• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Kit Enhancements: A Guide for New Consultants

You put the order in P3 under non-commission orders, kit enhancement is the type. You can get 1 of each item up to $500 retail value total if they are not in your kit. However, you can get a prep bowl set since you only got 2. Prices are 40% off.
vtodd71
I've been reading through several posts and people mentioning an April Kit Enhancement. I just started August 2007 so I'm still new to some of this stuff. What is a kit enhancement? Do we get to purchase stuff at a reduced price? What?

Every April is kit enhancement - you may purchase 1 of any items we sell to "enhance" your kit - it is also offered to new consultants in month 4 of their business if I remember correctly -

For new consultants in their fourth month it's one of any item that is NOT in their kit.

Every April is 40% of one of any item up to $500.

Last edited:
wadesgirl said:
For new consultants in their first month it's one of any item that is NOT in their kit.

Wow! That is an awesome deal. Now I can't wait until April gets here. :D

wadesgirl said:
For new consultants in their first month it's one of any item that is NOT in their kit.

Fourth month, not first.

For newbies: In your welcome letter it lists what month is Kit Enchancement - pay attention to that.

If your KE would fall in April, it is moved to May.

More details or rules are available in the policies and procedures manual on Consultant's Corner. There is a quick link to the manual on your main page of consultant's corner in the right box.

janetupnorth said:
Fourth month, not first.

For newbies: In your welcome letter it lists what month is Kit Enchancement - pay attention to that.

More details or rules are available in the policies and procedures manual on Consultant's Corner. There is a quick link to the manual on your main page of consultant's corner in the right box.

Oops, it's Friday and I don't want to be at work, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! But you sure do like pointing out my errors! :chef: :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:

so would i have 2 months of kit enhancement instead of one?

ameliasurf said:
so would i have 2 months of kit enhancement instead of one?
Yes. All new consultants have 2 KE months in their first year: their 4th month, and April. After that, everyone has KE in April only.

wadesgirl said:
Oops, it's Friday and I don't want to be at work, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! But you sure do like pointing out my errors! :chef: :rolleyes:

Just don't want to confuse our BRAND NEW people and get them too excited. ;)

Nothing personal ya know! :p

janetupnorth said:
Just don't want to confuse our BRAND NEW people and get them too excited. ;)

Nothing personal ya know! :p

Yeah, I know! At least someone is watching after me. Sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain can think.

Ok so my KE month is May (I just joined) do I have to wait till the next April or do I get to take advantage this April???

Pam6170 said:
Ok so my KE month is May (I just joined) do I have to wait till the next April or do I get to take advantage this April???
Yes. You can use the KE in April AND May this year!

So i starteed Oct 10th and my 4th month would be this month correct?? So i can get one of any item not in my kit and how much of a discount?? and where do I go to put that order in ?? In my P3??

elizabethfox said:
So i starteed Oct 10th and my 4th month would be this month correct?? So i can get one of any item not in my kit and how much of a discount?? and where do I go to put that order in ?? In my P3??
It's a 40% discount and you can order up to $500 retail. It is under the non-commissionable types of orders on your P3.

elizabethfox said:

Check your letter - yours MAY have been January. :(

Make sure it is this month.

You put the order in P3 under non-commission orders, kit enhancement is the type. You can get 1 of each item up to $500 retail value total if they are not in your kit. However, you can get a prep bowl set since you only got 2. Prices are 40% off.

That's a good quesiton. Oct 10-Nov 10 (month 1), Nov 10-Dec 10 (month 2), Dec 10-Jan 10 (month 3), Jan 10-Feb 10 (month 4). Call HO or find your email you got after you signed up, it will list which month is which.

I have no clue where the letter is. How else can I find out??

And why would it have been Januaury?? from the 10th of Oct. to the 10th of Jan is 3 months..not 4.

wadesgirl said:
That's a good quesiton. Oct 10-Nov 10 (month 1), Nov 10-Dec 10 (month 2), Dec 10-Jan 10 (month 3), Jan 10-Feb 10 (month 4). Call HO or find your email you got after you signed up, it will list which month is which.
I believe that month 4 is the first full month after your 90 days has ended.

I started in Sept and it was Jan - so yours seems like Feb would be right.

Did you get an email when you started? That was how I found out my 4th month.

wadesgirl said:

Just thinking it is the 4th month, so October - month 1, November - month 2, December - month 3, January - month 4.

I will double-check how they calculate it. Remember - they go by calendar month, not signed date.

Read page 10 of policies and procedures for details - remember that you can only place ONE KE order in a month so get what you want!

You should look for an email from Pampered Chef with the subject:

New Consultant Rewards Program Achievement

janetupnorth said:
Just thinking it is the 4th month, so October - month 1, November - month 2, December - month 3, January - month 4.

I will double-check how they calculate it. Remember - they go by calendar month, not signed date.

I know they go by calendar month but wouldn't it be the first full month after your 90 days? A call to HO might be needed!

I just compared to my letter when I signed - it is the 4th full month so they would go like this:

Signed in - KE is:

January - May
February - June
March - July
April - August
May - September
June - October
July - November
August - December
September - January
October - February
November - March
December - May

Note: You only get the extra month your 1st year!

Ok so Feb is my KE month

wadesgirl said:
I know they go by calendar month but wouldn't it be the first full month after your 90 days? A call to HO might be needed!
Hey! :eek: I just said that. :p

First full month after 90 days is up. Check an email from Pampered Chef with the subject: Welcome to the Pampered Chef Family.

edit: The email subject is a correction from a previous post.

Last edited:
oops sent that before I was finished...LOL...I will call HO just to make sure though

BethCooks4U said:
You should look for an email from Pampered Chef with the subject:

New Consultant Rewards Program Achievement

Mine was: "Welcome to the Pampered Chef Family" :D

janetupnorth said:
I just compared to my letter when I signed - it is the 4th full month so they would go like this:

Signed in - KE is:

January - May
February - June
March - July
April - August
May - September
June - October
July - November
August - December
September - January
October - February
November - March
December - May

Note: You only get the extra month your 1st year!

It was easier when I signed because we had the three Super Starter Months which went by calendar month. Then your fourth month was your KE. So I signed November 4 but my first SS month was December since they went by full month back then. That's why I don't know what it is for the current 30-90 day system.

janetupnorth said:
Mine was: "Welcome to the Pampered Chef Family" :D
Yeah, I corrected that in post #26. :blushing:

BethCooks4U said:
Hey! :eek: I just said that. :p

First full month after 90 days is up. Check an email from Pampered Chef with the subject: Welcome to the Pampered Chef Family.

edit: The email subject is a correction from a previous post.

Oops, too many people posting on the same thread at a time!

OK, different question ...

My second show of the month is about to close ... the "past host" really WANTED to get a set of cookware at 60 percent off but just couldn't afford it.

So as an alternative ... I asked her if she'd be interested it for what I'd pay in my kit enhancement month.

If I buy cookware in February, which is my kit enhancement ... and then in April, can I get the same thing for her?

ALSO ...

Can I order, say, the set that includes the 10 inch skillet and ALSO the open stock 10 inch skillet, both in the same month?

(Not sure if either of us will order ANYTHING but it's good to know the options.)

The way that I understand the rules, no. A kit enhancement is just that a way for "you" to build your kit. This is one of the perks of being a consultant, not a friend or host of the consultant.Even if it wasn't an ethical issue if she can't afford to buy it at 60 % off as a host, why does she then even want to think about buying it at 40% off? Not to mention the lifetime warranty would not transfer.As far as buying a set and then later an open stock item that is the same, I would think you could. They are different purely because one is a set and the other is one item. I can't find any evidence either way, so that is my opinion.

Because every month is a new month ... she is on a limited income, has bent over backwards to support every business venture I've ever had ... and this month, she had car problems. I can SO relate!

What is a kit enhancement?

A kit enhancement is a special offer or promotion that is available for purchase by new consultants. It typically includes a selection of popular products at a discounted price, as well as additional training materials and resources to help new consultants get started with their business.

Do we get to purchase stuff at a reduced price?

Yes, kit enhancements are designed to provide new consultants with the opportunity to purchase popular products at a discounted price. This allows them to start building their inventory and familiarizing themselves with the products, which can ultimately lead to increased sales and success in their business.

When can I purchase a kit enhancement?

Kit enhancements are typically only available for a limited time, so it's important to stay informed and act quickly when they are announced. They are usually offered to new consultants within the first few months of starting their business, so be sure to keep an eye out for any announcements or updates.

What is included in a kit enhancement?

In addition to a selection of discounted products, kit enhancements often include training materials, resources, and tips to help new consultants get started and grow their business. This can include things like recipe cards, catalogs, and marketing materials.

How do I purchase a kit enhancement?

To purchase a kit enhancement, simply follow the instructions provided in the announcement or update. This could involve placing an order through your consultant website, contacting your upline or mentor, or attending a special training session. Make sure to act quickly, as kit enhancements are only available for a limited time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • trisigma730
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • ChefForrester