob when it comes to left overs. I'll keep you posted if I feel led to create a culinary masterpiece for our nourishment tonight... :) Otherwise, probably chicken broth for me, and left overs for the King of Cereal. :)

Teresa Lynn said:
ok Becky please share the egg recipe
and what the heck are wet burritos??? sorry, I'm imagining soggy

I don't have a recipe....it's all in the technique!:rolleyes::D

It's just eggs (I use organic, free range eggs) with a little milk (I eyeball it) and a little mayonnaise (again, just eyeballed) and then I scramble them in just a little bit of real butter, with a couple twists of the S&P grinders (I'll be getting new ones of those soon). Then, I let them cook on medium, and stir them only occasionally until JUST set - still looking just a tad wet. I sprinkle on cheddar cheese, and then put the lid on and let the cheese melt.

I think the problem most people have with eggs is that they over-cook them. The key is to cook them JUST until set. They will finish cooking even after you turn the heat off them. This keeps them moist and yummy!

And wet burritos are big burritos with a sauce and cheese over the top of them - and then baked. I make different sauces for beef and chicken. A red sauce for beef, and a green sauce for chicken.

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't have a recipe....it's all in the technique!:rolleyes::D

It's just eggs (I use organic, free range eggs) with a little milk (I eyeball it) and a little mayonnaise (again, just eyeballed) and then I scramble them in just a little bit of real butter, with a couple twists of the S&P grinders (I'll be getting new ones of those soon). Then, I let them cook on medium, and stir them only occasionally until JUST set - still looking just a tad wet. I sprinkle on cheddar cheese, and then put the lid on and let the cheese melt.

I think the problem most people have with eggs is that they over-cook them. The key is to cook them JUST until set. They will finish cooking even after you turn the heat off them. This keeps them moist and yummy!

And wet burritos are big burritos with a sauce and cheese over the top of them - and then baked. I make different sauces for beef and chicken. A red sauce for beef, and a green sauce for chicken.

That's funny- that's what I call an enchilada! :) LOL

thanks! Becky I think we should have a thread once a week with favorite recipes
one week mexican
chinese
comfort food etc we could even have one for things like eggs
etc

Kacey, i agree they'd be enchiladas here
a burrito is "finger food"

Teresa Lynn said:
Kacey, i agree they'd be enchiladas here
a burrito is "finger food"

either way, they're both yummy!!! :):p

I call it too much work for a Saturday. ;)

janetupnorth said:
I call it too much work for a Saturday. ;)

Oh, this from the woman who's making a triple chocolate cheesecake? ;)

Well, that is purely dependent on the weather and only happening tonight or tomorrow because of all the work the guys did!!!! Otherwise, I haven't made that recipe in about 2-3 years! :p

janetupnorth said:
Well, that is purely dependent on the weather and only happening tonight or tomorrow because of all the work the guys did!!!! Otherwise, I haven't made that recipe in about 2-3 years! :p

Well, sounds like excuses to me, but since you've been so nice I'll let you off the hook. :) LOL

:pI'm uploading some pictures now of my koi, my growing plants and more of the big HOLE that needs some work!My outside is coming along, now the inside of my house - YIKES! I'm surrounded by a pile of paper right now trying to wade through 60 sets of paperwork!Anyone want to cook me lunch?

Kitchen Diva said:
That's funny- that's what I call an enchilada! :) LOL

Nope - they are a bit different from Enchiladas....and much bigger!

Let me see if I can find a picture.....

Okay - none of the restaurants where I have had them have websites (mostly small mom & pop Mexican restaurants) but I did find this: (look under the varieties heading for the picture and description)
Burrito - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ok, I just whipped together an interesting lunch entree...it would actually make a good side dish.Couscous
Basic blend canola oil poured over and stirred in
Seasoned with sea salt
Snipped fresh chives on top

I have a lb of chicken tenders in the fridge trying to figure out what I'm going to do with them, any ideas?

janetupnorth said:
I made the garlic peppercorn burgers last night and DH didn't like them. :(
We had these at our meeting last night! (Team meeting...but a pool party and everyone brought a side dish) They were soooooooooooo good and moist! They were cooked all the way through (I normally like mine med rare) and they were still sooooo moist! I LOVED THEM!!

I will definately be trying this recipe out!

Humble Beginnings said:
I have a lb of chicken tenders in the fridge trying to figure out what I'm going to do with them, any ideas?

Three step method:

Flour
Ranch dressing (can thin it out with some milk...)
Panko bread crumbs

Then fry in a bit of canola or veggie oil. Makes THE BEST chicken strips in the world!

what are panko bread crumbs? I heard that on the Next Food Network Star but thought it was some fancy-schmancy thing. :)

japanese bread crumbs

Making Poor Man's Casserole with Ground Turkey. Just thought I'd chime in here. I'm trying not to lurk so much and actually participate.

Teresa Lynn said:
japanese bread crumbs

Which is funny because the Japanese don't eat much bread- yet they have the most famous breadcrumbs in the world!

thebowman said:
Making Poor Man's Casserole with Ground Turkey. Just thought I'd chime in here. I'm trying not to lurk so much and actually participate.

YEAH- we love participators! What is poor man's casserole?

Kitchen Diva said:
Which is funny because the Japanese don't eat much bread- yet they have the most famous breadcrumbs in the world!

You stole that from TNFNS!!

babywings76 said:
what are panko bread crumbs? I heard that on the Next Food Network Star but thought it was some fancy-schmancy thing. :)

Normal dried bread crumbs are very small...the panko are larger and more like flakes? Kindof hard to describe. BUT- they cook up MUCH crispier than bread crumbs, so when I am coating something to bake or fry, I like to use them.

Poor Man's Casserole is ground meat browned with onion,gravy, mashed potatoes and veggie mix of choice layered in a casserole dish. Then cook 30 minutes at 350. Change it up with different meat mixture or veggie mixes.

KellyTheChef said:
You stole that from TNFNS!!

Shhhh-don't tell my secrets of culinary wisdom! :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Shhhh-don't tell my secrets of culinary wisdom! :)

Oops!

I thought it was funny....like you were trying to see who was paying attention!

Hey, ChefBecky- do you have a good, fairly easy Chicken Stock recipe?

I'm sort of tired of spending $4.33 for 4 cups of mostly water...:) I thought it high time I start making my own. :)

Kitchen Diva said:

I'm sort of tired of spending $4.33 for 4 cups of mostly water...:) I thought it high time I start making my own. :)

I am surprised you didn't check "the man" first!! lol
Recipes : Chicken Stock : Food Network

Do NOT let the water boil!! Barely simmer or you will have murkey looking stock! Not appealing to me at all! Just barely at a simmer and you will have great clear stock!

Kitchen Diva said:

Chicken stock is easy....it just takes time.

I do it in an 8 qt pot. Throw in a chicken carcass (mine is usually in pieces - don't worry about it being clean or anything - I just usually use the leftover carcass from a 30 minute chicken.), and a chopped carrot, celery stalk or 2 with leaves, and an onion. I also like to throw in a garlic clove and some dried basil, but you don't have to. Cover it all with water,bring to a boil, and then cover, turn down and let it simmer on LOW for about 3-4 hours....

Then, strain it through some cheesecloth in a colander bowl.

I'm feeling very lazy today, and my parents invited us over for dinner, so I'll probably go over there. Maybe I'll be nice and make a treat.....hmmmm, I really want to try a certain new dessert recipe!!!

Ditto what Shari said........I'm trying not to lurk so much and be a participant!!!

thebowman said:
Poor Man's Casserole is ground meat browned with onion,gravy, mashed potatoes and veggie mix of choice layered in a casserole dish. Then cook 30 minutes at 350. Change it up with different meat mixture or veggie mixes.

Is that like Shepherd's Pie?

KellyTheChef said:
Oops!

I thought it was funny....like you were trying to see who was paying attention!

It's okay- it is probably the only thing I've actually retained from watching that show! :) LOL

ChefBeckyD said:
Chicken stock is easy....it just takes time.

I do it in an 8 qt pot. Throw in a chicken carcass (mine is usually in pieces - don't worry about it being clean or anything - I just usually use the leftover carcass from a 30 minute chicken.), and a chopped carrot, celery stalk or 2 with leaves, and an onion. I also like to throw in a garlic clove and some dried basil, but you don't have to. Cover it all with water,bring to a boil, and then cover, turn down and let it simmer on LOW for about 3-4 hours....

Then, strain it through some cheesecloth in a colander bowl.

Okay, off to buy some cheesecloth! That is so easy- DUH, that's how I make my home made chicken noodle soup... LOL I'm such a dork!

Yes Kacey like Shepards pie but not so fancy, hence the Poor Man part of it, all though in this day and age (hmmm) ground meat isn't the most inexpensive thing. Of course I take advantage of London Broil when it's on sale and have it ground so I save about $2 a lb.

thebowman said:
Yes Kacey like Shepards pie but not so fancy, hence the Poor Man part of it, all though in this day and age (hmmm) ground meat isn't the most inexpensive thing. Of course I take advantage of London Broil when it's on sale and have it ground so I save about $2 a lb.

Cool! I can dig that... I'll be over at 6:00- kidding- I'm not going anywhere! :)

Sorry you're not feeling better. Chin up and all....

thebowman said:
Sorry you're not feeling better. Chin up and all....

I'd put my chin up, but there are two of them, and the second one is holding my original chin down! :) LOL

You totally crack me up! Now take your left hand and put it at throat level and push them both up! Sometimes I think I have three.

thebowman said:
You totally crack me up! Now take your left hand and put it at throat level and push them both up! Sometimes I think I have three.

I'm afraid to look and find three! :) I'm off to sit in my recliner and spend some one on one with my homeboy Alton Brown...

Chat ya later ladies! :)

You guys are making me hungry....
I am planning burgers for dinner. The couscous sounds like a great side, with a salad.
Quick and easy.

I just got done reading the brownie thread again. DROOL!!!

thebowman said:

Um Shari - where were you last week! I was looking for someone else from the Palmer House at the MNG to share a cab back with!!!!

<h2>What is "Lupper" and why do people have it?</h2><p>"Lupper" is a term used to describe a meal that falls between lunch and supper, typically eaten in the late afternoon or early evening. People have it because it allows them to have a substantial meal during a busy time of day.</p><h2>Why is "Lupper" a good option for a busy evening?</h2><p>Having "Lupper" allows you to have a satisfying meal without having to spend a lot of time cooking. This is especially helpful on busy evenings when you may not have a lot of time to prepare a full dinner.</p><h2>What are some easy dinner ideas for "Lupper"?</h2><p>Some easy dinner ideas for "Lupper" include sandwiches, salads, soups, and casseroles. You can also opt for quick and easy meals like pasta dishes or stir-fries.</p><h2>What are the benefits of having "Lupper" instead of a traditional dinner?</h2><p>"Lupper" allows you to have a more flexible schedule, as it can be eaten earlier or later than a traditional dinner. It also gives you the option to have a lighter meal, which can be helpful for those trying to eat healthier or lose weight.</p><h2>What are some tips for making a delicious and quick "Lupper"?</h2><p>Some tips for making a delicious and quick "Lupper" include using pre-cooked or pre-prepared ingredients, utilizing leftovers from previous meals, and opting for simple and easy recipes. You can also save time by using kitchen tools like a slow cooker or pressure cooker.</p>

Related to What's for 'Lupper' tonight? Easy dinner ideas for a busy evening.

What is "Lupper" and why do people have it?

"Lupper" is a term used to describe a meal that falls between lunch and supper, typically eaten in the late afternoon or early evening. People have it because it allows them to have a substantial meal during a busy time of day.

Why is "Lupper" a good option for a busy evening?

Having "Lupper" allows you to have a satisfying meal without having to spend a lot of time cooking. This is especially helpful on busy evenings when you may not have a lot of time to prepare a full dinner.

What are some easy dinner ideas for "Lupper"?

Some easy dinner ideas for "Lupper" include sandwiches, salads, soups, and casseroles. You can also opt for quick and easy meals like pasta dishes or stir-fries.

What are the benefits of having "Lupper" instead of a traditional dinner?

"Lupper" allows you to have a more flexible schedule, as it can be eaten earlier or later than a traditional dinner. It also gives you the option to have a lighter meal, which can be helpful for those trying to eat healthier or lose weight.

What are some tips for making a delicious and quick "Lupper"?

Some tips for making a delicious and quick "Lupper" include using pre-cooked or pre-prepared ingredients, utilizing leftovers from previous meals, and opting for simple and easy recipes. You can also save time by using kitchen tools like a slow cooker or pressure cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
  • rennea