• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Halloween Show Ideas: Oct 30 & 31 Available

In summary, the conversation discusses available dates for a Halloween show and asks for ideas for Halloween-themed recipes. Multiple suggestions are made, including using pumpkin for recipes and renaming the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip to a "Halloweeny" name. One person suggests searching in the files section for ideas, and another mentions using the Creative Cutters to make pumpkin-shaped chips for a dip. One person shares a recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets.
redsoxgirl
Oct 30 (and I suppose 31) are available dates for me.

Any thoughts on a Halloween show?
Obvioulsy people could dress up, but any other ideas?

redsoxgirl said:
Oct 30 (and I suppose 31) are available dates for me.

Any thoughts on a Halloween show?
Obvioulsy people could dress up, but any other ideas?

I think the new Taffy Apple Tartlets make a great fall/halloween theme recipe!

Those look so good!!

Okay so bumping for myself now...

Other than the Taffy Apple tartlets (host is "not so sure" about those), does anyone else have any recipe ideas that are "halloweenie"?

Pumpkin Pie ala Easy
Pumpkin Trifle
Spiced Pumpkin Dip
Pumpkin Gems
... to think of a few. (Recipes should be in the files section)

Almost anything pumpkin, I would think.

How about renaming the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip some kind of ooey gooey name...I am not very clever with that kind of stuff, but I am sure someone can come up with a Halloween type name. Hot & Bubbly Witch's Dip??

Mini-Cheeseburgers with Ketchup oozing out (like blood??) Though I won't make these at a show.

Search Halloween in the Files section, tons of ideas come up! :)

Check out the check out counter at your grocery store. They always have those little mini magazines full of recipes and ideas for halloween themed foods and stuff. Pick up on of those and pick out some recipes that you can incorporate some of the tools into, most recipes would incorporate either cookware or stoneware (cooking) the tools (prep) and SA for serving. If you did the cakes or cupcakes listed in most of those recipe books you could show off your stoneware as a lead into your Nov host specials ;)

kam said:
Search Halloween in the Files section, tons of ideas come up! :)

I couldn't find a whole lot there as far as Halloween goes. I was hoping to get a few extra (or newer) ideas here.

I may offer her something pumpkin. We'll see.

Keep the ideas coming! Thanks!

I don't know how to find it, but I'm almost sure its in the files...Its a cake made in the fluted Stone in the microwave & turned upside down & decorated its looks like a pumpkin....HTH

kam said:
How about renaming the Bread Bowl Artichoke Dip some kind of ooey gooey name...I am not very clever with that kind of stuff, but I am sure someone can come up with a Halloween type name. Hot & Bubbly Witch's Dip??
Bubbling Cauldron, Oozing Wound or Oozing Cauldron LoL I was thinking of making that here, I always make something the kids will think is gross. I made a "snake sandwich" 2 years in row and I might add the "Ooozing wound" as an appetizer LoL! Hehehe I love creeping out my kids :yuck:

kam said:
Pumpkin Pie ala Easy
Pumpkin Trifle
Spiced Pumpkin Dip
Pumpkin Gems
... to think of a few. (Recipes should be in the files section)

Almost anything pumpkin, I would think.

Mini-Cheeseburgers with Ketchup oozing out (like blood??) Though I won't make these at a show.

Where is the pumpkin pie ala easy and pumpkin gems? Bread bowl thing sounds good too.

I have a show mid-October that she is gonna turn into a big party and dress up time. We are gonna do a trifle of some sort (probably choc cake or brownies, choc pudding, cool whip colored orange, etc) as the demo

One more use for the Creative Cutters that has been a big hit at my shows.....

I have been using the pumpkin cutter to cut the flour tortillas to make pumpkin chips. Then I use the kitchen spritzer filled with orange water (just add food coloring - I use the gel) to tint them orange before I sprinkle them with the cinnamon/sugar. They do get a little wetter this way but it doesn't matter. They still crisp up just fine. Then I serve them with the filling (as a dip) from the Spicy Pumpkin Tartlet recipe on the Simple Additions. They think the chips are store bought and they can't believe the dip is so easy. I just tell them the dip is "A can, a box, a tub and a teaspoon". This has also been selling the Cinnamon Plus.

The recipe for the dip is:

1 can of Pumpkin
1 box of Cheesecake pudding
1 8oz tub of Cool Whip
1 teaspoon of our Cinnamon Plus Seasoning

Other variations might be:

Apple shaped chips spritzed red and served with the apple berry salsa

Hot pepper shaped chips salted with regular salsa .... you get the idea.

Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets
Submitted by RINI
Ingredients:
1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend
1 package (3.4 ounces) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
Powdered sugar (optional)
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1 small orange (optional)
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Allow pie crusts to stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Roll 1 crust into a 12-inch circle. Using a scalloped bread tube, cut out 12 pastry pieces (9 from outer edge and 3 from center of pastry circle); press 1 into each cup of a stoneware muffin pan. Prick bottom of pastry with pastry tool. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove tart shells from pan to cooling rack; cool completely. Repeat with remaining crust to make 24 tart shells.
2. Meanwhile, combine pumpkin, whipped topping and spice blend in a bowl; whisk until smooth. Add pudding mix; whisk until smooth and thickened. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Lightly sprinkle tart shells with powdered sugar, if desired. Attach open star tip to a decorator; fill with pumpkin mixture. Pipe into tart shells. Chop pecans; sprinkle over tartlets. Zest orange; sprinkle zest over tartlets, if desired.
Yield: 24 tartlets
Nutrients per serving: (1 tartlet): Calories 120, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 120 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Cook's Tip: Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the Cinnamon Plus Spice Blend, if desired.
Tart shells and filling can be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Store shells in resealable plastic food storage bag at room temperature. Store filling, covered, in the refrigerator; fill tart shells just before serving.

Pumpkin Pie a la Easy

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2/3 cup butter or margarine melted
4 eggs
2 cans (15 oz. each) solid pack pumpkin
2 cans (14 oz. each) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. salt
Thawed frozen whipped topping (optional)
Pecan Halves (Optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In classic 2 - qt. batter bowl combine flour, oats and brown sugar. Chop pecans using the food chopper. Add to batter bowl. Melt butter in covered micro-cooker on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add to dry ingredients; mix well. Press mixture into the bottom of Stoneware Bar Pan. Bake 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, lightly beat eaggs in batter bowl using stainless steel whisk. Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, spices and salt; whisk til smooth. Pour over crust. Bake 30-35 minutes or until filling is set and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool at room temperature. Cut into squares. Serve with the mini-serving spatula. Garnish squares with whipped topping using the easy accent decorator, pecan halves and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired. Refrigerate any leftover pie squares.
Yield: 24 servings.
(Recipe from the discontinued Pampered Chef More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook)

I'm looking for ideas too as I have a show booked for the 29th and the host booked that date especially for a Halloween show, so I better make it good!! :)

i found this on here i think when i first joined CS & ive been saving it all this time. thanks to this thread i just remembered it & i have a show booked for oct 25th. i might forward it on to my host..

Attachments

• halloween2[1].pdf
    203 KB · Views: 419
ps. the mini fluted pan is used in one of the recipes which is still on the outlet -- could boost some outlet sales.

confusedturtle said:
Bubbling Cauldron, Oozing Wound or Oozing Cauldron LoL I was thinking of making that here, I always make something the kids will think is gross. I made a "snake sandwich" 2 years in row and I might add the "Ooozing wound" as an appetizer LoL! Hehehe I love creeping out my kids :yuck:

Bubbling Cauldron: I think I will use that! Thanks!

Oh my Kelly...even if I don't DO the Tartlets at my show, I will FOR SURE make those at home! They sound so good!

Quick Pumpkin Spice cake (I think it's in Delightful Desserts cookbook) Mini-fluted, two together make pumpkin. Leaves/stem can be made out of starburst candy or colored taffy/tootsie rolls. Cut leaves with creative cutter.If you don't have the mini-fluted pan, you can make 1/2 a large pumpkin w/ the regular fluted pan.Since I didn't see these suggestions above, I'm copying the text from an email my director sent last year:Subject: Fall and Halloween IdeasMake your Halloween less scary with these quick tips! Sprinkle Cinnamon and nutmeg all over the inside of your pumpkin. When the candle is lit it will smell like pumpkin pie. * When your pumpkin starts to look a little shriveled place the ENTIRE pumpkin into a sink or bucket of warm water. After an hour or so it will expand back and look fresh! This is a great tip so you can enjoy your pumpkin longer.
* Use the Zester-Scorer to score "hair" that will show when pumpkin is lit.
* Use V-Shaped Cutter for eyes & teeth.
* The corer cuts round eyes or the chimney on top to let the smoke out.
* For those who cut their pumpkins on the top, the Cake Tester puts the lit match down to the candle.
* Batter Bowl makes a pumpkin cake; or turns Barbie into a Witch
* For safer popcorn balls w/ no hard kernels, Place Non-stick cooling Rack over your popcorn bowl, invert & shake--the unpopped kernels drop out.
* Chop leftover Halloween candy with Food Chopper and store in freezer. Great additions to muffins, cakes, and icings for kids of all ages.The following are some fun Halloween recipes...some could be used in your kitchen demos..others are just 'spooky' fun for the season. Enjoy sharing them this month!!Gummy Worms
You take your apple peels (from the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer) and throw them in a zip lock bag (do this will they are still real moist) then pour in your favorite flavor of DRY Jell-O. Close it up and shake real good, so the peels are well coated. Then lay them out on a flat stone and bake at 250 for 30-45 minutes (depending on the amount of peels) I tell this at most of my shows. These are the best gummy worms and they are nutritious since they are made with apple peels and not just sugar. Also, when you peel the apple, you throw away most of the nutrition, this way you don't. This is the only way I can get my kids to eat apple peels.Tarantula CakeBake 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix in the 2-qt Batter Bowl and about half of another in the 1-qt Batter Bowl. Turn them upside down (after they have baked and cooled.) The 2-qt is the "body" part and 1-qt is the "head" part. Use brown sprinkles for "hair" and black licorice strips for legs. Black gumdrops for eyes.Witch's Hats
Bag of Hershey kisses
Bag of Fudge Stripe Cookies (the kind with a chocolate side and stripes on the other side)
If desired, a tube of orange frosting (the small tube with a fine tip works best)
Unwrap a kiss. Turn over a cookie so that the plain chocolate side is face up. Either use a dab of fluff or peanut butter on the center of the bottom of the kiss (or frosting) Place kiss in the middle of the cookie. Add a band and bow with orange frosting. There you have it, a Witch's Hat!Spider Web BrowniesMake brownies in the Rectangular Baker according to package directions. Frost with whipped topping using the Easy Accent Decorator and Large Spreader. Drizzle melted chocolate (your Micro Cooker will make this easy) in circles over the Cool Whip. Drag the Cake Tester through chocolate to look like a spider web.Fruity Witches' BrewMix grape and orange Kool-Aid in Quick Stir Pitcher, float gummy worms on top.Witch's Brew:pour green or orange punch or soda in a plastic cauldron. And then add the witch's icy-cold hand. Fill a plastic glove (like the ones used for serving food) with punch or water, freeze, and then carefully peel the glove off before placing the ice in the punch.Goblin FrostiesUsing the V-Shaped Cutter, cut off the top 1/3 of an orange crosswise to make a hat. Scoop out pulp with Small Stainless Scoop; make a face on the orange with black licorice or fruit roll-ups. Fill shells with lime sherbet, mounding above rim. Place "hats" on top of sherbet at an angle. Stick maraschino cherry with stem in hat with toothpick. Place in freezer until ready to serve.Jack 'o Lantern CakeMix 1 spice cake mix according to package directions. Bake in Small Batter Bowl. (1 box will make two small batter bowl cakes). Put 2 batter bowl cakes together with orange frosting, making a pumpkin shape. Ice the entire cake using Large Spreader. Make pumpkin face using licorice. Decorate with candy corn, licorice and assorted Halloween candies.Scary-Face PizzaUsing your own or refrigerated pizza dough, bake on Large Round Stone. Using Ultimate Slice and Grate, cut pepperoni slices, green pepper and onion. Slice black olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Make zucchini slices with Crinkle Cutter. Use sliced meats & veggies to decorate to look like a Halloween Scary-Face. Or, use pita pocket rounds and everyone can decorate their own Scary-Face Pizzas!Finger SandwichesUsing the Utility Knife, remove crust from two slices of thinly sliced firm-textured bread. Spread some of your favorite chicken salad onto one of the slices with the All-Purpose Spreader. Top with the other slice of bread. Cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch wide logs. With the Utility Knife taper one end of each log to form a point. Attach a sliced almond to this end with some softened cream cheese, making fingernails.Roasted Pumpkin Seeds4-1/4 cups raw pumpkin seeds 1 tablespoon cooking oil 1 teaspoon salt In a medium mixing bowl combine pumpkin seeds, cooking oil, and salt. Spread mixture onto a waxed-paper-lined Bar Pan. Let stand for 24 to 48 hours or till dry, stirring occasionally. Remove waxed paper Bar Pan Toast seed in a 325º F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring once or twice. Let cool slightly. Pat seeds with paper towels to remove excess oil.This idea was shared last year but I can't remember who to give the credit too! Anyway it's a great idea!What a great way to advertise. I would offer these at business too.Subject: Treat BagsI have done these twice now. It is a great way to "advertise". One
year I did the poem:TO ALL MUMMY'S
Don't be a "DUD" for the holiday,
Book a Pampered Chef show of your own today!
They are easy, fun, and really great;
For details call Shiela at (###)###-###8!!!
So be a "SMARTIE" Call now to book your party!!!!!
Happy Halloween
P.S. The "GHostess with the Mostess" in November recieves an EXTRA
treat!Inside the bag, I put 1 milk dud, 2 smarties, my business card and
stapled the note to the outside. This year I bought treat bags and used labels with a one liner and my
name, Pampered Chef, my phone, email and website on address labels. It has been more cost effective and I think less time consuming for folks to read and get your message.This year's slogans were:Be A Smartie Book A Party!!Don't be a "Dud" for the Holidays!Book A Show! Enjoy Your Discount NOW & LATER!I filled the treat bags with 1 of the candy mentioned on the label and
two other types. It saved $ and I had more variety.

FYI: I included the part about the treat bags in case you do the show on the 31st and have trick-or-treaters stopping by during the party.If your host isn't digging the suggestions for food, you can always make a favorite before the party begins and have a 'pumpkin-carving contest' at the show with the tips above.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post such great recipes and creative ideas! I plan to offer to all my October hosts and definately use in my kids cooking class!

Thanks...these ideas are great!

I don't have any recipes to add, but I did see something cute in my new Country Home magazine. I thought it could be adapted to the Trifle Bowl. They put black candy, probably jelly beans, in a glass cylinder, then on the front taped eyes, nose and a mouth and then made a black witches hat for the top. It was so cute, I thought that with the Trifle Bowl you could make a little "dress" for the witch also to hide the base. Did I explain it good enough??:confused:

Also in the magazine was a recipe for Ghost Punch. You could make this and put in the Trifle Bowl. They used silicone ghost molds to make these little ghost ice cubes that floated around the top of the punch. The ghosts are made from 2 C whipping cream, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla - mix these until sugar is dissolved, place in molds and freeze for 6 hours. When you unwrap them, take black decorating gel and make eyes and mouths! I think they are soo cute. Float them in your favorite punch. I think a blood red one would be good!
I really want a Halloween party so I can do some of these things!! Maybe I'll just do them at my house!

Here's some Halloween ideas collected from over the years from many sources. Enjoy!
Deb:)

Attachments

• Halloween Ideas 2[3].doc
    34 KB · Views: 483
  • Halloween ideas[2].doc
    30 KB · Views: 350
  • Harvest Pumpkin Dip[2].doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 390
  • Halloween show ideas and recipes.doc
    73 KB · Views: 480
  • Halloween recipes with pix.doc
    79 KB · Views: 412

1. What type of products do you recommend for a Halloween themed show?

Pampered Chef has a variety of products that are perfect for Halloween shows. Some popular options include our Pumpkin Silicone Mold, Halloween Cookie Cutters, and the Spooky Silicone Spatula.

2. How can I incorporate Halloween into my cooking demonstration?

There are many ways to add a spooky touch to your cooking demonstration. You can make Halloween-themed recipes, use Halloween-shaped cookware, or even dress up in a costume while cooking. We also have a Halloween-themed recipe booklet available for purchase.

3. Are there any discounts or special offers for the Halloween shows?

Yes, for our Halloween shows on October 30th and 31st, we are offering a 10% discount on all Halloween products. Additionally, if you host a Halloween show, you can earn free products and discounts as part of our host rewards program.

4. Can I still have a Halloween show if I don't celebrate the holiday?

Absolutely! Our Halloween products and recipes are great for anyone who enjoys cooking and entertaining. Plus, you can always tailor the show to fit your personal preferences and style.

5. Can I book a Halloween show on a different date?

While our Halloween shows are only available on October 30th and 31st, you can still incorporate some of our Halloween products and recipes into a regular cooking show. You can also contact us to discuss other available dates for a themed show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • pamperedchef07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • msmileyface