• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Meatless Recipes for Shows During Lent! Help!

In summary, anyone have any suggestions? I just realized I have shows booked for every Friday during Lent so I need some meatless dishes. The only two I have come up with so far are the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder (without bacon) and Garden Vegetable Pizza. Any other suggestions?
mgranich
Anyone have any suggestions? I just realized I have shows booked for every Friday during Lent so I need some meatless dishes. The only two I have come up with so far are the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder (without bacon) and Garden Vegetable Pizza. Any other suggestions?

Any dessert. Strawberry Spinach Salad or other salads. Salsa. Dips and sauces (pantry show). Well, that's a start.

tomato basil squaresthere's the new orzotto recipe from the spring seasons best too, but make it first to see if you like it. We made it last night at our recipe night and most weren't thrilled.

Creamy One-Pot Pasta is my vegetarian niece's favorite!​

Mango Confetti Salsa. or Cinnachips and any fruit salsa

Penne ala Fresca, without the chicken!! Also make sure you use vegetable broth & extra wine.... ;)

LeslieSGI said:
Creamy One-Pot Pasta is my vegetarian niece's favorite!​

I too do this one! Vegie broth instead!

scottcooks said:
Mango Confetti Salsa. or Cinnachips and any fruit salsa

I am making the Mango Confetti Salsa for my show tomorrow! I will also make up Southwestern and Dill Dip and serve with pretzels in the Cool & Serve Tray for my show tomorrow.

Last year, I did the chicken broccoli ring and substitued tuna for chicken, everyone loved it!

You could do the red, white and green lasagna and use Boca crumbles instead of ground turkey

I live in the South, where there are not a ton of Catholics or those that follow the meatless tradition during Lent. I am Catholic, so I mentioned it to both hosts that I have tomorrow (Ash Wed) and this Friday. We're doing a dessert for tomorrow night (the Lemon-Cherry Crumble), and Friday, we're going to do Jalepeno Popper Pizzas and not add the bacon until we find out whether anyone is concerned about meat or not.

Do you have a DCB? I LOOOOOOOVE the Pasta Prima Vera. It's so simple, delicious and all my hosts really like it

I'd also suggest the Creamy One Pot Pasta or the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco, without the chicken-it's just as delicious!

ChefZee said:
Do you have a DCB? I LOOOOOOOVE the Pasta Prima Vera. It's so simple, delicious and all my hosts really like it

Is this recipe in the Deep Covered Baker cookboook? ( Pasta Prima Vera)?

mgranich said:
Is this recipe in the Deep Covered Baker cookboook? ( Pasta Prima Vera)?

Yes ma'am, it is.

I love the spinach and cheese manicotti! Takes a while to cook in the DCB but every show that I have made it, everyone LOVED it!

You could always substitute seafood for the meat.....probably a little more expensive, but another option. We don't eat meat on fridays but we do eat fish, shrimp and things of that nature! At least, that is what we do here!

What are some popular meatless recipes for Lent?

Some popular meatless recipes for Lent include vegetarian lasagna, black bean tacos, lentil soup, vegetable stir-fry, and quinoa salad.

Do you have any meatless recipes that are easy to make for a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, we have several meatless recipes that are easy to make for a Pampered Chef show, such as our veggie pizza, roasted vegetable medley, and spinach and cheese stuffed shells.

Are there any meatless recipes that are also gluten-free?

Yes, we have a variety of meatless recipes that are also gluten-free, including our quinoa and black bean chili, eggplant parmesan, and stuffed bell peppers.

Can you recommend any meatless recipes that are kid-friendly?

Absolutely! Some kid-friendly meatless recipes include mac and cheese with hidden veggies, zucchini noodles with marinara sauce, and sweet potato and black bean quesadillas.

Are there any meatless recipes that are suitable for a large group?

Yes, we have many meatless recipes that are perfect for feeding a large group, such as our vegetable lasagna roll-ups, black bean and corn salsa, and seven-layer dip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefsteph07
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • Krista Burson