• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Follow Up with Last Group After Fair?

In summary, the author is saying that you should call your groups of people who participated in the fair, tell them that they were runner ups and won a free show, and ask them if they are interested in future events.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I did a fair on Sunday and Wed (the fair was last Sat through this Sat) We split up the shifts. I have many people fill out drawing slips that said they were interested in a show, monthly specials and wedding registry. I had 3 about the business and the additional 15 or so checked the 'I only want to know if I won the drawing'. The drawing was for a $50 shopping spree (gift card). Do you think it would be bothering them if I called the last group to tell them they were runners up and won a free cooking show; or should I just dispose of their cards? I am going to follow up with the other groups just wasn't sure what to do with the last group....Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a great idea! They did win - just not the grand prize!

Call them. These are people who willingly gave you thier info.
What's the worst that can happen? They say no thanks? But there is a chance after talking to them outside of the fair atmosphere that they want more info, but did not have the time, etc... Don't pre-judge.
Happy calling!!

Our cluster is has a booth at our county fair next month which runs 12 days. This is one of the largest county fairs in the country and well worth the $30/shift investment. I made a "family tree" of just one booking from last years fair that I am still having shows from and so very preferred customers. We have 2 shifts of 2 consultants per day. We had a meeting Wed. about this and I will share the tips our AD emailed to those who did not attend:

For those who have never worked the fair before, you want to talk to as many people as possible. You want to engage people and get them into the booth. An easy way to do that is to offer recipe cards (pre printed and inexpensive from PC, make sure to put your name on it) When people are walking by, offer "would you like a recipe from the pampered chef. Then when they stop, ask "are you familiar with the pampered chef?" Their yes or no will gauge the rest of your conversation.

Please remember that you are working with another consultant. Take turns, do not butt in on the other consultants conversations. Conduct yourself in a professional manner. We are not to stand out in the aisle or chase people down. We need to remember that we represent the Pampered Chef and need to behave in a professional manner. If we are too overbearing, we give the company at bad rep.

Also, if a customer has a consultant already, we are not there to steal customers from other consultants, you should refer them to their consultant.

Keep your drawing slips on you. You don't want to give out drawing slips to every person that walks by. You want to give them to people you talk to and connect with. You are much better off going home with a short stack of good leads then a large stack of no leads. If someone fills it out and isn't interested, jot a note down on it for yourself that says no lead. Take the drawing slip from them and jot reminder notes on it, so that when you call to follow up with them you remember what you talked about. This is why we keep the drawing slip box in the back, so we can control what goes in it, and we can jot notes down and put the slips in ourselves.

You can call everyone and tell them that although they did not win the gift certificate that they won a free show and you are booking for the month of_____
A free show is where you bring the ingredients, paper products and mail their invitations. I cost you a little $$ but you get a booking out of it, and it is really worth it.

Please wear your pampered chef apron, or pampered chef apparrel. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes or sneakers, you will be standing on cement for 6 hours!

Here are some tips that I have gotten for a terrific cd on booths and fairs:

Booth
Simple display

focus is bookings and recruiting
promote upcoming host bonuses

The focus is to draw them in as they walk by (Take Turns)

Ask qualifying questions

Who, What, Where, When Why?

Are you familiar with the Pampered chef?

Or How are you familiar with the Pampered Chef?

What do you see here today that you like?

Are you currently working with a consultant?

How may I help you today?

You really will have about 3 minutes with a customer.

Listen

Evaluate and Respond to establish rapport

Ojective is not to give!

The objective is to take

Take names, info, problems and action

You want to have good leads and use your time effectively.

Prize box is located in an indiscrete area. Keep slips with you

You are going to have those people with their sticky labels, and that’s fine

On the back of their slip, write no lead so that you are not wasting your time.

Make notes on the back of your slips for follow up!

Do not give out all your new catalogs. Old catalogs are fine. (you can put a sticker on the front that says, call me for our current catalog)

Give them your card/recipe card where they can call you for a current catalog or get their address and phone and you can mail them a current catalog and follow up with them after. If they want to place and order later, get their # so you can follow up!

You’ll see 3 types of customers

Information seekers

Looking for freebies, don’t spend a lot of your time with them

Past host/customers

Are you here to rebook or did you finally decide to become a pampered chef consultant? If not, give them a recipe card and give them a call another time.

New Customers
Next recruits or hosts

Follow up is the key!

Follow up with all yeses within 2 days!

All others within 2 weeks

If you wait, a lead is cold in 2 weeks and dead in 3!

Great tip is to follow up with everyone (all no’s) And say although you didn’t win the grand prize you did win a free show

On your break, walk around the ag center. Network with other vendors, wear your apron, pass out info, invite people to your booth.

Wow, thanks so much for the info and excellent advice!

Thanks so much for sharing!! This is some VERY great info!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!

Big thanks here! I've never done a major booth so this will be a big help as we have an Apple Festival coming up in October here that is very well attended from the area!

Uggspacebarstuck
Anyone
who
did'nt
check
anything-
Iasked
if
theywould
now
or
in
thefuture
acooking
show
mostsayyes.
Iput
them
in
an
envelope
marked
winter
shows
WhenI'm
needingbookings
Ipullthose
outand
callthemback.

Hey Julie, creative posting! I hope you get your spacebar fixed. LOL

1. How soon should I follow up after a fair?

It is recommended to follow up within 1-2 days after a fair. This will help keep your brand fresh in the customer's mind and show them that you value their interest in your products.

2. What is the best way to follow up after a fair?

There are a few different ways you can follow up after a fair. One option is to send a personalized email to each customer, thanking them for visiting your booth and offering them a special discount or promotion. Another option is to make a phone call to each customer, asking for their feedback on the fair and offering to answer any questions they may have about your products.

3. Should I include a call to action in my follow up?

Yes, it is important to include a call to action in your follow up. This could be in the form of a special offer or promotion, or simply asking the customer to visit your website or social media pages for more information about your products.

4. How can I make my follow up stand out?

One way to make your follow up stand out is to personalize it to each customer. Use their name and mention something specific from your conversation at the fair to show that you remember them. You can also include a handwritten note or small gift to make the follow up more memorable.

5. Is it appropriate to follow up more than once?

It is generally not recommended to follow up more than once, as it may come across as pushy or desperate. However, if the customer expressed a strong interest in your products or requested more information, it may be appropriate to follow up a second time after a week or two.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
SuzanneWehrman
  • Koolotus
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • gilliandanielle