• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your 'Gift' for Bringing a Guest or Outside Order?

I like to give my guests a choice of a twixit, paring knife, or citrus peeler. I also like to include a note card with the gift.
jennytodd
I put stickers on my invitations that say"Bring a guest or outside order and get a gift"...what is your gift??? I was giving a twixit clip but some guests seem unappreciative....should I do something more valuable like a citrus peeler??

I take $1 off both of their shipping costs.

I give out citrus peelers for door prize drawings and people always seem disappointed. I don't get how people aren't thankful when they just get handed something!

I do not do one.

I have a basket with me. In it I have a few Season's Best's, twix-it clips, brown stone scrapers, quick cut paring knives, citrus peelers etc.

I ask if anyone brought a guest. If they did, then I let that person and their guest pick something out of the basket.

Seems to work. That way the person who they brought feels good also.

They feel included.

Tracy
:) :) :)

I've always given their choice of a twixit. I've never had anyone complain (in front of me;) ). Sometimes at the beginning of a new season I'll give a SBCB from the previous season if I have some left over.

When giving out twixit clips I always talk about how I buy them for shows and end up using them in my kitchen and have to buy more. I hold up the different sizes and tell what they are best used for. It takes just seconds but I guess because I talk about how I love them, no one wants to complain about getting one :)

I give out Season's Bests

Season's Best. I usually order 1 package of them with every supply order. So, they are cheap for me, and guests seem to love them!

I have on my invites, bring three ADULT guests the host did NOT invite and receive a small bar pan FREE. I use the host's discount on the bar pan when I order it. People really try hard to bring three friends when I tell the host to remind their guests of the bonus I am offering them as a guest. This happens sometimes, but a lot of times the guest can only get two to come!!! But, hey, that's two more than we planned.

I agree, it seemed like people were unappreciative of a free gift when I did a Twixit, Paring Knife or Citrus Peelr. I have to admit that I stopped giving away PC products exclusively. I pick up gifts from the dollar type stores or the Target/Michaels/JoAnn Fabrics cheapie sections. I have a variety in a Woven Selections basket and I let the guests choose. Some of the items include candles, note pads, candy bars, memo pads and body lotions. I also have PC items such as the ones I mentioned above and old Season's Bests. Guests go CRAZY over the basket (and inside I'm laughing because nothing was over $1.00!). I love offering the variety, and it doesn't take away from sales (I can't tell you how many times I gave someone a Quik-Cut Paring Knife and she turned around and crossed it off her order).

Tracy and I have the same basket then! ha ha :) I have a prize basket that I bring to each show. If someone brings a guest that I've never met or a person who has never been to a show then they get to pick out of the basket. People love the basket and not limited to one thing.

I let the guest (& friend) choose either a Twixit, pan scraper or citrus peeler. I give the SB as the door prize gift.

dianevill said:
I agree, it seemed like people were unappreciative of a free gift when I did a Twixit, Paring Knife or Citrus Peelr. I have to admit that I stopped giving away PC products exclusively. I pick up gifts from the dollar type stores or the Target/Michaels/JoAnn Fabrics cheapie sections. I have a variety in a Woven Selections basket and I let the guests choose. Some of the items include candles, note pads, candy bars, memo pads and body lotions. I also have PC items such as the ones I mentioned above and old Season's Bests. Guests go CRAZY over the basket (and inside I'm laughing because nothing was over $1.00!). I love offering the variety, and it doesn't take away from sales (I can't tell you how many times I gave someone a Quik-Cut Paring Knife and she turned around and crossed it off her order).

I like the variety you have. I might try that!

I like the idea of the basket... I am toying with the idea of wrapping the gifts, too. But it sounds like people have more fun choosing their gift... What do you all think?

I don't give gifts for bringing people, but I'm thinking about starting. I DO offer a free SB for retail orders of $50 or more, and I pay their shipping if their retail total is $100 or more. :)

I don't give anything. I like Diane''s idea but I dont like the idea of carrying more items!

I use the nice postcards from Merrill (one of the rare times I buy from them) and I write a nice thank you note on there and clip it to their receipt so when the hosts gives them their products they get a personal note from me.

ooh, I'm liking the basket idea. I have all my items in cellophane bags (that I got at the dollar store) and tied with a pretty ribbon. But I usually just hold them up and say the first door prize gets this and the second gets this. I also like the bring 3 people and the free shipping. I need to start implementing some of these ideas! But I also need to book shows! Everything I have this month is catalog!

I give the person who brings a guest and the guest each a SBRC from a previous season.

I use the basket with SB, citrus peelers, twixits etc. No one complains whe they pick the prize!

I have a basket with citrus peelers, pan scrapers, twixits, and paring knives. They pick out of that. For my drawing later, I do one draw for every five people and they get to choose from my basket. Then I draw one "grand prize winner" and they get the Season's Best.

My host invitations note "Bring 2 guests/order get 10% discount" I will then enter this as a consultant gift on the payment screen. This is a small amount topay for two additional contacts and customers. It is also a good tax deduction. I take the discount off of the guest that brought the guests. Hope this makes sense.

I give Season's Best from past seasons....they can buy the current one :D

i usually make up a basket of citrus peelers, twixits and other items such as notepads, votive candles, pocket calendars... that I get from the Christmas Tree Shop usually 2/$1.00

Seasons Best or citrus peeler

I also have a basket, for outside orders, friend (brought and bringer) and "PC Virgins" - I have large & medium twixits, a couple quikcuts, citrus peelers, pan scrapers with a recipe card, and mini-twixits clipping closed a "try it!" packet of about a tablespoon of seasoning.

I have two other prizes - one for a game like queen of shoppers and one for door prize drawing - that are certificates for a SBCB OR free shipping for order $60+ OR free ingredients for a party booked that day.

People like to pick, and you get some ribbing over "don't take my knife!" (I only put in one... two for a larger party), or people suggesting what someone should get (those items end up getting added on to orders later, too!). People like the little extras - a recipe with the pan scraper or the seasonings with the mini-twixit (or the twixit with the seasoning!)...

in May I'm offering a Free HWC pink ribbon pin when they bring a guest. Plus I'm sending one to my hosts in their packet with a note to thanks for hosting May - HWC month ... say wear it with pride because you are making a difference" - figure people will notice it too and ask...may drive up sales.

I tried a basket of stuff last spring, and found that it was too much work to make sure it was filled with an assortment of things. And it added to what I had to carry in. I keep reading the comments about how the guests love choice, and I have started second guessing my program. I don't give a current SBRC because I give one to the host. And if people have the current one, they won't think that getting another at their show is a good deal. So then they don't book. And I tell people that they're getting a collectible SBRC when I hand them one for bringing a friend. Besides, they're small and easy to stash in my paperwork basket. (And whenever I put together a consultant as host show, I use the FPV to get SBRCs, so I have a pile of them.) I use Free Shipping as my door prize.

I give a SB - but I tell them to write SB on their order....yes, it does cost me a bit more, but they like the idea of getting something on their order for free. I also do "spend $50 get 1/2 price shipping, spend $75 get free shipping". Again, I enter it in as a consultant expense, so it's a write off AND it's tracked for me!!

c00p said:
I give a SB - but I tell them to write SB on their order.
I used to do this as well. It helps the host out, too, since the $1 counts toward her show!

chefann said:
I used to do this as well. It helps the host out, too, since the $1 counts toward her show!
Yep, and you make a few pennies on it as well!!! :p

Ann, I love the idea of using free shipping as the door prize! I know I'd LOVE to get that kind of prize! Thanks for the idea. Question: would it be unethical to put that $4 for free shipping down as a consultant gift?

TheChaoticCook said:
Ann, I love the idea of using free shipping as the door prize! I know I'd LOVE to get that kind of prize! Thanks for the idea. Question: would it be unethical to put that $4 for free shipping down as a consultant gift?

I would definitely write it off for your taxes!!!

That's exactly what I do. It goes in as consultant gift, which automatically goes on the expense report when I finalize the show.

I give free shipping as my door prize also. For bringing a guest or outside order, or if this is your first PC show, I use my small SS bowl as a gift basket. I've never had anyone complain or seem unappreciative of the choices. I use past SB, qk knives, citrus peelers, recipe card collections (I tie 3-4 together), twixits.....and I let them choose from the bowl.

I've also started doing the little game that Jillian plays on the Interactive Show DVD - where I start a small item going around the room, and every time I say a certain word (I use the word incredible) the person holding the item has to pass it to the next person. Whoever has it at the end of the show gets to keep it. It really helps to keep people engaged in the show! I was using a small bamboo spoon set, but now I am trading off between that and sets of twixits that I purchased from the outlet. I have fun with this at shows.

At our Regional Meeting, a few people at my table do an On-Time drawing, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with that. It's just not me to do something to pressure people, although it works for others very well.

Several years ago I was in the habit of doing an on time drawing (The Booster has some cute stickers). There was one group I got into that thought it meant that everyone who was there on time got a prize. And even though they were there on time, they were never ready to start. So it obviously didn't work very well. :rolleyes: I've been considering adding it back to my show routine, though.

I do the basket with SB, Twix It, Paring Knives, Citrus Peelers. I haven't had a complaint yet. :chef:

heather223 said:
I do the basket with SB, Twix It, Paring Knives, Citrus Peelers. I haven't had a complaint yet. :chef:
Ditto - I really like having PC products because they can't get them elsewhere and that's what the show's all about.

I really wish they'd bring back the sample size spices. Those were always a hit as a door prize.

dianevill said:
I really wish they'd bring back the sample size spices. Those were always a hit as a door prize.

I give the quikcut paring knife and have NO complaints.

One thing I did a year or so ago (but have gotten out of the habit of doing) is purchasing little clear bags that are about 1" x 2" that have a zip lock seal (think I found them in Michael's in the candy supply section). I printed off labels with the spice name put about 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of spice in it for samples. If you buy the spice off the supply order that would help keep the cost down. I also thought of making a card stock package with a recipe for the spice that would resemble our spice samples. Time got away from me, but it is something I would like to do for a little change with repeat customers.

As far as dragging more things to a party, one of the things I use is the "rolling crate" thing that you can purchase at Staples. It has a pocket in the back where I throw in a few SBR and other door prizes. It velcros shut and adds virtually no weight and no bulk.

I use a basket with PC scrapers, citrus peelers, twixt clips, SB, etc. I take each "tem and wrap it loosely in a sheet of brightly colored tissue, then I put it in a clear cellophane "goody bag" and close it with the twist ties that come with the bags. It is so colorful (my 2yo calls it the "happy birthday basket" and no one can see what's inside which makes it more fun. It is a small monetary investment and really gets the guests excited when they see it. If they brought and adult friend, both the guest and friend get to pick one. My very first show, I gave away the QC paring knives and felt kind of awkward just handing them a knife, so I have done this with all my subsequent shows. I think I am going to get some other dollar store items to put in there, too; that is a good idea - it doesn't always have to be from PC and most everyone loves anything that is free. I did have some people want an "exchange" for their gift because she already had one, or whatever. I happily:grumpy: took it back & let them pick again. A couple of times I forgot the basket, so I just had them add a SB to their order at my expense.

As a guest to many Pampered Chef shows in the past, and as a new consultant I have seen that people seem to have become somewhat "jaded" to the whole citrus peeler, brown scraper gifts given. I myself have collected about a dozen citrus peelers from shows I attended as a guest! LOL :) I have been partial to using the supply to get door prize items, gotta say the small bamboo spoons are my favorite to give out (3 sets for $5.50---so very cost effective!). I have "signature colors" which I have received positive feedback on and use pretty ribbon in those colors to tie a cute bow on the handle of the spoon to give out--I also get the bamboo spoon set and break down into a couple prizes as well--with the bow tied on it as well. I vary the ribbon so they don't all look the same and for one "Death by Chocolate" theme show I dipped small bamboo spoon in the chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate and wrapped top of spoon with cellaphone bag tied with bow. I have sold several DOZEN mini and bamboo spoons this way.....they are so cute and when presented with the many ways they can use them (and the bigger size too), it has worked like a charm. Also, since I only give one spoon many have wanted to get the full set to "complete" their set so I don't "lose" sales--I give out Season's Best to customers who spend $50 or more...they seem to really love it!

Last edited:
Madreina said:
As a guest to many Pampered Chef shows in the past, and as a new consultant I have seen that people seem to have become somewhat "jaded" to the whole citrus peeler, brown scraper gifts given. I myself have collected about a dozen citrus peelers from shows I attended as a guest! LOL :) I have been partial to using the supply to get door prize items, gotta say the small bamboo spoons are my favorite to give out (3 sets for $5.50---so very cost effective!). I have "signature colors" which I have received positive feedback on and use pretty ribbon in those colors to tie a cute bow on the handle of the spoon to give out--I also get the bamboo spoon set and break down into a couple prizes as well--with the bow tied on it as well. I vary the ribbon so they don't all look the same and for one "Death by Chocolate" theme show I dipped small bamboo spoon in the chocolate, drizzled with white chocolate and wrapped top of spoon with cellaphone bag tied with bow. I have sold several DOZEN mini and bamboo spoons this way.....they are so cute and when presented with the many ways they can use them (and the bigger size too), it has worked like a charm. Also, since I only give one spoon many have wanted to get the full set to "complete" their set so I don't "lose" sales--I give out Season's Best to customers who spend $50 or more...they seem to really love it!

I should have read the rest of this thread...I'm going to "borrow" this idea it is very memorable! I want to make my shows fun and easy to remember, there's a few other consultants in this area and I want my name and Pampered Chef to come up simultaneous in peoples minds. Thank you for sharing this!

I have a basket also, the idea of which I got from the consultant who recruited me, and it has the bamboo spoons, quickuts, several different SB's and Una Muestras, citrus peelers, and a few twixits. I love the variety, and watching people dig thru deciding what they want. However, I have started to question it some since several times I have told the winner to choose an item from the basket, and they act surprised, and say they thought it was the whole basket! My basket is very full, and it makes me feel bad that people don't appreciate the gift, and my effort to make it look nice and everything! :mad:

I love the chocolate dipped spoons idea!

so... they eat the chocolate off the bamboo?

Paring knife. Something SA for the guest to buy, not just for the host. Mini spatula with pink handle. One of the "green" knives in pink.

I would like things that are USEFUL to my guest.

We don't offer a gift, but having said that I don't think anyone's brought a guest to any of our 15 shows so far! It's an idea that we might do when we've accumulated a few more token items!Having said that, we've got a box of either duplicate or items we don't want costing £10-25 ($20-40) that hosts can choose an item from if they get £50 ($100) of outside orders.

I also use the small bamboo serving spoons that come 2 to a pack, I open it and divide it up. Occasionally I'll pass the basket and let each person pick -- depends on the crowd. I also open up the twixits. Buying items from the outlet is nice as well for host gifts.

Dear IAMCHEF J: Hope this helps....They can use the chocolate-dipped spoons to stir hot chocolate or in milk or even coffee (my girfriend loves the whole chocolate/coffee combo...LOL)--and one customer told me she used it to eat vanilla ice cream and loved it! She bought 3 sets of mini-bamboo spoons to do this for her family as a treat---OH! As a great "intro" that I am a Pampered Chef consultant, I give my kid's teachers a mug with a packet of hot chocolate with a mini-chocolate-dipped bamboo spoon in it and wrapped in cellaphone with a cute bow at the top--as a "Thanks" for being my child's teacher during the holidays....I also give these at schools for donations from local businesses etc. with my business cards attached....I proudly have 4 very loyal teachers as customers and they pass the catalog around to other teachers who order pretty regularly as well! It is a great and practical gift! And the beauty of it is they have the mini-spoon to use for salsas, dressings, jelly, whatever they want, they don't have to "re-dip" in chocolate to appreciate and enjoy! :)

Last edited:
<h2>1. What is the gift for bringing a guest or outside order?</h2><p>The gift for bringing a guest or outside order is typically a small kitchen tool or gadget from Pampered Chef. This is our way of thanking you for helping us reach new customers and sharing our products with others.</p><h2>2. What type of gift can I expect to receive?</h2><p>The gift may vary depending on the current promotions and availability, but it will typically be a useful and practical kitchen tool. Some examples include a twixit clip, citrus peeler, or mini spatula.</p><h2>3. Can I choose my gift?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a specific gift for bringing a guest or outside order. Our gifts are chosen based on availability and current promotions. However, we strive to provide useful and high-quality gifts for our valued customers.</p><h2>4. How do I receive my gift?</h2><p>If you bring a guest or outside order to a Pampered Chef event, your consultant will have the gifts available for you to choose from at the event. If you place an outside order, your consultant will arrange for the gift to be delivered to you along with your order.</p><h2>5. I received a gift for bringing a guest or outside order but I'm not sure what it is. Can you tell me?</h2><p>If you are unsure about the gift you received, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information. They will be happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have about your gift.</p>

1. What is the gift for bringing a guest or outside order?

The gift for bringing a guest or outside order is typically a small kitchen tool or gadget from Pampered Chef. This is our way of thanking you for helping us reach new customers and sharing our products with others.

2. What type of gift can I expect to receive?

The gift may vary depending on the current promotions and availability, but it will typically be a useful and practical kitchen tool. Some examples include a twixit clip, citrus peeler, or mini spatula.

3. Can I choose my gift?

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a specific gift for bringing a guest or outside order. Our gifts are chosen based on availability and current promotions. However, we strive to provide useful and high-quality gifts for our valued customers.

4. How do I receive my gift?

If you bring a guest or outside order to a Pampered Chef event, your consultant will have the gifts available for you to choose from at the event. If you place an outside order, your consultant will arrange for the gift to be delivered to you along with your order.

5. I received a gift for bringing a guest or outside order but I'm not sure what it is. Can you tell me?

If you are unsure about the gift you received, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information. They will be happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have about your gift.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JAE
  • ChefCKHall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • ChefMary412