• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Choose a 10 or 12 Inch Skillet for My Kit Enhancement Month?

In summary, the 12 inch skillet is a great investment for cooks who want to do upside down cakes or Asian noodle recipes. The 10 inch skillet is also great, but the lid is not available for it.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have 2 days left in my Kit Enhancement month. I have given serious thought to getting the 12 inch family skillet to do upside down cakes and asian noodle recipe, stuff like that, at shows.

But April is KE as well, and then the 10 inch skillet is available as open stock. However, a lid is available for the 12 inch skillet, but not this one.

The 12 inch skillet is HUGE, however ... and I am single with one roomate.

Which one do you reccomend? I can't see myself getting a whole set of anything at this time.

Love Love Love my 12 in skillet!!!!! Its a great piece at your shows for getting bookings!! My vote - get the 12!

I don't have the 12" skillet, but it is on my list. I do have the 10" and use it ALOT! And I do some of the skillet cakes in there. But you have to leave out a little batter and adjust the cooking time by a couple minutes.

Get the 12"...if you are making something that isn't quite big enough to fill the 12 inch, it's no big deal. You don't have that option if you have the 10" and it's too small!

Hamburger helper, spaghetti sauce, fried chicken or chicken tenders, grilled cheese, you name it, I use my 12" for it!

If I could only have ONE cookware piece, this would be the one!

I love the 12" skillet. It's just DH and I and it gets used alot.

It's just 2 of us at my house, and the 12" is probably the most-used pan around here.

Think about the big picture. Which one will benefit you at your shows and home? If you buy the 12 inch you can still use it to make smaller portioned meals. This is an investment with a lifetime guarantee.
Do you plan to stay single forever? (Rhetorical question, not a judgement call) You can also do the meals in the 12inch and freeze for later. Good luck on your decision.

I dont understand the whole concept of "kit enhancement." We get 40% off, but how do we know how much we can get or when it expires???

12" all the way! You can use it so much more than the 10" saute at shows! I thought I would never use the 12" when it was just hubby and I ... Wrong! I used it for making extra to freeze all the time when I was busy and working.

bsaxman said:
I dont understand the whole concept of "kit enhancement." We get 40% off, but how do we know how much we can get or when it expires???
It's covered in the policies. We get 40% off the retail of what we order on a KE order. There's a limit of 1 per item, and a max of $500 retail. If it's your new consultant KE, you also can't order anything that came in your kit.

The April kit enhancement is 40% off for the month. You can put in 1 order up to $500.00 retail. When you enter an order in P3, under kit enhancement it will total your order for you, just like a show.

The details are in the policies and procedures in Consultants corner.
page F-9

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/policies_procedures.pdf

bsaxman said:

KE is always April for all consultnats. We cna get 40% off whatever we want in the catalog (qty of 1 only and there is a retail value limit. Look in the Policies and precedures under kit enhancement) to place one of these orders go under non comission orders. You will see it there and it will only let you do it in April or for new consultants they also get a KE in their 4th month. You can only do an order once durring that month so make your list carefully!

LOL... How many people can type the same thing at the same time???

Too funny!

I would get the 12" skillet. I use it several times a week. Russell uses the 10" when he cooks eggs for breakfast, but I rarely use it myself.

Thanks.Do I plan to stay single forever? Who knows? But it is quite possible that even if I marry, my household size will not change.I just want something that is versatile and that will get used all the time. The 8 inch is just too small to flip eggs, IMHO. I was never a fan of non-stick of any kind until I got this!Mulling over whether to blow the last of my PC dollars on this or work it into my budget ... also on whether to also get the lid or splatter screen.

I say go for the lid instead of the splatter screen. Too many recipes call for you to use a lid...

the 10" is no longer available :(

chefann said:
It's just 2 of us at my house, and the 12" is probably the most-used pan around here.

Yes, same here. I have both the Exec and SS 12" Skillets and BOTH get used alot!

KellyTheChef said:
I say go for the lid instead of the splatter screen. Too many recipes call for you to use a lid...

I agree with Kelly.

the 10" is no longer available
What'ya talkin 'bout, Willis?The 10 inch skillet is part of the 3 pc. set. It's also available as Open Stock.Do you mean the professional line?

If you are talking about the Exec 10" Saute that is available on the S/S Sample order...

The 12" Skillet has very high sides (for the cakes) and keeps the ingredients in the pan nicely (especially the ground beef for the power cooking.

The 10" saute is way smaller. The sides aren't anywhere near as high. DH browned 1 lb of sausage in it last weekend. It fit, but he was complaining that the sides weren't as high as the skillet and he had to be more careful that the sausage didn't go flying out of the pan (he is spoiled using the 12" skillet- I am actually considering the 7-piece since it contains a 10" version of the 12" skillet).

I feel that the 2 pans (12" skillet vs 10" saute) have separate uses and I am glad I have both.

The 10" saute is wonderful for eggs (a little more room than the 8" I think you mentioned) plus I love doing the garlic bites using the full 8 biscuit package in the 10" saute.

Go for the lid!!!

I really want to get the 12"... I've had a 10" skillet and it's just inadequate too many times and I get tired of things falling out and such. The 12" seems much more versatile and like someone said, you can use the 12 inch with an amount the 10" could handle but also more... I'm looking forward to one day getting the 12" and retiring my old worn out wretched nonPC 10"... LOL.

Go for the 12". Trust me, 2" makes a difference. ;)

Carolyn is talking about the Professional line.

But on the Exec line, there is no 10" skillet available in open stock, only the 10" saute pan will be open stock.

I say based on all that and my personal opinion, the 12" skillet is the way to go.

legacypc46 said:
Go for the 12". Trust me, 2" makes a difference. ;)
:eek: Kris! :eek:

OK, I was thinkin' it, too. :blushing:

chefann said:
:eek: Kris! :eek:

OK, I was thinkin' it, too. :blushing:

Oh my... you guys are panning in the gutter, I see...

LOL

I hardly ever use the 12" skillet lid.
DH uses the splatter screen a lot, with several different type pans.

When AD made the one pot skillet she used the splatter screen ... I'm thinking it will work for more than just this big ole' skillet.

Oh, it does. I like it a lot, since nights he cooks, I clean up.
That splatter screen is great, even though I never use it!

1. Should I choose a 10 or 12 inch skillet for my Kit Enhancement month?

Ultimately, the size of your skillet should depend on your personal cooking needs and preferences. The 12 inch skillet may be more versatile and allow for larger meals, while the 10 inch skillet may be more practical for a single person or smaller portions. Consider what types of dishes you plan on cooking and how many people you typically cook for.

2. What are the benefits of choosing the 12 inch skillet?

The 12 inch skillet offers a larger cooking surface, making it suitable for cooking bigger meals or multiple dishes at once. It also typically comes with a lid, which can be useful for certain recipes that require covered cooking. Additionally, the 12 inch skillet may have more uses beyond just stovetop cooking, such as baking in the oven.

3. What are the benefits of choosing the 10 inch skillet?

The 10 inch skillet may be more practical for single individuals or smaller households. It takes up less space and may be easier to handle and clean. It may also be more budget-friendly, as it is available as open stock during Kit Enhancement month.

4. Which skillet size is more commonly used in cooking?

Both the 10 inch and 12 inch skillets are commonly used in cooking, but the 12 inch skillet may be more versatile and popular due to its larger size and added features, such as a lid.

5. Is it worth investing in a whole set of skillets, or should I stick to one size?

Investing in a whole set of skillets may be a good option if you frequently cook different types of dishes and need various sizes. However, if you have limited space or do not cook often, sticking to one size may be more practical and cost-effective. Consider your cooking habits and needs before making a decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnacook
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ms_twana
  • cookwithtiffany
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
nancycookspc
Replies