• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pug Rescue Group Show: Advice for Lisa's Unusual Event

um...weather appropriate clothes. But I did make a ton of treats and we all had a great time. I'll post the recipes I used and the materials I used when I get a chance.Thanks a million for sharing your experience. These sound like great ideas.
lisamac
Gold Member
Hi all
I'm new here. I've been a consultant since July and am in month 4. I have a show coming up on Oct 29th and would love some advice. The host is part of a pug rescue group. She has invited all her rescue friends along with their pugs. We are making pug bread recipe for the dogs (and when I asked her what she wanted to make for the guests she laughed saying she had forgotten about them). They are having the dogs dress up in halloween costumes and I'm to judge the best dressed etc!! So it is not going to be your ordinary show and was wondering if anyone had any advice - handouts related to dogs I could do.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a million :)
Lisa

I don't have any ideas to help you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Here's some stuff I have...

Attachments

• Pampered PET Party INVITE.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 373
  • Pampered PET Treats RECIPES.doc
    245 KB · Views: 930
Those are great. Wow.

Carolyn
Thank you so much I really appreciate it. These are great.
Lisa

I can't take credit for them - I got them from another consultant years ago.

re: pampered pooch showhere are some pampered pet themes ideas that I have received and saved. Hope they help.

Flora

Attachments

• Dog treats from Three Dog Bakery[1].wps.doc
    36.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Pampered Pups.pub
    208 KB · Views: 282
  • pamperedpetinvite.doc
    55 KB · Views: 302
  • pamperedpooch recipes.doc
    251 KB · Views: 319
Flora
Thanks a million for sharing. These are also great. Loads of ideas now. Let's hope the weather is good so we can stay outside!!
Lisa

I LOVE to make treats for my dog. We love to share them, too. I made some of the "pupcakes" in the mini-muffin pan and I thought that was a great size. Full muffins are really a bit much for a little snick-snack, I think...my dog doesn't need to eat too much like me! And the mini-muffins would be easy to do for a show. Rolling and cutting out treats is kind of a pain, though the creative cutters are just the right size for treats. They make great training treats! Perfect to throw in your pocket. The one thing I find about homemade treats (and why we share them so much!) is that they tend to get moldy within about a week. So make sure to use them! I think my next batch is going to be refrigerated after to see if that helps. ANYHOO...

I regularly make homemade dog biscuits. I don't have a dog, but my parrots love them! I used to cut them out with the Creative Cutters, but now I just cut them into rectangles with the pizza cutter - SOOOOO much faster! I've not made "moist" treats, but I have found that with biscuits you really need to bake them completely to reduce the chance of them getting moldy. By leaving them in the oven for the full 50 minutes (my recipe), it bakes out all the moisture. Then, let them cool completely before putting them in a canister so that there's no condensation.

dannyzmom said:
Here's some stuff I have...
bo

bow wow that is a great idea, I think I will make those for the trick or treaters that come to the door with thier parents and hand them my card.

It might be the cooling thing...I have to get them put up asap because otherwise Holly gets up on the counter and eats them! And then we BOTH get in trouble! :p

I handed out doggie treats at Halloween last year, they were kind of a hit. I also made them at Christmas and handed them out to Holly's neighborhood buddies...I never thought of putting my info with them. I should make up recipe cards with my info on them and type up the doggy treat recipes. HMMM...what a great idea! I'm so smart...:p

Good luck and let us know how it goes! I'd LOVE to do something with my local Humane Society or something of the sort. If you're doing fundraisers, maybe you could sell a mix for doggie treats along with the PC products...HMMM...anyHOOOO

Thanks for everyone's great tips. I found out yesterday that it looks like she is having 30 people plus pug coming. I'm just a little nervous!!! It will be fun though and I'm going to take a picture with the pugs to put in my bookings binder - just another type of theme show!!!! I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Lisa

We have bad weather so the show has been postponed until next Sunday - boo hoo :-(

The Pug show last weekend was a lot of fun. The dogs were hilarious in their costumes - two hula girls, a harley dude and his harley chick and a flasher (in his raincoat!!) from what I remember. The sales unfortunately were a bust. It was all outside and not many had chairs. Plus they were running around after their dogs. I did manage to scrap together a couple of orders to make the show $230 but the host ended up ordering a lot which made the show $300 in comm sales! The three dog bakery handout was a big hit!
Thanks for everyone's advice and help.
Lisa

Sounds like good times! I love baking treats. I'm going to make some this week for Holly to share with a new neighbor dog! Plus, she's out of those crummy milk bones...

Sounds like everyone had fun. Sometimes things like this build over the years if done as an annual event.

tlennhoff said:
Those are great. Wow.

Don't you mean "Bow WOW?" hee hee, I love them too, thank you!

Related to Pug Rescue Group Show: Advice for Lisa's Unusual Event

What is the Pug Rescue Group Show?

The Pug Rescue Group Show is an event organized by Lisa to raise awareness and funds for pug rescue groups. It will feature various activities and demonstrations showcasing the talents and abilities of rescued pugs.

How can I attend the Pug Rescue Group Show?

You can attend the Pug Rescue Group Show by purchasing tickets through Lisa's website or at the entrance of the event. Alternatively, you can also volunteer to help with the event and get free admission.

Can I bring my own pug to the event?

Due to safety reasons and to avoid overcrowding, outside pugs are not allowed at the event. However, if you have a pug that is a part of a rescue group and would like to showcase their talents, please contact Lisa for more information.

Are there any age restrictions for the event?

The event is open to all ages, but children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. As the event may feature loud noises and large crowds, it is recommended to leave infants and toddlers at home.

How can I support the Pug Rescue Group Show?

You can support the Pug Rescue Group Show by attending the event, purchasing raffle tickets, or making a donation to the rescue groups featured at the event. You can also spread the word and invite friends and family to attend the event with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • Optimist78
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies