• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Street Fair Success: 14 Yeses and Counting!

In summary, Laurie found success with her street fair by offering a free cooking show instead of a product. She obtained six bookings and set up two additional recruiting interviews.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I am so excited about the results I had from at street fair I did this past weekend.

14 yeses for shows (1 already booked for October)
5 maybes
11 recruit leads
5 yeses - 3 recruiting interviews have been set-up already for this week
6 maybes

I told everyone I would be calling them tonight as I wouldn't be getting home until late last night. The fair was really, really slow to. I have done others and were busy and didn't have the same results. I did do something different this time for my drawing and that was to offer a free cooking show versus a product (a tip my director heard at conference.) That way you are only getting people who are really interested in having a show versus having people just enter to win the product. I will do it again at the fair I'm doing again in a couple of weeks.

It was nice going through the slips last night and seeing the results.

Great results. I hope they all sign for you! The nice thing about a free cooking show is if it doesn't happen you're not out anything.

Wow Laurie! That is fabulous!! Best of Luck with all those recruits. It looks like you might be busy!

thats awesome, i'm doing a little street fair this saturday and might just do that instead of offering a gift. i hate getting all those "no's" and then having to try to file them away and most people are just not interested in anything you have to offer, they just wanted the free gift!

Sounds great!!! Good for you!! Hope everything pans out for you!

That is great, may the shows all be held and successful and the leads to you promotin with a great team under you.

Thank you all for you kind words. I will let you what my actual results are after I have made all of my phone calls. :)

Woo Hoo! That gives me great hope. I just signed up to do a Direct Selling Expo on Sept. 18th. I was going to have a gift basket, but now I think I'll offer the FREE SHOW idea! Thanks! I offer a coupon type drawing in my PC montly bingo's and I always put two in and almost always get at least one take me up on it! Goes to show ya, people love the FREE STUFF! Do you have a flyer that you posted?

Now that you bring it up, I'd think the same would apply! Thank you for bringing it up!

(I put the congratulations you won _______ in an easter egg or plastic heart etc... what ever season I can find, instead of a PC prize on some of the free items I offer. Cuts down on cost and as I said almost always gets me at least one booking! Here's the coupons I made - just cut them up, fold them a couple of times and insert in the egg! They love love love it!)

Attachments

• Congratulations.doc
    31 KB · Views: 356
COOKINWITHSHERRI I will have to use your idea. I love it!:)

Well, after the first night of phone calls last night, I was able to obtain 6 bookings. I had some people ask me to call them back tonight to schedule, so we will see what happens. I also set up two additional recruiting interviews. Wahoo!

I was just bouncing all over the house last night when DH came home. I told him, this is what my business was like before! I really needed this boost of confidence and bookings! I am still really psyched! I actually have a couple of calls to make on my lunch break. Is it noon yet? :)

congrats again laurie! thats awesome that you got 6 bookings! i'm going to try to call some people today but i never have luck during the day and i have a meeting pretty much all night tonight ... !!! i'm so excited for you!!

Last night I made more calls and booked an additional 4 shows. One of them was even with someone who didn't indicate anything on their slip.:)

Way to go! That is awesome...

How did you find the event - I really want to boost my business with something like this, but don't know how to figure out what events are out there and how I can get into them.

Any help Cheffers?

sorry I am a little brain dead what does that mean a free cooking show verses a product, I am doing a fair soon with high hopes of bookings for right now I have 0. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I look for events on Eventlister.com or through my local tourism department. They have a great calendar of events that are coming up.

When I did the drawing for the free cooking show vs. product, that means I would bring all of the ingredients for the recipe if they won. Some people will also bring the paper products.

I hope this helps and I wish you luck at your booth.

Thats awesome Laurie! Sherri, I'd love to have a bunch of these out a holiday fair I am doing the end of Oct. I've done something similiar in the easter eggs before...wonder if there's anything such as take-apart ornaments or little gift boxes - I'll have to start looking!

Cindy, go to Micheals or Hobby Lobby they should have all the holiday stuff out now. They do make ornaments that pull apart, mostly without decor on them but you might even see if they have little gift boxes that you can stuff it into-check out around the bridal section too.
Just a thought.

What a great idea about the ornaments or gift boxes. I will use that at my holiday fairs, I have coming up in October and November.

I love this site. You always get great information!:)

I just had another idea - because we would need sooooo many for a vendor fair - I sew and I could stitch up a bunch of little stockings - like 3" tall in no time. My grandmother used to make these but a little bigger at Christmastime for her Sunday School kids and she would stuff them with candy. She used felt, so they did not ravel and cut them out with pinking shears, then just sewed around the sides, leaving the tops open. Very quick. I think really any cute Christmas print would work, not just felt, for no longer than you will use them...then just throw them all in a basket and offer them to the shoppers. This would be much cheaper than having to buy anything! We could put the little slip inside with a mini-candycane!

Or - another thought while I was typing - why not just fold the slips of paper in half and staple them to the top of the mini-candy canes (they are in that clear wrapper). They cant see what is on the slip until they take it off and unfold it! EASY!

Last edited:
Hey Laurie, what happened with all of the recruit leads from this show? Did any of them work out?

What is "Street Fair Results"?

"Street Fair Results" is a set of products designed to help you achieve successful sales at street fairs and other outdoor events.

What is included in the "Street Fair Results" set?

The set includes a variety of products such as tablecloths, display stands, and demonstration tools to help you attract customers and showcase your products effectively.

How can "Street Fair Results" benefit my business?

"Street Fair Results" can help increase your sales and exposure by providing you with professional and eye-catching displays, allowing you to stand out among other vendors at street fairs and outdoor events.

Can I customize the products in the "Street Fair Results" set?

Yes, many of the products in the set can be personalized with your business name or logo to further enhance your brand and make your display more professional.

Are there any tips for using "Street Fair Results" effectively?

Absolutely! Our team at Pampered Chef has put together a helpful guide with tips and tricks on how to make the most out of your "Street Fair Results" set and achieve successful results at outdoor events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
SuzanneWehrman
  • Koolotus
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • gilliandanielle