• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What We Would Like to Say to Some Hosts....

In summary, Becky was complaining about how few people attended her show and how this was why she didn't like hosting since no one showed up. Her friends who sell PC products showed up and were a distraction.
pkd09
Silver Member
Sometimes we all just need to vent. So lets have at it! What are some of the things we would REALLY like to say to hosts/guests but have to bite out lip.

....If you are not going to put 100% into your show don't waste my time

Is it THAT hard to pick up the phone, send an email or even a text message?!

I've been trying to call you for three weeks and you finally get ahold of me three days before your party to cancel... THANKS! :)

Oh and, gee if you did what I told you to do your party would have been over $70 but what would I know about it?!

If you want to have a party, just set a date with me. It's not set in stone, you CAN reschedule...just commit to SOMETHING! Don't make me call you a million times and play guessing games on weather you want me to call or not, if you were serious or not. If you have no intention of going through with a party, don't say yes!

No, it wasn't worth it for me that you only had 5 people here and the sales are at $200.

Yes, the "helpful" child was a pain in my butt with her being the one taking center stage through the whole show and not letting the products be the center of attention.

No, it wasn't OK that half of your guests didn't buy anything.

It was very annoying that you sat in the back of the room talking to half of the guests through the whole demo.

I'm sure I'll have more...

I'm sorry, but if you only invite 8 people, your party is going to suck lemons.

Next time could you please NOT have your other friends that sell for other direct sale companies NOT bring their stuff/catalogs/whatever and display it at my show to get sales for YOUR company?

"How many crack pipes did you smoke today?" (just kidding!)

Becky, your's is freaking hilarious!!!

You bought the kit for yourself? Really?? I spent hours on a recruit interview and training for you and you had NO intention to selling? You are a thief!!!!!

This is fun....let's keep it going 'cause I am sure we could fill pages!!!!!

Have the courtesy to return my calls. My time has value too.

ChefBeckyD said:

LOL I almost chocked on my lunch! :D

No I can't hold a check for 3 weeks--sorry

ChefBeckyD said:

Just to clarify...that's what I'm thinking.

What they hear:

"Wow - thanks for that, you're off to a good start on your guest list. Now, lets take a look at your 50 guests in 5 minutes sheet, and see if you can come up with at least 12 more people. I know you can! You knew more than 8 people at Mary's show! Really, only about 1/3 of the people you invite will be able to attend, and I really want you to be able to get that DCB for half price, so lets work on inviting everyone you know who eats!"

Here's one I actually did say 2 days ago to someone who contacted me through my web page asking to host a Cooking Show ... "No Ma'am, I'm not in New York. I'm on a military base in Japan. But I have a huge network of Consultants and would be happy to refer you to one in New York" She said she'd have to think about it. Claims my mom Ida told her to call me. Sorry lady, my Mom's name is NOT Ida and she does NOT live in New York.

Really? /SheilaDacey??? There are more than one of us out there & we are both PC Consultants???

Becca_in_MD said:
It was very annoying that you sat in the back of the room talking to half of the guests through the whole demo.

EXACTLY! I HATE when hosts do this. Their guests follow their lead.

What I want to say to some guests:

Can you put down the damn wine/beer/whatever alcoholic beverage for 2 seconds and stop asking me to repeat myself cuz you are too buzzed/drunk to freakin' pay attention????

Please quit telling everyone how much PC stuff you got at a yardsale last year!

loreo said:

ahahhha!

Here's on that came to mind:

When you are talking about your hosting experience at your show to your friends, STOP complaining about how upset you are that tons of other people didn't show up! Then go onto saying how this is why you don't like to host since no one shows up.

UGH!!!! Talk about deterring others from booking a show. Is it not good enough that 6-8 showed up???? Also, when you don't invite like I coached you on you can't complain much.

Please don't tell me you have EVERYTHING, followed by "I haven't been to a show in YEARS"!

ChefBeckyD said:

And, I'm sorry you only know eight people, you really don't have any other friends/acquaintances - what kind of person are you?

How about this - had a host who's canceled her prior 3 dates (supposed to be August - then November - then December) last time canceled due to bronchitis. She tells me she's sorry and not to give up on her. Okay then why have you not returned a single email that I've sent you since early December. Have some courtesy woman! I'm a person too!And it kills me that she's a friend on FB - I can see when she's online and private message her there and nothing!! Oh well - not going to try any longer!

loreo said:
Or brag how much you saved when you bought cookware and even a consultant apron on Ebay!

NooraK said:
Please don't tell me you have EVERYTHING, followed by "I haven't been to a show in YEARS"!
Yup, heard that one before too!

NO, you will not collect any more orders if you hold your show open a week after it's held!

I get that a lot at boutiques. I usually laugh and respond with "really? you have EVERYTHING? All 347 products? So how do YOU feel about those wine charms?" Gets them to stop and laugh and admit they don't have everything and saves me from making a tacky comment, which I really want to do....

Nanisu said:
I get that a lot at boutiques. I usually laugh and respond with "really? you have EVERYTHING? All 347 products? So how do YOU feel about those wine charms?" Gets them to stop and laugh and admit they don't have everything and saves me from making a tacky comment, which I really want to do....

where is the like button when you need it..LOL. I think that that is a great come back to that

You are in direct sales, just how do you do it? If you can't even return my phone calls/emails/or guest list?

Just because you are up at the "butt crack of dawn" doesn't mean I am too. Do not call me at 7:30 am on a Sunday morning and ask if you woke me up!

In reference to when she emails the DAY before her party to say "I have to cancel, I had a last minute trip out of town and this is the first time I had access to a computer to tell you."
Did you forget your phone at home too? You could've called me, I watched you program in my number a month ago!

What makes you think my time is less valueable than yours

No, I don't want to turn our party into a vendor event. That would NOT be fun and I do not want to do that!!

esavvymom said:
Is it THAT hard to pick up the phone, send an email or even a text message?!

That's my line too.

or, "Do you really want to turn your show into a catalog show? or is that just your way of getting out of it?"

(to host's hubby when he answers her cell phone)
Really? She's right there and she wont talk to me but she's available to tell you she'll call me back?

(and then DOESN'T call back) Argh.

I know you think I have nothing better to do but wait with baited breath for your guest list! Don't think I"m going to rush and do it right this minute so they get in the mail today just because you waited too long and didn't answer my 10 follow up calls to check on that list and then get mad at ME because your guests didn't get them in time!

Becca_in_MD said:
No, it wasn't worth it for me that you only had 5 people here and the sales are at $200.

Yes, the "helpful" child was a pain in my butt with her being the one taking center stage through the whole show and not letting the products be the center of attention.

No, it wasn't OK that half of your guests didn't buy anything.

I'm sure I'll have more...

And this is all to the same host about the same show I'm sure! After all, when the sales are only $200 and only 5 people come it's safe to assume one will be an annoying, I mean adorable child, and IT won't buy and neither will IT's mother, she'll be in the back, with her kid up front grabbing everything with a blade, chatting it up with the host. Well, at least SHE had fun.

OH My goodness all of these made me smile!!! So here is mine.......

NO you can't tell me you want to order something and then cancle it at the last minute just becasue your my friend. This is a business you can't go to the hair salon downtown and get your nails done and call her and tell her to cancle your check because you can't afford it. Your order is being placed and if your check doesn't clear my account I will charge you for your order PLUS NSF fees!!!

OH and YES I really do need a guest list from you weather your emailing them or not!!!

OKAY I feel MUCH BETTER NOW :p

Can you just give me a bloody date that your free instead of saying "call me in the month of.." I am not a last minute person. Book now or dont book at all!

Oh you'd like to know more about the buisness but you leave the information packets at the party.. Please stop wasting my money they arent CHEAP!

Just tell me NO - I'm a big girl, I can take it!Don't waste my Sunday afternoon with a 2 hour round trip because you were too "afraid" to invite people!

After putting together the host package, take time to host coach, mail the invitations, ect.
I get to the party of 4. Make 2 recipes and only 3 buying guests!!!!
Not only am I thinking, "thanks for wasting my time and WOW thanks for letting me cook for you and your friends. Really, I had nothing better to do!"

Did you REALLY invite more than 5 people to your show? (as you sit there with the host and her mom only)

Message left on voicemail because she never answers her phone:"Ummmm...if you're not gonna answer your phone, call me back, host a show, I need my packet and catalogs back. This stuff is NOT free!!!!""Really, you've been THAT busy, huh? So busy that you can talk to your friend on the phone (a mutual friend) and tell HER to tell me that you're busy. You guys must speak in a language that splits convo time in half?"

What do you mean you do not have time to do parties and you're just that busy? You bought the kit with your unemployment check! Is Oprah that good?

pampered1224 said:
What do you mean you do not have time to do parties and you're just that busy? You bought the kit with your unemployment check! Is Oprah that good?

hahahahahahah....oh...this is GREAT!

She has done it three times!!!! I just do not get it. What is worse, HO keeps letting her! I am almost 99% sure she sells the stuff!

Really, how long could it possibly take to get me a guest list??? Really?

From today's show...

Even though I have a dog myself, I don't want your energetic big puppy jumping on me, sniffing every thing I bring into the house, and putting his nose on all of my kitchen tools. Thanks, now I have to wash things that I didn't even use in the recipe. Oh, and an even bigger thanks to your husband for bringing the dog back from the walk and in to meet everyone right in the middle of my cookware talk. Now I know why my demo ran long. And could you put him somewhere so I can at least pack up my stuff without having to keep pulling him off of my stuff.

Seriously? You really weren't paying attention when we did this same recipe at the last show and I cooked it in the microwave? This I find out when she asks me what temperature I need the oven at. Plus, the recipe list I send clearly states that the microwave needs to be big enough for the DCB to fit in the microwave.

OK, it's an $800 show so it's not that bad of a day....

^^^ LOL. Yeah, an $800 ain't too bad. LOL.

pampered1224 said:

That's a great one!!!! HAHAHAHA

No, please don't tell your guests that "it's ok if they don't buy anything, just as long as there are bodies in the seats". This actually happened to me last year. :mad:

Gee I am not sure why no one came to your show??? You said you called everyone and they told you they were coming I am not sure how ALL of your guests totally forgot about your show and no I will not take a check for the groceries I will need cash. Oh sorry I can't hold your show open another 2 weeks since that will be more of my time you have wasted

WOw...looks like we should have had this therapy session thread sooner! Too funny. :)

(After hearing that she got over $200 free at her last party and she guesses she should have done a better job inviting and getting orders ahead of time with 3 people sitting attendance and no OOF) I'll take that drink after all!

Sandi

Pat reminded me of this one from last summer at 1 p.m. and an hour from home:No really? You invited everyone tonight for a birthday party and told them at the last minute to come early for a Pampered Chef Party? And did you really think they wanted to be in this god forsaken dump for more than 20 minutes? You could have at least picked up that moldy whatever off the counter! And then you wonder why no one showed up for the Pampered Chef Party? And if I had wanted to cater your dang party I would have baked a cake! Of course I would have immediately applied it to your face!

Please shut up about your mini spatula that the handle fell off that you bought 8 years ago, it happens it was probably about $4 then, I'll give you $5 to shut up!!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies