• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Budget-Friendly Recipes Workshop Invitation - Need Ideas?

In summary, the host is looking for a recipe that is less expensive and with fewer expensive ingredients. She was thinking about the power cooking meal, but the host doesn't want to have to buy all those ingredients. Any ideas?
K_Jurich
Ok I have a show on Friday and my host just called to see if she could change the recipe she originally chose the three cheese garden pizza. But she now says she is on a budget and needs something with less not so expensive ingredients. Any ideas? I was thinking about the power cooking but she doesn't want to have to buy all those ingredients I am guessing she ins't realizing that she will have 2 nights of dinner after. So now I don't know what to make? Anybody have any ideas? ? ? Thanks in advance. . .

Creamy One Pot Pasta is inexpensive. The most expensive item is the sun-dried tomatoes, which can be $3-4 per jar depending on where you shop. But the rest of the ingredients are either staples (which she might have in her pantry) or aren't expensive.

I made the Microwave White Chicken Chili for $11.If you log into CC and click on the "Now More Than Ever" box in the top left, it lists all the $2 or less per serving recipes.

DebbieJ said:
I made the Microwave White Chicken Chili for $11.

If you log into CC and click on the "Now More Than Ever" box in the top left, it lists all the $2 or less per serving recipes.

I just made this over the weekend, it was a very cheap recipe since I already had chicken on hand. I also only bought 1 pepper (it was still really hot!).

30 Minute Chicken and Garlic Parmesan Biscuit Bites.

$6 for a chicken, and $1.50 for the biscuits, plus 1/2 stick of butter. I usually provide the rest of the ingredients. (parmesan, garlic, Italian Seasoning, seasoning mix for chicken) If you don't want to provide the parmesan - just don't use it.

Classic Mini Cheeseburgers - you can leave out the parsley, so basically all you need is the hamburger meat, onion, cheese and buns (she may already have pickles in the fridge).

I made 3 of the Power Cooking meals last week, and with leftovers, it actually made 6 meals!

microwave fajitas in the DCB are inexpensive.

turtle fudge skillet cake or a brownie trifle

I agree on the fajitas or 30 minute chicken

I had one lady who I *knew* was on a strict budget, and I donated her ingredients and wrote them off as a business expense. She was VERY thankful and I know I have a host for life now because I did that for her! (go with your gut instinct on that one...sometimes people are just complaining to complain...)

KellyTheChef said:
turtle fudge skillet cake or a brownie trifle

I agree on the fajitas or 30 minute chicken

I had one lady who I *knew* was on a strict budget, and I donated her ingredients and wrote them off as a business expense. She was VERY thankful and I know I have a host for life now because I did that for her! (go with your gut instinct on that one...sometimes people are just complaining to complain...)

I usually do this if I know the host is strapped, and usually because we arrange for me to get them and me be reimbursed (so I know I have what I need) but I always forget to ask them for it after the show!

The cheeseburger salad is pretty cheap too. You usually have the majority of the ingredients on hand!

chefann said:
Creamy One Pot Pasta is inexpensive. The most expensive item is the sun-dried tomatoes, which can be $3-4 per jar depending on where you shop. But the rest of the ingredients are either staples (which she might have in her pantry) or aren't expensive.

You can also used cherry tomatoes...still tastes good, just not as intense a flavor.

When the host is on a SUPER tight budget, I highly recommend Mexicali Cornbread Squares. I had one host ready to cancel on me b/c "groceries were so expensive for this recipe", so I purchased and wrote it off, but it cost me a grand total of $8.46, including tax. Feeds an army and shows a ton of tools.

After talking to the host she decided on the 30 minute chicken. Worked out that she had a chicken in the freezer she she doesn't have to do any shopping. So, for those who have done this at a show do you start cooking it as soon as you get there or do you do the interactive show and have the guest prepare the meal then cook it. . . not sure what to do. I have been doing the interactive show but since this one has to cook for 30 minutes I don't know what to do. Thank you all for your great advice this is why I love this site SO MUCH:love::love:

bumping. . . .

make sure she thaws out the chicken ahead of time.

I would ask the host how much the chicken weighs. I've only done this at one show, and I showed the guests what I did to prepare it and then I put it in the microwave. The chicken was huge, larger than the 3-4 pounds the recipe calls for. It took a lot longer than 30 minutes. Are you doing another recipe to go along with it?

I am trying to convince the host to do the garlic parm bites too. But she seems like she only wants to make something she already has instead of going to the store to get anything.

See if she has ingredients for chicken tacos or fajitas or bbq chicken pizza or bbq chicken sandwiches. Even if she just has bbq sauce you could pull the chicken apart with the hold n slice after you cut it off with a FC knife. Then mix it up in one of the stainless bowls. You could also make Jerk Chicken Nachos if she has chips and cheese, or just use the Jerk Chicken or BBQ seasoning on the chicken and let everyone taste it. It really is about the products, so you can creat a vision by telling everyone what they could do if she isn't able/willing to have other food available.

K_Jurich said:
I am trying to convince the host to do the garlic parm bites too. But she seems like she only wants to make something she already has instead of going to the store to get anything.

then bring the ingredients for the bites yourself. They are super cheap!

Has anyone made up a flyer/invitation for a "Budget-Friendly Recipes" type of show?

I want to do a HWC fundraiser this month and this is the theme I'd like to go with. I want to call it a Workshop since this seems to go over well when I put that type of spin on it.

I'm not creative in making flyers from scratch, so I just thought I'd see if anyone out there has something similar that I can start with. I'm happy to share it once I finish. I did search the files, but couldn't find anything. I know there's a printable pdf invitation for this, but I don't want to use the wording "Cooking Show" necessarily.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!:)

Corn Dogs in the MMP is the cheapest recipe I have ever made.

pamperedbecky said:
Has anyone made up a flyer/invitation for a "Budget-Friendly Recipes" type of show?

I want to do a HWC fundraiser this month and this is the theme I'd like to go with. I want to call it a Workshop since this seems to go over well when I put that type of spin on it.

I'm not creative in making flyers from scratch, so I just thought I'd see if anyone out there has something similar that I can start with. I'm happy to share it once I finish. I did search the files, but couldn't find anything. I know there's a printable pdf invitation for this, but I don't want to use the wording "Cooking Show" necessarily.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!:)
I never came back to post my invitation for my Budget-Friendly Recipes Workshop. I'll attach it here. I'm doing it Monday and I just found out yesterday that my DH will be out of town!! Crap! I was counting on him to get our 4 and 6 year olds to bed. Dang. So, now I"m trying to find a sitter who will be home with them and will put them to bed. Aaaahhh!! Just what I need-more stress!

Anyway, here's the flyer....

Attachments

• invite budget friendly workshop.doc
    30 KB · Views: 448

What are some affordable recipes for a busy weeknight?

One affordable recipe for a busy weeknight is a one-pot pasta dish, where you can cook the pasta and sauce all in one pot. Another option is a stir-fry with vegetables and protein, using affordable ingredients like frozen vegetables and tofu or chicken.

Are there any affordable recipes for a vegetarian diet?

Yes, there are many affordable options for a vegetarian diet. Some ideas include vegetable-based soups or stews, bean and rice dishes, and veggie-packed pastas. You can also find affordable meat substitutes, like tofu or tempeh, to add protein to your meals.

How can I make affordable meals for a large family?

One way to make affordable meals for a large family is to buy ingredients in bulk and utilize leftovers. You can also choose affordable staples like beans, rice, and pasta, and incorporate vegetables and proteins to create filling and budget-friendly meals.

What are some affordable recipes for meal prepping?

Meal prepping can save both time and money. Some affordable meal prep recipe ideas include quinoa bowls with roasted vegetables, chicken and vegetable stir-fry, and Mason jar salads with a variety of toppings and dressings.

How can I make affordable and healthy meals?

To make affordable and healthy meals, focus on using whole, unprocessed ingredients. Incorporate plenty of vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains into your meals. You can also use herbs and spices to add flavor without breaking the bank. Planning and prepping meals in advance can also help you stay on track with your budget and healthy eating goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies