• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sourcing a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority for Street Fair

In summary, to obtain a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority for a street fair, you will need to contact your state's Department of Revenue or Taxation and complete an application process. You will need to provide your business name, address, and tax identification number, as well as a description of the goods or services you will be selling. It is recommended to apply at least 4-6 weeks in advance and a separate certificate may be needed for each state if participating in street fairs in multiple states.
laurichef
Gold Member
I am signing up for a street fair, and they are asking for a "sales tax certificate of authority". Can't seem to find it on CC.
Any ideas, oh cheffers of all knowledge?:love:

If you go to downloads, there is the insurance certificate you can get.That usually is sufficient...PC covers us for sales tax. If they demand more, call the legal dept. at HO, then can help you.

If you need a city business license you'll have to contact your city for that.

Thanks so much.
I ended up doing a search for the insurance, as it was not listed under downloads. Popped up first thing.:thumbup:

YOU ROCK, Janet!!! :cool:

Hey all....I realize that this is a REALLY old thread, but I find myself needing the same thing tomorrow night. They have asked for a "State Sales Tax Certificate". Will this insurance certificate really meet my needs? Anyone else ever needed one of these? TIA!

You have to call HO and talk to someone. They will email you a certificate to use.

1. How do I obtain a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority for a street fair?

To obtain a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority for a street fair, you will need to contact your state's Department of Revenue or Taxation. They will provide you with the necessary forms and instructions to complete the application process. You may also be required to pay a fee for the certificate.

2. What information do I need to provide when applying for a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority?

When applying for a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority, you will need to provide your business name, address, and tax identification number. You may also be required to provide a description of the goods or services you will be selling at the street fair.

3. How far in advance should I apply for a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority?

It is recommended to apply for a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority at least 4-6 weeks before the street fair. This will allow enough time for processing and any necessary follow-up with the Department of Revenue.

4. Is a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority required for every street fair I participate in?

In most cases, yes. If you will be selling goods or services at a street fair, you will likely need a Sales Tax Certificate of Authority. However, it is best to check with the event organizers and your state's Department of Revenue to confirm any specific requirements.

5. Can I use the same Sales Tax Certificate of Authority for multiple street fairs?

Yes, in most cases, you can use the same Sales Tax Certificate of Authority for multiple street fairs within the same state. However, if you will be participating in street fairs in different states, you may need to obtain separate certificates for each state.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessicafawn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • jbachen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies