• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Show on a Budget w/Chicken & Strawberries!

In summary, the conversation suggests that the host is on a tight budget and is looking for ideas for a Saturday show. She has lots of chicken breasts and strawberries on hand and is also a good baker. Some suggestions include making a fruit dip for the strawberries, chicken salad on crackers, and chicken fajitas using southwest seasoning. Other options mentioned are grilling chicken breasts with various seasonings and creating a chicken salad entree with garnishes. It is also mentioned that doing an interactive demo with the chicken fajitas is a fun and popular option. The conversation also includes a discussion about the affordability and quality of produce from Aldi.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I have a show on saturday at 10:30am for a host who is on a very tight budget. The show is also outdoors. She said she has lots of chicken breasts and strawberries on hand. She is also a great baker so could come up with something that way. I have had a migrane all day so am having a hard time thinking of something.

I need ideas please!!!!

Do fruit dip for the strawberries.... Cream cheese and a jar of marshmellow creme mix in the batter bowl and you have a dip! (2 ingredients) You can show off the knife for slicing the strawberries, batter bowl, mixing spatula, and the chillzane?? Then Chicken salad on crackers??? She should have mayo and hopefully eggs on hand and if she has pickles chop that in the chopper for relish or pickle cubes... Inexpensive and refreshing for outside! Then boil tea bags in the microwave in the small micro cooker before hand and pour it up in the quick stir pitcher with lemons! COOL, REFRESSHING treats on a warm day???

Last edited:
I would say chicken fajhitas in the baker if you have it
1 onion sliced up, 1 or two peppers sliced up, lay in baker and sprinkle with southwest seasoning, and then lay chicken breasts over that and sprinkle with seasoning. I would cut up the chicken breasts into strips.
Bake in micro for 18 minutes. Then just see how extavegant she wants to go..you can keep it simple and cheap by serving up in flour tortillas and a little sour cream and cheese. Yummy and budget friendly...it goes a long way, too

kreaser said:
I would say chicken fajhitas in the baker if you have it
1 onion sliced up, 1 or two peppers sliced up, lay in baker and sprinkle with southwest seasoning, and then lay chicken breasts over that and sprinkle with seasoning. I would cut up the chicken breasts into strips.
Bake in micro for 18 minutes. Then just see how extavegant she wants to go..you can keep it simple and cheap by serving up in flour tortillas and a little sour cream and cheese. Yummy and budget friendly...it goes a long way, too

This is what I was going to suggest too. I hear it's a GREAT interactive demo too and lots of top, top consultants have been doing this as a cheap meal. OR if you have a lot of the savory seasonings, just grill/cook up chicken breasts with the various seasonings/rubs and cube them up and have toothpicks handy so people can take samples of the various flavors.

I thought of the fajitas but I will be outdoors and Bell peppers are really expensive arround here. Although I could volunteer those since I just got some cheap at Aldi.

I was thinking a chicken salad of some sort...

OMG! Don't you just Love ALDI. We have one around here and I go there at least once a week to get milk for $1.99. They have the best tasting produce too. It's always so fresh.

etteluap70PC said:
I thought of the fajitas but I will be outdoors and Bell peppers are really expensive arround here. Although I could volunteer those since I just got some cheap at Aldi.

I was thinking a chicken salad of some sort...

I was at Granite City for dinner and they were charging $15 for a chicken salad entree... It was a 1/4 of a pineapple quartered (laying down), then they cut out a bit of it and scooped in the chicken salad. They garnished with strawberries and orange wedges. It was really pretty looking. You could totally do a chicken salad and making it really pretty... maybe getting some guests hands on with garnishes?

pamperedbecky said:
This is what I was going to suggest too. I hear it's a GREAT interactive demo too and lots of top, top consultants have been doing this as a cheap meal. OR if you have a lot of the savory seasonings, just grill/cook up chicken breasts with the various seasonings/rubs and cube them up and have toothpicks handy so people can take samples of the various flavors.

I have been doing the chicken fajitas for about a year now - and it is a WONDERFUL interactive demo. I did it for a long time non-interactive, but in February, started doing it as an interactive show. I do the salad chopper salsa with it, and there is something for everyone to help with, even if it's just helping chop the salsa.

I have 2 more August shows using this demo, and already 2 of my Sept. shows specifically asked for this demo! It's a lot of fun, and then they get to make their fajita themselves!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have been doing the chicken fajitas for about a year now - and it is a WONDERFUL interactive demo. I did it for a long time non-interactive, but in February, started doing it as an interactive show. I do the salad chopper salsa with it, and there is something for everyone to help with, even if it's just helping chop the salsa.

I have 2 more August shows using this demo, and already 2 of my Sept. shows specifically asked for this demo! It's a lot of fun, and then they get to make their fajita themselves!

Yum!! I made this for dinner last night. So, do you put the salsa in with it or have that on the side? When I made it, I used the Chipotle seasoning, but it seemed like it still needed more flavor. Do you use that or the Southwestern? Before I use it at a show, I wanted to do something to give it more flavor. I may suggest this for my show in a couple weeks!

How did your show go??

pamperedbecky said:
Yum!! I made this for dinner last night. So, do you put the salsa in with it or have that on the side? When I made it, I used the Chipotle seasoning, but it seemed like it still needed more flavor. Do you use that or the Southwestern? Before I use it at a show, I wanted to do something to give it more flavor. I may suggest this for my show in a couple weeks!

I've always used the Southwest Seasoning....a little salt...and also I squeeze a little lime over the top to give it a little kick too.

And the salsa, I serve on the side with cheese and sour cream. I used to do the guacamole from the PC mix...but can't anymore.:cry:

Related to Creating a Show on a Budget w/Chicken & Strawberries!

What are some budget-friendly chicken and strawberry dishes?

Some budget-friendly chicken and strawberry dishes include strawberry balsamic chicken, strawberry and spinach salad with grilled chicken, strawberry and chicken quesadillas, and strawberry glazed chicken thighs.

Can I use frozen strawberries in these recipes?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries in these recipes. Just make sure to thaw them before using and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Are there any vegetarian options for this show?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with tofu or tempeh in these recipes to make them vegetarian-friendly.

What kitchen tools do I need for these recipes?

You will need a cutting board, knife, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, a blender or food processor, a grill or skillet, and basic cooking utensils.

Can I make these dishes ahead of time?

Yes, most of these dishes can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. Just make sure to reheat them properly before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76