• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Put in Your Host Packets?

In summary, the conversation is about revamping host packets and sharing ideas for what to include in them. Some suggestions include a host letter, catalogs, order forms, host and guest specials, business opportunity flyer, and a sheet on how to add up orders. Some people use 2 pocket folders, while others use sheet protectors. The front of the folder or sheet protector typically has a PC label, contact information, and a sticker reminding the host to read through the packet. Inside the packet, there are usually materials such as a show planning guide, host and guest special sheet, and recipe options with photos to get the host excited. The conversation also includes the mention of a host poem and the use of generic host packets with the option to
katie0128
Silver Member
I am trying to completely redo the way I do PC. I don't think, no, I KNOW I didn't do such a great job with running my business last year, but hey, it was my first year and I learned what NOT to do.

I'm starting my revamping by redoing my host packets and want ideas/suggestions of what others do.

O.k. ladies (and the few rogue guys running around), post away!

A letter to the host
2 or 3 catalogs
Some order forms (about 5, more for a catty show)
host and guest specials
Business Op flyer
A sheet on how to add up the total

Can you attach your host letter and your flyer about adding orders?

I use a 2 pocket folder.

Left pocket:
5-6 order forms
3 copies of the guest special (colored paper)
3 catalogs
stamped envelope addressed to me with sticky note that says "Use this envelope to collect outside orders and payment"
2 sets address labels (from supply order) clipped to a stamped envelope addressed to me, a "40 guests in 4 minutes" sheet, and a small note to please send me their guest list

Right pocket
1 catalog
host and guest specials (back-to-back, colored paper)
show planner
Two Hostesses poem
recruiting brochure (supply order)
recruiting DVD
postcard with their host password for PWS

I make up generic host packs (no specials), at the beginning of the season. Before I go to a show, I either add the specials for the month I want to book to a couple of host packs, or I make "mini packs" with the specials clipped together, and hand one to the new host with the folder. If I forget the specials, I mail them to the host.

I used to put in a ton of stuff, but I have made my host packets so much simpler - and the hosts actually read the info some of the time now.......I go over it with them on a coaching call - and some of them have already read thru everything by the time of the call!I use a 2 pocket folder (buy them really cheap at the beginning of the school year - enough to last for the year!)
On the Front:
PC Label
My Info Label
A Sticker (Nancy's) "Please Read, & I'll Give You A Call"Inside LEFT:
Business Card in BC Slots
Blank Guest List Sheet
50 Guests In 5 Minutes
Host Letter
Planner
6-8 Postcard InvitesInside RIGHT:
6 Outside Order Forms (w/ guest special on them)
2-3 Catalogs
Host Special Sheet (in B&W)
Opp. Brochure

Attachments

• 50 GUESTS IN 5 MINUTES.doc
    60.5 KB · Views: 530
  • Guest List.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 445
  • Host Letter revised.doc
    28 KB · Views: 611
  • Show Planner Form.doc
    28 KB · Views: 590
What I put in is very similar to Becky. I also use the folders you can get really cheap at the beginning of the school year. I use the ones with prongs inside. I buy yellow so it's easy to spot. On the front of the folder, I put a PC label, Thank you sticker, my info sticker & Nancy's Read through & I'll call sticker.

The inside left pocket has 1 catalog, show planner, guest list sheet & SASE.

The inserts in the middle have a sheet on how to host a show, the back of that has the back of the show benefits flyer, then the host & guest specials.

The back pocket has 3 catalogs, 5 oof, opp brochure & dvd, and a wedding registry brochure.

Ann - what is your host poem?

Katie,

It's the "A tale of 2 hostesses" poem. There are a BUNCH of them in the files on this site. It's pretty old - I got one in my host pack when I hosted before I became a consultant. :)

Host PacketsI just made up my Host packets and I am very happy with them - they are nice and clean with not alot of "clutter" which I like. I bought the very cheap 2 pocket folders at an office supply store (.10 cents each on sale) some actually have the cut out lines for a buss. card. I also bought very cheap sheet protectors from the dollar store.

On the outside I printed up an Avery mailing address that says PAMPERED CHEF HOST PACKET with my name, contact number and website and I added a photo of the chocolate mousse in crispy shells to the label - It makes it look really nice. Inside left pocket - I put mu buss. card on the front pocket (staple or buss. card slots).

left pocket has : Show planning guide, host & guest special sheet, and 40 guests in 4 min page.

filler - 5 sheet protectors:

first page - Host letter (found it here but added my own info and chocolate mousse photo - my favorite show- chocolate :)
middle two pages - My cooking show recipe options. I have the recipe : Strawberry Amaretto Pastries and a photo (if I have one) of it. I have 8 options for my host and 6 I have photo's of.
The color pictures look very nice and it gets my hosts excited about the recipe.
next 2 middle pages - A Tale of Two Hostesses and Steps TO A Successful Show
next page: Our Apron Comes in 5 sizes
next 2 pages - Fundraiser flyer (from Supply order) and the Wedding Registry color Flyer (Supply order)

Right pocket:

2 catalogs
5 outside order forms (zerox ones - not carbon ones)
20 postcard invitations.

SO far I am pretty happy with these and I didnt break the bank to make them- Good luck with yours!

I think I am going to try to do the folders. I have been putting them in a manilla envie. This might look more professional. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the tips, I have been needing to revise my host packets.... this just gave me some really great ideas on what I should do for it!!

I am starting to add magnetic business cards. Easy for them to find the info to contact me before the show.

raroll said:
I just made up my Host packets and I am very happy with them - they are nice and clean with not alot of "clutter" which I like. I bought the very cheap 2 pocket folders at an office supply store (.10 cents each on sale) some actually have the cut out lines for a buss. card. I also bought very cheap sheet protectors from the dollar store.

On the outside I printed up an Avery mailing address that says PAMPERED CHEF HOST PACKET with my name, contact number and website and I added a photo of the chocolate mousse in crispy shells to the label - It makes it look really nice. Inside left pocket - I put mu buss. card on the front pocket (staple or buss. card slots).

left pocket has : Show planning guide, host & guest special sheet, and 40 guests in 4 min page.

filler - 5 sheet protectors:

first page - Host letter (found it here but added my own info and chocolate mousse photo - my favorite show- chocolate :)
middle two pages - My cooking show recipe options. I have the recipe : Strawberry Amaretto Pastries and a photo (if I have one) of it. I have 8 options for my host and 6 I have photo's of.
The color pictures look very nice and it gets my hosts excited about the recipe.
next 2 middle pages - A Tale of Two Hostesses and Steps TO A Successful Show
next page: Our Apron Comes in 5 sizes
next 2 pages - Fundraiser flyer (from Supply order) and the Wedding Registry color Flyer (Supply order)

Right pocket:

2 catalogs
5 outside order forms (zerox ones - not carbon ones)
20 postcard invitations.

SO far I am pretty happy with these and I didnt break the bank to make them- Good luck with yours!

Our apron comes in 5 sizes... What is this?

genburk said:
I am starting to add magnetic business cards. Easy for them to find the info to contact me before the show.

Oooo... good idea. I think I might even have some business card size magnets in my craft closet downstairs... now to get all the PC boxes - oops, I'm sorry, they are now airplanes and trains and race cars and whatever else my DSs think of - out of the way to get to the closet...

katie0128 said:
Our apron comes in 5 sizes... What is this?
Here ya go...

Attachments

• 5-size apron.doc
    120 KB · Views: 483
I'm loving all the great ideas - I still find it amazing that we all "work for" the same company, sell the same products and have the same paperwork requirements, but have COMPLETELY different ways of doing things. I love PC!

I just put in:

catalogs
order forms (with guest special)
Letter
host special
opp flyer

Host packet flyerI have added this flyer to my host packet. It has helped a few of my host on what to say to their friends before and after the show. The e-mail from after your show was from one of my first host! I was so happy to receive that, it has been very helpful.I hope it is helpful to you too!:)

Attachments

• Examples of e-mails.doc
    30 KB · Views: 484
Ann,

Please tell me you recruited the host who sent that letter! How great was that? She's a natural!!

:( I wish she would be a recruit, but she is a Discovery Toys consultant.:(

Thanks for all the info!! After reading, I think I need to change my host packets up just a bit!

I noticed that the Apron flyer still has the old kit info so I updated it.

Attachments

• New Apronin5Sizes.doc
    112.5 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
My host packet consists of 3 catalogs, 6 order forms, host planner, specials flyer (host and guest), letter from me and Your Life Your Way flyer and invitations.

I used to put a ton more in it but found that they didn't read it. I give them the DYLAB flyer at the show (and other info that they are specifically interested in).

I am going to add the guest list form again. I have not had luck with that in the past but we'll see...

katie0128 said:
Can you attach your host letter and your flyer about adding orders?
Wow-I never checked back on this thread. Here is my Host Letter.

Host foldersI use a 3-prong/2 pocket folder with page protectors & pick up at show. I put 3 catalogs & 5 invites in front pocket. I have a cover letter explaining show details, then guest list & stamped envelope, host planner, host & guest specials, 5 outside order forms, shopping lists, opportunity information. The back pocket is for their outside orders they collect before show. It has been working well for me. I also use 3 emails during my host coaching. I have attached the cover letter & the emails.

Attachments

• host packet letter.doc
    27 KB · Views: 635
  • 1st host email.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 411
  • 2nd host email.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 325
  • Thank you for coming to show - email letter.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 523

1. What are host packets?

Host packets are small packets of information that are given to individuals who host Pampered Chef parties. They typically include information about the products, host rewards, and how to host a successful party.

2. What should I put in my host packets?

The contents of host packets may vary, but some common items to include are catalogs, order forms, host specials, invitations to the party, and a personal note from the consultant.

3. How many host packets should I prepare for my party?

This will depend on the size of your party and the number of guests you expect. It's always better to have a few extra packets on hand just in case.

4. Can I customize the contents of my host packets?

Yes, you can customize your host packets to fit the theme or style of your party. You can also add your own personal touch, such as a handwritten note or a small gift.

5. Are host packets necessary for a successful party?

While host packets are not necessary for a successful party, they can be a helpful tool in providing information and promoting the products to your guests. They can also serve as a reminder for guests to place orders after the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
andreapchef06
  • smiley757
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
stacywhitlow
Replies
Views
Melissa78