• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Recipes for a Pampered Chef Host in July?

I agree with Paulette! LOVE the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Tacos made as a salad. YUM! The grilled lemon pepper chicken salad is also a delicious option. Another tasty recipe is the Quesadilla Cups made with pineapple salsa. For a quick and easy option, I suggest the 15 minute fajitas made in the DCB. It only requires 5 ingredients and can be paired with margaritas or sangria. Don't forget to bring your own basil and garlic to save the host money and showcase the garlic press and slicer. Before the show, make sure to have your host measure their microwave to ensure the DCB will fit. If it doesn't, you can always use the oven instead. It
sjspchef
I'm a fairly new consultant. So far I've only done the three cheese garden pizza but need to change things up. What are your host July choices? I have a good amount of PC tools including a DCB but there's still a lot that I want to get!!

cool and crunchy chicken tacos are AWESOME... I do it as a salad or trifle. Make it the same but switch out taco chips for the shells. Double the dressing. Layer lettuce, chicken mixture, mango/jicima mixture, then drizzle dressing or serve on the side with crushed chips.

I agree with Paulette! LOVE the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Tacos made as a salad. YUM!

If you have the Grill Pan (or even if you don't - just cook the chicken in the DCB) I also LOVE the Warm Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad.

This week I made the Quesadilla Cups - except I made them with the Pineapple Salsa recipe = those were awesome too!

I have been doing PC for only a year and the only recipe I used for the longest time was the 3 cheese garden pizza. It was my comfort recipe I knew and loved it but as like you I needed to change it up so I started doing the 15 minute fajetas. I Love them and they are so easy. They are made in the DCB.
This is the recipe:
1 T vegetable oil
1 yellow or white onion
1 red bell pepper
2 green bell peppers
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (not breaded) thawed (I usually use 2 chicken breasts)
1 T Chipolte Rub (I generally just sprinkle it on without measuring)
1 block chedder cheese
8 oz sour cream
8 oz salsa
1 package of 6 in flour tortillas
1 bunch fresh cilantro (optional) I don't use it
4 oz guacamole (optional) I don't use it
1 can black beans (optional) I don't use it

1. Using the silicone basting brush, spread oil in the bottum of the DCB. Using the Ultimate Mandoline, slice up onion and put in the bottum of the DCB. Coarsely chop up the red and green peppers into large pieces using any one of your PC knifes and place in the DCB over the onions. (I then sprinkle some chipolte seasoning)
2. Place thawed chicken on top of pepper pieces and sprinkle some more chipolte seasoning. (If you choose to measure the chipolte you can do so right at your show using the adjustable measuring spoons)
3. Using the garlic press, press two pieces of garlic right on top of the chicken.
4. Using the juicer or citrus press, squeeze out the juice from one small lime right onto the chicken and spread evenly using your basting brush.
Put the lid on and microwave on high for 15 min.

While it is in the microwave I will usually do my booking slide and drawing prize slips. But if you choose you can use that time to grate your cheese and scoop your salsa and sour cream into the dots trio or bamboo bowls or even the simple additions bowls that come in our kit. I like to have those side done already to save some time.

Also use the Salad Choppers and chop it all right up in the DCB. Those salad choppers are amazing. And heat up your tortilla shells in the rice cooker plus or even right on a plate is fine.

This recipe has been so great and easy for me it is now my second option. Hope it helps.

I do the 15 minute fajitas (only 5 ingredients) and margaritas or the grilled pizza & sangira right now. Both are very simple not very many things for the host to buy - I tell them the recipe is 15 dollars or less plus they buy the alcohol for the drink and I'll bring the rest.

I always bring my own basil to save the host money - i have it growing on my patio and I always bring my own garlic to make sure they don't have it in a jar - I sell a garlic press and/or slicer and QSP at every show - always have a guest use them! And I've had a few shows with only 2 guests lately

Have any of you ever showed up to a host's house and the DCB didn't fit in their microwave?

freebyrdz said:
Have any of you ever showed up to a host's house and the DCB didn't fit in their microwave?

I always have my host measure her microwave during the host coaching process.

freebyrdz said:

Yes, and just used the oven, instead.

It's amazing how many people will buy a new microwave so they have one big enough for the DCB!!

punkie1019 said:
I have been doing PC for only a year and the only recipe I used for the longest time was the 3 cheese garden pizza. It was my comfort recipe I knew and loved it but as like you I needed to change it up so I started doing the 15 minute fajetas. I Love them and they are so easy. They are made in the DCB.
This is the recipe:
1 T vegetable oil
1 yellow or white onion
1 red bell pepper
2 green bell peppers
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (not breaded) thawed (I usually use 2 chicken breasts)
1 T Chipolte Rub (I generally just sprinkle it on without measuring)
1 block chedder cheese
8 oz sour cream
8 oz salsa
1 package of 6 in flour tortillas
1 bunch fresh cilantro (optional) I don't use it
4 oz guacamole (optional) I don't use it
1 can black beans (optional) I don't use it

1. Using the silicone basting brush, spread oil in the bottum of the DCB. Using the Ultimate Mandoline, slice up onion and put in the bottum of the DCB. Coarsely chop up the red and green peppers into large pieces using any one of your PC knifes and place in the DCB over the onions. (I then sprinkle some chipolte seasoning)
2. Place thawed chicken on top of pepper pieces and sprinkle some more chipolte seasoning. (If you choose to measure the chipolte you can do so right at your show using the adjustable measuring spoons)
3. Using the garlic press, press two pieces of garlic right on top of the chicken.
4. Using the juicer or citrus press, squeeze out the juice from one small lime right onto the chicken and spread evenly using your basting brush.
Put the lid on and microwave on high for 15 min.

While it is in the microwave I will usually do my booking slide and drawing prize slips. But if you choose you can use that time to grate your cheese and scoop your salsa and sour cream into the dots trio or bamboo bowls or even the simple additions bowls that come in our kit. I like to have those side done already to save some time.

Also use the Salad Choppers and chop it all right up in the DCB. Those salad choppers are amazing. And heat up your tortilla shells in the rice cooker plus or even right on a plate is fine.

This recipe has been so great and easy for me it is now my second option. Hope it helps.

I ask well do the SAME thing - only offer 3 Cheese Garden Pizza or 15min Fajitas. One year now and still doing the same 2. Its about the tools, not the recipe. :)

freebyrdz said:

Same here - always ask and if they are not sure I have them measure it. I had to buy a new one when we moved - got one on craigs list and took a ruler to measuer it before I bought it!

One I did recently that was good was the Kiwi Lime Dessert cups (in the current season's best). It is one of the ones that uses mainly the tools from the kit. It is fun, light and easy, and absolutely wonderful. It def isn't a meal, but was perfect for the ladies I was showing it for.
I have done Keith's Ultimate Fajitas a bunch lately.... the one where you make the salsa and guac too. It is great, and I have seen an increase in my sales when I do it.
I also do the 3 cheese garden pizza and have done the cool and crunchy taco salad a couple of times.

pampchefsarah said:
Yes, and just used the oven, instead.

It's amazing how many people will buy a new microwave so they have one big enough for the DCB!!

What is the time difference in the oven from the microwave? For the fajetas or anything how do we know? Do you just sorta guess?

Good question, punkie1019. I wonder that, too. I am buying a new microwave as soon as I can afford it b/c my DCB doesn't fit in mine. I haven't used my DCB yet. :(

Thanks, Paulette!! It is just that this will be the 4th party in a circle of friends and they want something different. I have only made the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza and the Ham & Cheese Calzone. I am so new and very nervous of new recipes. I liked this one b/c it had the bar pan and it might help sell the stoneware.

Now that you've stated that desserts have lower sales, it makes since.
People need to make dinner every night, not dessert.
I am going to start doing MEAL options! :] Thank you!

My safety recipe is the Ham & Cheese Calzone - love it :]

I, too, have only used my DCB once (the other night in my oven) I need a new microwave!

Kenzie09 said:
Now that you've stated that desserts have lower sales, it makes since.
People need to make dinner every night, not dessert.
I am going to start doing MEAL options! :] Thank you!

My safety recipe is the Ham & Cheese Calzone - love it :]

I, too, have only used my DCB once (the other night in my oven) I need a new microwave!

Yes, Paulette is right. Whenever I go against what I know to be true (about dessert demos) and do a dessert demo, my sales and my bookings are lower.

People love the desserts, but they don't feel the same need to book and have all their friends experience it.

Hmmmm! Now how can I get the host to change her mind? Any suggestions? We could grill something on the BBQ as well, I suppose, but I have never done that. That way she can have her dessert. I have some BBQ tools.

freebyrdz said:
Thanks, Paulette!! It is just that this will be the 4th party in a circle of friends and they want something different. I have only made the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza and the Ham & Cheese Calzone. I am so new and very nervous of new recipes. I liked this one b/c it had the bar pan and it might help sell the stoneware.

The california club pizza is different yet still a new cons recipe. Look on Cons corner under recipes. it was in the Seasons best Spring summer 2009.

I understand your friends want something different but take charge of your business NOW! I have seen (and experienced) time and again host wanting recipes that are yummy but not good show recipes. get 2-3 recipes that you are comfortable with and offer those all season.

If someone wants a desert tell them that "it has been the experience of consultants I know that desert shows generally are not as successful. While deserts are fun they are not a need. I would love to show your friends and family some quick easy meal solutions."

freebyrdz said:
Hmmmm! Now how can I get the host to change her mind? Any suggestions? We could grill something on the BBQ as well, I suppose, but I have never done that. That way she can have her dessert. I have some BBQ tools.
do a burger bar... you can use all your kit products to slice and dice everything. Oh ad tell her if she has $200 in outside orders before the show you will bring the brownie as a gift...

Paulette! You are AWESOME!! Thanks for those ideas! What exactly is a Burger bar? LOL

Do Jerk Chicken Nachos on the Bar Ban - you could always grill the chicken and then chop it up for the Nachos...that would be yummy!

A couple of my consultants (because that's what I'd done at their show before they signed) did the Jerk Chicken Nachos for all of their shows for about 6 months.

I usually do a drink with them - like Nachos and Margaritas...but you could always offer to bring a dessert if, like Paulette suggested, they have $200 in outside orders.

I have been with PC for a year and I have really done a mixture of recipes for shows. My host seem to love any pizza. The Warmy Nutty Carmel Brownies are a huge hit!!!! You can get lots of participation with the brownies.

For the summer I am doing a Cold Stone show and that has been a huge hit!!!

Yeah I said the desert idea because her host already wanted that.

For the burger bar I do this...
Burger bar…
Finely chop onion food chopper / cutting board
Mix meat with 1/4th cup onion salt pepper … med stainless bowl and mix n chop
Have someone do the grilling talk about the grill tools
Seasoned mayo prep bowls, spatula whisk
For this I add 1/2 cup mayo to 2 prep bowls and add one of our seasonings to each. I like the chipoltle and garlic dipping seasoning.
Slice Onions - mandoline
Tomatoes, Knives
Grate or slice cheese (depends on tool you have)
Avocado (practice this if you have no experience with avocado) use either the avocado knife or the utility knife. Slice around the long way. twist, one side will come off other will have pit stuck in it. holding 1/2 with pit in one hand and utility or chef knife in other whack the knife into the pit. Gently twist and pit will pop out. With a rag grab pit and pull off knife.

Lettuce and other toppings on a tray (any serving piece you have)

or...
Hawaiian Turkey Burgers

1 pound ground turkey
½ cup dry bread crumbs
½ cup chopped red or green bell pepper
½ cup thinly sliced green onions
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple slices, reserving ¼ cup juice
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup teriyaki sauce
4 hamburger buns

1. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine ground turkey, bread crumbs, bell pepper, green onion, ginger root, ¼ cup reserved pineapple juice and salt; mix gently but thoroughly. Form meat mixture into four ½-inch-thick patties.
2. Grill over medium coals 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use Barbecue Turner to turn burgers once during cooking. Baste with teriyaki sauce using Barbecue Basting Brush during last 2 minutes of grilling.
3. Grill pineapple slices 5 minutes, basting with teriyaki sauce. Grill buns to warm; remove using Barbecue Tongs. Serve burgers on buns; top with pineapple slice.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 10 g, Sodium 2050 mg, Fiber 1 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Oh... also I really HATE heating up people homes in the summer by using the oven!

Oh Cheese burger salad is awesome too also on CC

I love you guys! Thanks for all your tips!! This site is so awesome! One more reason to LOVE Pampered Chef!! You all ROCK!! :)

Related to What Are the Best Recipes for a Pampered Chef Host in July?

What are the recipe choices available?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide variety of recipe choices to suit every taste and dietary restriction. Our recipes include appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts, and more. We also have options for vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free diets.

Can I customize my recipe choices?

Yes, you can definitely customize your recipe choices to fit your preferences and dietary needs. Our website and recipe cards allow you to make substitutions and modifications to suit your taste and dietary restrictions.

Do you offer recipes for special occasions?

Absolutely! We have a dedicated section on our website for special occasion recipes such as holiday menus, party appetizers, and birthday treats. Our consultants also offer personalized recipe suggestions for any special event or gathering.

Are the recipes easy to follow?

Our recipes are designed to be easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. Each recipe comes with clear instructions and step-by-step photos. We also offer cooking tips and videos to help you master any recipe.

Do you have recipes for kids?

Yes, we have a selection of kid-friendly recipes that are simple and fun for children to make with adult supervision. These recipes are also a great way to introduce kids to different types of food and encourage them to develop a love for cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • sara-muir