• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bridal Shower With Small Wish List

In summary, the bride's wish list is small--like only 10 or 12 items! She has talked with her about what a problem this will cause if there are more than 8 or 10 people there, but she doesn't seem to care. She says that she and her fiance "have just about everything they need." I'm sort of beside myself because I sell this stuff and could find more than 15 things I'd like to have that I don't already. Any suggestions?
Brandie
I'm doing a shower this weekend, and the bride's wish list is very small--like only 10 or 12 items! I have talked with her about what a problem this will cause if there are more than 8 or 10 people there, but she doesn't seem to care. She says that she and her fiance "have just about everything they need." I'm sort of beside myself because I sell this stuff and could find more than 15 things I'd like to have that I don't already. Any suggestions?

I'm going to talk to the host tonight about the final numbers and my concern about the wish list, but my thinking is that once the wish list items are gone, guests will just have to choose things for her without the benefit of knowing if she wants them or not (which, of course, sort of defeats the whole purpose of our showers!).

Any ideas you all may have would be very appreciated!

I'd talk to her about how once married she may be entertaining more and have her pick out more SA. Remind her that guests will want to buy her what she wants otherwise, like you've pointed out, they'll just pick stuff out and she might get things she does not want at all.

Also while they have everything ask if it is top quality and that she might want to consider "upgrading" from some of the cheap stuff she may have bought to long-lasting quality products.

Good luck.

You might also make sure that she's not limiting the prices. I remind my brides that they need to ignore the prices. If it's something expensive, often two or three people will go together to buy it.

I had a shower where the bride did the same thing so I told guests that if al the items were already purchased they could write a check for the amount htey wanted and the bride could use the money to poss purchase a large item like the cookware or if their favorite item wasn't on her wishlist to purchase it for her. Of course I ok'd this withthe bride first.

You just want to be careful with that. I've heard horror stories of brides deciding that they just want to keep the cash (or checks made out in their name).

Well... you could just make sure the check were written out to the consultant right? So that it gets added to her show otherwise you will lose out as well... I'm wondering if she is just shy about the prices of the bigger items. What is the most expensive thing on her Wish List?

I always have checks made out to me, but some have them made out to the host. I'd just make sure that if people were paying for product for the host, the checks were made out to me.

The mixing bowls are her most expensive item--she says she's already got really good cookware, so the stainless bowls are a pretty high-dollar item. I talked to her future MIL yesterday to nail down the details and I expressed my concerns to her. I offered to make some suggestions of great add-on gifts (like she has the stainless mixing bowls on her list, but not the new giant stainless bowl, so I'd recommend the new stainless bowl) or to let guests choose gifts that they really like themselves and think the bride would like as well.

She hasn't asked for ANY stoneware. Both recipes tomorrow are on the stones, so I think that's a possible gift idea. I'm also going to demo the APCS, and that always gets big oohs and aahs. I'm also going to talk a lot about the forged knives. The MIL is going to speak with the bride about her list, too, and make sure that it's okay for me to make suggestions. There are going to be 16-17 guests, and her wish list has 12 things that could be purchased individually and then some spices that would probably all be purchased together as one gift. I'm assuming she'll get everything, which will make the show around $500, but it's just amazing to me that she's limited herself so severely.

I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Keep in mind that guests also buy for themselves. My bridal show last month closed at $2016 and the brides wish list was only $350 in product.

Good luck I hope your show is a success!

I'd give my left pinky toe for a show like that! :)

Make sure that the bride has her wishlist in front of her while you are doing the demo. My guess is, when she see's the demo and hears you and other guests talk about the stones and other things, she will likely add to her wishlist. You can pass the wishlist after the demo. I always give the Bride the wishlist during the demo so that she can add to it if she wishes. I don't think I have ever had a bride that didn't add at least 2 things on while watching the demo. One time a bride added 13 extra items during the demo. Mostly because of the other guests telling her about why she should have this and that.

Well...

It was a little over $500 (a few people bought for themselves, but not everyone), I got two bookings, and it was a really good time. It turns out that the bride just hadn't had time to look through the catalog very thoroughly--she works two jobs, and she and her fiance have been retiling their kitchen, entry, bathroom, and laundry room! She's been working, tiling, or sleeping for the past two weeks! She came up with six more items at the shower, and she got everything!

Good experience--thanks for all the help!

I had forgotten how much I love bridal showers--what fun!

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out, I was wondering about you. I'm glad it was a good show for you. I enjoy bridal showers also.

Glad it worked out, Brandie. I love those showers, too.

Sounds like it was a great shower. Glad to hear you and the bride had fun. :)

1. Can I create a bridal shower wish list with Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a convenient way for brides-to-be to create a wish list for their bridal shower. This allows guests to easily purchase gifts that the bride actually wants and needs.

2. How many items can I add to my bridal shower wish list?

There is no limit to the number of items you can add to your Pampered Chef bridal shower wish list. However, we recommend keeping your list to a reasonable size to make it easier for your guests to choose a gift.

3. Can I include items from other stores on my Pampered Chef wish list?

No, unfortunately you can only add Pampered Chef products to your bridal shower wish list. However, we offer a wide variety of high-quality kitchen tools and appliances that are sure to please any bride-to-be.

4. How do my guests access my bridal shower wish list?

Once you have created your wish list, you can easily share the link with your guests via email or through social media. You can also provide the list to your host or maid of honor to share with your guests.

5. Can I make changes to my bridal shower wish list after it has been shared?

Yes, you can make changes to your wish list at any time. Simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and make the desired changes. Your guests will automatically see the updated version of your wish list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • jbarnhill
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
phyllisc121
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies