• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Products Will Disappear from the Catalog This Fall?

In summary, the items that are being considered for removal from the catalog this fall are tie-its, bambooprep towels, dish towels (only b/c my fingers are crossed that they will finally come out with some new patterns; the cranberry are nice but we've had them for several years), windowpane linens - never sold a set, finger guard, maple honey mustard sauce (because the smell makes me sick.), silicone bakeware, cranberry scrapers, family size qsp (I would rather it be restyled so that it's more comfortable to pour
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
Just as much fun as guessing/hoping for new products is guessing about what will disappear from the catalog this fall. As soon as I get my hands on the new catalog at Conference, I start scanning to try and figure out what is missing.

What do you think or hope will be gone?

My list so far:
tie-its
bamboo prep towels
dish towels (only b/c my fingers are crossed that they will finally come out with some new patterns; the cranberry are nice but we've had them for several years)

Windowpane linens - never sold a set.
Finger guard
Maple honey mustard sauce (because the smell makes me sick.)
silicone bakeware
cranberry scrapers

I'll second the tie-its.
I'm not a fan of the dots so they could all go away and become plain
rotary grater
Jumbo Turner
Family Size QSP (I would rather it be restyled so that it's more comfortable to pour from)
beaded serving anything
carafe
bamboo square bowls (they're not as sturdy as the round ones)
coating trays
herb keeper

For sure .....
Rotary Grater!! :yuck:
All the Beaded items
Windowpane linens
All the sprinkles
Colander & Bowl Set
Tie-its
thats it for now :D

I would love to see the beaded serving pieces leave
as well as the decorator bottle set
and the kitchen spritzer
and the suds pump
and the tie itsI'm not the biggest fan of the Hold and Slice
or the biscuit cutters
the mega scraper
or the Ginger Wasabi or Maple Honey Mustard saucesthat's all that comes to mind right now. :)

Love how everyone thinks differently! :D

I have an herb keeper in Japan and it was one of the first things I bought in TX! LOL Although I'm not real sure why it has that color lid. Seems like they would have updated the color a while back. White would be nice!

And although I don't always dig it out, I've had guests use the Hold 'N Slice to hold hot chicken in place while they are cutting & they love it! ;)

I'd like to see the Apple Wedger revamped
I love the concept of the Adjustable Tiered Tower, but it's so small!
I also think it's time for a new pattern of linens.
I've never used my flexible cutting mats that I earned. Anyone like them? I figured I'd ship them to TX and try them out here before I say they need to go.
I'm not a big fan of the sauces - any of them.
I don't like the length of the handle on the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush. I wish they would revamp it or give us a second one. This is what I use on all my stoneware (no soap in the base of course - it's always been empty):
https://www.discountcooking.com/shop/images/PAAAAAIGBOKKKFOP.jpg

I'm such a PC Junkie. I can't really think of ANYTHING in the catalog that's a waste of space that somebody somewhere wouldn't want. LOL

I LOVE the Bamboo Prep Towel. I use it at every show. Have I ever sold one? I don't thing so..........but I would really miss not having it handy and it's an extra product at my show that I don't really have to think about.

I would love the apple wedger to be revamped to look like all the other wedgers and have a base like the veggie wedger to push all the way through the apple peel on.

I've never sold (and don't have) the tie its. I've never sold any of the beaded serving pieces although I think they are beautiful. I rarely sell sprinkles or sauces but sell quite a few rubs.

I don't know wha will be discontinued but it's rare that I miss whatever they choose to get rid of. I would like to go back to the older style deluxe cheese grater rather than the rotary grater we have now.

I have all the beaded serving pieces and like the look, but they all tend to loosen up where the beads try to rotate on the handles, making it hard to use them. I rarely use them, most of the time they are just for decoration on the tables at a booth. :blushing: So I guess if they disappeared, I wouldn't be super disappointed.

I don't find the beaded serving pieces to be comfortable in the hand. I miss the old stainless steel fork and spoon that they had in the outlet (I bought extras when they were there)

I LOVE my kitchen spritzer, it's 10+ years old and going strong

I have not had good luck with the suds pump though and just use a regular softsoap bottle that I water way down instead

The sprinkles and sauces are OK, but I can live without them. I think $12 for a bottle is a bit spendy myself

Sheila, I know about the handle. I have three brushes. One in green, one in white and a second in white that I had my husband cut the handle off of. It's perfect for washing veggies.

I didn't even think of the flexible cutting mats, but they can certainly go. I want my sturdy cutting boards and that's what I use. I'm too afraid that I'll cut through them. Also, while I like the concept of different colors for different foods, I have a dishwasher and more than one cutting board so it's not an issue for me.

I'm not 100% on the herb keeper, I've just never had a use for it. If I ever used more herbs it could easily be like the MFP for me. I wasn't impressed with it at Launch but love it now that I have it.

I always find this discussion fascinating.I, too, miss the stainless serving pieces, but I really like the beaded pieces. I use them frequently, especially during the holidays.Love the TieIts. Really. The Furry Guy loves them, too. I've sold a good number. Having them at the shows makes a big difference. Though, if you don't like them, that probably wouldn't be so. I have one on my GPS cord. I'm not sure why the things I need a long cord for have 6" cords, and the things that need about 18" I have over 3'. The Flexible Cutting Mats I've sold to lots of campers. I honestly can't think of anything that I'm dying to get rid of. There are things I don't necessarily use very often, but I tend to sell those things. I would like to see the Apple Wedge match the other wedgers. I wouldn't mind an update of the linens. I don't eat avacados and prefer a knife for stone fruits, so I never used the Avacado Peeler until I discovered I could use it for kiwi. Now I love it. I don't use the Asian Seasoning at all, but I sell it. I was wrong. I am not a fan at all of the Jar Opener. I have sold a few through the years, but I usually steer people toward the Easy Opener instead.

I just wish the tie-its were better colors - instead of green & black. I can see wanting black to go with your cords - but green? The combo of the two together in the picture is just unappealing, imo. Maybe cranberry, white & black...

I really don't care for the flexible mats. They are only DW safe away from heating elements - so something that large is not going to fit top rack and I would prefer to throw any cutting board I use in the DW. Plus I LOVE our regular cutting boards. I have atleast 10 of our cutting boards (various sizes) and they always go in the DW. And, yes, I am also afraid I'll cut through the flexible ones.

And I do feel like the sauces and dessert sauces are a little pricey for what they are - especially the dessert ones.

And, yes, I agree, some differnt patterns in the linens would be nice.

Funny to hear what people would like to hear go. A lot of them are my favs or good sellers. :eek:)

kam said:
I just wish the tie-its were better colors - instead of green & black. I can see wanting black to go with your cords - but green? The combo of the two together in the picture is just unappealing, imo. Maybe cranberry, white & black...

I really don't care for the flexible mats. They are only DW safe away from heating elements - so something that large is not going to fit top rack and I would prefer to throw any cutting board I use in the DW. Plus I LOVE our regular cutting boards. I have atleast 10 of our cutting boards (various sizes) and they always go in the DW. And, yes, I am also afraid I'll cut through the flexible ones.

And I do feel like the sauces and dessert sauces are a little pricey for what they are - especially the dessert ones.

And, yes, I agree, some differnt patterns in the linens would be nice.

I thought I was crazy for having 7 PC cutting boards!!

wadesgirl said:
I thought I was crazy for having 7 PC cutting boards!!

haha! :) (Don't ask me how many scrapers I have).

Though, seriously, there are only 2 of us here, so the DW only gets run every third day or so. I definitely need that many cutting boards so I can just throw them in the DW.

The Herb Keeper ... what's the point? People will by Rubbermaid or Tupperware or even glad or ziplock. Never sold one.
The Windowpane linens... I wish they would make tablecloths like the patriotic one we sold. It washes up great!
The Cake Pedestal and the Adjustable tower
And the beaded servers, I like the look but have had problems with them breaking or becoming loose.
I am very disapointed with my dots dinner and salad plates, the are scratched and look ugly. I know about the SS cleaner but I don't think it should have to handled like that. I am ready to go back to corell dishes.

I love the Cutting Mats. I haven't taken a cutting board to a show since I got them. They are so much lighter! I sell a ton of them.

Haha. Several of you want to get rid of the herb keeper. I thought it was stupid when it came out, used it mostly for asparagus and gave it away to my cousin when she expressed interest in it. Now I miss it! I am back to sticking asparagus in something that doesn't fit on the fridge door.

#1 goodbye: I would like to get rid of the green stripe on the collapsible bowls. Get rid of the green outdoor stuff. Esp the new cool & serve tray. What a nasty shade of green! I'd rather have it be patriotic red, white & blue which will ALWAYS be classic outdoor stuff here in the USA. At least make the cool & serve plain white instead of that shade of green. Please!

#2: those quilted oven mitts. They wash up horribly and are too thick to bend around hot pans in the ovens, so what's the point?

#3 The windowpane linens. What a yawn.

#4 The beaded serving pieces.

#5 All the sauces. They are too expensive. The rubs & sprinkles are priced OK, though! Love the lemon sprinkles!

#6 (edit) That new little scoop & measure. Seriously? It looks like it belongs in the Target dollar spot.

Love the idea about a restyled apple wedger. I just used it in a recipe along side the new veggie wedger for an onion, and there is no camprison on how much harder it was to push down through the apple.

I'd like a restyled kitchen spritzer. I love mine and it helps my family eat healthy. I've had it 5+ years and it works a lot better than the $20 Misto ever did. The Misto looked better, though.

Tool-turn-about coming back in white would be awesome, too.

kam said:

I have been selling a few of them so I decided that perhaps I should get myself a set so I could actually say I used them... I was terrified to cut on them and it was weird and awkward. Probably because I just wasn't used to it. Now they are mats for the kids to play with play dough on.

What I want to leave.....
The window pane linens... when I read it in an earlier post I had to look through the catalog to see where they were. Never sold a single one.

the silicone floral cupcake pan... my cupcakes don't need to be flowers (just sayin' :)

the tie its - got a set in my new director box thing today... I can't even begin to think about using those

the bamboo serving set - is this for miniature serving? I got it and gave it my daughter to play with her dolls with

and that's all I can think of!

vanscootin said:
...the bamboo serving set - is this for miniature serving? I got it and gave it my daughter to play with her dolls with

This made me bust out laughing. My son sneers at me when I get it out for some of my snacks. I'm sure it looks like I'm playing dollies to him :)
I oughtta make him sit down and nicely bend his pinkie when he asks for a bit of whatever I'm having (when he deems it not too icky-looking)

vanscootin said:
I have been selling a few of them so I decided that perhaps I should get myself a set so I could actually say I used them... I was terrified to cut on them and it was weird and awkward. Probably because I just wasn't used to it. Now they are mats for the kids to play with play dough on.

What I want to leave.....
The window pane linens... when I read it in an earlier post I had to look through the catalog to see where they were. Never sold a single one.

the silicone floral cupcake pan... my cupcakes don't need to be flowers (just sayin' :)

the tie its - got a set in my new director box thing today... I can't even begin to think about using those

the bamboo serving set - is this for miniature serving? I got it and gave it my daughter to play with her dolls with

and that's all I can think of!

I've sold many floral cupcake pans. It isn't just for cupcakes! I tell my guests that it can be used for: ice cream, fruit ice, butter molds (looks great on a brunch or holiday table) dessert (softened vanilla ice cream in the bottom, crushed Oreos in the middle, chocolate ice cream on top, frozen until firm then popped out onto individual serving dishes, and lastly, really BIG Jello shots. That always gets a giggle.

I would not miss:

tie-its (they never worked right)
the green plastic chip & dip (looks like something from the dollar store)
the windowpanes linens
mini scoop and measure
easy conversion magnet

Everything else I love. I am such a gadget person :balloon:

ChefBeckyD said:
I love the Cutting Mats. I haven't taken a cutting board to a show since I got them. They are so much lighter! I sell a ton of them.

Oh me too! I just love them and sell a lot of them.

The dots can leave the catalog today and I'd be happy.

I'm ready for a new design in the linens too

ChefBeckyD said:

I agree! I LOVE the FCM! I use them at EVERY show and they are my TOP SELLING "new" item! I'd be sad to see them go! And, please don't worry about cutting through them, I've used them for every show since they came out in Sept and never a problem w/ that.

Windowpane linens
biscuit cutters
silicone bakeware
finger guard
pie gate
stoneware cookie sheet- that thing is HEAVY
hold n slice

I would like to see these items go:
Rotary Grater
Chip and Dip Tray- looks cheap
Decorator Bottle Set
Beaded servers- we could have something similar that is designed better.
Colander and Bowl Set- I have this and think it can be made better
Silicone Bakeware

I would like to see these items restyled:
Linens
Dishtowels
Apple Wedger
Everything that is cranberry in a new color

how could I have forgotten that stupid chip & dip tray that I earned when it came out and never use?I love the idea of a different color for the collapsible bowls and even the cool & serve, but I don't mind the green.

I don't know about all of you, but when I look at the New Scoop & Drain, all I see is a big Kitty Litter Scoop!! :yuck: And folks at my shows have said the same thing! I know it's new but that could go away.

I've had jokes upon jokes about it but I do actually love it when I use it. It's smaller than my Tupperware small strainer that I have had forever. I have been using it to drain pasta, and scoop asparagus out of the boiling water to blanch it. It's been working well.

PamperedchefDaly said:
I've sold many floral cupcake pans. It isn't just for cupcakes! I tell my guests that it can be used for: ice cream, fruit ice, butter molds (looks great on a brunch or holiday table) dessert (softened vanilla ice cream in the bottom, crushed Oreos in the middle, chocolate ice cream on top, frozen until firm then popped out onto individual serving dishes, and lastly, really BIG Jello shots. That always gets a giggle.

You just made it worth buying before it goes! LOL

smilingdee2002 said:
I don't know about all of you, but when I look at the New Scoop & Drain, all I see is a big Kitty Litter Scoop!! :yuck: And folks at my shows have said the same thing! I know it's new but that could go away.

I tell people to buy 2... 1 for the ravioli and one for the kitty litter. Cause that is EXACTLY what it looks like... but in all seriousness, I've had 2 customers need it replaced because it melted.

smilingdee2002 said:

Oh gosh! It's been years since I had a cat, but you are right! I'll never again look at it the same :yuck:

Again, every time someone mentions a product that they hate/never use/think is stupid I think, "Oh, don't take that away!" LOL!Love the Scoop and Drain for making stock. It makes it easy to get the chicken and veggies out of the pot. The Chip and Dip I have literally never used for chips and dip. However, I have used it as a personal snack tray and suggest it for toddlers. A drink fits in the dip bowl and the chip area is big enough for popcorn or a sandwich with veggies or chips.

smilingdee2002 said:

It's one of my top 10 best sellers for the Spring/Summer season -- and I've never even brought it to a show. It's perfect for ravioli, meatballs, tortellini, and I use mine for making homemade broths and stocks. PLUS it will be invaluable during canning & preserving season when I'm blanching veggies and fruits.

I bet you could sell a ton of them too if you just let people know about all of the ways it can be used!

Scoop n Drain is also great for getting french fries & hush puppies out of hot oil or dumplings out of broth or removing poached eggs from boiling water without busting the yolk.

I love the flexible cutting mats. I sell a ton of them too. I have to say my absolutely least favorite item are the decorator bottles. Do ya'll like them?

Frankly, I can make up a parchment cone and get to decorating a whole lot faster than I can fill one of those dinky little bottles.

I've sold a few of them, so I guess it doesn't matter what I think of them. Some people do like them.

ChefBeckyD said:

Agreed!! I only take a regular cutting board now if I'm going to be using the Food Chopper!

This thread has made me giggle several times!! If we got rid of everything everyone mentioned our catalog would be half the size!!!!! How funny!!! It's interesting to see all the different opinions of different tools. I guess I just really love all my stuff and find a need for it all!!!

They can keep the suds pump--give me one that works like EVERY OTHER SOAP COMPANY already has, LOL. Tie its--really? And I agree about the little bamboo serving set, when we got it I thought "oh, are we having an invasion of little people? who would use this?"

mountainmama74 said:
Agreed!! I only take a regular cutting board now if I'm going to be using the Food Chopper!

And honestly, I haven't used my food chopper at a show since I got my MFP! In fact, I just took it out of my kit for my show yesterday.

chefa said:
Scoop n Drain is also great for getting french fries & hush puppies out of hot oil or dumplings out of broth or removing poached eggs from boiling water without busting the yolk.

We used ours to clean leaves and grass out of our pool...

ChefBeckyD said:
And honestly, I haven't used my food chopper at a show since I got my MFP! In fact, I just took it out of my kit for my show yesterday.

LOL, I haven't used it since the MFP either! At last night's show, we made the Antipasti Pull Apart Pizza, and I had my cutting board and Food Chopper packed, then realized - hey, still a wonderful opportunity to show the MFP! So I unpacked the Food Chopper and cutting board!

Cutting board with measuring cups/strainer
Beaded serving pieces
Dots Dinnerware (would love a solid color) - but keep some dots Serving pieces, add solids too though. I really like my bowl and platter- but as accents, wouldn't stand the full set
Decorator Bottle Set (too hard to load)
Tie-its (although I do like using them for keeping my laptop power cord looped up when I'm traveling. It's very thick, so the tie-it is perfect. )

I would like to see the following things leave:

Suds Pump
Decorator Bottle Set
Chip & Dip Tray
Outdoor Party Sticks
Herb Keeper
Finger Guard

Completely forgot about the chip & dip set, somehow I was thinking it was the collapsible bowl flattened out. Yes, that could go, and so could the cutting board with cups. That thing was useless, the cups kept falling out. The collapsible green strainer didn't endear me to it, either!

Can go:
UGLY, cheap chip and dip
Outdoor party plates and plasticware (looks equally cheap)
Finger guard
Decorator bottles ... have 'em, hate 'em.Could be restyled:
Apple Wedger
Kitchen spritzer (love mine, but let's make it a sleek metal.)Based on high gas prices, I think this is going to be a big year for price hikes. Just sayin.

