1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Need a change in my recipes i amke at shows! Please HELP!

1. Hello everyone:) This is my first post and I hope it goes thru. I just found this site and wow so much info! I wanted to post a question and try to get some feedback. At my shows I have been making the Spinach & Artichoke braid since day one! I guess I became to comfortable and was afraid to change since it worked. Some shows I have 2 or 3 girls come from my previous shows and I think it's getting played out. During the summer I tried the Asian chopped salad but I was so lost on what to do next I was mortified:( I did try it at home. Well, I went back to the braid grrr. I want to make something else but simple on my stone. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated! I need to get out of my comfort zone. Thank you so much!

Apr 4, 2009
  2. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Do you have the deep covered baker? I have been making the chicken fajitas in the microwave and they have been a huge hit! It's a new recipe for me - I prefer the rings and braids myself but have never made the spinach and artichoke one. If you don't have the baker I suggest you buy it during kit enhancement month. People have to see it to believe it and they are willing to pay for it once the see it.

Apr 4, 2009
  3. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

How about the Jerk Chicken Nachos - yummy! Make on the round stone or even on the bar pan.

potstickers, chicken club pizza, clubhouse chicken squares, tomato basil squares, hot dips of any and all sorts, strawberry amaretto pastries, chocolate chip sensation, and banana toffee pizza are some of the things I've done on stoneware.

I also like to do skillet cakes and trifles at home but don't have alot of hosts interested. You do of course need cookware or the trifle bowl for these and it doesn't really help if you're wanting to you cookware.

Good luck!

Apr 4, 2009
  4. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

Also as I mentioned in the shoutbox, the last two recipes in each section of the season's best are made with products from the kit so all consultants can make these. Maybe you'll find something there. I'm not sure how new you are, but I did the same few recipes for over a year :)

Apr 4, 2009
  5. Yes I have the baker and love it, but I wonder not everyone has decent microwaves. My family gets so grossed out when i cooked my chicken in the microwave. Is the Chciken fajitas in the season best?

Apr 4, 2009
  6. Thanks so much!!!:chef:

Apr 4, 2009
  7. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

That's what's great about this recipe. Everyone there says "If I hadn't seen you do it, I never would have thought this was microwave chicken!" I haven't had an issue with a hostess microwave yet.

As for where the recipe came from - I have no idea. But you can find it on here and adapt it to your liking. It's really simple, easy to make an interactive show if you like. And it'll only take about 30 minutes start to finish, even with product cross selling.

Apr 5, 2009
  8. Jewel

Jewel Member Gold Member

Also on CC there are recipes for the DCB. I think there are 5 or 6 on that sheet and they are awesome! Very easy too. I am from a microwave generation I guess because I cook everything in there. I have only had 1 issue w/a host microwave and I was making the Chocolate Velvate cake and her microwave took forever, it was old and she wanted a new one so she told her husband that it quit during her party. :p Anyway I love those recipes.

Apr 5, 2009
  9. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Oh my, oh my, oh my. There are sooooooo many!!!! Take a look at the older SB on CC and check those out. I've got a little list that I actually let my hosts pick from and they love being able to have such a selection.

Apr 5, 2009
  10. Thanks for all the great advice. I do need to start doing a few more recipes. I get very nervous at my shows thinking if I do a new recipie I will mess up. I need a step by step outline.

Apr 5, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

There are step-by-step outlines on CC for the New Consultant Kit recipes (with cards you can use at your shows) - you could try branching out with those.
    3 cheese garden pizza is one of them, and it's very good!

Apr 6, 2009
  12. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

Do you think that's a list that you could share? I am trying to come up with one myself to present to my hosts, but I am having a hard time finding just the right variety of recipes

13. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ANYTHING IN THE DCB!!!! I DO EITHER THE CHICKEN FAJITAS OR GRILLED CHICKEN PENNE AL FRESCO (I tell the hostess she can get a rotissire chicken instead of grilling). I have been selling between TWO AND FOUR Deep Covered Bakers EVERY show!! That is a huge $$$ for show totals!

Apr 6, 2009
  14. AlowayFamily

AlowayFamily Advanced Member Gold Member

And don't worry too much about messing up - I do it all the time! I made garlic bites to go with my Chicken Penne pasta in the DCB at my last show and forgot to put the seasoning and parmesan on top of the bread before I baked it. They still ooohed and ahhhhed over the bread!

15. vonfirmath

vonfirmath Member

My own microwave is not big enough to put the DCB in :( But it seems all the recipes in the new SB and the Vol 2 are microwave for that piece. How do you convert a microwave recipe to the oven?

Apr 13, 2009
  16. colegrovet

colegrovet Veteran Member Gold Member

I've been doing the Taffy Apple Tartlets.. the past 3-4 months.. everyone loves them and I've been selling the tort pans and tort shapers like crazy.

They are so addictive!! :)

Apr 13, 2009
  17. maassl

maassl Guest

My favorite recipe to do at shows is the Aloha Pizza recipe. It isn't in the SB this time but is still on consultants corner. It is a winner every time! I need to try doing a DCB recipe at a show... I love using mine!

Apr 13, 2009
  18. Jess_K

Jess_K Member

I really like the Three Cheese Garden Pizza, quick easy, and it's one of the new consultant recipes. It's a good way to make something with most of the items in the kit, and also great for summertime! I've sold quite a few bar pans at my shows making it, and the other items used for it.

Apr 20, 2009
Have something to add?