• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Halloween Show, Need Ideas, But........

In summary, Lisa's Sunday afternoon show hostess wants her guests to come in costume and she expects Lisa to come in costume. Lisa doesn't know what the catagory is, but she does not want the Cornbread Chipoltle Cups that she begged for. Lisa has to come up with 2 recipes for a theme show that she wasn't planning on. She also does not like Halloween and does not enjoy it as a child. Her suggestions for a Halloween costume are to wear a headband from Walmart/Target or go as a Chef. Her recipe idea is to make a pumpkin cake in the fluted pan.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
Hi all,
I've just been informed by my Sunday afternoon show hostess, she's calling all the guests and asking them to come in costume and she expects me to come in costume :grumpy: , and we're going to have a who's the ?? contest. She never did tell me the catagory, scary, creepy, prettiest, ugliest, ??

Anyway, she also doens't want the Cornbread Chipoltle Cups she'd picked out and begged for, as they are not SCARY enough, or themey enough,
so HELP me, I generally do a main dish and a dessert and now I've got to come up with 2 recipes for a theme show I wasn't planning on. :confused:

What's worse, I really dislike Halloween, I didn't even enjoy it as a child and I think it's 'cause of those nasty mask costumes that our mom could afford that felt like someone was sucking all your air...........I to this day, hate to wear even a scraf around my face. Ugh.

Please give me ideas, but not way out crazy ones, as I've got to run and get ingredients for this too.

THanks,

Lisa

you can make a "pumpkin" cake in the fluted pan.....use an ice cream cone as the stem!

Halloween theme shows can be a lot of fun! Think positively about it. As far as a costume for you, if you don't like it, you don't have to go overboard. Do something simple like wear a headband from Walmart/Target. They have them in black cat, or tiger, or bunny. It feels just like your wearing a regular head band. OR... go as a Chef! That's pretty simple and I know you already have an apron :)

Now recipe... really anything can be made into a Halloween recipe idea. I love the pumpkin suggestion above as I've also done this and it shows off the stonware and how it can be baked in the microwave as well as the oven. Cook one in each or one in the oven ahead of time in the oven before you go, then do one in the micro at the show to save on time. Also, I had Halloween theme show last week and we just turned the Three Cheese Garden Pizza into a scary Halloween face with the vegie toppings. We made it on the large round stone instead of the bar pan to give it the pumpkin shape and then used the tomatoes/onions/etc. to create eyes and a smile. It was lots of fun!

Tomato Basil Scares (Squares) and Great Pumpkin Cake or Trifle

I'm making Spinach Car-BONE-ara pizza tomorrow. :)

Go to the files section and type in Halloween, pumpkin, fall, etc...ideas until you find something fun. Try to have fun.
Deb

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Hi all,
I've just been informed by my Sunday afternoon show hostess, she's calling all the guests and asking them to come in costume and she expects me to come in costume :grumpy: , and we're going to have a who's the ?? contest. She never did tell me the catagory, scary, creepy, prettiest, ugliest, ??

Anyway, she also doens't want the Cornbread Chipoltle Cups she'd picked out and begged for, as they are not SCARY enough, or themey enough,
so HELP me, I generally do a main dish and a dessert and now I've got to come up with 2 recipes for a theme show I wasn't planning on. :confused:

What's worse, I really dislike Halloween, I didn't even enjoy it as a child and I think it's 'cause of those nasty mask costumes that our mom could afford that felt like someone was sucking all your air...........I to this day, hate to wear even a scraf around my face. Ugh.

Please give me ideas, but not way out crazy ones, as I've got to run and get ingredients for this too.

THanks,

Lisa

Oh I have some Ideas! Give me a minute to find them and I will post!!!

Ok... First I have to agree with you though about Halloween... Not my favorite by far but My BIL has a birthday just a few days before Halloween so 2 years ago my sister threw him a Surprise Party and it was Halloween dress up kind of party! We made a roll/ring and at the end used 2 olives for eyes and then a bellpepper slice (red) for the tounge
Here is a picture (hopefully I will attach it correctly) Just called my mom and this is a double stromboli in this picture with I think egg wash on top for the shine!!

Attachments

• snakering.jpg
    snakering.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
Oh and as a cake you can use the bundt cake.... then use orange icing and for the stick of the pumpkin we used a Little Debbie Ho-Ho type of treat... I will post the picture of the party foods and you can see the cake in the back left hand corner.

Oh and the thing in the back was a Enchilada bake and the sour cream was the spider web. You could do that in our stoneware....

Attachments

• table.jpg
    table.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 382
You can go as a Pampered Chef Consultant.

Here's the instructions for making the pumpkin cake. I made this last year (used carrot cake as the cake part) and it was very good.

Attachments

• Great Pumpkin Cake.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 403
You can also do an easy trifle with brownie or choc cake, choc pudding, and cool whip colored orange...

There is a recipe on Pillsbury.com that is a Halloween Cookie Pizza...I LOVE IT & I'm making it for my show this Sunday! I tried to cope & paste, but the pic did not come out so here is the link...

http://www.pillsbury.com/search/searchresults.aspx/?Refinement=Halloween&RefinementId=4294967226&

Wow! Thanks for sharing that site Ginger....there are TONS of cool Halloween ideas on there!

KellyTheChef said:
Wow! Thanks for sharing that site Ginger....there are TONS of cool Halloween ideas on there!

I LOVE that site....:love:

Do the Candy Cane Lollipops, but use orange candy melts in place of the chocolate, and use hallowe'en coloured sprinkles. I posted up the recipe that you can print onto trimmed scrapbooking paper (trim to 8 1/2" x 11" to fit your printer) - just change the colour to Hallowe'en colours. Orange ribbon to attach and voila! If kids are there, they can help too!

Maybe try and make the Snowman cake from the Festive Holiday Desserts cookbook, but make him look more like a mummy???

Maybe make the CranRazz Fizz and put weird ice cubes in it and spiders, etc....

Have fun and good luck!

You could make cakes in the prep bowls and decorate them as bugs/spiders. Even the mini muffing pan could be used to make a bunch of bugs!

THanks so much for all the helpful ideas.

I got myself all ready and I was going to make the Snake Stromboli and a pumpkin cake, and hostess called me yesterday, literally as I was finalizing packing kit, "Lisa, I need to cancel my show"

I was in shock, when I'd talked to her earlier in week she had about 10-15 coming,

SO I asked her if everything was ok, as she's got a little one who's been very sick. She was "Oh yeah, just no one's coming and I really don't have $ to buy food, so just don't come"

Now, I'm not really happy, as I've wasted all this time and effort and I've got all the ingredients, as I buy to do prep and they reimburse me at show, so now I've got all the ingredients, ugh.

MInd you, this is a repeat hostess, so I'm just very very frustrated.

Well at least I got some Box Tops cut for the school yesterday afternoon. (Don't ever volunteer for that job)

God Bless everyone who checked this and gave me ideas. I did put them all in a file for future use.

Thanks again,

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
THanks so much for all the helpful ideas.

I got myself all ready and I was going to make the Snake Stromboli and a pumpkin cake, and hostess called me yesterday, literally as I was finalizing packing kit, "Lisa, I need to cancel my show"

I was in shock, when I'd talked to her earlier in week she had about 10-15 coming,

SO I asked her if everything was ok, as she's got a little one who's been very sick. She was "Oh yeah, just no one's coming and I really don't have $ to buy food, so just don't come"

Now, I'm not really happy, as I've wasted all this time and effort and I've got all the ingredients, as I buy to do prep and they reimburse me at show, so now I've got all the ingredients, ugh.

MInd you, this is a repeat hostess, so I'm just very very frustrated.

Well at least I got some Box Tops cut for the school yesterday afternoon. (Don't ever volunteer for that job)

God Bless everyone who checked this and gave me ideas. I did put them all in a file for future use.

Thanks again,

Lisa

I'm so sorry Lisa!

My thinking is they probably all cancelled after she called and sprung on them that they had to come in costume. That's not something you do last minute.
It's one thing to be invited to a costume party...but to rsvp for a PC party, and then be told a couple days before the party that you have to wear a costume...I can see where that would not go over well with many people.

Maybe you could make what you were going to prepare for the party and take it to the teachers at your school. Maybe ask if some of them would be interested in doing a catalog show.

jillbean said:
Maybe you could make what you were going to prepare for the party and take it to the teachers at your school. Maybe ask if some of them would be interested in doing a catalog show.

Oh that sounds like fun.

Maybe I'll do that, what I was going to do was add one recipe to tonight's show (as a freebie) and then other to my show later in week.

I'll have to see what works best

Thanks again,

Lisa

muffetts said:
Do the Candy Cane Lollipops, but use orange candy melts in place of the chocolate, and use hallowe'en coloured sprinkles. I posted up the recipe that you can print onto trimmed scrapbooking paper (trim to 8 1/2" x 11" to fit your printer) - just change the colour to Hallowe'en colours. Orange ribbon to attach and voila! If kids are there, they can help too!

Maybe try and make the Snowman cake from the Festive Holiday Desserts cookbook, but make him look more like a mummy???

Maybe make the CranRazz Fizz and put weird ice cubes in it and spiders, etc....

Have fun and good luck!

I made the Candy Cane lollipops for a cluster meeting this past week and did just that. I used orange and purple candy melts and halloween sprinkles (they have them at wal-mart). I just used regular lollipop sticks but I thought later you could use pretzel sticks or something else. Sometimes you can find stick candy in different colors/flavors. One thing I did, too, that was an extra was that I melted some of the candy melts in the batter bowl and then poured them into a plastic sandwich baggie and secured it with a twixit clip. Then I snipped the end and drizzled it over the pops (I used purple drizzle on the orange coated pops and vice versa). Hope that helps!

I also made the taco ring last year for our family's annual Halloween party in the shape of a snake. The kids thought it was gross, but it looked really cool!

What are some Halloween-themed recipe ideas for a Pampered Chef show?

Some popular Halloween recipes for a Pampered Chef show include spooky spider web dip, mummy hot dogs, ghostly grilled cheese, and witch's brew punch. You can also use Halloween-shaped cookie cutters to make festive treats like pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies or bat-shaped ham and cheese sandwiches.

Can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my Halloween decorations?

Yes, you can! Some ideas include using the Rockcrok Dutch oven as a cauldron for punch, using the Quick Slice to make pumpkin-shaped fruit trays, or using the Cut-N-Seal to make spooky shaped sandwiches. You can also use the Pampered Chef Decorator Bottle Set to add fun and festive designs to your Halloween treats.

How can I make my Halloween Pampered Chef show more interactive for my guests?

One idea is to have a pumpkin carving or decorating station using the Pampered Chef carving tools and stencils. You can also have a "witch's brew" cocktail making station using the Quick-Stir Pitcher and Cocktail Muddler. Another interactive activity could be a Halloween-themed cooking competition using Pampered Chef products.

Are there any special discounts or promotions for Pampered Chef products during Halloween time?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers special deals and discounts during the Halloween season. These can include discounts on certain products or bundles, free shipping, or free gifts with purchase. Be sure to check the website or ask your consultant for any current promotions.

Can I still host a Halloween-themed Pampered Chef show if I'm not a fan of scary or gory decorations?

Absolutely! You can still have a fun and festive Halloween show without incorporating scary or gory elements. Instead, focus on cute and playful Halloween decorations and recipes. You can also offer alternative options for guests who may not enjoy the spooky aspect of Halloween, such as pumpkin carving with non-scary designs or making fall-themed recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • jenwallace