• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is the Treatment Plan for Colon/Rectal Cancer?

In summary, the speaker had a partial colectomy and a transanal endoscopic microsurgery for colon/rectal cancer. The estimated recovery time is 4-6 weeks, but it may vary. The next step in their treatment plan is chemotherapy and radiation therapy. They are managing their symptoms and side effects with the help of their medical team. Support can be offered through thoughts, prayers, and kind gestures such as sending cards or messages, helping with household tasks, or providing nutritious meals.
aried
Gold Member
Hello, I asked for prayers several weeks ago. I had surgery on the 5th for colon/rectal cancer. Surgery went well. One lymph node was found with cancer cells. I will need radiation and then chemo therapy. I will find out tomorrow when I will be starting the radiation therapy but it will probably be this week.

Please pray that the treatments go well and that the side effects are minimal and I can still have some sort of business to keep me active.

With the treatments I have a 95% survival rate and it probably won't come back.

Thanks, Ann R.

Sending prayers your way.

Thinking of you...

Prayers being said for you and your family! What an ordeal to have to go through...we will pray for strength and healing. Keep us posted on how you are doing!!!

Ann, my prayers and thoughts are with you. May God Bless You.

My grandfather had rectal cancer years ago, they can do so much for people now. He's doing great, he now has a colostomy, but it hasn't changed his life at all... I know you'll pull through all this just fine, you just need to keep positive and things will be much easier.

Ann prayers are coming your way for you and your family!

All cheffers are here for you. Prayers are coming your way!! Glad you are on the mend.

You know I'm praying for my PC buddy, Ann! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} Love ya Ann!

I'll be praying.

1. What type of surgery did you have for colon/rectal cancer?

I had a partial colectomy, which is the removal of a portion of the colon, and a transanal endoscopic microsurgery (TEM), which is the removal of a portion of the rectum.

2. How long will your recovery be?

The estimated recovery time for this type of surgery is 4-6 weeks. However, it may vary depending on individual factors such as age, overall health, and the extent of the surgery.

3. What is the next step in your treatment plan?

I will be undergoing chemotherapy and radiation therapy for the next few months to target any remaining cancer cells and reduce the risk of recurrence.

4. How are you managing your symptoms and side effects?

I am working closely with my medical team to manage any discomfort or side effects from the surgery and upcoming treatment. This includes pain medications, dietary changes, and physical therapy.

5. What can we do to support you during this time?

Thank you for your concern and support. The best way to help me is to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Additionally, any kind gestures such as sending cards or messages of encouragement, offering to help with household tasks, or providing nutritious meals would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies