• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Cancer Patient: Chemo Update | Strength in Faith

In summary, the conversation is about a woman who has been diagnosed with cancer of the bone and has just started her chemo treatment. She is described as a strong Christian woman and the speaker asks for prayers for her and her family. The last update on her Care Page mentions her progress with chemo and upcoming radiation treatments. The speaker also mentions family visiting for Christmas and thanks everyone for their prayers.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
She has been diagnosed with cancer. It is a cancer of the bone (I think, not quite leukemia). She has just started her chemo. She is one of the strongest Christian women I know. Would you please keep her and her family in your prayers.

Here is the last update from her Care Page:

December 17, 2007 at 10:54 AM MST
Week two of chemo down... 16 weeks to go!

Each time I go in for treatments they test my blood and this past Tuesday it showed that the white blood cell count had gone down. That meant my system was prone to catching a virus and germs so I was put on "restriction". I had to avoid crowds of people and I was bummed because the first tournament for Kyler's travel roller hockey season was this weekend in Tucson. When I went back in Friday for another round of chemo the blood test indicated the white count had doubled and I was cleared to go to the tournament... yeah!

I still haven't had any major bouts of illness. The main issue is the bone pain. Over the weekend I was really suffering. We know it is the chemo drugs working on the tumors but it hurts like a son of gun! There are literally tumors from head to toe and at times I swear I can feel every one of them like a knife.

Today I am in less pain and this is my off week for chemo treatments. On Wednesday I will begin the radiation treatments on the left shoulder/arm and both sets of ribs. They are going to try and zap the tumors in those areas so the fractures can heal. It will be 20 days of treatments and the side affects are minimal... just skin irritation and a mild sunburn.

This weekend my sister's family and my parents will be flying in from Kansas for Christmas. We will also be celebrating Kyler's 9th birthday on the 22nd. It will be nice to have them all here.

We pray that each and everyone of you have a blessed Christmas. Remember the Reason for the Season. Make some memories... those last a lifetime!

Love,
Marti (Adam & Kyler)

p.s. I still haven't lost any of my hair :)

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and support. Please continue to keep Marti and her family in your prayers as they continue on this journey.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis. Cancer is a tough battle but it sounds like she has a strong support system and a positive attitude. I will definitely keep her and her family in my prayers. It's great to hear that her white blood cell count went up and she was able to attend her son's tournament. I hope the radiation treatments help with the bone pain and that she continues to have minimal side effects. I will also pray for her family as they celebrate Christmas and her son's birthday. Thank you for sharing her update and I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

What is "Prayers for Cancer Patient: Chemo Update | Strength in Faith"?

"Prayers for Cancer Patient: Chemo Update | Strength in Faith" is a collection of prayers and messages specifically tailored for cancer patients going through chemotherapy. It offers words of comfort, strength, and hope to those affected by cancer.

Who can benefit from "Prayers for Cancer Patient: Chemo Update | Strength in Faith"?

Anyone going through chemotherapy for cancer, whether as a patient, caregiver, or loved one, can benefit from the prayers and messages in this collection. It is meant to provide emotional and spiritual support during a difficult time.

Are the prayers and messages in "Prayers for Cancer Patient: Chemo Update | Strength in Faith" specific to a certain religion?

While some of the prayers and messages may have references to specific religious beliefs, the overall theme of the collection is universal and can be applied to anyone regardless of their faith or beliefs.

How can I use "Prayers for Cancer Patient: Chemo Update | Strength in Faith"?

You can use this collection as a source of inspiration and encouragement for yourself or for someone you know who is going through chemotherapy for cancer. You can read the prayers and messages out loud, use them in your own personal prayers, or share them with others.

Is "Prayers for Cancer Patient: Chemo Update | Strength in Faith" available in different formats?

Yes, this collection is available in both physical and digital formats. You can purchase a printed copy or an e-book version for easy access on your electronic devices. It is also available in audio format for those who prefer to listen to the prayers and messages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
peichef
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
aried
  • jasonmva