• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Kiddo's Gonna Be for Halloween?

In summary, Target had a great amount and selection. Prices are very reasonable!How old is your son?We do a Harvest Party with friends and have the kids dress up. DD will be a lady bug, DS will be Thomas. Found both at Goodwill for $8.00 total. Shopko had the same costumes for $39.99 - yikes!How old is your son?He is 5. I let him pick it out. Of course I said no to one. It was some ugly Octopus head pirate guy from Pirates of the Carribean.My son, who is 3, wants to be a monkey....because he was a monkey last year, and doesn't understand there are lots
chefkristin
Gold Member
My son picked out his costume tonight! He is going to be the Incredible Hulk.
Target had a great amount and selection. Prices are very reasonable!

How old is your son?

We do a Harvest Party with friends and have the kids dress up. DD will be a lady bug, DS will be Thomas. Found both at Goodwill for $8.00 total. Shopko had the same costumes for $39.99 - yikes!

Denarella said:
How old is your son?
He is 5. I let him pick it out. Of course I said no to one. It was some ugly Octopus head pirate guy from Pirates of the Carribean.

My son, who is 3, wants to be a monkey....because he was a monkey last year, and doesn't understand there are lots of other things he could be.:balloon:

I like the idea of Goodwill though......let someone else pay $40 for a few hours of wear!;)

My 3 year old is going to be a fireman and my 9 month old is going to be a dalmation.

my son is 8.5 and I have struggled to stay away from 'Gross and Appalling'. But I think, in 3rd, its an unwritten rule that as a boy, you must be scary or bloody.

The funny thing is, even if I allow this, I KNOW that costume will be kept in my room because he'll be too scared to see it in his room at night! LOL!

Sighhh....childhood is over as I know it:cry: :(

LMAO!!! Gotta LOVE that the posting I just listed was number 666 for me!:blushing: :eek: ;)

My daughter is going to be a pretty witch...

JaimeQ said:
My daughter is going to be a pretty witch...

The one time of year I REALLY wish I also had a little girl:(

My daughter was a mini-bride when she was 3 - we went to the nursing home and went trick or treating there...she had a blast handing out encouragement cards to them and the seniors loved giving her candy. I need to find that picture!

My 7 year old daughter will be a princess (don't have the costume yet), and my 5 year old son is going to be Optimus Prime from the Transformers (Target, $16.99). I bought Michael's costume about 3 weeks ago, and I'm glad I did. They're already out. He tries it on EVERY single day!!

My 3 yr old is going to be Thomas the train, but we haven't decided on a costume for the 19 month old yet. I'm thinking Tigger :)

The oldest was Superman for two years in a row, so it's nice to have something different! lol

My children are 12 & 17 so costumes are no longer a big deal but while I was at my sister's baby sitting I saw the new Family Fun mag with it's "no sew" costumes....SO CUTE!! Worth checking out :)

My 6 year old daughter is a cheerleader this year for a local football team (Pee wee team) and she wants to be a cheerleader for halloween. So I already have her costume because she will be wearing her cheer uniform. My 8 year old son hasn't even mentioned halloween. I need to get him thinking about it.

We haven't decided about the kids yet! I was thinking of a princess, and a pirate for them. Cracker Barrel has the cutest princess outfits for Layla. They have cute pirate ones too. I just don't know how I feel about paying $40 for an outfit, you know? I may have to check out target I haven't looked there yet. I looked at walmart and of course they had squat.

Well my 6 year old daughter wants to be Ariel (the next princess in a long line of princesses! - she's already been Cinderella, Tinkerbell and Sleeping Beauty and Belle - she loves to play dress up all the time and the costumes are great for that!) - my 10 and almost 13 year olds sons haven't given it much thought yet - I think my oldest may not go out this year - he may rethink when he realizes he won't get the stash of candy! They went as pretty gruesome things last year - did the cute ones when they were little. We'll have to go to Target and check them out!

my son who is 5 wants to be a dementor for halloween probably will end up being a power ranger though

my 3 year old son wants to be a black cat but all we could find was cute little girly costumes. So my aunt who sews is going to make him a costume, we have already bought all of the stuff.

I think I"m going to have 2 princesses this year.
Since Halloween is on Wed; it's kids club nite at our church. So all the church people are suppose to come to the parking lot to do 'trunk or treat'. It should be fun; & really kinda nice to not have to go all over town to trick or treat.

kdawn1124 said:
My 3 year old is going to be a fireman and my 9 month old is going to be a dalmation.

My nephews did this one year I think they were 7 and almost 2 and it was so cute.

I just bought DS a cute dragon costume on ebay. looks warm and was a good deal. DD will wear again the costume I made her last year.... my plan all along ;). Last year she was the tooth fairy. this year she wants to be a fairy princess.

lacychef said:
Since Halloween is on Wed; it's kids club nite at our church. So all the church people are suppose to come to the parking lot to do 'trunk or treat'. It should be fun; & really kinda nice to not have to go all over town to trick or treat.

I like that idea. Maybe I can suggest something similar at our church.

lacychef said:

My Church does Trunk or Treat every year! We've been doing it for about 7-8 years, and it is a huge community event! There are alot of other activities going on at the church for kids at the same time too. My favorite thing is that they have a corner set up looking like an old time park bench with cornstalks, pumpkins, etc.....around it, and you can have pictures taken there that are developed while you wait - they look professionally done, and are so cute!

It's a great way for the kids to have fun safely.....plus, they like it, because they go from Trunk to Trunk, and can get a maximum amount of candy in a minimum amount of time!:D
There is alot of competition among the car owners with decorating their vehicles and doing costumes etc.........it's so much fun - I can't imagine going
back to the "old way" of trick or treating!

My 20mth old is going to be a lion...He has the roar down pat ...but his dad scared him with the costume...so who knows if we can even get it on him :)

Last year my DD was strawberry shortcake.... this year she said either a costume like mine or a princess.... I have a 50's costume that I wear... I am adding the pink ladies jacket to it this year....... so we will see!!

Lacy, You mentioned "trunk or treat" My brother's church does this every year, and my brothers go all out, and win the award every year for the best "dressed" trunk. He said it is getting rediculous because every year they are expected to out-do what they did the year before. One year they did a huge pirate ship on the back of a trailer, and the guys were dressed up like pirates, shooting candy from a cannon, but sitting back in recliners, and they were the "Pirates who don't do anything" from Veggie tails. It makes it fun for the kids, and the adults alike.

My kiddo will be Darth Vader, same as always.

http://www.michiganlcoc.org/gallery/albums/Halloween2005/res916962406.jpg

I don't know whether I'm going to wear my Carmen Miranda outfit, or my Renaissance gown.

http://www.michiganlcoc.org/gallery/albums/Halloween2006/Why_Death_is_Nancy.sized.jpg

http://www.michiganlcoc.org/gallery/albums/Halloween2005/res947999842.jpg

Your so talented Ann!!

My vote is for the Carmen Miranda outfit!!

My DD is 12 and she is going as Hermione Granger. We already have the Harry Potter cape and wand from my son being Harry a couple years ago. He is 13 and hasn't mentioned a costume but wants to walk around with his friends. I want your renaissance gown. That is beautiful!

Jewel said:
I want your renaissance gown. That is beautiful!
Thank you. I have a few minor repairs to make to it. The host of our car club Halloween parties wore it last year and we had to pin it to make it fit. Well, he apparently pulled on it a few time (unaccustomed to wearing a skirt), and the pins tore through the blouse. Luckily, the blouse is just unbleached muslin, so it'll be inexpensive to replace if I need to.

I'm glad to hear you guys have had such good luck with the trunk or treating:D I'll have to suggest decorating the trunks:thumbup:

Halloween is a big holiday for us. I think we decorate more for Halloween then any other holiday. Every year we have a Halloween poker party and we have everyone dress up. This year my son is going to be a Transformer, I'm satan's bride, and my husband is a grim reaper. It's going to be a great time!

Donna

Is the Queen lady hair piece as uncomfortable as the fruit hat? Both costumes are fantastic! I'd go with the one that is the most comfortable.

The Renaissance gown's headpiece is a wig and a doctored-up head band. Although I do need to gussy-up the veil. right now, it's just got an unfinished pinked edge. I've got a string of teeny pearls to sew on, but I HATE hand-sewing, and neither of my sewing machines can handle that type of trim work.

My "babies" are 14 & 16 so costumes aren't a big deal around here anymore but they used to be! I loved making their costumes. In the past our downtown business association had contests & my kids have trophies from some of their costumes. Some of their costumes include a ****roach, a butterfly, a pizza, a spaghetti dinner, a shark, a dinosaur & a fried egg w/a side order of bacon.

Halloween is just not our thing. We don't really enjoy it, but the kids like dressing up. So, this year, the girls (5.5 & 3) want to be cats & they want Sam (20 m) to be the mouse. Easy enough for me! :)

mini-hijack - we walked through the costumes last night & Sara (3) was terrified. Dh put one of the masks over his head & she started screaming & wouldn't go to him. I was looking for black paint for the whiskers (only reason we went down the aisle). We then came upon fake brains that were packaged on styrofoam meat trays & she seriously started crying. Dh took her out of the aisle while I finished getting the face makeup. end of hijack. :)

I always use black or brown eyeliner for wiskers and such. I usually have both on hand. I hate halloween makeup!

Alexia (3) is going to be Ariel, Colton (2) is going to be Buzz Lightyear, and Baylor (3 months) is going to be a peapod. In Alaska you have to pick costumes that look okay over a snowsuit, LOL!

Ann- go with the Renaissance dress, and be sure to wear it to the grocery store, LOL! Oooh! Someone should be a PC consultant and wear your apron with tools hanging from it! I bet you would get TONS of PC attention!

Luke is going to be a pumpkin. Him and his Pops planted some this year and that has gotten him really into pumpkins. This is the first year he has cared what he is for Halloween. I am excited to experience it when he is really into it!! He even had me buy him orange pants to go with the suit, so, he would be pumpkin from head to toe.

We do not do normal Trick or Treating. We do Trunk or Treat at our church. People decorate their trunks and the kids go around to each one for candy. We have supper inside the church before we go out. That way the kids experience Halloween but not with all of the gorry stuff. And it is a tremendous outreach b/c we have lots of area kids come to it and their parents bring them that normally are not in church. This year we will do it with AWANA since it falls on Wednesday night.

Last edited:
DS wants to be Spiderman this year.

He was a pirate last year, I have a really cute costume that I'm planning to sell if anyone is interested.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/Halloween_3.jpg

gilliandanielle said:
Ann- go with the Renaissance dress, and be sure to wear it to the grocery store, LOL! Oooh! Someone should be a PC consultant and wear your apron with tools hanging from it! I bet you would get TONS of PC attention!
In 2005, when DH got his Darth Vader costume, the final Star Wars movie was released on DVD on November 1. Meijer stores in the area (which are 24-hour grocery/discount stores, like a Super Wal-Mart, only nicer) had release parties starting at 11 pm on Halloween, because they could officially sell the DVDs at midnight. DH went in his costume. You get some funny looks walking through produce with Darth Vader at night. :) There were some truly kick-a$$ costumes at this thing, too - people who had made theirs, and had $1500 custom light sabers.

Denarella said:
The one time of year I REALLY wish I also had a little girl:(

I know, Dena - I would love to have a "Pretty Princess" one of these years (what I always wanted to be!) ;-)

My boys are 8 and 5 and they will be Jango Fett and Anakin Skywalker, respectively. We even got a Princess Leia costume for the dog (she's going to hate us!)!! ;)

Oh, and we do have a Darth Vader costume that DH might wear (he takes the kids out), so I guess I need to find a Queen Amidala costume for myself, huh?!

Here's a link to some things we've been over the years: Halloween

Last edited:
My kids are going to be
Dylan-7, Jack Sparrow from the Disney Store
Matthew-5, a Knight from (the movie name is drawing a blank!) also from the Disney Store
Lauren--3, she wants to be Cinderella or Minnie Mouse also from the Disney Store!!:D

TJ-6 will be Optimus Prime from Transformers. $12.97 from Walmart.

Maybe we should have some kind of costume exchange or something. I've saved all his old costumes (have no idea why). He still plays in his Red Power Ranger and Spiderman ones. I bought them too big on purpose so he could have them for awhile.

My daughter, Shannon (5.5) is going to be Hannah Montana and my son Bryan, (3.5) is going to be Lightning McQueen. I need to start making the costumes this week. I might have to break down and buy a blonde wig, Shannon doesn't believe her blonde hair is long enough. As for LightningMcQeen I am thinking about using a box and making it into a car so he is in it. I'll post pictures when I figure it out.

Well my daughter who's 6 1/2 is Ariel and my 10 yr. old son is some ghoul that has light up eyes - pretty creepy but hey he's 10! And my soon to be 13 year old is still trying to come up with something - he'll still go out probably this year and next while he's in middle school and stop after that. He may go as the headless horseman - a costume my husband might put together - he was that as a kid and remembers kids being freaked out by it - wants to relive his childhood!

Well, my girls have changed. My 4 year old now wants to be a fairy. My 8 year old wants to be Hannah Montana.....anyone have one of those costumes they want to get rid of? I looked on ebay, & the wig alone goes for $40!:eek:

My boy/girl twins are going to be Pooh Bear and the honey pot!

<h2>1. What are the most popular Halloween costumes for kids this year?</h2><p>The most popular Halloween costumes for kids this year are superheroes, such as the Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, and Spiderman. Other popular options include characters from popular movies and TV shows like Frozen, Paw Patrol, and Toy Story.</p><h2>2. Where is the best place to find Halloween costumes for kids?</h2><p>Target is a great place to find Halloween costumes for kids. They have a wide selection and offer affordable prices. Other popular places to find kids' costumes include Walmart, Party City, and online retailers like Amazon and Spirit Halloween.</p><h2>3. How much should I expect to spend on a Halloween costume for my child?</h2><p>The cost of a Halloween costume for a child can vary depending on the retailer and the costume itself. On average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $20 to $50 on a costume. However, there are also more affordable options available for under $20 at places like Target and Walmart.</p><h2>4. What are some good costume ideas for young children?</h2><p>For young children, popular costume options include animals, princesses, and classic Halloween characters like ghosts, witches, and vampires. You can also get creative and make your own costume using items you already have at home.</p><h2>5. When is the best time to start looking for Halloween costumes for kids?</h2><p>It's best to start looking for Halloween costumes for kids a few weeks before Halloween to ensure you have enough time to find the perfect costume. However, if you have a specific costume in mind, it's best to start looking even earlier as popular costumes tend to sell out quickly.</p>

1. What are the most popular Halloween costumes for kids this year?

The most popular Halloween costumes for kids this year are superheroes, such as the Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, and Spiderman. Other popular options include characters from popular movies and TV shows like Frozen, Paw Patrol, and Toy Story.

2. Where is the best place to find Halloween costumes for kids?

Target is a great place to find Halloween costumes for kids. They have a wide selection and offer affordable prices. Other popular places to find kids' costumes include Walmart, Party City, and online retailers like Amazon and Spirit Halloween.

3. How much should I expect to spend on a Halloween costume for my child?

The cost of a Halloween costume for a child can vary depending on the retailer and the costume itself. On average, you can expect to spend anywhere from $20 to $50 on a costume. However, there are also more affordable options available for under $20 at places like Target and Walmart.

4. What are some good costume ideas for young children?

For young children, popular costume options include animals, princesses, and classic Halloween characters like ghosts, witches, and vampires. You can also get creative and make your own costume using items you already have at home.

5. When is the best time to start looking for Halloween costumes for kids?

It's best to start looking for Halloween costumes for kids a few weeks before Halloween to ensure you have enough time to find the perfect costume. However, if you have a specific costume in mind, it's best to start looking even earlier as popular costumes tend to sell out quickly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
SusanBP0129
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • sk8rgrrl99