• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Kiddo's Gonna Be for Halloween?

In summary, Target had a great amount and selection. Prices are very reasonable!How old is your son?We do a Harvest Party with friends and have the kids dress up. DD will be a lady bug, DS will be Thomas. Found both at Goodwill for $8.00 total. Shopko had the same costumes for $39.99 - yikes!How old is your son?He is 5. I let him pick it out. Of course I said no to one. It was some ugly Octopus head pirate guy from Pirates of the Carribean.My son, who is 3, wants to be a monkey....because he was a monkey last year, and doesn't understand there are lots
The 8yo DS changes his mind every day, but keeps going back to the pirate thing... mind you, he has gone as a pirate for the last two years. Oh well!

3yo really doesn't get the whole Halloween thing, but based on his recent phase of doing EVERYTHING just like his big brother, I think he'll end up wanting to be a pirate as well.

I'll end up getting something for the 18 mo old from the consignment store since she REALLY doesn't care.

momoftwins said:
My boy/girl twins are going to be Pooh Bear and the honey pot!
How cute! I hope you'll post a picture for us.

Gina M said:
Well my 6 year old daughter wants to be Ariel (the next princess in a long line of princesses! - she's already been Cinderella, Tinkerbell and Sleeping Beauty and Belle - she loves to play dress up all the time and the costumes are great for that!) - my 10 and almost 13 year olds sons haven't given it much thought yet - I think my oldest may not go out this year - he may rethink when he realizes he won't get the stash of candy! They went as pretty gruesome things last year - did the cute ones when they were little. We'll have to go to Target and check them out!

My girls will for the FIRST time be princesses....Sleeping Beauty for the 7 yr old and Little Mermaid for the 5 yr old. I bought their costumes....and probably spent to much. However, I usually make their costumes so this was a new experience for me! My DS(11) will be a Zombie.....the first scary costume for him. It must be the Middle School effect!

I am not sure what I will be......I SO want to be Ursula!

erinyourpclady said:
I am not sure what I will be......I SO want to be Ursula!
I'm not much of a Disney fan, but Ursula would be an awesome costume! If you made the tentacles as stuffed pieces with wires in them, you could bend them into shapes.
One of the things I always have to consider is how a plus-size person would look in the costume. Ursula would be perfect! No need to worry about upper-arm jiggle. LOL :D

pamperedlinda said:
How cute! I hope you'll post a picture for us.

I will definitely do that.

Last year they were both Tigger! I can't paste that on here (too big) but you can see it on my website.

http://www.picturetrail.com/reser

I guess I should get our costumes made. They're really easy though! :) Black leotards & tights for the girls & grey sweats for my boy.

My 4 year old daughter insists on being a princess....again....
My 1 yo daughter is going to be a monkey & my 6 yo son is going to be "The man with the yellow hat" ~ for all the curious george fans out there!! He's so excited!!

DS (who is 3) has FINALLY decided he wants to be a Firefighter. He has been bouncing back and forth between that, a superhero, or a Dalmatian puppy......I think the firefighter is it though. He has said the same thing for 2 days now when asked what he wants to be......before, he was changing his mind every time we asked.

My two oldest kids are now 20 and 17, way older than these little ones!! Wow...time really does go by fast!! (I'm still getting used to the idea of having a 20 year-old child!!)

I also have a 12 year old son, and he will want to go out, I think. Not sure what he'll want to be yet, though.

When they were little, the elementary school had a halloween parade, where the kids were dismissed from school for about 2 hours. We had to pick them up, take them home, feed them lunch, then return to school with them in their costumes, where they would do a little "parade" in and around the building for the parents' entertainment. It was always fun to see how creative some people got!

Anyway, one of my favorites was a little boy who had a giant "magnet" on him, probably made of cardboard. On it was a bunch of those little "peeps" candies, the chickens you see around Easter time. His costume? He was a "chick magnet"!! Too funny!!

As for my own kids....

One year, David, who has my blue eyes, was dressed in a white sweatsuit, with a homemade "chef's" hat...he was the Pillsbury doughboy!

Another favorite, Jessica and David went dressed as Pebbles and Bam-Bam.

My youngest, Garrett, was really easy one year. He had really blonde hair, brown eyes, and his hair was the "bowl cut". He'd lost a front tooth about a month before halloween. His costume was a pair of denim overalls, with a long-sleeved, green and blue pin-striped shirt underneath. I found a piece of stick outside that was shaped like a letter "y". I attached yarn across the top of it, to resemble a slingshot, and stuck it in his back pocket. His costume? He was Dennis the Menace! In fact, he looked so much like the real thing at that time, I even had to attach a 3 x 5 index card to the front of him with his "title" on it, so people would know he was in costume!! It was too funny! (At trick or treat time, I let him pull a little wagon along, too.)

Now, David is a Senior, and they are allowed to dress up at school when they're a Senior. So far, he's not saying much about doing much. Today, he said he might just "wear a suit"...

We're not into anything gory or scary, just fun things. So...if any of you creative people have any ideas for a very handsome 17 year old, who is about 6'2", and 170 pounds, please feel free to share!!

Thanks!
Paula

My girls are going to be cows that is what my 3 1/2 old daugher wanted to be found them on ebay paid $8 for one and $6.99 for the other, including Shipping. Here is their picture taken at Kiddie Kandids this weekend.

Attachments

• halloween2007.jpg
    halloween2007.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 466
My son is going as Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter books(DS is a cute red head). We already had the costume from the last book release party. DH is going as Lucius Malfoy and I'm going as Bellatrix(or I could be Molly Weasley or Professor Trelawny).

My 5 yo daughter will be a fairy this year... anything to wear pink and carry a wand (she's actually got a little collection going of those)... and 11 yo son will be... oh fudge... I forget... he wanted to be a Tokyo Popstar Schoolgirl but I nixed that due to difficulty in finding the right elements... perhaps next year. I know.. an odd idea for a costume but he's an odd kid! And he loves anime and manga... oh, that's right.. this year he said he wanted to go trick or treating as himself. LOL... that won't be hard at least.

Luke was going to be a pumpkin but he has now decided he wants to be "nothing" and go as himself. Guess we will see what he does when it actually gets here.

jrstephens said:
Luke was going to be a pumpkin but he has now decided he wants to be "nothing" and go as himself. Guess we will see what he does when it actually gets here.

Ahh... another one! LOL...

I have to admit I've pulled that card [dressing as myself] before. The other weekend we attended a kids' Halloween party... I didn't worry about myself other than my socks (I'm obsessed with funky seasonal and holiday inspired socks)... so folks were like "what are you?"... well, I WAS wearing my platform clunkers so I said "Franken-mom" showing my shoes and funky socks.. LOL.. that worked. My son did dress for that though.. he went as a goth... dark polish on the nails... I spraypainted his hair black and it actually fit him well! Black clothes and shoes... and his black cloak from last year of being the grim reaper...

My daughter is going to be Belle from Beauty & the Beast. Her favorite color now is yellow, so she wanted a yellow princess dress. My MIL made it for her. We dyed gloves yellow for her & bought a felt rose from the dollar store for her to carry. We did our Zoo Halloween yesterday & she got to wear it for the first time. My mom & dad have a Halloween party every year & their neighborhood has a Halloween parade (party-Saturday & parade-Sunday), so she'll get to wear her costume 4 times. This is the first year she's going trick or treating (she's 2 1/2) & she is SO excited! My 2 week old is going to be Tigger--a costume that all the cousins born in the fall have been--he'll be the third to wear it!

lkprescott said:
(I'm obsessed with funky seasonal and holiday inspired socks)...QUOTE]

I do this too! I am glad it is getting cool here so I can weare my boots and socks again! I never worrying about matching socks to clothes b/c I just like my colorful and fun socks. i could find my fav halloween ones this morning! i almost wore Christmas!

jrstephens said:
lkprescott said:
(I'm obsessed with funky seasonal and holiday inspired socks)...QUOTE]

I do this too! I am glad it is getting cool here so I can weare my boots and socks again! I never worrying about matching socks to clothes b/c I just like my colorful and fun socks. i could find my fav halloween ones this morning! i almost wore Christmas!

Know what's really sad? Last night I went to a discussion group meeting wearing socks that matched my nailpolish (black with purple skull and crossbones on them for the holiday and a diamond almost argyle look to them when you first take a look at 'em)... or was it I painted my nails to match my socks. I'm sucha dork. :blushing:

jrstephens said:

My son 2-last year refused to wear a costume too. He was supposed to be Diego, my aunt made him a vest and everyhting so he could wear regular clothes. But nada!! This year she is making him a black cat costume and he tried it on last night so she could finish it and at this point its highly unlikely that he is going to wear it either. What are we gonna do with them.:D

My little guy who is 1 is going to be a lion and my other little boy who is 3 is going to be a monkey the lion costume I bought over the summer at a yard sale for $5 and the monkey costume was a great hand me down from a friend, I love great bargains! I have thought about dressing up with the boys but I can't think of anything that I have in the closet that would cost me nothing to wear with them. Maybe one of you wonderful ladies have an idea.

MelB said:
My little guy who is 1 is going to be a lion and my other little boy who is 3 is going to be a monkey the lion costume I bought over the summer at a yard sale for $5 and the monkey costume was a great hand me down from a friend, I love great bargains! I have thought about dressing up with the boys but I can't think of anything that I have in the closet that would cost me nothing to wear with them. Maybe one of you wonderful ladies have an idea.

Could you find a workshirt (perhaps from hubby or at a Goodwill) and make a zoo sign to put on the shirt. You could go as the zookeeper! LOL..

lkprescott said:
jrstephens said:
Know what's really sad? Last night I went to a discussion group meeting wearing socks that matched my nailpolish (black with purple skull and crossbones on them for the holiday and a diamond almost argyle look to them when you first take a look at 'em)... or was it I painted my nails to match my socks. I'm sucha dork. :blushing:

Ok I admit that is sad!!! HAHA!! joking!:D

<h2>1. What are the most popular Halloween costumes for kids this year?</h2><p>The most popular Halloween costumes for kids this year are superheroes, such as the Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, and Spiderman. Other popular options include characters from popular movies and TV shows like Frozen, Paw Patrol, and Toy Story.</p><h2>2. Where is the best place to find Halloween costumes for kids?</h2><p>Target is a great place to find Halloween costumes for kids. They have a wide selection and offer affordable prices. Other popular places to find kids' costumes include Walmart, Party City, and online retailers like Amazon and Spirit Halloween.</p><h2>3. How much should I expect to spend on a Halloween costume for my child?</h2><p>The cost of a Halloween costume for a child can vary depending on the retailer and the costume itself. On average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $20 to $50 on a costume. However, there are also more affordable options available for under $20 at places like Target and Walmart.</p><h2>4. What are some good costume ideas for young children?</h2><p>For young children, popular costume options include animals, princesses, and classic Halloween characters like ghosts, witches, and vampires. You can also get creative and make your own costume using items you already have at home.</p><h2>5. When is the best time to start looking for Halloween costumes for kids?</h2><p>It's best to start looking for Halloween costumes for kids a few weeks before Halloween to ensure you have enough time to find the perfect costume. However, if you have a specific costume in mind, it's best to start looking even earlier as popular costumes tend to sell out quickly.</p>

1. What are the most popular Halloween costumes for kids this year?

The most popular Halloween costumes for kids this year are superheroes, such as the Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, and Spiderman. Other popular options include characters from popular movies and TV shows like Frozen, Paw Patrol, and Toy Story.

2. Where is the best place to find Halloween costumes for kids?

Target is a great place to find Halloween costumes for kids. They have a wide selection and offer affordable prices. Other popular places to find kids' costumes include Walmart, Party City, and online retailers like Amazon and Spirit Halloween.

3. How much should I expect to spend on a Halloween costume for my child?

The cost of a Halloween costume for a child can vary depending on the retailer and the costume itself. On average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $20 to $50 on a costume. However, there are also more affordable options available for under $20 at places like Target and Walmart.

4. What are some good costume ideas for young children?

For young children, popular costume options include animals, princesses, and classic Halloween characters like ghosts, witches, and vampires. You can also get creative and make your own costume using items you already have at home.

5. When is the best time to start looking for Halloween costumes for kids?

It's best to start looking for Halloween costumes for kids a few weeks before Halloween to ensure you have enough time to find the perfect costume. However, if you have a specific costume in mind, it's best to start looking even earlier as popular costumes tend to sell out quickly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • sk8rgrrl99