• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Is Your 4Th Month Calculated? (For Kit Enhancement.)

In summary, the conversation discussed the process for ordering a kit enhancement in the fourth month of being a new consultant. It was determined that the fourth month is determined by the first full month after the 90 day date, and the consultant has until the end of that month to place their order. It was also mentioned that the consultant can access the rules and regulations for kit enhancements on the company's website.
ChefCat
I signed up 10/27/09.

So is it like this:
October- month one
November- month two
December- month three
January- month four
So anytime during January 1-31 I can do a kit enhancement order?

-OR-

Is it like this:
10/27/09 - 11/27/09- month one
11/27/09 - 12/27/09- month two
12/27/09 - 1/27/10- month three
1/27/10 - 2/27/10- month four
So I have until 2/27/10 to place a kit enhancement order? (Hence why I marked this post urgent. I may only have a few days left! Or I may have missed it!)

I was just in P3 and I can enter items and they are showing up at 40% off, but will the order go through? If I call the help line can they tell me? Any help will be appreciated.

Which brings me to a bit of a rant, I never knew about this kit enhancement in the fourth month until I heard of it here on CS.com. Sure wish my directors would have said something. :grumpy:

Thanks for any help! :)

Do you have the welcome e-mail that HO sent you? It should list your 30 day, 90 day, and Kit Enhancement month.Even though you signed up in October, since it was the very end, it could very well be that they have Nov. 1st or something as your start date. They don't go by the day you submit your contract, they go by the date they anticipate you receiving your kit by FedEx.So, it might be that Nov is month 1, Dec is month 2, Jan is month 3, so Feb would be your 4th month and the month of your new consultant Kit Enhancement.I'd try to find that e-mail to confirm, but I'm thinking that this is in fact your month. You'd have till the end of Feb. if so.Also, your director/recruiter might not have told you this, but you can read all the rules and regulations on CC. It's called The Consultant Policy Guide. It's located towards the top of the list in the box on the right side of the home page. In there it goes over Kit Enhancements.

I found this in the policy guide. Help me understand it please! =)

""
New Consultants are eligible for kit enhancement in
their fourth full month of business if they have been
active in the three consecutive previous months. If they
have been active in only the two previous months, they
can submit $150 in personal commissionable sales in the
fourth month, and then place a kit enhancement order.
(If your New Consultant Kit enhancement month would
be April, it will be assigned to May instead.)

A Consultant is considered new in the month
he/she joins or until $150 in commissionable
sales is submitted, at which time they are
considered active.
""

So I joined 10/27/09, but I didn't submit any sales until November. So November is my first full month? I have submitted at least $150 each month. So that makes February my month to order, right?? :confused:

Thanks Amanda! I'll find that email!

You should have gotten a Welcome Email from PC that explained and stated when your Kit Enhancement month would be. Have you done a search through your emails?

I have my welcome email that have my 30 and 90 day listed- it does not say anything about kit enhancement.I'll read it again in case I read too fast, but it doesn't look like it is in that email.

When is your 90 day date?

ChefBeckyD said:
When is your 90 day date?

90-day end date: 2/3/2010

So I'm in my 4th month right now? Until 3/3/10?

I signed up on October (11th I think), my 90th day was Jan 18th and my 4th month is Feb. It goes by month not by date.
I called HO and they said I have until Feb 28th to order my Kit Enhancement.

Also we get it again in April, along with all consultants. :) HTH

Monty060609 said:
I signed up on October (11th I think), my 90th day was Jan 18th and my 4th month is Feb. It goes by month not by date.
I called HO and they said I have until Feb 28th to order my Kit Enhancement.

Thanks. I'm going to assume I have until the end of Feb as well.

you kit enhancement month is the first full month after your 90 day date, so yours should be March. Call HO to confirm.

DebbieJ said:
you kit enhancement month is the first full month after your 90 day date, so yours should be March. Call HO to confirm.

Oh.. OK

I guess I will call tomorrow to be sure.

Thank you to everyone for helping! I didn't want to miss this opportunity! I know April is coming, but I still wanted to take advantage of my 4th month opportunity as well.

Well I went ahead and submitted my kit enhancement order. It processed through P3 fine. So I'm homing it goes through and ships fine too. Time will tell... =)ETA- I just received the confirmation email.

This is so very confusing to me. I wish that the 4th month would be included in the welcome email. My new consultant started in august (31st). She missd ke because we both thought it would be february. It was january and she didn't get to do her ke order.

crystalscookingnow said:
This is so very confusing to me. I wish that the 4th month would be included in the welcome email. My new consultant started in august (31st). She missd ke because we both thought it would be february. It was january and she didn't get to do her ke order.

I absolutely agree! I wish the other posters were right, I wish the month was listed in the welcome email, but it is not. I know that everyone can order in April, but it would be nice if everyone could be informed about their 4th month as well.

Out of curiosity, I went back to my own welcome email and my KE month was was listed/ specified in the section "Add to your Kit". In Canada, new consultants receive KE in their fifth full month of our business (and then every April). So.....if it is already "calculated" and inserted in the Canadian consultants' welcome letters, there is no reason why it can't be done for all other consultants too.

I joined at end of Jan and my KE month was specified to be June (5th full month, Cdn rules). So, the way I figure it, ChefCat signed up in Oct, KE would be Feb based on the US rule of 4th full month.

DebbieJ said:

See, that's what I thought too. Here is how my consultant's dates played out:

August 31st - signed
October 7th - 30 days
December 5th - 90 days

We calculated her fourth month as January but that wasn't correct. It was actually December. I even called career solutions for her. The lady was so mean & condscending to me about how 'easy' it was to figure this out.

ETA - I even asked if it was supposed to be the fourth full month. She said, it used to be, but now it's just the fourth month. I then said that I thought it would be January and she said, no, January is her fifth month as a consultant. She signed in August.

Last edited:
debbie mc said:
Out of curiosity, I went back to my own welcome email and my KE month was was listed/ specified in the section "Add to your Kit". In Canada, new consultants receive KE in their fifth full month of our business (and then every April). So.....if it is already "calculated" and inserted in the Canadian consultants' welcome letters, there is no reason why it can't be done for all other consultants too.

I joined at end of Jan and my KE month was specified to be June (5th full month, Cdn rules). So, the way I figure it, ChefCat signed up in Oct, KE would be Feb based on the US rule of 4th full month.

It used to be included in the States too. Some of the problem lies in that the recruiter/director always used to get a copy of the welcome email, and we don't anymore....so we don't have any clue what it says, and it sounds like the info has changed in the Welcome Email.

How hard would it be to copy the recruiter? :(

Here is what my welcome email says. I changed out my personal information with "#" or "-". The email was formatted pretty and looked nice, but I don't know how to show the actual email. But here is the text:"

This is from the left column, under a photo of Jean:

Your Pampered Chef® Profile
Consultant number: ######

Password: ######

Date of Agreement: 10/27/2009

New Consultant Rewards program:
30-day bonus end date: 12/7/2009
90-day end date: 2/3/2010

Cat---- ---------
#### --address----

##my phone###
---my email ----

Please ensure that we always have your current mailing and e-mail addresses. The Pampered Chef® uses e-mail to send timely information, reminders, and a weekly e-newsletter. You can be confident that we will not share your mailing or e-mail address with other companies. You can change your e-mail address at Consultant’s Corner > My Account at any time.

Then the main section on the right has this:

Welcome to The Pampered Chef® Team!
Dear Cat---- ---------:

We’re happy you joined The Pampered Chef® team! Your Pampered Chef® Consultant number and password are in the column to the left. You’ll use this information often, both to transmit electronic orders via PamperedPartner® Plus and to access a variety of useful information on the Consultant’s Corner Web site.

Your New Consultant Kit will arrive soon. In the meantime, get your business on the fast track by taking care of these important steps now:

* Apply for The Pampered Chef® debit card or Visa® credit card so you can submit orders electronically.*
* Request direct deposit of your commission checks. Commissions are deposited twice a month.
* Track your orders, including your New Consultant Kit.
* Take courses at the free Online Training Center to learn about every aspect of your business.

New Consultant Rewards Program

In your first 90 days as a Consultant, you can earn Pampered Chef® dollars for submitting four Shows, submitting $1,250 in commissionable sales and for each new Consultant you recruit. And if you achieve these selling and recruiting goals in your first 30 days, you can earn DOUBLE and TRIPLE PC dollars! PC dollars can be used to purchase products, business materials and National Conference registration. See the New Consultant Rewards brochure on Consultant’s Corner for all the details, and track your PC dollars here.
You’ll also get these benefits:

* 20% – 25% commission based on monthly commissionable sales
* 20% product discount on personal orders
* Opportunity to order Business Building Package in your first 60 days; includes catalogs and materials you’ll use for Shows and recruiting

As a new Consultant, we expect you to have questions about your business, and we want to do everything possible to help you get your business off to a strong start. You can call these contacts with your questions:
Your recruiter, --her name--, ##Her phone number---
The Solution Center, (888) OUR CHEF (687-2433)

We’re all dedicated to helping you build a satisfying and successful Pampered Chef® business.

Warmest regards,
Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales

*You may use your personal credit card to submit electronic orders up to 60 days from your agreement date; after 60 days, only The Pampered Chef® debit card and Visa® credit card are accepted.

I joined Jan 31st 2009 and my recruiter AND my Director were both sent a copy on my welcome email. And, I received a paper copy of the welcome letter as did my recruiter. Weird how things are done differently between our two countries. Different incentive trips or triple/double points months, different new consultant KE month, etc I get. But as far as getting the info out to the consultants, that should be standardized. IMO. It would make it so much easier on the new consultants.

This is off topic now, but I gather from posts & signatures that US's incentive trip for 2010 is Toronto or Maui? Is this the first time Hawaii has been offered to US consultants? The reason I ask is because I had a dream in late December before we found out our "Irresistible Destinations 2010" details that 2010's trip would be Hawaii. My hubby is not someone who would enjoy a trip to a Caribbean country, but has ALWAYS wanted to go to Hawaii. I think the dream was brought on by the wishing I was doing! Anyway, as the US can earn Maui in 2010.....I am now hoping it will be offered to Canadians in 2011. I know, I know, one year/ trip at a time! But earning Hawaii would be so awesome to be able to make his dream come true.:)

debbie mc said:
I joined Jan 31st 2009 and my recruiter AND my Director were both sent a copy on my welcome email. And, I received a paper copy of the welcome letter as did my recruiter. Weird how things are done differently between our two countries. Different incentive trips or triple/double points months, different new consultant KE month, etc I get. But as far as getting the info out to the consultants, that should be standardized. IMO. It would make it so much easier on the new consultants.

This is off topic now, but I gather from posts & signatures that US's incentive trip for 2010 is Toronto or Maui? Is this the first time Hawaii has been offered to US consultants? The reason I ask is because I had a dream in late December before we found out our "Irresistible Destinations 2010" details that 2010's trip would be Hawaii. My hubby is not someone who would enjoy a trip to a Caribbean country, but has ALWAYS wanted to go to Hawaii. I think the dream was brought on by the wishing I was doing! Anyway, as the US can earn Maui in 2010.....I am now hoping it will be offered to Canadians in 2011. I know, I know, one year/ trip at a time! But earning Hawaii would be so awesome to be able to make his dream come true.:)

I'm trying to earn Maui for a honeymoon trip. My husband and I were married in September 2009 and he left for BMT for the US Air Force in December 2009. Between all the planning and our baby, we never got a honeymoon. I really want that trip!!

Where is the incentive trip for Canadians??

This is not the first time Hawaii has been the incentive trip. It will be my directors 3rd trip to Hawaii with TPC in her 16 years with the company.

ChefCat said:
This is not the first time Hawaii has been the incentive trip. It will be my directors 3rd trip to Hawaii with TPC in her 16 years with the company.

yay! Hopefully, Hawaii will be Canada's incentive trip in 2011. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely looking forward to Prague (and hopefully, Vienna too) this year. I would love to treat DH to Hawaii in the future, though!!

I agree that it's very confusing to figure out Kit Enhancement for new consultants! I had someone sign on Feb 27th, and we were trying to figure it out. I sent an email to HO asking if her KE month was June (active Mar-May), and all I got back was a cut and paste from the Policy manual, which I had already read.
sigh.

Amy-
June sounds right. Join Feb 27th.....March is 1st full month, April is 2nd full and May is 3rd full. Making 4th full month/ KE = June. HTH

Yeah, hate when I get cut & paste from Solutions Centre. If I'm calling, then mostly likely I need clarification of the P&Ps I already have in my possession. Getting them again, doesn't help:grumpy:

1. How is the 4th month calculated for kit enhancement?

The 4th month for kit enhancement is calculated by taking the date of your initial enrollment and counting forward four months. For example, if you enrolled on January 1st, your 4th month for kit enhancement would be May 1st.

2. Can I choose a different 4th month for my kit enhancement?

No, the 4th month for kit enhancement is automatically calculated based on your enrollment date. It cannot be changed or customized.

3. Will I receive my kit enhancement immediately in my 4th month?

Yes, your kit enhancement will be shipped to you during your 4th month. Keep an eye on your email for shipping notifications and tracking information.

4. What if I miss my 4th month for kit enhancement?

If you miss your 4th month for kit enhancement, you will not be eligible for the kit enhancement for that month. However, you can still earn kit enhancements in future months by meeting the requirements.

5. How do I know if I am eligible for a kit enhancement?

You can check your eligibility for a kit enhancement by looking at your account on the Pampered Chef website. If you have met the requirements for the 4th month, you will see a notification and be able to choose your kit enhancement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76