• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are You Getting During Kit Enhancement Month?

In summary, everyone is getting different things during kit enhancement month. Some people are getting cookware, others are getting cutlery, and others are getting things they would normally never get.
sillylittlechef
So, what is everyone getting during kit enhancement month? I am curious to see what everyone else is planning to get.

Since I will have a lot of money to write-off for conference, I think I might hold a show for myself, and have my mom as a guest and order stuff through that so that I can get the sales, benefits & commission off of it....Not sure yet!I definitely want a 2nd trifle bowl....

There is so much that I want to get!! Easy read measuring cups, mix n chop, can opener, deep covered baker.... I am in my 3rd ss so there is still so much I don't have yet!!

A rice cooker!
Eyeing up some forged cutlery...(that is a "wish")
Also eyeing up the stainless bowls...

Basically eyeing up the things I would normally never get for myself (cost-wise) but would be nice to have to sell...

I will get my $200 in PC dollars when I make director, but I am not sure how fast I will get the PC dollars. If I get them in April then my order is ready to go!!

Double burner executive griddle
large grooved cutting board
oven mitt
stackable cooling rack
apple wedger
12" glass lid

Is there a limit or any restrictions as to what you you can get during kit ehancement?

Yes, no more than 1 of any item and $500 max (before discount).

I think the rules are that you can only get one of each thing, and only up to $500 in product "retail". If you are a super starter there are more rules...

If you are a super starter, the additional rules apply to YOUR kit enhancement month, not the common one...

Thank you I am looking now to see what I can get. I really would like the cookware

And that rule is that you can't get something that is already in your kit correct? But that is only in your 4th month not the general kit enhancement that everyone gets?

Nothing. I don't think kit enhancement is worth it.

I thought about it but then decided to host my own show for the new cutlery steak knives!

I havent' thought about it hardly at all!!

heat123 said:
I thought about it but then decided to host my own show for the new cutlery steak knives!

and boy are they nice!! I need a 2nd set to make a nice set of 8 :)

I think i am going to host my own show next month as well.... It's been a year I should do that.

I'm getting some seconds of products that I have in my TTA so I can leave one set at home in my white TTAs & leave the rest in my bag for shows. I hate always having to check that hubby put the PC stuff in the right TTA! I also need a large cutting board & might get one of the sets of cookware. I don't need too much this year--I've been earning a lot for free lately!!

Well, for those of you that know about my colored santoku knife that came up missing since my son does the dishes.....I will be getting one of those definately! I will be asking my mom after I put in my order if there's anything she needs. She has helped me out in the business more than once so I thought as a "thank you" I'd do that!

DebbieJ said:

Why don't you think it is worth it my director is always talking about this opportunity?

koeverson said:
Why don't you think it is worth it my director is always talking about this opportunity?
On my bigger shows, I have ordered some things along with the hosts' order (with her knowledge of course). That way I get at least 20% off with her discount, PLUS my discount. In Feb I earned 23% off, so I totaled 43% off AND free shipping!!! So in that sense, I'm not impressed by kit enhancement either.

koeverson said:

There are other ways to get products for free or for a bigger discount.

I order on hosts orders and that way it counts for my incentive points and career sales, too.

4kids4me said:
On my bigger shows, I have ordered some things along with the hosts' order (with her knowledge of course). That way I get at least 20% off with her discount, PLUS my discount. In Feb I earned 23% off, so I totaled 43% off AND free shipping!!! So in that sense, I'm not impressed by kit enhancement either.

How do you get your discount on top of a host's, on her order??? Or, are you speaking of your commission on top of her discount?

DebbieJ said:
I agree! If I need something, I will ask a host that I know if she is OK with me adding something on using her discount. Then, you get it at the discount, sales count towards incentives/trips, AND you make commission on it! It usually ends up MORE THAN 50% OFF!

That being said, here's what I just got through an open house I just held:

Forged bread knife (completes my set of awesome knives!!!)
Citrus Press
Grill Press
Chillzanne Bowl
Chillzanne Mini Bowl
Spreader (one with vanilla glazed handle)
A couple of Mix-n-Chops (already have one...wanted some to give away!)
Mix-n-Masher

I honestly have most items that I would ever like to have...the only other thing I was looking at is the small bamboo board and petite squares to go with it...but decided against it since I have tons of SA that I can use for entertaining!

Have fun shopping all!

DebbieJ said:

Yep. I'm kinda tore about the whole thing too. My 4th month will be May, so I'll be able to order both months. I have SOOO much PC stuff now, I don't think I could fit anymore in here.

I would love to get the cookware, but even with the discount, can't afford it. So I'll probably just wait it out.

KellyTheChef said:
Forged bread knife (completes my set of awesome knives!!!)

Yay!! So happy to hear that you decided to go for it :)

I really want the cookware. -- But if I self host and get to the $300 level I can get it for 50% off. . . plus cooks tools for free.

I'm trying to weigh the options.

(I could also try to recruit three people before the end of April and get the cookware for free.) -- April is my third "old" Super Starter month.

floccies said:
I really want the cookware. -- But if I self host and get to the $300 level I can get it for 50% off. . . plus cooks tools for free.

I'm trying to weigh the options.

(I could also try to recruit three people before the end of April and get the cookware for free.) -- April is my third "old" Super Starter month.

Try to recruit!!

If not, then I would self host and get to the $300 level. Then, you are getting commission on the $300, at least 17% = $50 towards it! This is what I plan to do to get the cookware within the next few months!

I see your point. It does not seem like such a great bargain. I love this site. You woman (and men) are awsome. I am going to sit down and figure out how I can get the most benefit for the items I want. I really like the fact that if I add to a host order (a host I know) it can go towards my career sales.

jenniferknapp said:
Try to recruit!!

If not, then I would self host and get to the $300 level. Then, you are getting commission on the $300, at least 17% = $50 towards it! This is what I plan to do to get the cookware within the next few months!

That's exactly what I did a little bit ago. And I am so glad I got the cookware it is awesome.

Plus, you do not have to pay shipping as host either!

jenniferknapp said:
How do you get your discount on top of a host's, on her order??? Or, are you speaking of your commission on top of her discount?

Yes, I was referring to my commission on top of her discount. And it goes towards my #s, so I like that, too. :)

4kids4me said:
Yes, I was referring to my commission on top of her discount. And it goes towards my #s, so I like that, too. :)

I do that for smaller items. But for the larger, more expensive items, I would rather have my name on it, or at least my mom's...for the warranty. And also, I wouldn't want to use over like $25 of it as a consultant gift...so I would be losing a write-off!

jenniferknapp said:
I do that for smaller items. But for the larger, more expensive items, I would rather have my name on it, or at least my mom's...for the warranty. And also, I wouldn't want to use over like $25 of it as a consultant gift...so I would be losing a write-off!

Can you explain what you mean by "I wouldn't want to use over like $25 of it as a consultant gift.. so I would be losing a write off". I'm new to PC and I have no idea what you mean. Thanks!

Well, say that you decide that you want to buy $100 worth of products for yourself. If you add those products on your host's order, they are in her name....and you can't really write those off for your own taxes. (Well, some people do, but I wouldn't, in case I was ever audited) But, if you only want $25 worth of products, then you can add it to the host's order, and as the payment type, choose "Consultant Gift." Someone on here mentioned that the magical number of the consultant gift per show is $25. So, I just stick with that, in case I was ever audited, I can show that the host paid for her order - $25.... showing that I did pay _____ out of my pocket, and I would just say that those products were for her, as a consultant gift for reaching such and such a goal. Does that help?

I added personal orders a lot to host's shows my first few months as a consultant. It was a great way to earn my superstarter stuff and build my kit. Then I discovered it was against Pampered Chef's policies and I was not able to claim any of that product I did not purchase in my own name on my taxes. I just rely on hosting my own shows and kit enhancement now.

I earn most everything as a director each season but I do get duplicates of some things and I buy gifts. I get the larger items at 50% off by hosting an occasional show myself. I use kit enhancement to get the smaller items as door prized and host gifts. I usually choose things $15 and under with the KE. I don't use it every year though.

WOW Im amazed at how many of you dont use kit enhancement. I have never had the extra cash to order anything, but this year I do want the tiles platter and am in no way paying $50 something for it, so Im using my discount. I waited 3 years for the mandoline and was able to get that this month at 60%. I do like that idea of getting gifts and door prizes Beth. Do you get bigger door prizes or still stick with the cheapos? ( quikut, SB that kind of thing)

Chef Diane said:
I do like that idea of getting gifts and door prizes Beth. Do you get bigger door prizes or still stick with the cheapos? ( quikut, SB that kind of thing)
I choose items that are $15 or less.

I am getting the 7 piece cookware set, because one, I have wanted it for over a year now, and two, my hubby lets me spend my pc money back on pc stuff. This month I got over 200 just in my overrides as a director, so I am using that to pay for my cookware. So really my team bought it for me! haha

jenniferknapp said:
Well, say that you decide that you want to buy $100 worth of products for yourself. If you add those products on your host's order, they are in her name....and you can't really write those off for your own taxes. (Well, some people do, but I wouldn't, in case I was ever audited) But, if you only want $25 worth of products, then you can add it to the host's order, and as the payment type, choose "Consultant Gift." Someone on here mentioned that the magical number of the consultant gift per show is $25. So, I just stick with that, in case I was ever audited, I can show that the host paid for her order - $25.... showing that I did pay _____ out of my pocket, and I would just say that those products were for her, as a consultant gift for reaching such and such a goal. Does that help?

How do you keep track of the consultant gifts for tax purposes? I'm new and this is all sort of confusing to me. :confused:

You can enter expenses in to PP or PP3.... for mileage for shows, errands, etc. For consultant gifts, under payment type for a guest, you would add 2 payments....1 for the consultant gift and 1 for the rest of the payment (check, cc, etc.) ...at the end of the year (or whenever) you can run expense reports, and all of this info will be included!

jenniferknapp said:
You can enter expenses in to PP or PP3.... for mileage for shows, errands, etc. For consultant gifts, under payment type for a guest, you would add 2 payments....1 for the consultant gift and 1 for the rest of the payment (check, cc, etc.) ...at the end of the year (or whenever) you can run expense reports, and all of this info will be included!

Thanks SO much for the info!! :)

I don't do kit enhancement month. First, I usually have a couple of my own shows each year, so I would rather use my host discount and still earn commission and sales points for incentives. Second, I have almost everything in the catalog at this point, LOL!

I have $50 PC money to use. I don't know what I am going to get. I have to think about it.

Last edited:
chefkristin said:
I have $50 PC mopney to use. I don't know what I am going to get. I have to think about it.

What about an open stock piece of the executive cookware? Or the forged steak knives??

jenniferknapp said:
What about an open stock piece of the executive cookware? Or the forged steak knives??
Actually,I am thinking about the grill pan and the press.

I'm thinking about getting either the santuko knife or the forged chef's knife. If anyone has both knives which one would you recommend more? I also would like to get the new mix n chop. I never really thought about just adding it to a host's order and the money going toward my sales. I thought kit enhancement was a really good deal until I read some of these ideas. Thanks! You all have such great ideas to share.

Sandy

I vote for the Santoku!

I vote for the Chef's Knife.

While the Santoku is a nice knife, it is NOT a substitute for a Chef's Knife (although Rachael Ray has led America to think that it is...).

I use my Forged Chef's Knife every day and rarely use my Santoku.

BTW it is $25 in gifts per person per YEAR, not show. Just did my taxes! However, "incentives" are unlimited. So if you paid part of her cost as a reward for her reaching a level etc. that is an incentive and there's no cap on that.

As for KE, maybe the new TTA so I can leave the white one at home and use the black one for shows or vice versa. My kitchen is white right now. Not sure what else yet. I want to order the torte pans but on sample as I didn't get a package so I could still get that. I still can right if I haven't ordered it already?? Maybe the mix N chop too, if I can get it without a big backorder. There is not too much else I want right now. Maybe some cookbooks for bigger incentive prizes.

<h2>1. What is kit enhancement month?</h2><p>Kit enhancement month is a special time for Pampered Chef consultants to update their starter kits with new products and tools. It is a great opportunity to refresh your business and try out new items.</p><h2>2. When is kit enhancement month?</h2><p>Kit enhancement month typically takes place in the month of January. However, the specific dates may vary from year to year. Be sure to check with your upline or the Pampered Chef website for the official dates.</p><h2>3. What are the benefits of participating in kit enhancement month?</h2><p>Participating in kit enhancement month allows you to update your starter kit with new, popular products that will attract more customers. It also gives you the chance to try out new tools and expand your cooking and selling abilities.</p><h2>4. Are there any special discounts or promotions during kit enhancement month?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef often offers special discounts and promotions during kit enhancement month. These may include discounted prices on certain products, free shipping, or free product bundles with a minimum purchase. Check with your consultant or the Pampered Chef website for more information.</p><h2>5. How do I know which products to choose for my kit enhancement?</h2><p>Your upline or consultant should be able to provide guidance on which products are currently popular and selling well. You can also look at the Pampered Chef website or attend a virtual or in-person training to learn about new and recommended products. Ultimately, choose items that you feel will benefit your business and help you reach your goals.</p>

1. What is kit enhancement month?

Kit enhancement month is a special time for Pampered Chef consultants to update their starter kits with new products and tools. It is a great opportunity to refresh your business and try out new items.

2. When is kit enhancement month?

Kit enhancement month typically takes place in the month of January. However, the specific dates may vary from year to year. Be sure to check with your upline or the Pampered Chef website for the official dates.

3. What are the benefits of participating in kit enhancement month?

Participating in kit enhancement month allows you to update your starter kit with new, popular products that will attract more customers. It also gives you the chance to try out new tools and expand your cooking and selling abilities.

4. Are there any special discounts or promotions during kit enhancement month?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers special discounts and promotions during kit enhancement month. These may include discounted prices on certain products, free shipping, or free product bundles with a minimum purchase. Check with your consultant or the Pampered Chef website for more information.

5. How do I know which products to choose for my kit enhancement?

Your upline or consultant should be able to provide guidance on which products are currently popular and selling well. You can also look at the Pampered Chef website or attend a virtual or in-person training to learn about new and recommended products. Ultimately, choose items that you feel will benefit your business and help you reach your goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• morgieloo88
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ChefForrester
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Joelen