• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What is a Hawaiian Haystack and How Do You Make It?

In summary, the author is going to have a doctors appointment this morning, and is freaking out. She is looking forward to a beautiful sunny day, and is craving a Satay Chicken Pasta Salad, but is out of Asian Seasoning. She plans to have dinner with her family later today, and is unsure of what they will be having. She is also branching out, and is making an arm roast for her husband. She is also making stroganoff out of her steak strips.
rennea
Gold Member
Good morning!

I haven't decided what's for dinner yet. I think we will have pasta though.

I have a doctors appointment this morning and am freaking out so my brain isn't working.

Beautiful sunny day today - in the 70's. Perfect day for grilled turkey burgers and potato salad!

I've been craving the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad, but I'm out of Asian Seasoning! How could I? Now I don't know what we'll be having. We haven't eaten together as a family since Monday and won't until Saturday. I hate that! You can tell my kids are in middle school and sports, now.

Probably going out as a family for our anniversary...don't know if it'll be McDonalds or something better. :)

janetupnorth said:
Probably going out as a family for our anniversary...don't know if it'll be McDonalds or something better. :)
Please, for everyone in your family's sake, upgrade a little on the dinner out. :) You do deserve a break today, but give yourself a better break. Happy Aniversary.

I'm branching out. I have an arm roast in the crockpot and will make my DH of 22 1/2 years Beef and Noodles, which I have never made. I personally don't like BN, but I thought I might be nice.:rolleyes:

I shouldn't have to repeat it for another 22 1/2 years. After 22 years I made him roast duck, so I don't have to make that for another 21 1/2 years. That means on my 45th anniversary I'll be making BN:yuck:.

I think I'll make a microwave chocolate cake in my fluted pan for dessert. I love cake, and it shows.

I'm not sure on any other sides. Any suggestions???

OT: Rennea good luck with your doctor's appointment. I'll be praying for a happy healthy baby.

My family had chili last night, and I went bowling with my mom. We are on a women's league. So tonight I am cooking, just don't know what. It is cool and rainy and wet. I might make chicken noodle soup, homemade. Hey and if I run home at noon, I can put some bread in the bread machine and it will be ready tonight. So, I am going home a lunch and putting on bread, and we are having home chicken noodle soup.

JAE said:
Please, for everyone in your family's sake, upgrade a little on the dinner out. :) You do deserve a break today, but give yourself a better break. Happy Aniversary.

I hope to, but for us it's about family time. If the kids both beg for that and it makes them happy, we're happy as a family. Besides, they have salads. ;)

DH and I will have a better meal together later sometime. :D

tlag1986 said:
I'm branching out. I have an arm roast in the crockpot and will make my DH of 22 1/2 years Beef and Noodles, which I have never made. I personally don't like BN, but I thought I might be nice.:rolleyes:

I shouldn't have to repeat it for another 22 1/2 years. After 22 years I made him roast duck, so I don't have to make that for another 21 1/2 years. That means on my 45th anniversary I'll be making BN:yuck:.

I think I'll make a microwave chocolate cake in my fluted pan for dessert. I love cake, and it shows.

I'm not sure on any other sides. Any suggestions???

You should have checked out my round steak sauerbraten recipe...DH LOVES that!

Sides, I usually serve corn with it...

Watching 4 granddaughters tonight so not sure what we will have.

I made steak strips in the crock pot yesterday, thinking that dinner would be all ready when I got home, I had an eight hour fair shift yesterday. But my DH had other plans and came with the kids to the fair, so I ate at the fair and walked around there. It was a lot of fun. So.... for tonight, I'm going to take those steak strips and make some stroganoff out of it. I think it will be really good, and so low maintenance!

rennea said:
Good morning!

I haven't decided what's for dinner yet. I think we will have pasta though.

I have a doctors appointment this morning and am freaking out so my brain isn't working.

Good luck Rennea! Update us right away, please!

Good luck with your appointment.
I think I'll make something with chicken tonight. Not sure what. But Chicken for sure.

Probably hawaiin haystacks my DS has been begging for those lately

The fried chicken I did not cook last night due to a headache!!

Who knows. I still feel like crud & don't really want to cook. But, I promised DH that we wouldn't eat out until my bday supper on Sunday.

I got stuff for Asian Noodle Skillet & Jerk Chicken Nachos today. maybe one of those.

ChefBeckyD said:
Beautiful sunny day today - in the 70's. Perfect day for grilled turkey burgers and potato salad!

Ended up being gone most of the day - so changing to Grilled Turkey Brats, and Sweet Potatoes.

Jennie4PC said:

What are these?

Jennie4PC said:

I'm trying to picture this....DS...young boy. ok pineapple, toasted coconut, hmmmmm, what would go with these?????;)

Ginger428 said:
I'm trying to picture this....DS...young boy. ok pineapple, toasted coconut, hmmmmm, what would go with these?????;)
See - that's me too, Ginger! I am so curious!

ChefBeckyD said:
See - that's me too, Ginger! I am so curious!

heeheehee....;)

I just WON A FREE MEAL at Taco Del Mar!!! :sing: I never win anything! So that's what were having tonight...

My children want breakfast burritos. So thats what were going to have.
They are so easy.

Well since I was a lab rat this morning DH is ordering Chinese food tonight.

Chicken & Broccoli w/ steamed rice for me:)

Small hijack: I update my news thread!

rennea said:
Well since I was a lab rat this morning DH is ordering Chinese food tonight.

Chicken & Broccoli w/ steamed rice for me:)

Small hijack: I update my news thread!

SO...hows the little lab rat doing???:rolleyes:

I cant believe you have never heard of a hawaiin haystack. It is chicken in cream of chicken soup 1-2 cans depending on how you want the gravy. I do add a little water to thin it out some. Add chicken gravy to cooked rice. Then add any toppings you want. We usually do pinapple, tomatoes, cheese and olives. You can also do green onions, chow mein noodles and peas.
I love them and so does my DS who is 6

I ended up making tacos and feeding the family at three different times.

Jennie4PC said:
I cant believe you have never heard of a hawaiin haystack. It is chicken in cream of chicken soup 1-2 cans depending on how you want the gravy. I do add a little water to thin it out some. Add chicken gravy to cooked rice. Then add any toppings you want. We usually do pinapple, tomatoes, cheese and olives. You can also do green onions, chow mein noodles and peas.
I love them and so does my DS who is 6

I would have NEVER guessed!! But it sounds interesting...;)

Related to What is a Hawaiian Haystack and How Do You Make It?

1. What is the theme for "What's for Dinner?" on September 11?

The theme for "What's for Dinner?" on September 11 is "Comfort Food Classics". This month's menu features some of our favorite comfort foods, such as pot roast, mac and cheese, and chicken pot pie.

2. Can I purchase the ingredients for "What's for Dinner?" as a set?

Yes, you can purchase the ingredients for "What's for Dinner?" as a set. The set includes all the necessary ingredients for the featured recipes, making it easy and convenient to prepare your meals.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for "What's for Dinner?" on September 11?

Yes, there are vegetarian options available for "What's for Dinner?" on September 11. Our menu includes a vegetarian lasagna and a black bean and corn casserole, both of which are delicious and satisfying.

4. Can I make any substitutions for ingredients in the "What's for Dinner?" recipes?

Absolutely! We understand that everyone has different dietary preferences and restrictions, so feel free to make substitutions as needed. You can also reach out to our customer service team for suggestions on alternative ingredients.

5. How do I access the recipes for "What's for Dinner?" on September 11?

All "What's for Dinner?" recipes are available on our website. Simply log in to your account and navigate to the "What's for Dinner?" section to access the recipes for the month. You can also print or save the recipes for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedbybarbara