• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your Halloween Show Ideas!

In summary, the cake is made with a white cake, a checkerboard insert, and food coloring to create the different colors. The cake is then frosted to match. When the cake is cut into pie-shaped pieces, it looks like a candy corn.
missyciccolella
I have several hosts interested in doing a Halloween Theme Show. FYI there are TONS are wonderful ideas in the files!
I was curious if anyone had a great show idea/recipe centered around Halloween (or if you did a great one last year) that you would be willing to share. I'm really curious about what works and what doesn't (like coming in costume). Thanks!

I didn't do this last year, but I am planning on doing a pumpkin cake using the fluted pan. I can't wait to do it this year, I am going to try to talk all of my Oct hosts into it, so maybe I can sell a few fluted pans just for Halloween.

mpkegley said:
I didn't do this last year, but I am planning on doing a pumpkin cake using the fluted pan. I can't wait to do it this year, I am going to try to talk all of my Oct hosts into it, so maybe I can sell a few fluted pans just for Halloween.

I did that last year and it was cute! I think I followed directions from one I found on Krafts Food. I know I used an ice cream cone and covered it with green frosting for the stem.

I also made spider cakes to take to my DS baby sitter. Bake the cakes in the prep bowls, frost with black icing, used black licorioce for the legs and red hots for the eyes. THEY WERE SO CUTE! I love them!

I may make mini pumpkins this year b/c Luke is loving pumpkins this year since he helped his Pop plant some.

I LOVE the spider cake idea! That would also be cute to decorate at a show.

What do you use for the mini pumpkins? to decorate?

Those are cute ideas. All I did last year was fill a prep bowl up with candy corn and give it to my host.

I love the spider cakes! I think I will use the mini-fluted pan and let the guests decorate a cake of their own. My first Halloween show is the end of this month so I'll keep you posted!

The only problem with using the mini fluted pan is that we don't carry it anymore and you might have a problem with someone wanting to buy one and then finding out that they can't.

In the new Parents magazine, they have a wonderful idea! Bake a chocolate cake in the fluted pan (microwave if you want) and let it cool. Take a can of chocolate frosting and frost with the spreader. Take some cocolate cookies (oreos, chocolate cookies or wafers) and using meat tenderizer or baker's roller - crush cookies. Place the cookies all over the cake. Here's the Halloween part. Take gummy worms, body parts (In the Halloween candy aisle), such as eye balls, bones, etc and place them all over the cake. Finally, take a rubber glove and fill it up with mini marshmallows and clip it shut with a Twixit clip. Using a red marker, place blood all over it and using black marker, make black fingernails. Take red gel coloring and make blood all over the cake.

I thought this is a wonderful idea for a Halloween show!

chefpenny99 said:
The only problem with using the mini fluted pan is that we don't carry it anymore and you might have a problem with someone wanting to buy one and then finding out that they can't.
I totally forgot that! My mind is so many other places at times:balloon:

Candy Corn CakeSo, I love to do this cake. Make a 1 layer white cake with the checkerboard insert. use food coloring (or wilton cake dye) and color the outside ring yellow, color the second ring orange and leave the center white. after baking, frost the cake to match. then when you cut the pie shaped pieces, you get a piece that looks like a candy corn.

Braid Mummy

Take and make braid or bread (Pizza Twists) into Mummy shape before baking.

Thanks!
stayinathomemama said:
So, I love to do this cake. Make a 1 layer white cake with the checkerboard insert. use food coloring (or wilton cake dye) and color the outside ring yellow, color the second ring orange and leave the center white. after baking, frost the cake to match. then when you cut the pie shaped pieces, you get a piece that looks like a candy corn.
Thank you for reminding me of this! I think I saw a photo of this cake last year and I've been exercising my mind to remember what it was exactly! YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

I just scheduled a show for October 31. I think my demo will be a rather interupted event. I am watching this thread for tips and ideas. May as well go in fully. I think I will make the guests dress up. What in the world will I dress up as?

Queen of the Kitchen. :) Then you can wear your apron, just add a crown.

jrstephens said:
I also made spider cakes to take to my DS baby sitter. Bake the cakes in the prep bowls, frost with black icing, used black licorioce for the legs and red hots for the eyes. THEY WERE SO CUTE! I love them!

I may make mini pumpkins this year b/c Luke is loving pumpkins this year since he helped his Pop plant some.
I've done both recipes for my DD halloween mommy and me parties they turned out really cute for both!

It's on the outlet now though!!!

chefpenny99 said:

I'm collecting Halloween ideas for my cluster meeting on Tuesday, and I'll post here any that I find elsewhere.

These are from past Halloweens with PC.

Oven Caramel Corn

2 Cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
6 qts popped corn (exactly what the large stainless steel bowl holds. 24 cups)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes in large Roasting pan. Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda. Pour over the popped corn and stir well. ( may add 1-2 cups of nuts at this time also!) Pour mixture back into Roasting Pan (if using another pan, make sure you butter it very well!- but no need to butter with Roasting Pan!). Place in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir about every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Store in covered containers to keep crisp.
I add a couple cups of salted cashews and 1 bag of candy corn to the cooled caramel corn. It adds a couple of additional flavor and texture elements. And it looks good. :) Seasonal M&M's are also good mixed in.

Mummy Spread
Use any cheeseball-type spread recipe. Instead of forming into a ball, form into a rough body shape. Mix another 8 ounce package of cream cheese with some pressed garlic or garlic powder. Beat with bamboo spoon to get really soft and mix in some air. Fill Decorator Bottle with cream cheese mixture; fit with basketweave tip. Use smooth side of tip to pipe cream cheese "bandages" over the cheesebody, so that it looks like a mummy. Serve with crackers.

Pumpkin Cake
Make a pumpkin cake in Stoneware Fluted Pan. Turn out. Frost with orange frosting. Place a green ice cream cone into the center to make a stem.

(mmm... that reminds me- I need to look up my pumpkin bar recipe. Yum!)

Almost any food can become Halloween food by changing the name. Instead of Crab Rangoon Dip, call it Bloody Fingers Dip. Taffy Apple Pizza is Taffy Guts Pizza. Cran-Raspberry Fizz = Blood Fizz.

Hey Ann, I also made these at my show on Sun - Monster Eyes. Not my idea and someone emailed me this recipe.

Baked Monster Eyes

These monster eyeballs are cute and tasty and take only 10 minutes in the oven. They are also very easy to make and kids adore them. They are an easy variation on tacos and make an adorable main dish or appetizer for any party. For a less monstrous look, chop the olives and mix the taco sauce with the sour cream before filling. Top with the cheese and tortilla chips. This is a mild kid friendly seasoning mix. For a more adult mixture, feel free to add more seasoning and more taco sauce or hot pepper sauce.

1 pound lean ground beef
2 tablespoons taco seasoning (I used Southwestern Seasoning)
2 tablespoons ice water
1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese (or cheddar, Monterrey jack, or Colby)
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 cup sour cream (Again mixed in Southwestern Seasoning)
32 black olive halves
taco sauce or salsa (not too chunky) - I suggest taco sauce

Shred cheese with cheese shredder into cheese container. Put tortilla chips in zip-loc bag and roll with baker dough roller or chop in food chopper. Mix in with cheese in small batter bowl. Slice black olives in egg slicer for open pupil, or slice olives in half with utility or paring knife for solid pupil. In large classic mixing bowl mix together the ground beef, taco seasoning, and ice water (measured out with measuring spoon). Press into 32 mini tart muffin tins. Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of the pans with tart shaper. Sprinkle the cheese/chips mixture over the bottom and sides of the beef mixture, gently pressing into the beef if necessary to hold the mixture on the sides. With Easy Accent Decorator, squirt a dollop of sour cream into each meat cup. Top with a half olive, cut side up. Fill the cavity in the olive with the taco sauce. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve hot.

I didn't get to try one as the guests ate them all!

mpkegley said:
In the new Parents magazine, they have a wonderful idea!
I thought this is a wonderful idea for a Halloween show!

I get the same magazine... I ripped those pages out!!!

Here's a hand-out I put together for my meeting. It doesn't have everything people posted here. All the ideas are from the Kraft website, so they include brand names. Feel free to modify them. :)

Attachments

• Halloween Ideas.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 618
stayinathomemama said:
So, I love to do this cake. Make a 1 layer white cake with the checkerboard insert. use food coloring (or wilton cake dye) and color the outside ring yellow, color the second ring orange and leave the center white. after baking, frost the cake to match. then when you cut the pie shaped pieces, you get a piece that looks like a candy corn.

I did this last year ... it is sooooooooooo cool!!!

missyciccolella said:
I have several hosts interested in doing a Halloween Theme Show. FYI there are TONS are wonderful ideas in the files!
I was curious if anyone had a great show idea/recipe centered around Halloween (or if you did a great one last year) that you would be willing to share. I'm really curious about what works and what doesn't (like coming in costume). Thanks!

I am new to this site, where are the files you refer to? I have someone who just last night wants to do a Halloween open house with Halloween ideas, there are a lot of great ones here too!

chef.nancy said:
I am new to this site, where are the files you refer to? I have someone who just last night wants to do a Halloween open house with Halloween ideas, there are a lot of great ones here too!
Nancy, near the top of the page, there's a maroon bar with links in it. One says "files." Click that. Then you can search for "Halloween" and find stuff that other users have posted.

Another variation on the spider cakes made in the prep bowl: make some white chocolate instant pudding, dye it green, and use the EAD to insert into the cakes before you frost them. Spider inards!

:) leggy (guess the nickname is appropriate for this post)

1. How can I incorporate Halloween into my Pampered Chef party?

There are many fun ways to add a touch of Halloween to your Pampered Chef party. You could create themed recipes using our products, such as pumpkin-shaped cookies or monster-themed pizza. You could also decorate your party space with Halloween decorations and set up a spooky photo booth for guests to take pictures with their food. Finally, consider offering themed prizes or gifts for guests who attend in costume.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make Halloween treats with my kids?

Absolutely! Our products are designed to be easy to use and family-friendly. You could make Halloween-themed snacks like mummy hot dogs or witch's brew punch using our products. You could also involve your kids in the cooking process by having them help decorate the treats or create their own spooky designs.

3. What are some Halloween-themed products or recipes that Pampered Chef offers?

We have a variety of products and recipes that are perfect for Halloween. Our pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter and spooky silicone molds allow you to create fun and festive treats. We also have recipes for pumpkin spice truffles, ghostly cupcakes, and more on our website. Don't forget to check out our limited edition Halloween-themed products, such as our pumpkin-shaped stoneware and haunted house cookie cutters.

4. Can I host a virtual Halloween party with Pampered Chef?

Yes, you can! With our virtual party option, you can still share your Halloween show ideas and products with your friends and family, even if you can't be together in person. You could have a virtual cooking class where everyone makes the same Halloween recipe, or you could have a virtual costume contest with prizes for the most creative costumes. The possibilities are endless!

5. How can I make my Halloween Pampered Chef party unique and memorable?

There are many ways to make your Halloween Pampered Chef party stand out. You could have a themed menu, such as a "Witches' Brew Brunch" or "Spooky Snack Attack." You could also have a pumpkin carving or decorating contest, or a blind taste test of Halloween-themed foods. Don't forget to have fun and get creative with decorations and games to make your party a memorable experience for your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Saturday Gourmet