I would get rid of:

decorator bottle set (very hard to get them filled)
rotary grater (shreds too stringy, the cheese sticks together)
I did like the bamboo towels, but jeez, white, what were they thinking. I guess it was natural along with the go green bamboo.

I'm having fun reading all the various opinions. Thought I was going to wake up the munchkins laughing at Nancy's "jello shots" post! Bwahaha!!! I have to admit, the Japanese really do go all out & make intricate designs a lot, so the first time that I took the floral cupcakes to a picnic and someone complemented me on them, I joked that it took FOREVER for me to carve them all. One of the spouses thought I was serious & flipped out. The others all knew that I was joking & the one girl caught on pretty quickly that I hadn't actually carved them. ;)Rae, cute idea to re-purpose the Chip & Dip tray for a kids plate! :D
Nanisu said:
... And I agree about the little bamboo serving set, when we got it I thought "oh, are we having an invasion of little people? who would use this?"
If you ask my (now deceased) Grandmother who had Alzheimer's and a few other people that I've dealt with over my dispatching career ... the invasion happened a LONG time ago. You just can't see all the little 2" green people that they see. ;)

I agree - the Finger Guard, mini bamboo serving pieces, the suds pump, and the rotary grater . Another thing that is a good idea but not a big seller is the egg separator.

Sheila, that re-purposing idea came from a friend. I rarely have an original thought. LOL!

Someone told me the other day that the egg separator is a perfect scoop for sloppy joes .. gives just the right amount.

<h2>1. What products are most likely to be discontinued this fall?</h2><p>At Pampered Chef, we are always looking to update our product line and bring in new, innovative items. While we cannot confirm which specific products will be discontinued, we can assure you that any changes made to our catalog are carefully considered and based on customer feedback and market trends.</p><h2>2. Will the tie-its be gone from the catalog?</h2><p>We understand that the tie-its have been a popular item among our customers, but we are constantly evaluating our products to ensure they meet our quality standards and customer needs. While we cannot confirm any specific products that will be discontinued, we recommend keeping an eye out for any new and exciting items that may replace them.</p><h2>3. Are the bamboo prep towels being discontinued?</h2><p>Our bamboo prep towels have been a customer favorite for their softness and durability. While we cannot confirm their status in the upcoming catalog, we can assure you that we are always striving to provide the best products for our customers. We recommend checking out our new catalog to see if there are any updates to our towel offerings.</p><h2>4. Will the dish towels be gone from the catalog?</h2><p>Our dish towels have been a staple in our catalog for many years, and we understand how popular they are among our customers. While we cannot confirm their status for the upcoming catalog, we are always listening to customer feedback and looking for ways to improve our products. Keep an eye out for any new patterns that may be introduced in the new catalog.</p><h2>5. What changes can we expect in the new catalog?</h2><p>Our new catalog is always a highly anticipated event, and we are constantly looking for ways to improve and update our product offerings. While we cannot reveal any specific changes, we can assure you that we always have our customers' best interests in mind and strive to provide the best products for your kitchen needs.</p>

1. What products are most likely to be discontinued this fall?

At Pampered Chef, we are always looking to update our product line and bring in new, innovative items. While we cannot confirm which specific products will be discontinued, we can assure you that any changes made to our catalog are carefully considered and based on customer feedback and market trends.

2. Will the tie-its be gone from the catalog?

We understand that the tie-its have been a popular item among our customers, but we are constantly evaluating our products to ensure they meet our quality standards and customer needs. While we cannot confirm any specific products that will be discontinued, we recommend keeping an eye out for any new and exciting items that may replace them.

3. Are the bamboo prep towels being discontinued?

Our bamboo prep towels have been a customer favorite for their softness and durability. While we cannot confirm their status in the upcoming catalog, we can assure you that we are always striving to provide the best products for our customers. We recommend checking out our new catalog to see if there are any updates to our towel offerings.

4. Will the dish towels be gone from the catalog?

Our dish towels have been a staple in our catalog for many years, and we understand how popular they are among our customers. While we cannot confirm their status for the upcoming catalog, we are always listening to customer feedback and looking for ways to improve our products. Keep an eye out for any new patterns that may be introduced in the new catalog.

5. What changes can we expect in the new catalog?

Our new catalog is always a highly anticipated event, and we are constantly looking for ways to improve and update our product offerings. While we cannot reveal any specific changes, we can assure you that we always have our customers' best interests in mind and strive to provide the best products for your kitchen needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
2 3
Replies
Views
BettieC
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips