• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some successful scripts for following up with leads from a craft fair?

like... 2500 cards). I only called those who checked something. For those who didn't check anything or who checked no, I mailed them a postcard if they provided their address. It was for 10% off their order or $10 additional free if they hosted a show. I think that mailing is a great idea as well. It's cheaper than flying out people, and it's a nice follow-up. I have also had success with giving away a free show. Means you pay for the ingredients and maybe the plates/plastic ware (or bring your PC Outdoor stuff). I think that this is a great idea! I recently (about 3 months ago) did a
sburnside
Gold Member
I have a booth at our county fair this week and have a drawing for $25 in free products. My drawing slip asks questions about hosting a show, collecting a catalog order, bridal registry, etc. Of course, if they mark these items, I will contact them in the very near future. What do you do with those who don't mark anything? If you've had booths in the past, do you contact everyone via phone? Do you send them the new mini-catalog next month? Do you assume they're not really interested and just in it for the chance of winning? I am excited about so many contacts but overwhelmed at the same time. I'm only 2 days in and have over 300 contacts. Please tell me what's been successful for you in the past. I don't want to spend tons of money on flyers and postage just to be disappointed. Thanks ahead of time for your feedback.

I did a large fair in April. I only called those who checked something. For those who didn't check anything or who checked no, I mailed them a postcard if they provided their address. It was for 10% off their order or $10 additional free if they hosted a show.

Guess what? No one called me. :)

With that many contacts, that's probably what I would do, too. The people who didn't check anything off were just entering to get the prize. You can order some cute postcards from Vistaprint with your info, a recipe and a coupon for something (10% off order, free shipping, etc.) and mail it to those people.

First, it's probably best to sort. Definitely contact anyone that marked something positive on their slip. As for those who didn't mark anything, they may have just signed up and they may just be scared to comment to a yes so call as many as possible. When I do a drawing, I actually place the container behind me so I'm the one putting them in. That way I actually write a little something on each one so I know how interested they are and anything that they tell me (personal or whatever will help me remember them). Maybe that will help with the rest of the week.This also cuts down on the just in it to win it people. I don't mind if they register, but I want to mark that they should be contacted last if at all. If they don't actually talk to me, I put a mark on it so that I know that when I'm calling.Don't waste money on fliers and postage. Calling is the ONLY way to go. Then you can follow up with sending something to those interested. Just be sure to stay organized so that you do what you say that you will.Good luck!! Oh...and many people offer a free show to everyone that entered and didn't win the grand prize. Means that you pay for the ingredients and maybe the plates/plastic ware (or bring your PC Outdoor stuff).

Jules711 said:
First, it's probably best to sort. Definitely contact anyone that marked something positive on their slip. As for those who didn't mark anything, they may have just signed up and they may just be scared to comment to a yes so call as many as possible. When I do a drawing, I actually place the container behind me so I'm the one putting them in. That way I actually write a little something on each one so I know how interested they are and anything that they tell me (personal or whatever will help me remember them). Maybe that will help with the rest of the week.

This also cuts down on the just in it to win it people. I don't mind if they register, but I want to mark that they should be contacted last if at all. If they don't actually talk to me, I put a mark on it so that I know that when I'm calling.

Don't waste money on fliers and postage. Calling is the ONLY way to go. Then you can follow up with sending something to those interested. Just be sure to stay organized so that you do what you say that you will.

Good luck!! Oh...and many people offer a free show to everyone that entered and didn't win the grand prize. Means that you pay for the ingredients and maybe the plates/plastic ware (or bring your PC Outdoor stuff).

These are great ideas and I agree. I recently (about 3 months ago) did a large expo with a ton of contacts (I had over 3 bookings!!!) and due to my laziness, didn't get around to sorting and calling the contacts until now! I absolutely make notes my contact slips after I meet them so I remember a littl bit about them later when I call. A peronal connection always helps a little down the road. Also, you won't believe how many slips I wrote on that said, "interested in seeing upcoming host specials, would consider in fall, or wants to talk to husbands, etc." that marked NOTHING at all on the slip!

What I did, was call them and remind them that they had met me at the expo and then I told them all about my excitement from returning home from National Conference and the new specials that were announced. Then I said that I was going through old door price slips and I noticed that they had filled one out to express an intererest in possibly hosting their own cooking show. (I say this no matter what they checked, you wouldn't believe how many people who are now booking shows with me that checked nothing at all!) I then ask them if I could tell them about the upcoming specials that were just announced. I've been having great success.

So that long story basically is my advice to take the cheaper and probably more effective route in this situaion to call, rather than mail. Because mailing something is realy only effective if it is followed up with a phone call anyways.

Thanks so much for the advice. I'll definitely try phone follow-up more so than spending money on the flyers. Those who brought labels for the slips - I'm not sure I'll bother contacting because they were definitely prize seekers. Starting tonight, I'll mark on the slips. Does that ever offend them? Do you write on it when they're right there or after they leave the booth?

I would still follow up with the labels. Who knows why they brought them - arthritis, carpel tunnel, etc.

sburnside said:
Thanks so much for the advice. I'll definitely try phone follow-up more so than spending money on the flyers. Those who brought labels for the slips - I'm not sure I'll bother contacting because they were definitely prize seekers. Starting tonight, I'll mark on the slips. Does that ever offend them? Do you write on it when they're right there or after they leave the booth?

I tell everyone who fills out a slip that I'll take it for them and that I'm keeping them in my apron pocket. I tend not to write on them until after they leave. I keep them in my pocket until it starts to get full and then I transfer them to whereever and start refilling my pocket again. I can't tell you how helpful it has been to give me a reminder of who I'm talking to when I call and they also feel that personal connection. For instance, (depending on what I jot down) I'll give someone a ring and start out by saying, so how is the house building coming? I bet your excited to be getting closer to working in your new kitchen. I think it makes them feel special that I would remember that from our brief conversation and I build that personal relationship with them. This business is all about relationships!

Welcome Shelly!!!
sburnside said:

HEY SHELLY!! I'm so excited to see you on here! You will get many, many great ideas and helpful advise from everyone here.

Ladies....This is Shelly Burnside. She is a fellow Cluster mate of mine!! I know she can't WAIT to go to conference next year! She's already on the fast track to success!!

Oh yeah......BTW.....I had never thought about bringing pre-printed labels to the fair.....duh. ;) Guess what I'll be doing next year! ;)

sburnside said:
I have a booth at our county fair this week and have a drawing for $25 in free products. My drawing slip asks questions about hosting a show, collecting a catalog order, bridal registry, etc. Of course, if they mark these items, I will contact them in the very near future. What do you do with those who don't mark anything? If you've had booths in the past, do you contact everyone via phone? Do you send them the new mini-catalog next month? Do you assume they're not really interested and just in it for the chance of winning? I am excited about so many contacts but overwhelmed at the same time. I'm only 2 days in and have over 300 contacts. Please tell me what's been successful for you in the past. I don't want to spend tons of money on flyers and postage just to be disappointed. Thanks ahead of time for your feedback.

Now I dont' know how many you have that didn't mark any thing BUT I did a fair last weekend in 3 days time I got 30 contacts 1 show booked. But I have about 10 people who just want a fall catalog and are not interested in anything else at this time.

Phone is free!!I agree making phone calls is free and the easiest way to find out if people are really interested.
When I have booths and I am offering a prize I start off my calls like this:

"Hello my name is Debbie Mireles and I was the PC consultant at the XXXX booth where you filled out a prize slip. Unfortunately you didn't win the product I was offering but I would like to offer you a FREE cooking show! That way you can earn FREE products just for inviting friends and family over and gathering as many orders as you can."
You don't have to offer a FREE show, but if you are desperate like I am at this time to get back into doing shows after giving birth to my son last Monday, you can offer anything you want!
If they say no I would offer to include them in my newsletter through email and ask for their email. That's another FREE way to advertise to them and to get them to visit your website. Only if they ask for a catalog do I send one to them. I do not offer. I also ask if they would like to do a catalog show. And I try to meet them in person (their house, Starbucks, or somewhere convenient for them) to see if they are serious about it and I can run through the benefits and tips for their catalog show.

Debbie :D

cmdtrgd said:
I would still follow up with the labels. Who knows why they brought them - arthritis, carpel tunnel, etc.

Agreed! I use them at home shows but only enter and fill out what I'm serious about. Just because I use a label doesn't mean I'm a prize-seeker.

I use labels because I'm lazy and my handwriting is awful. Noone including myself can read my handwriting.

DebbieSAChef said:
I agree making phone calls is free and the easiest way to find out if people are really interested.
When I have booths and I am offering a prize I start off my calls like this:

"Hello my name is Debbie Mireles and I was the PC consultant at the XXXX booth where you filled out a prize slip. Unfortunately you didn't win the product I was offering but I would like to offer you a FREE cooking show! That way you can earn FREE products just for inviting friends and family over and gathering as many orders as you can."
You don't have to offer a FREE show, but if you are desperate like I am at this time to get back into doing shows after giving birth to my son last Monday, you can offer anything you want!
If they say no I would offer to include them in my newsletter through email and ask for their email. That's another FREE way to advertise to them and to get them to visit your website. Only if they ask for a catalog do I send one to them. I do not offer. I also ask if they would like to do a catalog show. And I try to meet them in person (their house, Starbucks, or somewhere convenient for them) to see if they are serious about it and I can run through the benefits and tips for their catalog show.

Debbie :D
I really like this approach - Thanks so much!!

When I do fairs, I use a form that actually has a box that says, "I'm not interested in Pampered Chef, just let me know if I win."

That seems to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Attachments

• Booth Drawing Slip-New.doc
    36 KB · Views: 571
Do you get alot of response with that drawing slip???

Yea, a pretty good response. I would say that only about 20-30% check the "don't contact me" box. I'm not really good with the followup but at least I know who doesn't want me to waste my time.

I had work three differnt shifts at a fair last weekend .... and their were some people who didnt' want me to bother them.. I looked at them and said I am not going to force you to host a show or become a consulant but what I will do is send you a fall catalog when it comes out... and if you order from me that is great... then I said if your not the party type but can get me six orders totaling $150.00 you have a show!!! You would not beleive the response I got from that !!!

stayinathomemama said:
When I do fairs, I use a form that actually has a box that says, "I'm not interested in Pampered Chef, just let me know if I win."

That seems to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I have this one saved to use at my next booth - That's great!! I have sorted through just the first two days - 317 slips and 86 marked that they were interested in some aspect of Pampered Chef. I'm going to be as busy after the fair as I am during the fair. I'll have 3 more days of contacts to sort through. It's going to be a great fall and I'm going to earn a lot of cookware!!!

sburnside said:
I have this one saved to use at my next booth - That's great!! I have sorted through just the first two days - 317 slips and 86 marked that they were interested in some aspect of Pampered Chef. I'm going to be as busy after the fair as I am during the fair. I'll have 3 more days of contacts to sort through. It's going to be a great fall and I'm going to earn a lot of cookware!!!

That is fantastic. May your follow-up calls result in tons of shows and individual orders.

Did a Craft Fair now need a scriptI did a Craft fair and really do NOT want to screw up any of the leads. I want to call and book em ALL!!! I have 1 yes and 7 maybe's along with of course offering that the no's and nothing circled all won FREE cooking shows. Please provide me with what you have for scripts to call and follow up.
Thank you!
Michelle

1. How can I keep track of all my fair contacts?

One of the best ways to keep track of your fair contacts is by using a spreadsheet or contact management software. You can also create a folder in your email for fair-related communications or use a notebook to write down their information.

2. What information should I gather from my fair contacts?

It's important to gather their name, email address, phone number, and the date and location of the fair. You may also want to ask for their mailing address and any specific products or interests they have.

3. Should I follow up with my fair contacts?

Yes, following up with your fair contacts is crucial for building relationships and potentially making sales. You can send a personalized email, make a phone call, or even send a thank-you note. Be sure to mention any products or services they were interested in.

4. How can I organize my fair contacts for future events?

Consider creating separate lists or groups for different types of events, such as vendor fairs, home shows, and fundraisers. You can also use tags or labels to easily categorize your contacts. Additionally, make sure to keep their information updated and organized as you add new contacts.

5. What are some ways to stay in touch with my fair contacts?

There are many ways to stay in touch with your fair contacts, such as sending them a monthly newsletter, offering exclusive discounts or promotions, or inviting them to join a Facebook group or email list. You can also reach out personally for birthday or holiday wishes, or to let them know about new product releases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katem51
  • schel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby