• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on What Recipes to Use for Lent

In summary, I think it is a good idea to offer a meatless or vegetarian recipe on a Friday show during Lent as it can be a hit with the guests.
Krista Burson
Gold Member
Ok, I just realized that we're coming into Lent, and I was wondering what recipes go over well on Friday night shows. I don't want to always have to tell my host, "I'm sorry, but you chose a Friday show during Lent so I can only do this one recipe". (The only one I really know that is "meatless" is the Three Cheese Garden Pizza. Just wondering if anyone else has a recipe that is an absolute hit that would work for Fridays.

Thanks in advance

I have never worried about it and have never had a problem during Lent. I always offer desserts so they can pick something like that if they want.

The only problem I've run across was with a large Italian family (like - they were all speaking Italian, and I was feeling lost!) where several of them had given up chocolate for Lent.
And it really wasn't a problem - we just made something non-chocolate.

I guess you could ask your hosts if they/their guests are restricted in any way because of Lent.

I am having that same issue...I was wondering about fish tacos....tuna noodle casserole

vegitarian pizza....something along those lines

I can think of the Bread Bowl artichoke dips, crispy french bread pizza bites and I just did the Moroccan hummus cups and those went over very well! Sold 3 EAD using that one. These are all no meat!

DESSERTS are easiest!

I always make Fajita Pizza, chicken is optional so that's a good one if you want to leave out the meat.

Thanks so much for the ideas.

question, are you doing no meat because you are following lent?

Just curious.

I would just offer the same recipes that you normally offer and let the host take it from there. If they book on a Friday during Lent (and are observing Lent) then they can let you know and you could offer some meatless choices.

I am just offering my normal recipe list. It has a variety of recipes - so if they (or they know their guests) are observing lent, they can choose accordingly.

It is really up to the host if she wants to pick one with meat or not - she knows herself and her guests better than I do.

Symara said:
question, are you doing no meat because you are following lent?

Just curious.

I'm not, usually I don't offer a "recipe" per say, I offer... entree, appetizer, dessert or a combination. I try to stick with recipes that I'm comfortable with because I haven't been consistent with my show schedule. I just remember the last time I did a Friday show during Lent, I made the taco ring (the host actually picked the taco ring), I get there and start the demo, and out of the 15people that were there, only two did not follow lent, and the host was not one of the two. I think what I will do during the host coaching is remind them that it is Lent, and did they still want to go with the original recipe.

1. What are some good meat-free recipes for Lent?

Some popular options for meat-free meals during Lent include vegetarian lasagna, lentil soup, fish tacos, vegetable stir-fry, and roasted vegetable quinoa bowls.

2. Can you recommend any seafood recipes for Lent?

Yes, there are many delicious seafood recipes that are perfect for Lent. Some ideas include baked salmon, shrimp scampi, fish and chips, seafood paella, and tuna casserole.

3. Are there any traditional Lenten recipes that are easy to make?

Absolutely! Some traditional Lenten recipes that are easy to make include black bean soup, macaroni and cheese, tuna salad sandwiches, and vegetable curry.

4. Can I still use my Pampered Chef products for Lenten recipes?

Yes, many of our products can be used to make delicious Lenten meals. Our stoneware is great for baking fish and vegetables, our food chopper is perfect for making meatless sauces, and our cookware is versatile for cooking a variety of Lenten dishes.

5. Are there any one-pot meal options for Lent?

Yes, there are plenty of one-pot meal options for Lent. Some ideas include vegetable chili, lentil and vegetable stew, seafood gumbo, and pasta primavera.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
thepartylady
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
Replies