• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Old Pws Over to New Pws- Question on Migration

In summary, you should expect your new website to redirect to your new page content/format once you publish it. You need to opt in to the Newsletter on the new site and make sure that all the contacts who are supposed to get your Newsletter are part of the "Send eNewsletter" group within your contacts. Next is to actually set up and submit a show in the new system.
esavvymom
Staff member
I have gone through the steps listed on CC to finish my migration...I THINK.
I did my P3 contacts, migrated them over to the server (I see them now). I set up my "new PWS" site, hit the "PUBLISH" button, etc.

When should I expect my "new" PWS URL (www.pamperedchef. biz/myname)- which is what they show in my NEW website profile and is the same as my original, when will that reflect my NEW page content/format, and not my old one? The instructions say that once I publish my new site, that it should redirect to that page.

Am I missing a step?? Or just not waiting long enough for it to take affect in the system?

I finally bit the bullet and did this today. It took me forever to find the answer to the question you're asking, but eventually, I did. Your new site will work as soon as you cancel your old PWS. You have to follow the links from the new site to the old system and click the "Cancel" button for your old PWS. It will ask you a million times if you're sure. Just keep saying "yes". As soon as that is done, when you type in your website address, you'll see your new site.I'm still nervous about using the new system, but I have to say, moving everything from old to new was a lot more painless than I expected.If you've been using the Newsletter, you'll need to opt in to the Newsletter on the new site and make sure that all the contacts who are supposed to get your Newsletter are part of the "Send eNewsletter" group within your contacts.Hope that helps.Shari in TX

Thank you! After you posted your reply, I found the entry in the Knowledge Base area...I forgot that was there! But can I just tell you, hitting "cancel" on my website, was a bit nerve wracking! Especially when they asked you 3 times "are you sure??!". LOL.But I did it, and as soon as I did, I went to refresh my .biz page and there she was- my new website!
now I just need to verify I have the e-newsletter contacts correctly done (already "opted-in") and I guess I'm officially moved over.phew!

I know exactly what you mean! It was awful hitting that button!Honestly, the move over was a lot less painful than I thought it would be and I am excited to have all my contacts in one place. I had a list on P3 and the one on my PWS plus an email list in Hotmail and an Evite list. Talk about a pain trying to keep them all in sync! I did it that way because I wanted more flexibility with sending emails and invitations. I'm really hoping that the new system has that flexibility built into it -- it feels like it does.Next is to actually set up and submit a show in the new system. Here's hoping it's as easy as migrating contacts and setting up my website was.High five for getting everything done before the August 1 deadline!Shari in TX

Ironically, I had submitted both a catalog type show and an individual order in the new web....just not through the website itself. So i had already played with the mobile app and the web system in that regards. I was just afraid to cut off P3 and my old pws until I knew. I am official. Now I just need to relaunch my business and have shows again (besides the 2-3 catalog shows and orders each year, enough to barely "be").Thanks again

Can someone tell me how I get to the part where I cancel my Personal Website? I feel dumb, but I just can't find it! When I go to my website and hit my account (where I think I would go to cancel) the only options there are my profile, change password and shipping addresses. It says to use the new website. When I go there to cancel it asks if I really want to cancel my ebiz tools, when I know I need to cancel my PWS. I'm so confused...Thanks in advance!

Ok, ready?1. Log in to the new PC site with your login name/number and password
2. Hover over "My Shows"
3. At the bottom of the list the drops down, you'll see "Legacy PWS and P3"
4. Click that
5. Click on the "Go to your personal website assistant" link about halfway down the page that comes up
6. A new window will pop up with a big orange button that says "Personal Website Assistant"
7. Click the big orange button
8. A new window will pop up with options that I can no longer see because I've already cancelled mine, but I think the option to the far right is "cancel my subscription"
9. Click that and then just keep saying "yes" when it asks you if you're sureAs soon as you get the message that you've cancelled your subscription, when you type your website address into the search box of your browser, your new site will come up. Just make sure you've migrated all your contacts. Also, make sure you know which people are getting your newsletter and which aren't if you have just been keeping the list in the newsletter portion of your PWS and not the contacts portion. I'm really happy with the integration of the new system when it comes to contacts. Now when someone says they don't want to get information from me or they do, I know they'll be taken off or added to all the right lists with just a click on a checkbox.I hope that helps. It's kind of like a scavenger hunt!Shari in TX

Shari in TX said:
Ok, ready?1. Log in to the new PC site with your login name/number and password
2. Hover over "My Shows"
3. At the bottom of the list the drops down, you'll see "Legacy PWS and P3"
4. Click that
5. Click on the "Go to your personal website assistant" link about halfway down the page that comes up
6. A new window will pop up with a big orange button that says "Personal Website Assistant"
7. Click the big orange button
8. A new window will pop up with options that I can no longer see because I've already cancelled mine, but I think the option to the far right is "cancel my subscription"
9. Click that and then just keep saying "yes" when it asks you if you're sureAs soon as you get the message that you've cancelled your subscription, when you type your website address into the search box of your browser, your new site will come up. Just make sure you've migrated all your contacts. Also, make sure you know which people are getting your newsletter and which aren't if you have just been keeping the list in the newsletter portion of your PWS and not the contacts portion. I'm really happy with the integration of the new system when it comes to contacts. Now when someone says they don't want to get information from me or they do, I know they'll be taken off or added to all the right lists with just a click on a checkbox.I hope that helps. It's kind of like a scavenger hunt!Shari in TX
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm not sure if you found this somewhere (I had searched), but you are the best! I'd hug you if you were in front of me :) :) :)

I have a host trying to set up her account and it will not take her phone #. If she had an account on the old web will it still be there and she just needs to log in? I told her to try without the - in between the numbers while I checked with others. Thanks.

iteachurkid said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I'm not sure if you found this somewhere (I had searched), but you are the best! I'd hug you if you were in front of me :) :) :)
I recently changed over and had to search for a while to figure out how to do that final step of cancelling my website. So, when you asked, I walked through it step-by-step again and typed each step as I did it. That's why that last step is a little incomplete -- I no longer can see the page with the "cancel" website on it.I figured if I wrote it all out once, then it could help a bunch of other people. Glad it helped you!Shari in TX

My past host finally found herself. I am still frustrated that when we migrated all our contacts from p3 they do not all migrate and the home office does not know why. I have found another I had to put in manually and wonder how many others are not there. Does anyone else have this problem?

I found the same some do not transfer.

What is everyone doing about the income/expense record? I've still been putting expenses in p3 because I can print the report for taxes. Should I start adding it in the new web (not sure where it is there) and can a report be printed from there? I thought it would be better to have one report instead of two that needed to be merged.

Thank you Shari!
Shari in TX said:
I recently changed over and had to search for a while to figure out how to do that final step of cancelling my website. So, when you asked, I walked through it step-by-step again and typed each step as I did it. That's why that last step is a little incomplete -- I no longer can see the page with the "cancel" website on it.

I figured if I wrote it all out once, then it could help a bunch of other people. Glad it helped you!

Shari in TX

So glad I found this thread as I could not figure out how to cancel yesterday to save my life! I did do everything else and submitted my first new style show last night. I was able to cancel the old website today and all is well with my new website now. Guess I'll keep "Pampering" for a while longer! Thanks so much Shari!

byrd1956 said:
What is everyone doing about the income/expense record? I've still been putting expenses in p3 because I can print the report for taxes. Should I start adding it in the new web (not sure where it is there) and can a report be printed from there? I thought it would be better to have one report instead of two that needed to be merged.
There is a place to do expense/income on the new web. Click on the "Business Center" tab on CC. Then in the drop down menu, the last one listed is the "My Income & Expense".

1. What is the purpose of migrating old PWS to new PWS?

The purpose of migrating old PWS to new PWS is to update and improve the functionality and security of the PWS system. This allows for a better user experience and ensures that the PWS system is up-to-date with the latest technology.

2. Will my old PWS data be transferred to the new PWS?

Yes, all data from the old PWS will be transferred to the new PWS during the migration process. This includes user accounts, settings, and any saved information.

3. Do I need to create a new account for the new PWS?

No, your current account for the old PWS will be automatically transferred to the new PWS. You can use your existing login credentials to access the new PWS.

4. Will there be any downtime during the migration process?

There may be a brief period of downtime during the migration process as the data is transferred from the old PWS to the new PWS. However, we will make every effort to minimize any potential downtime and ensure a smooth transition.

5. Do I need to make any changes to my existing websites or applications after the migration?

In most cases, no changes will need to be made to your existing websites or applications. The migration process will ensure that all links and connections to the PWS remain intact. However, if you encounter any issues, please contact our support team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lauradorable
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • NooraK