• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Results of My 5 Hours at Fair....

In summary, the fair was late, the attendance was low, and Cheryl did well with her drawing for a shopping spree.
Koolotus

Okay just wanted to let anyone who have never done a fair know my results.
The fair was done by 2 other consultants in my cluster. They paid for the fair and were working it all week, unfortunately we had a ton of rain this week so the fair attendance was kind of crummy. They asked me if I would be able to cover for them for 5 hours on sunday and I said sure, with reservations. I was wary of doing the fair and not that excited about it.
It was very cold and not too busy but I talked to alot of people and had fun.
One lady booked on the spot, her idea;) and just now I was looking over my drawing slips and decided to share:
I did a drawing for a $50 dollar shopping spree and had them fill out the DPDS
1 show booked at fair
7 show leads Yes on slip
3 recruit leads yes on slip
10 maybes for show or recruit
17 no's or no marks at all
Not to bad for five free hours at the fair.
Of course, I do have some guilt, one of the girls that had paid for the booth came to finish up the night last night and was pretty freaked out at how many slips I had filled out, turns out alot of people were telling her no they didn't even fill out a slip.
I hope she did better last night and today.
Okay really long, thanks for reading!
Cheryl:D

I will be doing follow ups starting wednesday so I will post all the business I got from doing this fair after then!

Congratulations on your Fair success. I'm surprised that the Fair was this
late. Isn't it generally the first week in August, out on Rt. 191? We used
to have a permanent site at Cherry Ridge Campgrounds where we square danced. I also took a Watercolor Workshop the first week in Aug., and that
coincided with the Fair, for several years.

Did you decide that Prize for the drawing, yourself, to get them to enter?

I will be having a display at our local Curves, and need to rethink how I can
get them to fill out my Survey slips, with positive results. I have a few items I am willing to part with but hesitate to take up display space to show them. I am limited to what I can get on a large card table. Did you have one of those tri-fold cardboards to stick flyers on? to communicate with people?

Make sure that you call everyone that marked maybe or no and tell them that they won a free cooking show...that should get you some more shows!!

Koolotus said:

Okay just wanted to let anyone who have never done a fair know my results.
The fair was done by 2 other consultants in my cluster. They paid for the fair and were working it all week, unfortunately we had a ton of rain this week so the fair attendance was kind of crummy. They asked me if I would be able to cover for them for 5 hours on sunday and I said sure, with reservations. I was wary of doing the fair and not that excited about it.
It was very cold and not too busy but I talked to alot of people and had fun.
One lady booked on the spot, her idea;) and just now I was looking over my drawing slips and decided to share:
I did a drawing for a $50 dollar shopping spree and had them fill out the DPDS
1 show booked at fair
7 show leads Yes on slip
10 maybes for show or recruit
17 no's or no marks at all
Not to bad for five free hours at the fair.
Of course, I do have some guilt, one of the girls that had paid for the booth came to finish up the night last night and was pretty freaked out at how many slips I had filled out, turns out alot of people were telling her no they didn't even fill out a slip.
I hope she did better last night and today.
Okay really long, thanks for reading!
Cheryl:D

I will be doing follow ups starting wednesday so I will post all the business I got from doing this fair after then!

Wow that is great! Be sure to call everyone (including the nos) and tell them each they won a free cooking show! Tell the $50 winner (I usually do $15) she can double it at the night of her cooking show if she books it! Go go go!

Absolutely soonerchef! How do you know mt secrets? LOL :)
This fair was the GDS fair in Newfoudland. You are talking about the Wayne county fair, which I opted not to do and that was the 1st week of august.
I jusy mad eup a flyer that said enter to win a $50 dollar shopping spree
put the disclaimer that it must be redeemed through me at the bottom and had DPDS out for them to fill in.
I figure IF they cash it in I will have a customer get commision on the order and if they cash it in when they host a show I can use their discount too.
I have given out about 5 of these since I started in febuary and haven't had any turned in so far.
So We'll see.
I think a shopping spree is easiest for me and appeals to everyone.
The other girls had a basket with about 200 worth of stuff in it. I did not want to pay into that for only doing 5 hours so I did my own.
Then they asked to borrow my sign and covered up my info with theirs.
seemed like I was getting a better response.
I just use the plastic stand up signs.
W@orks fine and it's simple.
I think if I let myself I can usually get to bogged down in the details and making the display, handout whatever awesome looking. But that's not the point. so I try hard not to.
Example:
I was doing a Bridal expo in march and made up really cute info packets for the brides
100 of them with the quick start registry, rewards flyer and quick registry list. Then I rolled them up tied them with a ribbon, tied on to cute silver rings and a business card and curled the ribbon.
100 of these!!
I about killed myself.
Everyone I got any response from filled out a registry right there, I have never gotten any calls from my packet.
half the brides didn't need to take one and I still have about 60 of those flippin' things left!
Lesson learned- easy and simple is better :D

Congrats on your leads!!! That is great results for 5 hours.

I love doing fairs etc, I always walk away with great leads. I do things a little different though. I offer a free cooking show to those whom booked a show on the spot. We don't offer anything for a drawing. I'm using your lead results as an example.

1 show booked at fair
7 show leads Yes on slip

The only things missing is the 10 maybes and 17 no's, which may pan out for you. However my uplines have found over the years that those no and even some of the yes and maybes are just wanting to win and have no interest in what you offer beside that shopping spree.

Hopefully I haven't effected your cloud because that isn't my intentions. Just trying to give you helpful info to take with you for the future.

bbauman07 said:
However my uplines have found over the years that those no and even some of the yes and maybes are just wanting to win and have no interest in what you offer beside that shopping spree.
Hopefully I haven't effected your cloud because that isn't my intentions. Just trying to give you helpful info to take with you for the future.
That's great advice. I wish someone had mentioned that to me. I never thought of it and was disappointed when I called and got a different response. Its good to have realistic expectations, and even better when you're pleasantly surprised!

What are the results of my 5 hours at the fair?

The results of your 5 hours at the fair will vary depending on your goals and efforts. Some common results include increased brand awareness, potential leads and sales, and networking opportunities.

How can I measure the success of my 5 hours at the fair?

There are a few ways to measure the success of your time at the fair. You can track sales and leads generated, gather feedback from attendees, and observe the level of engagement and interest from visitors at your booth.

What are some tips for maximizing my 5 hours at the fair?

Some tips for making the most of your time at the fair include setting clear goals, having an attractive and engaging booth setup, actively engaging with visitors, and following up with leads after the fair.

Do I need to bring any materials or products to the fair?

Yes, it is recommended to bring marketing materials, product samples, and any other materials that will help showcase your products and brand. It is also important to have a way to collect leads' contact information for follow-up.

Can I participate in more than one fair in a day?

It is possible to participate in multiple fairs in one day, but it may be challenging to effectively manage your time and resources. It is important to carefully consider your goals and priorities before committing to multiple fairs in one day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katem51
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
fikibiff
  • chefmoseley