• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bride's Wish List: Tips for Creating the Perfect Registry

In summary, the conversation revolves around creating a bride's wish list for a wedding shower and how to present it to guests. Suggestions include creating index cards with pictures and prices of the items, passing the cards around during the shower, and using creative displays such as flower arrangements or bulletin boards. The conversation also mentions using a die-cut machine to make the process easier.
betht471
I need some advice on what to put on a Bride's wish list. I am not going to have time to make the picture index cards so I am just going to make a true list of things she wants. I dont know if I should put the price of the products on the list or not. What do you guys think???

Beth,

You can make index cards by cutting pictures out of the catalog. Glue to card stock (or cardboard) -- that's what I've done (I tell my guests that this is as close to artistic as I get).

I would include the price of the items . You can do this by cutting out the picture and the description of the item, including # and price).

Be sure you don't put all of the wish list items on one page. You want to have cards/pages so that more than one guest can review wish list products at one time. That being said, don't circulate duplicate lists! If you do this, you'll get multiples of items that were supposed to be singles.

I hope this makes sense. . .I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I confused you completely.

ok..so what do you do with the cards?

You pass the cards among the guests at the show. They are looking at the pages/cards while you are doing your presentation and afterwards while they are eating/shopping.

Beth,

I just made up cards and posted them under another post. Please use them if you want to print them! I hope they do somebody good (I don't have a shower scheduled yet!)

I had made up cards with the products, #'s and cost of the items on the bride's wish list and put them in a binder which I passed around at the shower. It worked pretty good but by the time the last of the guests saw it they seemed a little frustrated.

For the last shower I did I made it a little more fun. I made flowers out of construction paper (using the bread tube as a flower pattern) and attached a picture of the items on her list (including prices and product #'s). I then attached the flowers to wooden skewers and "planted" them in styrofoam that I put between the stainless mixing bowls. The flowers were color coordinated to the group of products they were in. I put them in the three layers with $10 and under in the bottom layer; $10-20 in the middle and over $20 in the top center.

They LOVED it! No one could wait until the shower started to "pick" their gift.

I did take pictures but they're waiting to be developed. :eek: Promise I'll post them when I get them - later this week is the plan.

Beth - what a great idea! To keep the work at a minimum I might suggest using a die-cut machine for the flowers or other shapes! You can usually find these at teacher supply stores and craft stores. You should be able to punch out the shapes and pay for those instead of purchasing the whole machine.

Beth--what a great idea:) :) I had cut out hearts with pics of the products on them. I then tack them onto a bulletin board. Then the guests come pick a heart. But your idea sounds pretty...and uses products to decorate-AWESOME!:)

1. What are some essential items that should be included on a bride's wish list?

The most commonly requested items on a bride's registry include kitchen gadgets, cookware, bakeware, dinnerware, and linens. These are essential items that will help the newlyweds set up their home and kitchen.

2. How many items should be included on a bride's wish list?

There is no set number of items that should be included on a bride's wish list. It is recommended to have a variety of items at different price points to accommodate guests with various budgets. However, it is also important to not go overboard and have too many items, as it may overwhelm guests.

3. Can a bride include non-traditional items on her wish list?

Absolutely! The bride and groom should include items that they will actually use and enjoy, whether it be camping gear, board games, or a new vacuum. It's important to personalize the registry to fit the couple's lifestyle and needs.

4. Is it appropriate to register for expensive items?

It is perfectly fine to register for more expensive items, as long as there is a range of price points for guests to choose from. Some guests may want to go in on a bigger gift together, so it's important to have options for them as well.

5. Should a bride and groom register for items they already have?

It is not necessary to register for duplicate items, especially if the couple already has them. However, if the couple wants to upgrade or replace their current items, then it is acceptable to include them on the registry. It's important to communicate with guests about the purpose of including certain items on the registry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • jbarnhill
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
phyllisc121
  • lovePC1
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies