• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Transform Your Host and Show Recipe Selection for Maximum Sales

In summary, it is your business to choose the recipes and you can politely change the host's choice if needed.
TheFreddiesCook
Do you always let the host choose a recipe? What I have done in my few shows so far, is to give them a list of the recipes that I am comfortable working with... But now that I've been reading here, seems like I need to change some of those to better sell some of the big tickets products, like the DCB.

Well, so far every host has chosen the Three Garden Pizza... So I am doing that pizza in my sleep now :p. I'd like to try something else to maybe demostrate the DCB or the cookware.

So my question is, should I be the one suggesting the recipe instead of letting the host choose? If I want to politely change the host's choice, how can I do it? Thanks!

I generally offer one recipe a month. I'll say something like "I've been doing these 15 min Chicken Fajitas and everyone loves them. It's just a few ingredients and it cooks in just 15 mins in the microwave. Everyone raves about them--what do you think?"9 times out of 10 they say it sounds great. It's your business--you control what you do.

I ask if they want to do an appetizer, a main dish or a dessert recipe, then I pick which recipe we do from that category

leslieprichett said:
I ask if they want to do an appetizer, a main dish or a dessert recipe, then I pick which recipe we do from that category

Ditto! The appetizer I do it the Elegant Artichoke Cups, the main dish is Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco & the dessert I do are the Truffle Brownie Cups. I've also offered the Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp a few times and it's always been a success!

I always phrase it like this, "For the month of January here are the recipes I'm offering - Spinach Carbonara Pizza, Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, or Pina Colada Upside Down Cake. Which of these most appeals to you for your party?

--always serve and make things you ARE COMFORTABLE with!!! NO extra stress needed!
--it makes them feel they are choosing..but keeps you in control.

I do the fully interactive shows, so as long as I have the right tools, I'm open to anything. I usually send 3-5 suggestions via e-mail & let them choose which one they want. Occasionally I'll have a host jump the gun & send me recipes that she found on line & wants to do. If I don't have all the tools, I tell her. One of them had what I was missing & we still did that recipe. But since I'm not the one doing the preparation, it's perfectly fine with me to try new things. I just make sure that if they are breaking down into groups to do 2 or 3 recipes that the host knows to choose two different cooking methods and not 2 microwave dishes or 2 oven dishes. So far, no complaints. ;)

1. What is a "Host and Show Recipe"?

A "Host and Show Recipe" is a recipe specifically designed for a Pampered Chef cooking demonstration or party. It showcases the use of our products and allows the host to earn rewards for hosting a party.

2. How do I find "Host and Show Recipes"?

You can find "Host and Show Recipes" in our catalog or on our website. They are labeled with a "H&S" symbol next to the recipe name.

3. Can I customize the "Host and Show Recipe" for my party?

Yes, you can customize the "Host and Show Recipe" by adding your own personal touches or by using different Pampered Chef products. Just make sure to mention any changes during the party so guests can purchase the correct products.

4. Can I use a "Host and Show Recipe" for a virtual party?

Yes, "Host and Show Recipes" can be used for both in-person and virtual parties. You can share the recipe with your guests beforehand so they can follow along during the demonstration.

5. Are there any special discounts for "Host and Show Recipes"?

Yes, as a thank you for hosting a party, the host can earn discounts on "Host and Show Recipes." These discounts can vary depending on the products used in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sjspchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
freebyrdz
  • lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lorilynn95
  • babywings76