• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Lent-Friendly Recipes for Catholic Mothers and DCB/Fluted Stone Owners

In summary, Paula's AD advised her to just stick to vegetarianism and Lent is all good. Paula found recipes that are meat-free and found a dip that was perfect for one of her hosts during Lent.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Last Friday I observed my AD's show and she mentioned that she tries to be VERY SENSITIVE to Lent. (All the women at the show were "Catholic mothers" so they were appreciative.) She even avoids chocolate b/c some people give that up instead of meat.

She made the one pot pasta which is nice. However ... I currently lack PC cookware. I have, however, been building my stoneware collection and am the proud owner of a DCB and a fluted stone. Any suggestions on lent-friendly recipes I could try?

I just had a host switch her party from a Saturday to a Friday! Any ideas would be great!

Any of the microwave cakes in the fluted pan would be good. Look in the recipe forum and there is a recipes by products thread that you can find a lot of fluted pan recipes.

You could make any of a number of meat-free appetizer pizzas on a flat stone or bar pan. Or, the Smashed potato soup, using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth (that's what I have done in the one-pot pasta, too). The Greek Torta (OK, I forget the name - it's the spread in the new SBRC) would also be good.

You can make this on either the large round stone or the large bar pan, I usually do the three cheese garden pizza from All The Best for lent. It shows a lot of tools, everyone loves it and it is meat free!!

Kosher showsI had this come up last Fall, when my host is Kosher. Essentially, her advice to me was, just to keep things vegetarian and all is good. However, if you're avoiding chocolate, that's tough - but the new Strawberry Shortcake recipes (from Sweet n' Simple) or even the lemon cakes would be great - and a great way to tempt people to book their March and April shows! Good luck to you!

I'm making the good ole veggie pizza, 2 bean chicken w/o the chicken, and/or cinnamon buns with the spinkles.

Taffy Apple Pizza is a good non-chocolate dessert, although it won't work if anyone is allergic to nuts.

Tomato basil pizza , brusheta, apple upside down cake even in the stoneware any chopped salad without chiken us alot of veggies

It might be best to stick to an appetizer or meal instead of a dessert because a lot of people give up sweets for Lent, not just chocolate. I always hate doing Friday night shows during Lent & usually try to avoid them if I can. Although this year I have 2 on Fridays during that time!

I thought for Lent if you give up something it's for the whole time, not just Friday's. No? Yes?

Hot Artichoke Crabmeat Dip from the old Celebrate cookbook was perfect for one of my hostesses one year during Lent. It tastes like a very cheesy, garlicky dip, too, in case you have someone who is wary of either the artichokes or the crabmeat. It's all chopped up with the Food Chopper anyway, so you don't really even know it's in there...

Best of luck,
Paula

Responding to Jae -
If you choose to give something up during Lent, then yes it's all days of Lent. (Like an example here - people giving up sweets or chocolate).

And also - Catholics don't eat meat on Fridays during Lent.

Thanks, jennyl. I was intertwining the two things.

Spinach Artichoke ring/wreath/braid

The Hot pizza dip, I made that Tuesday night, doubled, and it was gone....served with french bread brushed with our garlic infused oil.... HUGH HIT

Related to Lent-Friendly Recipes for Catholic Mothers and DCB/Fluted Stone Owners

What are some easy and delicious lent-friendly recipes for Catholic mothers to make using Pampered Chef products?

Some popular lent-friendly recipes for Catholic mothers include vegetable stir-fry using the Pampered Chef DCB/Fluted Stone, quinoa and black bean salad made in the Pampered Chef Salad Chopper, and roasted fish and vegetables cooked in the Pampered Chef Rectangular Baker.

Can the Pampered Chef DCB/Fluted Stone be used to make meatless lent dishes?

Yes, the Pampered Chef DCB/Fluted Stone is great for making meatless lent dishes such as vegetarian lasagna, eggplant parmesan, and roasted vegetable casserole.

What are some lent-friendly dessert options that can be made in the Pampered Chef DCB/Fluted Stone?

The Pampered Chef DCB/Fluted Stone is perfect for making delicious lent-friendly desserts such as fruit crisp, bread pudding, and chocolate lava cakes. You can also use it to make a crustless quiche for a savory option.

How can I modify my favorite recipes to make them lent-friendly using the Pampered Chef DCB/Fluted Stone?

You can easily modify your favorite recipes by substituting meat with tofu or beans, using vegetable broth instead of chicken or beef broth, and replacing dairy products with plant-based alternatives. The Pampered Chef DCB/Fluted Stone helps to evenly cook and enhance the flavors of these modified dishes.

Are there any lent-friendly recipes specifically designed for the Pampered Chef DCB/Fluted Stone?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of lent-friendly recipes that are perfect for cooking in the DCB/Fluted Stone. Some popular options include ratatouille, lentil and vegetable soup, and roasted cauliflower and chickpea curry. These recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef website or through your local consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chefstover2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chefstover2
Replies
Views
kdangel518
Back