• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ways to Display the Bride's Wish List

In summary,display ideas for a bridal shower include using a tri-fold display poster board, cutting out pictures of the items on the wish list, and using a bridal order form.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I've got 3 bridal showers in the next 6 weeks (one booked today to be held in 2 weeks :eek: ). I've never done one and thought I had plenty of time to figure them out as my other two are in late September. I was planning to use a display idea I saw out here and make a bouquet with the bride's wish list (sorry I don't remember who posted it, but it's a goodie!). What are other ways to display the bride's wish list?

Shower wish list displayOkay, here is what I have done. I went to Wal-Mart and bought one of those tri fold display poster boards. I then take two or three catalogs (depending on how many you need) and cut out the pictures of the items on the wish list. Normally, I would recommend to laminate for durability, but that's your choice. My husband is a teacher, so I am able to run to his school and do this. I have taken the velcro circle pieces that you can find in the craft section and put one on the back of each picture and one side on the board. I would then attach each picture on the board. Once the show starts, I explain to the guests that this is the couple's wish list. I then say 3, 2, 1, Go and let the guests run up and pick the item they're going to purchase. It's a riot to see the guests try to compromise with others in order to be able to buy what they want. I have had three showers where I did this, and all three were $800 shows. I hope this helps. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but as you first cut out one catalog, you only need to update the pictures of the new products. I don't really update the restyled ones unless it's a drastic restyle like those bamboo tongs.

I had a Bridal Shower yesterday. The Bride to be registered for 149 different items. I went to Target and bought a real pretty white photo album. I took pictures of each item (thanks to the wish list pictures on this site) and taped them onto 4 x 6 index cards. If the Bride wanted more than one, I wrote that on the index card. I passed the album around and told everyone to take the card out for the items they were going to purchase and put their name and quantity on the card and put it back in. That way everyone would no what was taken. I also used the special bridal order forms that I got off of this site. They have a section to order "For the Couple" and "For Myself". Most people actually ordered more for themselves than for the couple. My sales were $1300 at the shower plus a few sales from the registry online.

So, in a nutshell, the guests would pull out the card. Find the item # and description and price on the card and put that on the order form. Write their name and how many they purchased on the card and put it back in the album and pass it on. I asked the guests what they thought, and they said it was a very good idea (probably wouldn't have told me even if they didn't like it).

I printed the pictures themselves on glossy photo paper so it would look nice and be "slick". That way I could tape the pictures to the index cards and then pull them back off and discard the idex cards, but use the pictures again the next time. The photo paper doesn't tear when you pull the tape off. Did all that make sense? :confused:

Just a warning. The registry photos are on about 35 different pages so it is time consuming to print them all and cut them out. I would start on this ASAP. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Wish listJennifer - that is a cute idea! I am going to have to check out that order form you were talking about.

These are good ideas - any more creative people out here?

Here is a picture of what I do. Cut out the pics of items on wish list, taped them onto scewers, and then stuck them through the holes of the colander. I had green floral foam inside the colander. I then placed a pretty bow around the base of the colander and flowers on top. Let me know if you have any questions on the pics. I also use the Bridal Form from here for ordering and it works great!

Attachments

• DSC01261.JPG
    DSC01261.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 715
  • DSC01264.JPG
    DSC01264.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 592
  • DSC01265.JPG
    DSC01265.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 535
I use several die-cut hearts pasted onto craftsticks. I cut a picture of the item out of an old catalog or print it off the computer and paste it to the heart. Arrange all of the sticks in craft foam inside a SA bowl. Guests can then remove the item they are purchasing from the bouquet, sign the stick, and present it to the bride.

I live in a community where people were having a hard time with the concept of not having a "gift" to actually give the couple at the shower, so that is where the signing of the stick came in!! I also place a list on each table that includes item number, description, & price. If I can find pictures & documents, I will try to post them.

Attachments

• Wedding.doc
    89 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
I use the tri-fold display board. I print a full-size sheet, landscape, with a pretty border and "Susie's Wish List" on it. I use removable double-stick tape to attach it to the top center of the display board. (This allows me to reuse the board time and again.) I write each item from the bride's wish list (item number, name, price, and page number) on a 3 x 3 sticky note. I arrange the sticky notes on the board. Generally I don't sorry about order, I just try to make sure it looks balanced and pleasing to the eye.At the shower, I tell everyone to take the sticky note off the board once they've chosen what they want to buy for the bride. This has cut way down on the number of duplicate items ordered.

Linda,
I love bridal shows. Mine always hit $1,000

I have rubberstamped a border & then randomly in the center of a tri fold Science board. I put each product on a heart diecut and laminate it. It is attached with velcro dots.

Before beginning I tell the guests they are shopping for themselves and for the newlyweds. I share how the products they purchase help the couple pick out the remaining wishlist & their personal order should be put on the order form. I have the bride help me with the demo then I tell them to browse the board & bring me the hearts for me to figure their order. (The gifts they select go in the grooms name & I pay shipping)

In my invitations I let the hosts decide. ( if the bride has a sense of humor we ask each guest to bring a can of food wrapped but with the label removed & their favorite recipe using this food.) This starts her a MYSTERY pantry :)

If she is more serious we put a card in asking them to bring: 2 or 3 spices, dishtowels or cookie cutters. Depending on how many invites go out we may ask for all 3 of these to be brought and wrapped. The card explains they will be purchasing form her wishlist at the shower.

I do make a bouquet with products and tulle as my gift to her.
The products are ordered in her name.

I typed the wishlist into an excel document and then created labels. If she wanted 2 of something, there were 2 labels. I then divided the list into 3 categories, 10 and under, 10.25-30, and above 30. I stuck the labels onto 3 different colored index cards (depending on price) and layed them out on a big table. This worked AWESOME!!! I also included a space on the card for who the gift was from. I gave these to the bride so that she could write her thank yous from them. Here's the labels i made....

Attachments

• registry labels bertani.doc
    128.5 KB · Views: 526
I am really simple with this. I teach pre-k and we have a Die-cut machine (other resources for these are scrapbooking stores). I get scrapbook paper or construction paper in the brides colors and cut out 3" hearts, flowers, butterflies etc with the die-cut machine. On one side I write the wishlist item, item number, page number and price. I have all of these in a pretty white wicker basket with a tulle bow. The guests just pass the basket around and choose what they want to get the bride. They turn these into me with the order form and on the back of the hearts or flower, I write the name of the purchaser then give them to the bride for her thank-you notes. They love the little shapes! One bride even did a couple scrapbooking pages with them on her shower!

Neat idea, Cindy.

I purchased a large bridal gift bag at Target - cream and white so it goes w/all colors. I also put tissue paper in it like it's a real present. I then print pictures of all the items the bride wants w/the item number on it. I don't put the price on in case they change in the next season. I use velcro to put the pictures on the bag.

I used to use the tri-fold science board, but it was so large to carry. The bag folds up and is so light weight. If I need more room I also put some on the back.

I also create a list in Excel which I put in the lap boards for everyone to review before they look for what they want to buy from the bag. I sort this by price since most people know what they want to spend. I also let them know they can just purchase a gift certificate. Some prefer this because they know exactly what they want to pay.

This has worked really well for me.

1. How can I display the bride's wish list at the bridal shower?

There are several options for displaying the bride's wish list at the bridal shower. One idea is to create a decorative display board or poster with photos and descriptions of the items on the list. Another option is to set up a table with the items on display, or to create a digital display using a tablet or laptop. You could also print out small cards with the items and their descriptions and place them at each guest's seat.

2. Can I display the bride's wish list at the wedding reception?

Yes, you can definitely display the bride's wish list at the wedding reception. This can be done in a similar way as at the bridal shower, with a display board or table. You could also incorporate the items into the wedding decor, such as using the kitchen gadgets as centerpieces or incorporating the cooking tools into the menu.

3. How should I organize the items on the display?

The best way to organize the items on the display is to group them by category or theme. For example, you could have a section for kitchen gadgets, another for cookware, and another for bakeware. You could also group items by price range or type of gift, such as practical gifts or fun and unique gifts.

4. Should I include prices on the display?

It is up to you whether or not to include prices on the display. If you choose to include prices, make sure to use a small font or discreetly place them on the display so as not to make guests feel pressured to spend a certain amount. You could also provide a separate list with prices for guests who are interested.

5. Can I create a digital display of the bride's wish list?

Yes, you can create a digital display of the bride's wish list using a tablet, laptop, or even a projector. This can be a great option if you have limited space at the venue or if you want to save on printing costs. Just make sure to have the display set up in a visible and accessible location for guests to view and interact with.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • jbarnhill
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
phyllisc121
  • lovePC1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies