• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Critic on Pampered Chef Recipes in General

In summary, the conversation discusses criticism of Pampered Chef's recipe choices and the suggestion to have recipes for both quick and healthy meals. The speaker also shares their personal experience with food intolerances and the need for recipes from scratch. They also suggest contacting the Test Kitchen with concerns and mention the availability of newer cookbooks with healthier recipes. Other participants in the conversation also share their experiences with cooking from scratch and substitutions for allergies, and suggest that the recipes are suitable for everyone regardless of their cooking abilities.
ChefJessica95765
I have some critic on the choice of Pampered Chef Recipes.

To understand my reasoning, something about me. I'm having a certificate in Nutrition and I'm highly intolerant and sensitive on all kinds of food.
I love the stoneware to cook with. I have lots of clients (which I counsel in Nutrition) that I refer to the Stoneware.
BUT - I do not like that Pampered Chef uses alot of "mixes" "canned soups" and so on in there recipes. I understand that that makes quick dinners, which is good for some part of the customers.
I think Pampered Chef should have recipes for both types of customers, those who wanna cook quick and easy and those who wanna eat healthy. I cannot use any recipe that calls for a cake mix, or canned sauce mix. I only can do things from scratch. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with similar issues.

What do you think? And were would it be a good approach to contact Pampered Chef with?

They do have an assortment of recipes using a wide variety of ingredients - I suggest that you look through the cookbooks some more - especially the newer ones published in the last several years. The older PC recipes do use alot of ready-made items, but the newer ones don't use them so much.

contact the Test Kitchen if you have concerns

Thanks Linda,
I have to admit I didn't buy the cookbooks because of my reasons before, I didn't know they changed some.I'm really thankful for this forum!!!

Yes, one thing I've been impressed with is how most of the new recipes call for real food ingredients, not canned, processed food.

For instance - the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder is from scratch - and is a favorite demo of mine!

As are the Mexican Cheese Crisps - awesome, and people love the guacamole made from scratch!

The 29 minutes to Dinner cookbooks, the new Vegetarian Cookbook, and the soups, stews, and chili's cookbook are all great.

;)
ChefJessica95765 said:
I have some critic on the choice of Pampered Chef Recipes.

To understand my reasoning, something about me. I'm having a certificate in Nutrition and I'm highly intolerant and sensitive on all kinds of food.
I love the stoneware to cook with. I have lots of clients (which I counsel in Nutrition) that I refer to the Stoneware.
BUT - I do not like that Pampered Chef uses alot of "mixes" "canned soups" and so on in there recipes. I understand that that makes quick dinners, which is good for some part of the customers.
I think Pampered Chef should have recipes for both types of customers, those who wanna cook quick and easy and those who wanna eat healthy. I cannot use any recipe that calls for a cake mix, or canned sauce mix. I only can do things from scratch. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with similar issues.

What do you think? And were would it be a good approach to contact Pampered Chef with?

I totally agree. I have Interstitial Cystitis and I have to make more dishes from scratch now also.

I have had several customers with the same complaint and this is what I have told them. If you already like to/have to cook from scratch then you know how and you can easily substitute something homemade for the processed items in a recipe, these recipes are for everyone and if you don't know how to cook at all they are easy for you too.

cincychef said:
I have had several customers with the same complaint and this is what I have told them. If you already like to/have to cook from scratch then you know how and you can easily substitute something homemade for the processed items in a recipe, these recipes are for everyone and if you don't know how to cook at all they are easy for you too.

I did exactly this as a customer long before I was a consultant. We had a child who was allergic to soy products, and didn't allow anything in my home that had soy in it (ie- all prepackaged products). For my show we did the 3-cheese garden pizza and I made the pizza crust from scratch before anyone got there. I had a great show and it turned out good, if not better than the pre-packaged one.

Also, as a consultant, you don't necessarily have to eat everything you serve at shows. I don't usually eat at a host's home. I don't eat beef, but have been making the taco ring and also the Ultimate Cheeseburger salad. When we make it in our home, we use ground turkey as a replacement.

ETA: We were foster parents and had children with allergies. Those children are no longer living in our home.

Here is my take on it (FWIW):

I've always been a "from scratch" kind of person. I've never made a wreath, ring, or braid for a show. Nope. Never. I've never even offered them. I've always been able to find plenty of recipes to demo for shows though.

Now, my family is Gluten/Corn/Soy/Refined Sugar/Food Coloring free. Mostly because of food intolerance, but some just because I feel like it's a better way to eat. We also don't eat any low-fat/fat free dairy...ours is raw milk cheeses, and full fat cream-line milk. I have some very deep feelings about food and the corruption of the food industry and the destruction of our food sources. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

However, I'm also not the food police. So, there are plenty of things that I demo for shows, because it's what the host/guests want, but I would never eat at home, or ever recommend to people to eat. But they haven't asked me what they should be eating, and until they do, it's not up to me to tell them how to eat. :)

I just draw the line at braids,wreaths, and rings. :D

Oh Becky....I just love me a good Cranberry Turkey or Chicken Club Ring....not too much of it though that crescent roll dough is filling....but dang it's good!

Another thing to remember is that a lot of the recipes you hear about the most, are the recipes designed for demos. Being such, they're going to have a lot of shortcuts in them, so that your guests aren't watching you cook for two hours. Like already mentioned, there's nothing wrong with saying "We're using a refrigerated pizza crust (or crescent rolls) today for time's sake, but you can certainly make yours from scratch at home, and the stone will give you great results with your tried and true recipes."

we have to remember that we are offering our services to a WIDE range of customers. You can tailor any show to any taste, preference or request. We don't have to eat any of the food. There are plenty of recipes I make that I woul never eat. We have to make our business and products accessible and easy for everyone.

ChefBeckyD said:
Yes, one thing I've been impressed with is how most of the new recipes call for real food ingredients, not canned, processed food.

For instance - the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder is from scratch - and is a favorite demo of mine!

As are the Mexican Cheese Crisps - awesome, and people love the guacamole made from scratch!

The 29 minutes to Dinner cookbooks, the new Vegetarian Cookbook, and the soups, stews, and chili's cookbook are all great.

The Latin Flavor books are mostly scratch cooking, too.

What is the purpose of having critics on Pampered Chef recipes in general?

The critics on Pampered Chef recipes serve as a way for customers to give honest feedback and reviews on the recipes they have tried. This helps other customers make informed decisions on which recipes to try and also provides valuable feedback for the company to improve their recipes.

How can I access the critics and reviews on Pampered Chef recipes?

The critics and reviews on Pampered Chef recipes can be found on the company's website, under the specific recipe that you are interested in. You can also find them on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, where customers often share their experiences and opinions.

Are the critics on Pampered Chef recipes reliable?

Yes, the critics on Pampered Chef recipes are from real customers who have tried the recipes. They are not paid or incentivized to leave positive reviews, so you can trust that the reviews are honest and unbiased.

What should I do if I have a negative experience with a Pampered Chef recipe?

If you have a negative experience with a Pampered Chef recipe, we encourage you to leave a review and provide constructive feedback. This helps us improve our recipes and make them even better for our customers. You can also reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Can I leave a review on a Pampered Chef recipe even if I haven't purchased the product?

Yes, you can leave a review on a Pampered Chef recipe even if you haven't purchased the product. However, we encourage you to only leave reviews on recipes that you have actually tried to provide accurate and helpful feedback for other customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
keynibear
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • ghosking1856
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies