• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What We Would Like to Say to Some Hosts....

In summary, Becky was complaining about how few people attended her show and how this was why she didn't like hosting since no one showed up. Her friends who sell PC products showed up and were a distraction.
cookingwithdawn said:
Please shut up about your mini spatula that the handle fell off that you bought 8 years ago, it happens it was probably about $4 then, I'll give you $5 to shut up!!!!!

That's a good one!!1

oh, I just love that your cat is on the table and then decided to take a nap in my PC Tote bag!!!! Ughhh!!!

Becca_in_MD said:
No, it wasn't worth it for me that you only had 5 people here and the sales are at $200.

This did happen to me...three people came, her sister in law, brother in law, and mother.....

HOWEVER...I did the show with them family-style...we all pitched in and did the menu for the evening...and the married couple signed on to Pampered Chef (well one did but they are together in their shows) and are ON FIRE for Pampered Chef.

I offer service....sometimes my shows are huge, sometimes my shows are a service but I treat them all the same and I get HUGE rewards.

Now...that being said...I prefer big shows!

Liquid Sky said:
EXACTLY! I HATE when hosts do this. Their guests follow their lead.

What I want to say to some guests:

Can you put down the damn wine/beer/whatever alcoholic beverage for 2 seconds and stop asking me to repeat myself cuz you are too buzzed/drunk to freakin' pay attention????
''

You know...I go into teacher mode here. I stop talking and stare until they shut up....really! Then I joke about it....

Becca_in_MD said:
From today's show...

Even though I have a dog myself, I don't want your energetic big puppy jumping on me, sniffing every thing I bring into the house, and putting his nose on all of my kitchen tools. Thanks, now I have to wash things that I didn't even use in the recipe. Oh, and an even bigger thanks to your husband for bringing the dog back from the walk and in to meet everyone right in the middle of my cookware talk. Now I know why my demo ran long. And could you put him somewhere so I can at least pack up my stuff without having to keep pulling him off of my stuff.

Seriously? You really weren't paying attention when we did this same recipe at the last show and I cooked it in the microwave? This I find out when she asks me what temperature I need the oven at. Plus, the recipe list I send clearly states that the microwave needs to be big enough for the DCB to fit in the microwave.

OK, it's an $800 show so it's not that bad of a day....

What about my host... "I don't have a microwave" Who doesn't have a microwave??

schel said:

Believe it or not, lots of people don't have microwaves ;) I lived in Mississippi for 2 months and since the apartment didn't have a microwave - I didn't have one! And when we moved here, there wasn't one either so we lived without it for quite awhile.

schel said:

Lots of people don't have microwaves. ;)

schel said:

Haha, have run into this before. Wal-Mart has a great Emerson microwave that is white, just big enough for the baker on a turntable, and is 1000 watts. I picked one up for $59 and it is always in my trunk...there if I need it!

ChefCKHall said:
Haha, have run into this before.* Wal-Mart has a great Emerson microwave that is white, just big enough for the baker on a turntable, and is 1000 watts.* I picked one up for $59 and it is always in my trunk...there if I need it!
That is a great idea.

To an email I got yesterday:
No you shouldn't wait until Spring or Summer (Summer... really?!) to do a show. By the time we book it and I get a hold of you closer to the party you will no longer want to do it or will have vanished into thin air!

LMAO!!! I.am.crying!!!! Please tell me this didn't really happen!

wadesgirl said:
To an email I got yesterday:
No you shouldn't wait until Spring or Summer (Summer... really?!) to do a show. By the time we book it and I get a hold of you closer to the party you will no longer want to do it or will have vanished into thin air!

That's a good one too!!!

I just got the same booking objection this past weekend. "I want to do it when the weather is nicer." You managed to get your butt here today so what's the weather problem? And once it gets nicer, then you'll say everyone has too many things going on. I even got the weather as a recruiting objection. She wants to wait until March "when the weather is nicer." I hope she plans on working a year-round biz.

Thanks so much for inviting all your broke friends/family. I appreciate it also that you didn't defrost the chicken before I arrived and I especially loved that everyone had a wonderful meal! The $75.00 in total show orders (with one that was later cancelled) was well worth me driving 40 minutes and getting lost. That $35.00 total show was well worth it!

I too have an extra microwave. Mine was a hand me down from my sister inlaw.

Last edited:
Ok sorry if I offended anyone on the microwave comment. I only meant it made things a bit awkard at this show.
So sorry. I now make sure to ask this if the recipe is a microwave one!
Schel

I had one that told me she had a microwave and then when I got there and asked her where is was she replied "my ex-husband took it...is that a problem" I'm guessing she missed the part where we picked the recipe for the microwave Mexican lasagna.

I had a show Sunday where I drove 45 min to get there... Supposed to be 10-15 there, only two people there, and as of this morning only ONE order for $23 and it was an outside order.... Granted, we laughed and had a great time, but that was time away from my family AND costed me money.... But the host did everything right... She sent einvitations from my website and did a facebook event and several times mentioned it on her fb page.... I think she is as frustrated as I am..... UUUUGGGGHHHHH..

alabama pc cons. said:
I had a show Sunday where I drove 45 min to get there... Supposed to be 10-15 there, only two people there, and as of this morning only ONE order for $23 and it was an outside order.... Granted, we laughed and had a great time, but that was time away from my family AND costed me money.... But the host did everything right... She sent einvitations from my website and did a facebook event and several times mentioned it on her fb page.... I think she is as frustrated as I am..... UUUUGGGGHHHHH..

But did she actually call and TALK to the people invited? That is so KEY. Although I love the FB event thing, and encourage my hosts to use it, I stress that it is only one piece of the invitation puzzle. I tell all of my hosts that a written invitation (I use the mini catalog as the invite) from me, a face to face invite and a reminder phone call from the host, along with a FB invite, or an invite from evites or my website, all combined make for the very best shows, and that my best shows are ALWAYS the ones where these steps are followed!

PamperedChefLayla said:
Gee I am not sure why no one came to your show??? You said you called everyone and they told you they were coming I am not sure how ALL of your guests totally forgot about your show and no I will not take a check for the groceries I will need cash. Oh sorry I can't hold your show open another 2 weeks since that will be more of my time you have wasted

LIKE!!! :thumbup:

You know I am coming to your house do you think you could possibly turn on the front porch/garage lights so I could read the number on your house! Your friends know where you live but I don't!!!!

If you don't want to host a party, just say so!! I'm not going to jump off of a bridge if you cancel again!!

pkd09 said:
You know I am coming to your house do you think you could possibly turn on the front porch/garage lights so I could read the number on your house! Your friends know where you live but I don't!!!!

Totally agree with this! I hate when it starts to get dark early just for this reason. Or there is the host happens to not have numbers on their house... I've ran into that before.

I was thinking about this one last night: No it's not bothersome for me to mail the invites out for you! It's bothersome that you think it's bothersome and only send me 10 addresses because of this! I'd rather sit there and stuff 80 invites (like I did last night) than "waste" my time stuffing 10!

I love it when I get there and and there is no room to park in the driveway or on the street in front of their house.....and I have to schlep my stuff half a block because they didn't even leave enough room for me to get my stuff by in the driveway either. I started putting in my host coaching letter that I needed to park near the front door. And I go over it in my last call to them, but sometimes they still don't get it.

My second favorite thing is when I am loading up my car after the show and the husband sits there and talks to me when I am loading in and out but doesn't offer to lift a finger to carry anything. Feel like saying to him "no, really, it's fine--I got it. This stuff isn't heavy at all, LOL"

Nanisu said:
I love it when I get there and and there is no room to park in the driveway or on the street in front of their house.....and I have to schlep my stuff half a block because they didn't even leave enough room for me to get my stuff by in the driveway either. I started putting in my host coaching letter that I needed to park near the front door. And I go over it in my last call to them, but sometimes they still don't get it.

My second favorite thing is when I am loading up my car after the show and the husband sits there and talks to me when I am loading in and out but doesn't offer to lift a finger to carry anything. Feel like saying to him "no, really, it's fine--I got it. This stuff isn't heavy at all, LOL"

That's funny! I just ask (of course I have a frozen shoulder and upcoming surgery)! Would you mind loading these bags in my car for me? I never have a problem asking for help. Yes they did a show but they are getting a lot back too!

I actually did say this to a host..it was my boyfriend's mom..she had a great show for me..and of course it was just because it was me. I was sick of hearing about how she had had such a great party "FOR ME"..so when I introduced her to my director at a picnic that my bf and I had..she said..Yes I am the one who had the great party for Heidi..and I looked at my director and said..and of course she got NOTHING out of it. I haven't heard about it since. I would not have said it if it was anyone else. And leading up to the party she kept saying..I am only doing this because it is you and this will be my one and only party..but a few months ago she told me that she is thinking about having another party because there are a few things that she wants.

NooraK said:
Please don't tell me you have EVERYTHING, followed by "I haven't been to a show in YEARS"!

(haven't gone through the entire thread yet), but YES!!! THANK YOU!!!!
This drives me bonkers!!!!

Nanisu said:

That would be my husband. :mad: He lets me load and unload my car all by myself. Can't imagine that it would occur to him to help someone else. I love the hosts who make their teenage sons help me. Teaching them right!

Becca_in_MD said:
That would be my husband. :mad: He lets me load and unload my car all by myself. Can't imagine that it would occur to him to help someone else. I love the hosts who make their teenage sons help me. Teaching them right!

My either! I love it when the wife FLASHES her husband that look and he pipes up "would you like any help?"

Becca_in_MD said:

My husband is the shipping/receiving manager at his company... he gets so mad at the way I pack my car for a show. If he doesn't do it himself, he takes it all out and redoes it so it's all neat and fits in the trunk. I can never do it the same way coming home... that being said, when I get home from a show he is nowhere around to carry it all back in the house. LOL

Mine just clears out of the way. He knows I can be particular about things. He only helps unload when he is waiting for me to get home so he can go out.

My husband calls all our boys up, "Mom's home, go help her unload the car!"

My hubby says he'll do it "later," which means if I don't do it tonight, it wouldn't get done for a week, and my car will end up smelling like garlic...

I used to walk between DH and the TV several times while loading the car. He was oblivious. Then as I was about done he'd notice and say "why didn't you say something". I have to so though, now he helps me load every time and also unload - even if he's already gone to bed when I get home, he gets up and unloads the car for me (he has to get up really early so is often in bed by 8:30 or 9).

At shows, at least half of the time I unload on my own but almost always the host, her DH or guests grab bags and help me get things to the car and I never have to ask.

NooraK said:
My hubby says he'll do it "later," which means if I don't do it tonight, it wouldn't get done for a week, and my car will end up smelling like garlic...

Oh that is so true!

I came home from my show this past Saturday night through a snowstorm which didn't get me home until after 11pm... the show was to start at 7 but of course I was asked to wait til the Steelers game was over. Anyways, I unpacked and put my reusable grocery bag in the laundry room which is what I load my dirty tools in. My DH asks me the next day..."Hey hun... why does the laundry room smell like garlic?" I told him because I wasn't starting laundry at midnight.

vanscootin said:
Oh that is so true!

I came home from my show this past Saturday night through a snowstorm which didn't get me home until after 11pm... the show was to start at 7 but of course I was asked to wait til the Steelers game was over. Anyways, I unpacked and put my reusable grocery bag in the laundry room which is what I load my dirty tools in. My DH asks me the next day..."Hey hun... why does the laundry room smell like garlic?" I told him because I wasn't starting laundry at midnight.

At least they had priorities..sorry..I had to say it..we are wild women at my house when the Steelers are on..but..reading this I just kept thinking..HOLY COW..it was supposed to start at 7..the game wasn't over until at least 745. Not that I needed to tell you.

I arrived at a show and the host greeted me and said that she picked up ingredients for TWO more recipes and wondered if I would mind helping prepare them since all of her friends would normally be eating dinner at this time. I was a bit ticked, but we made it work and it was a decent show, but definitely not worth it. She wants to book another show and won't answer the phone when I call or return messages. I figure after 10 calls and no response, she really doesn't want to book another show.

vanscootin said:
Oh that is so true!

chefheidi2003 said:
At least they had priorities..sorry..I had to say it..we are wild women at my house when the Steelers are on..but..reading this I just kept thinking..HOLY COW..it was supposed to start at 7..the game wasn't over until at least 745. Not that I needed to tell you.

"If you're such a big Steelers fan, why did you book a party for a game night?" :D

NooraK said:
"If you're such a big Steelers fan, why did you book a party for a game night?" :D

She may not have known. I am a HUGE Packers fan and I have a show this Sunday afternoon - I can not believe I did that but then the show was booked more than a month ago and how were we to know that there'd be a game that day... I had an awesome show schedule in Jan which fell apart. Of course one of the shows that DID hold is this one.

AND I just booked Feb 6. I am waiting to see the results of Sunday's game to decide if I want to call the host (SHE changed the date 3 times so I don't feel guilty) - don't want to jinx my team though...

BethCooks4U said:
She may not have known. I am a HUGE Packers fan and I have a show this Sunday afternoon - I can not believe I did that but then the show was booked more than a month ago and how were we to know that there'd be a game that day... I had an awesome show schedule in Jan which fell apart. Of course one of the shows that DID hold is this one.

AND I just booked Feb 6. I am waiting to see the results of Sunday's game to decide if I want to call the host (SHE changed the date 3 times so I don't feel guilty) - don't want to jinx my team though...

Just call her. The Bears are going to win anyway. ;)

This whole thread made me feel so much better! LMAO

I am not the only one that wants to leave a message on the machine after 10 failed attempts to reach someone "WTF - you told me you wanted a show and were so excited to book one, now you won't even return a phone call!! If I don't hear from you by tomorrow I am NOT COMING!!! bpltplbtpltbpltpbl (*sound of a raspberry*)

My car is always packed so I never have the unpacking problem at home!

wadesgirl said:
My car is always packed so I never have the unpacking problem at home!

HeeHee...that's what I was thinking too. I just haul in my paperwork bag to refill, and the rest stays packed in the back of my Vue!

ChefBeckyD said:
HeeHee...that's what I was thinking too. I just haul in my paperwork bag to refill, and the rest stays packed in the back of my Vue!

Ah....my goal for this year. Two sets of everything, one for the house, one for the car!

This is the year! I am slowly working on it!

BethCooks4U said:

I would make sure she knows it's Super Bowl Sunday. I treat it as another national holiday, unfortunately since I'm not a football fan. Maybe if the show is early enough in the afternoon she can make it a success. I expect she'll get a lot of "we're going to a Super Bowl party that night so I can't do PC as well."

Another one to say to those lovely hosts: "I do mind staying on the phone with you for half an hour while you flip through the catalog trying to figure out your order. I have kids to get to bed and other calls to make. Couldn't you have figured this out before now?"

Also happened to me. I spend hours helping you get started and you only bought the kit for the products.

Becca_in_MD said:
Another one to say to those lovely hosts: "I do mind staying on the phone with you for half an hour while you flip through the catalog trying to figure out your order. I have kids to get to bed and other calls to make. Couldn't you have figured this out before now?"

ARGH, now THAT is one of my pet peeves. Sheesh! I knew exactly what I wanted every year when I had my show.

I'm with you Bobbie! Da-Bears!!!!

NooraK said:

Kind of hard to determine in the playoffs..you don't know sometimes until the week of the game when the game will be.

ChefCKHall said:
Ah....my goal for this year. Two sets of everything, one for the house, one for the car!

This is the year! I am slowly working on it!

It's awesome! One of the best pieces of advice my director ever gave me. The only time my kit comes in the car is during change over season when I change out products for new recipes I'm offering (I offer the same 3-4 recipes for 6 months) and if I ever need the trunk of my car. My sister always teases me that I could do a show out of the back of my car. I have slightly, I've pulled out products for people to check out before while at work and such. And then there is always the family get together that someone forgets something - like at the park when no one brought a turner for flipping burgers, I only had the beaded spoon on hand but it worked.

<h2>1. "Why didn't you invite more people to your show?"</h2><p>As a consultant, I rely on the host to invite as many people as possible to their show. The more guests, the more potential for sales and bookings. It can be frustrating when a host doesn't put in the effort to invite a good number of guests.</p><h2>2. "Can you please stick to the agreed-upon date and time for your show?"</h2><p>It's important for hosts to stick to the scheduled time and date for their show. As a consultant, I have other shows and commitments, and having a host change the date or time last minute can throw off my entire schedule.</p><h2>3. "Why didn't you let me know about dietary restrictions or allergies beforehand?"</h2><p>When planning the menu for a show, it's important for hosts to let me know if any of their guests have dietary restrictions or allergies. This way, I can make sure to have alternative options or make accommodations for those guests.</p><h2>4. "Please don't cancel your show last minute without a valid reason."</h2><p>Cancellations can be frustrating for both the consultant and the host. As a consultant, I put a lot of time and effort into preparing for a show, so it can be disappointing when a host cancels last minute. It's important for hosts to communicate any valid reasons for canceling, such as illness or an emergency.</p><h2>5. "If you're not interested in hosting another show or booking a party, please let me know."</h2><p>One of the goals of hosting a show is to get future bookings and parties. As a consultant, it can be frustrating when a host doesn't show any interest in hosting another show or booking a party. If you're not interested, please let me know so I can focus my efforts on other potential hosts.</p>

1. "Why didn't you invite more people to your show?"

As a consultant, I rely on the host to invite as many people as possible to their show. The more guests, the more potential for sales and bookings. It can be frustrating when a host doesn't put in the effort to invite a good number of guests.

2. "Can you please stick to the agreed-upon date and time for your show?"

It's important for hosts to stick to the scheduled time and date for their show. As a consultant, I have other shows and commitments, and having a host change the date or time last minute can throw off my entire schedule.

3. "Why didn't you let me know about dietary restrictions or allergies beforehand?"

When planning the menu for a show, it's important for hosts to let me know if any of their guests have dietary restrictions or allergies. This way, I can make sure to have alternative options or make accommodations for those guests.

4. "Please don't cancel your show last minute without a valid reason."

Cancellations can be frustrating for both the consultant and the host. As a consultant, I put a lot of time and effort into preparing for a show, so it can be disappointing when a host cancels last minute. It's important for hosts to communicate any valid reasons for canceling, such as illness or an emergency.

5. "If you're not interested in hosting another show or booking a party, please let me know."

One of the goals of hosting a show is to get future bookings and parties. As a consultant, it can be frustrating when a host doesn't show any interest in hosting another show or booking a party. If you're not interested, please let me know so I can focus my efforts on other potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies