• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Underwhelmed by New Spring Products

In summary, there is mixed opinions about the "new" products with some customers feeling unimpressed with their previous earnings through the SAT program. The much-hyped MFP is a disappointment for some, while others are excited about the Microplane Coarse grater and the Scoop 'N Drain. The returning cranberry products also receive criticism. The new products include the MFP, Mini Mix 'N Scraper, Chili Lime Rub, Mango Wedger, Veggie Wedger, Stoneware cookie sheet, Microplane Adjustable Coarse grater, Microplane zester, Dinner in Your Deep Covered Baker, Make it Fresh, Make it Healthy, Dots Small Beverage glasses, and more. Open stock items include the Mini Mix 'N
Kwitchyerbellyakin! Be thrilled that we are with a company that gives us so many reasons to love what we do!

gotta love it

I didn't notice negative vibes-
I MUST have those dots juice glasse and the strainer thing

Woohoo!

I am happy with everything they came out with. Some things will be big sellers, others not so big, but I LOVE them! :love: I am so happy that they came out with real products and not just entertaining or restyled things. ;) Happy, happy, happy. :sing:

I love the focus they are putting on with fresh and quick. They presented things beautifully at Launch. They really do sit down and think about what people are really looking for these days. They have to think about the market and stay current and be proactive to what will be the next big thing. With so many diets, allergies, sensitivities, fresh ingredients are becoming the preferred way to cook for many people.

Way to go PC! :thumbup:

(and can I just say...the new microplane coarse grater is exactly the design I was hoping they would make someday. I've emailed HO twice over the past couple years requesting it! :chef: I was sooo happy when they revealed it!)

Enjoyed launch!!! New products look good. Excited we won the additional product in Baltimore but not sure I'll personally get much use out it (THE SCOOP AND DRAIN) I always drain all my pasta at one time and I use a small pot to make veggies. I think it will be good for fried oreos I make in the 12 inch skillet. (honestly I think it would be a great litter box scooper, but I don't have a cat, tee hee)

Love, love, love the HWC stuff, expecially the shoe!!

I love the mango wedger. They are readily available in CA and inexpensive. I have customers asking for that product all the time. I will be taking a mango and a pineapple to every show this summer.. those products together are $40, people probably dont have anything like it at home. Showing them will sell them, thus increasing sales and bookings. I also demo the garlice peeler and slicer at every show... another $20 add on that they did not know they needed!

I don't think there is anything wrong with people honestly discussing what they love and don't love. I don't think anyone would walk into a show and say what they are saying here.... but if we can't be honest here about our biz, where can we be??!

OK that being said, lol...

I like the veggie wedger but I just feel like we have too many wedgers. I can hear guests saying... I don't have room for all of those! And yes, I know they don't have to have them all - but I already have guests that have one of our wedgers and forget what it's "for" and then try the wrong things. For example, they try to wedge apples with the pinapple wedger! I think having too many wedgers is overhwelming and gives people thei mpression that they are just for one function and not versatile, if there is a need for so many, ya know?

I LOVE the coarse adjustable grater.... but I wish they would have done one grater with two blades... again, versatility.... rather than people having to buy two different graters. I really dislike the rotary grater so I'll be using this a LOT! Kind of bummed there's no food holder though - I don't use it a ton but it's nice to have when you do use it.

I love the cookie sheet - I don't like doing pizzas and things like taht on the large bar pan b/c you can never cut the edges - I end up snipping them with my prof shears and then using a pizza cutter. I'll be excited to not have to do that on this BUT still have handles to get it out of the oven (which is why the rectangle stone never appealed to me!)

I thought the HWC products were ADORABLE and anticipate a very good May with those!

I like the dots glasses - I don't sell a lot of dots merchandise other than at vendor stuff - I just don't think they come out in the catalog as nice as they are in person. I have sold more from people being at my house and using them.

Kind of surprised there were no bigger entertaining pieces - I anticipated some more bamboo or something more in the Chill n Serve line.... but who knows, maybe a special summertime product?

The reason I started this post was to get feedback. I wasn't majorly impressed with the new offerings. That isn't to say I don't like some things, but I wasn't blown away by anything. I brought my thoughts here because I cannot say them at a show.

On a positive note, after hearing from many people who have a MFP in their hands, I AM getting swayed. I will purchase one and my find I like it better than I thought I would. If so, it will become the new "holy cow" item I reference at my shows.

At my shows, instead of asking everyone to introduce themselves and their favorite items, I ask for their "holy cow" item. Something they held off buying for whatever reason or thought they wouldn't be all that impressed until they got it. This happens to me all the time. I have bought things as samples only to discover I really love them and use them a lot (DCB for one). My other Holy Cow items are the oven pads, the Mix 'N Mash, and the vegetable peeler.

Holy Cow items make it hard for me to pare down what I take to shows. Because so often I have changed my mind about a product once it was in my hands.

I see some things I love, others that I'm not feeling the love for, and many that my customers will love.

The cookbooks ... LOVE the DCB cookbook, and seriously hope the new healthy cookbook is actually healthy ... why, oh why, wont' they listen to people wanting creative options for low carb and gluten free?

I'm liking the wedgers .. was going to try a salad with Mango and passed on it because it would be too much trouble to peel and slice a mango. I don't see the point in the veggie wedger ... to me, that's what a tomato knife is for.

Is the course grater really good for regular, soft cheeses? I really don't see the point in the microplane zester since we have a microplane that does just fine.

Can you really use that lift and serve in hot oil? This is what I use my metal spoons for!

Not feeling the love for the MFP and don't see how it's going to "revolutionize our shows" but to each their own. I have a regular food processor that I use exactly once a year.

Not a big fan of the cookie stone, just because, due to allergy concerns, I refuse to bake cookies on stoneware.

I like the lifter thing (handy not only for the grill but for getting things off flat stones) and that mini scraper is too cute. It will no doubt be added to my collection.

LOVE the HWC products, especially the shoe!

One other suggestion ... for those who are looking for a "Holy Cow" item ...

Before buying them, borrow them from a clustermate and force yourself to use it every day. You will find yourself liking the products if you do this.

I like the mango wedger, we have another brand that we like but it only provides 2 usable pieces not four. The new micro plane is grate (hehe) I won it in the first drawing. Tested it already after getting home 3 AM this morn.I think the micro place zester is a joke, They should just have left well enough alone or picked up the full sized Micro planer to resell.Scoop and drain....OKCookie sheet scares me with the thinness of the sheet. I can see the potential for breakage complaints.Loooove the Mega lifter. I grill a lot. And my wife does cakes. Outdoor caddy....ehOutdoor mini S&T set OKDots...over pircedBar tongs eh....somewhat overpricedTie it Great!!!!Mini scoop and measure.......yeah rightMeasuring spoon set....has it place. Many do not like the adjustable spoons. And I personally agree. I also really like the 1/2 Tbl spn.Mini Mix n Scrape has been requested a lot....good call!!!Cook books....yes and yes. I wonder how that should impact our providing the Ebook??Pantry items....Chili lime rub yesssss. The others sure sound great. I don't have the Grill pan & press yet but I think the scraper was an oversight to begin with....good addition. Finally the MFP. I do not think it will be a versatile as they foresee. I think it does have a spot in the kitchen (or camp gear). But I also think it is waaay over priced for the limited use I see it having. However, I really do have an open mind and will be using the daylights out of it in the next 2 weeks. This just MHO

winklermom said:
I'm so glad you said this! I've NEVER eaten a fresh mango and I don't know how often I will. I haven't looked to see about the availability in our area, but it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't. There are a lot of the ingredients that are used for recipes aren't a regular item for us.

I would actually be willing to trade the Mango Wedger that I earned for a Scoop 'n Drain. LOL! That is something that I will definitely use on a regular basis. :chef:

OHHHH, TRY ONE!! I was very excited when I saw this, especially paired with the avacado peeler! I love mango, but you have to peel it, deseed, and then chop. I love these simple 2 step.

We used to love this restaurant in South Fl called Mango's. Don't think it is still there, but they made a MANGO CHICKEN, and it was sooo YUMMY. I make it at home a lot, it is simply grilled chicken breasts with cold mango chunks on top! I think we will try this with the chicken done with Chili Lime rub this week! YUMMY.

Barry Carlton said:
Mini scoop and measure.......yeah right

Cook books....yes and yes. I wonder how that should impact our providing the Ebook??

I have the pink Mini Scoop and Measures in all of my flour, sugar, etc containers. I don't really use them for every day use but they work perfect for this.

I will still send out the ebooks because there are so many more recipes in them. But I will encourage the new cookbook because it does have great recipes in it and I'm not typing them all out!

I used the MFP within 1/2 hour of opening the box. It was AWESOME! I think I am going to prefer it over the Food Chopper! GASP! I know...blasphemy, right!

I am so glad that I didn't know about the products before I got them. When the FedEx guy showed up on my door yesterday I was so excited!!! I am really impressed with the items that I earned on Level 1 of SAT. I agree with those that said, this is the best Level 1 EVER!
I am impressed with the DCB cookbook and have the chicken pot pie recipe in the oven now, I am also loving the SB, my DD is going to be making the choc-pb crunch bars tonight to give to her friends at school tomorrow for V-day.
I LOVE the mini mix and scraper, it is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to place my order for more!
I am also impressed with some of the new pictures in the catalog, I love how the stoneware is displayed.
I am super excited for my March shows!!

mscharf said:
OHHHH, TRY ONE!! I was very excited when I saw this, especially paired with the avacado peeler! I love mango, but you have to peel it, deseed, and then chop. I love these simple 2 step.

Someone please tell me how you use the avacado peeler with the mango wedger. Here in rural KS we don't use mango much and I don't have a clue :eek: I did make the cool chicken tacos for many shows so know the mango a bit but that was my first time using them fresh.

pampered.chris said:
I am so glad that I didn't know about the products before I got them. When the FedEx guy showed up on my door yesterday I was so excited!!! I am really impressed with the items that I earned on Level 1 of SAT. I agree with those that said, this is the best Level 1 EVER!
I am impressed with the DCB cookbook and have the chicken pot pie recipe in the oven now, I am also loving the SB, my DD is going to be making the choc-pb crunch bars tonight to give to her friends at school tomorrow for V-day.
I LOVE the mini mix and scraper, it is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to place my order for more!
I am also impressed with some of the new pictures in the catalog, I love how the stoneware is displayed.
I am super excited for my March shows!!
We've picked out half the recipes in the DCB cookbook to make but I vetoed the bacon stuffed meatloaf!!

darlinclem said:
Someone please tell me how you use the avacado peeler with the mango wedger. Here in rural KS we don't use mango much and I don't have a clue :eek: I did make the cool chicken tacos for many shows so know the mango a bit but that was my first time using them fresh.

After you slice the mango you can use the avacado peeler to slice the fruit off the skin.

lt1jane said:
Is it just me, or are the "new" products not that great?

I am happy that everything I really want is all open stock on the sample order form as I did not earn anything through SAT. I'm actually bummed about that for once. Generally, I have not been impressed with what I was earning. This is the first time I have ever seen the SAT best products in the lowest level earning. That's a good idea and would motivate more of us to try harder IMHO.

The much hyped MFP to me is a huge letdown. I had one of those years ago (though not EXACTLY the same, close enough) that I gave away because I didn't use it. It was given to me as a Christmas gift when those things first came out. I really think the Food Chopper does the same thing, but I will most likely buy it because my husband is sensitive to noise and HATES the Food Chopper because it is noisy.

I AM excited about the Microplane Coarse grater. Finally I can grate cheese without digging out my UM or the old Ultimate Slice & Grate. It's a larger grating surface too. I also like the Scoop 'N Drain, the Mini Mix 'N Scraper, and the new cookbooks.

I find it VERY silly that they made a big deal out of retiring all the cranberry stuff last season and introducing new colors only to go immediately back to cranberry.

Just my opinion. What does everyone else think?

Your negativity will carry over to your shows if you're not careful. YOU may not love all the new products (or any of them) but many of your customers will be superexcited. Don't ruin it for them.

wadesgirl said:
We've picked out half the recipes in the DCB cookbook to make but I vetoed the bacon stuffed meatloaf!!

What?!? That's about the only one in there that looked good to me, but no way will I make it. Too fatty. But my DH and I can go all Homer Simpson over bacon.

I can't keep my silence. I am underwhelmed again this season. I guess I got spoiled with seasons where we came out with 60 new products and had things that really got people excited about hosting. I don't feel there's anything really enticing repeat hosts to host again. Maybe the MFP will do it. I'm not convinced - yet. But so few new products without a lot of technical background make the change over easy - not much to learn, not much to remember that has been discontinued. I don't even feel I'll need to change my show recipes. Just need to figure out how to incorporate the MFP, b/c I will make it my best buddy for the next couple of weeks since it's in both the March and April host bonuses. And I am excited about the HWC products, not for personal use but b/c I think they will sell well and PC went away from the dots to the zebra stripes.

Do I carry this underwhelmed attitude to my shows? NO!! I don't think the other posters will, either. As had been said in this thread and others, some like some things, some like others. That's why I'm on here. I want to hear about what other people love, why, and what they use it for. When a customer asks about the drain and scoop, I don't want my response to be "it's great for cleaning out kitty litter" (thanks, Jean Jonas, for putting THAT in my head!). I don't like coconut. If people love the Coconut Lime Sauce and give lots of ideas for using it, then I can pass along those ideas even though I have no intention of opening that jar until it becomes a guest special.

We can differentiate between personal use and show use. Maybe that's how we need to start all of our responses: "for me personally, I love xxx." or "I have a group of customers who will love yyy."

Becca_in_MD said:
What?!? That's about the only one in there that looked good to me, but no way will I make it. Too fatty. But my DH and I can go all Homer Simpson over bacon.

Mmmmm....so glad we have completely eschewed the whole low-fat eating deal, and are now eating a more Traditional diet. We can have all the healthy fat we want! The Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is on my menu plan for this week!

ChefBeckyD said:
Mmmmm....so glad we have completely eschewed the whole low-fat eating deal, and are now eating a more Traditional diet. We can have all the healthy fat we want! The Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf is on my menu plan for this week!

I want to hear about this one! Have a slice for me! I also can't do it b/c my daughter won't eat the mushrooms and I'm not sure she'd do meatloaf at all. My son doesn't eat much of anything I cook so making something for just the 2 of us doesn't cut it for me. My husband eats enough steak that I don't need to put more beef in him. I'm just that not into beef. My grandmother was not a good cook and made horrible meatloaf, which may have been the only thing she knew how to make b/c that's what she made when we went for dinner. I'm excited about any meatloaf that's not hers! Hope this one lives up to the picture.

In keeping with things positive...I am excited about the new 1/2 price combos with the Scrapers and the Grilling Collection.

I also like that they changed the colors back to cranberry and white instead of the eggplant, pumpkin orange and lime. I had so many customer say those colors are from the 60's and they prayed those colors would not return.

My favorite new product has got to be that Deep Covered Baker Recipe Collection and the Mini Mix 'n Scraper is just so cute!

Okay got to play with some of the new products today!MFP - we made salsa but because we passed it around too much in the first step (after adding cilantro, onion and pepper) it was hard to get the tomatoes incorporated enough without pulverizing them. So we redid it and only coursely chopped the first part and it was perfect.The veggie wedger - we did onions, tomatoes, green pepper, oranges, grapefruit, and apple. I actually liked it better for the apple because I always feel like I'm going to lose a finger with the apple wedger! I was thinking it has just a straight blade function but that blade is something crazy! It has serrates on it and has a pokey blade that helps to pierce the food before it slices.Mango wedger - worked pretty good.Mini scraper - too cute!! Worked perfect for the MFP.

ChefBeckyD said:

Yes we are more of a traditional/good fat family.

Well I have to add my .02 cents worth. I am COMPLETELY underwhelmed with the new products. I was SO excited to see what would "revolutionize" the way we do our shows. It was so much hype and they gave us something Tupperware already has? There's a reason I didn't buy it from Tupperware. AND it costs $49???

Yes, yes, yes I know most will get on me about my negativity. But I couldn't speak my mind at Spring Launch, so I'm feeling free to do it here.

My customers already have most of the new products already! They're just a different color, a different size etc. Don't get me wrong, I totally LOVE the Pampered Chef company. I love how they treat us and our customers. However, I am so disappointed with the "replacement" products. These are not new products we have this season. It's ridiculous to have so many of the same type of products. The biggest selling pitch was that our tools are multi-functional. If they are, then why on earth do they need 3 different wedgers? Why do they need 4 different graters. Come ON! I don't think I can hide my disappointment from my customers. Because of this, I'm taking a break from PC. Maybe I'm just burned out, maybe it's time for a new job. $100,000(roughly speaking) of sales with repetitive products to go to Italy? I just don't know about that. Maybe I'll get over it, but right now, count me out. = (

pampered1224 said:
And pound, pound, pound, pound and pound can be replaced by several whirs - I am all for it!

I'm thrilled that I can replace pound pound pound, with whirs! I have a carpel tunnel like condition and everytime I'd hit that food chopper it would send sharp pains up my arms. I would stand there at a show and smile and say "see, wasn't that easy!" all he while praying didn't need to pound it again! I think there are many people with strength issues in there hands, so the MFP will be great for them. It also seems to do more than the chopper since it doesn't crush delicate things like herbs and tomatoes.

WendyE said:
I'm thrilled that I can replace pound pound pound, with whirs! I have a carpel tunnel like condition and everytime I'd hit that food chopper it would send sharp pains up my arms. I would stand there at a show and smile and say "see, wasn't that easy!" all he while praying didn't need to pound it again! I think there are many people with strength issues in there hands, so the MFP will be great for them. It also seems to do more than the chopper since it doesn't crush delicate things like herbs and tomatoes.

We discovered that it's actually slightly easier to push the handle away from you with your left hand than it is to "pull" it towards you with your right hand.

KitchenSmellzSmokey said:
Well I have to add my .02 cents worth. I am COMPLETELY underwhelmed with the new products. I was SO excited to see what would "revolutionize" the way we do our shows. It was so much hype and they gave us something Tupperware already has? There's a reason I didn't buy it from Tupperware. AND it costs $49???

Yes, yes, yes I know most will get on me about my negativity. But I couldn't speak my mind at Spring Launch, so I'm feeling free to do it here.

My customers already have most of the new products already! They're just a different color, a different size etc. Don't get me wrong, I totally LOVE the Pampered Chef company. I love how they treat us and our customers. However, I am so disappointed with the "replacement" products. These are not new products we have this season. It's ridiculous to have so many of the same type of products. The biggest selling pitch was that our tools are multi-functional. If they are, then why on earth do they need 3 different wedgers? Why do they need 4 different graters. Come ON! I don't think I can hide my disappointment from my customers. Because of this, I'm taking a break from PC. Maybe I'm just burned out, maybe it's time for a new job. $100,000(roughly speaking) of sales with repetitive products to go to Italy? I just don't know about that. Maybe I'll get over it, but right now, count me out. = (

I guess I'm confused. How long have you been with PC? You obviously care enough about your business or PC in general to have taken the time out and money spent on attending Spring Launch. Now you want to throw it all out the window? What's that saying...Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater?!

I'm not trying to jump all over you, because everyone has a story, a history, a reason for their feelings, and you are entitled to them. But just try to consider things before completely throwing your business away.

First off, you really should give the products a fair chance before writing them off as not new. Our catalog has always had a bunch of things that you could find at Walmart/Target/etc. The difference is that ours have a reputation and guarantee behind them. Ours are higher quality, have been tested and evaluated to have better features and design than that of others on the market.

Not everyone might need or want 4 different graters, but by offering 4 different graters, you are finding something for everyone. Some people might just want a small and cheaper microplane fine grater for their Parmesan, so this new one is great for them. I personally love that I'm going to have a back-up parmesan grater around the house (because we are constantly using ours and inevitably it's in the dishwasher when I need it again...) I have been waiting forever it feels like for a real grater for cheddar/mozzarella block cheeses, so I'm SOOOO happy about the new coarse grater.

You have to remove your feelings on these products and open your mind a little to the possibility that your customers might be super excited about these products. But if you make it sound like they can just get the same thing somewhere else, well then...you've just sold yourself out of a business.

I hope you give things a chance. Get excited about the other products and focus on those. People will see the new ones in the catalog. You don't have to dwell on them if you don't want to.

Have you had your hands on and tried the new products? Looked through the new cookbooks? We tried the veggie wedger last night and it was awesome! We did oranges, grapefruit, onion, apple (much better than the apple wedger) and green pepper. It is so versatile that it will be a great addition to any home. The MFP may not be for everyone but the people who get it will love it. The mango wedger is sort of like the pineapple wedger to me... yes you can do it by hand but it is so much simpiler to do it with the wedger. Bar tongs are cheap and a great addition to any kitchen not just to use for drinks.

The problem with your business may not be the new products. Really take a look at why you like this business and what has kept you going this time. The new products just might be an excuse for you to let it go - which is perfectly fine, not everybody has to make this a lifetime thing. But I highly suggest to get your hands on the new products. Find a friend or director who got them and ask if you can play around!

Well said Amanda!
babywings76 said:
Not everyone might need or want 4 different graters, but by offering 4 different graters, you are finding something for everyone. Some people might just want a small and cheaper microplane fine grater for their Parmesan, so this new one is great for them. I personally love that I'm going to have a back-up parmesan grater around the house (because we are constantly using ours and inevitably it's in the dishwasher when I need it again...) I have been waiting forever it feels like for a real grater for cheddar/mozzarella block cheeses, so I'm SOOOO happy about the new coarse grater.
Also, while not everyone needs 4 graters, I have all of our graters going back several styles and I use ALL of them! And I am happy to add the new ones to my collection. I am amazed every time I add a new tool to my kitchen that by having the right tool for the right job makes me :sing: and I would never go back to cooking without it again!

DessertDivaFL said:
In keeping with things positive...I am excited about the new 1/2 price combos with the Scrapers and the Grilling Collection.

I also like that they changed the colors back to cranberry and white instead of the eggplant, pumpkin orange and lime. I had so many customer say those colors are from the 60's and they prayed those colors would not return.

My favorite new product has got to be that Deep Covered Baker Recipe Collection and the Mini Mix 'n Scraper is just so cute!

This made me giggle. When the Pumpkin and Sage came out this past Fall, my partner and I decided to redo our entire kitchen with those colors as accents.....and I ordered 2 dozen of the pumpkin microfiber towels....Thank goodness we never got around to repainting the kitchen. :)

I've decided though, that cranberry will be a good accent color now. :)

While the pumpkin, sage and eggplant were not my favs, I definitely like them better than cranberry and white. I'm sick of cranberry and would love to see some new colors or just make 'em all white so it matches everything!

I used the MFP last night to chop grape tomatoes and onion for salsa and I LOVED it.... It works so much better than you would think.... I am really glad I earned it....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new MFP! I made Fresh Pineapple salsa with it yesterday and it was so easy and I love how all the pieces are uniform. I am going to try the veggie wedger tonight to make homemade french fries in the oven. (CUt potatoes, coat in olive oil and sprinkle with favorite season and bake on large pan)Fabulous. HOw quick will that be to cut the potatoes! I have 6 kids, so anything that saves me time cooking is for me!
I have had several customers ask for a microplane grater for the softer cheese, so that will be a great seller for me as well. I also have heard somepostive feedback about the stone cookie sheet already too. My mom for one wants one. Also happy about the cranberry, but I have cranberry all through my house, so it works for us. Overall, I am extremely excited about everything. I earned all levels of SAT and at first thought I would not use some of the things, but am finding that I will. Like others have said, everyone has different tastes and needs, so that is what is so great about our company. There is something for everyone! I am looking forward to this spring/summer selling season and hope to blow the roof off my sales with the new products. I know I am going to try my best to do so!

One more thing why isn't there a guard/guide for the new MicroPlane.

Barry Carlton said:
One more thing why isn't there a guard/guide for the new MicroPlane.

I don't think you need a food holder thing with this one. You're going to just grab your big ol' block of cheese and go to town. ;) I don't even use the one w/ the microplane for parmesan. Maybe to grate chocolate or nuts or something so small I would. But with the coarse grater what would you grate that you'd want the food guide thing?

what about the last bit of whatever you are grating? Those little blades are sharp!!

Barry Carlton said:
what about the last bit of whatever you are grating? Those little blades are sharp!!

I usually just break the last bits up with my fingers. If it's going on something to just get melted, by then it's usually thin and small enough to break up and it'll melt just fine. :)

The other one does fit so it's a great cross sell if they already have the fine grater.

$100,000(roughly speaking) of sales with repetitive products to go to Italy? I just don't know about that. Maybe I'll get over it, but right now, count me out. = (

We are all entitled to our opinions but my current full time job does not even come close to giving me an opportunity to go to Italy...I'll gladly go in your place if they would let me.

I was not thrilled with the list of products but as I see them and use them I am getting more excited. You do have valid points with repetitive products but there is still a wide variety. I have sold a mini scraper, a veggie wedger and a scoop and drain just by bringing them into work...so I am getting more and more excited!

Barry Carlton said:

When it gets down to the last little bit I just eat it..LOL.

I did have to laugh about the grater comments..because honestly..those were something that I was most excited about. Now I don't have to get my mandoline out every time I want something grated.

babywings76 said:
I guess I'm confused. How long have you been with PC? You obviously care enough about your business or PC in general to have taken the time out and money spent on attending Spring Launch. Now you want to throw it all out the window? What's that saying...Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater?!

I'm not trying to jump all over you, because everyone has a story, a history, a reason for their feelings, and you are entitled to them. But just try to consider things before completely throwing your business away.

First off, you really should give the products a fair chance before writing them off as not new. Our catalog has always had a bunch of things that you could find at Walmart/Target/etc. The difference is that ours have a reputation and guarantee behind them. Ours are higher quality, have been tested and evaluated to have better features and design than that of others on the market.

You have to remove your feelings on these products and open your mind a little to the possibility that your customers might be super excited about these products. But if you make it sound like they can just get the same thing somewhere else, well then...you've just sold yourself out of a business.

I hope you give things a chance. Get excited about the other products and focus on those. People will see the new ones in the catalog. You don't have to dwell on them if you don't want to.
First of all, I didn't say I was throwing my business away. Perhaps read more carefully. I said I was taking a break. I have been with PC for 5 years. And while I understand you have your own opinion, I would hope my opinion would be understood as just that, it's my opinion. To say my mind is not open, is insulting for one, but also not very understanding that like I said, I may just be burned out.

I love PC and yes I did have my hands on the products. Some of the products are going to be sellers. But there isn't anything I'm excited about. Not like when we had the DCB or the Cookie Sheets. I was probably the only consultant at Leadership that year that did not gasp in horror because of the metal sheets. I had wanted those for so long!

I have met great people through PC and have had the chance to sit down and talk with Doris and other people in upper management. It's a great team of people. I'm som glad I joined PC.

However, to repeat, I'm not crazy about the new products and wish the revolutionary new product had been, well, more revolutionary.

wish the revolutionary new product had been, well, more revolutionary.

I do understand this very much! The hype to me was larger than it should have been, IMHO.

Being burned out with the business is not fun. Been there and done that. Being with PC for 11 years, I certainly can relate to your feelings.

I have one sauce I absolutely HATE...and 95% of the customers who taste or smell it hate it too...but I always let people try it who want to. Sold one this Saturday and I just tell people that customers either love or hate the sauce so negativity does not enter into it. My point being is that as you say, you are voicing your opinion and that can be stated without it effecting your sale of that product.

Come ON! I don't think I can hide my disappointment from my customers. Because of this, I'm taking a break from PC. Maybe I'm just burned out, maybe it's time for a new job. $100,000(roughly speaking) of sales with repetitive products to go to Italy? I just don't know about that. Maybe I'll get over it, but right now, count me out. = (

First of all, I didn't say I was throwing my business away. Perhaps read more carefully. I said I was taking a break. I have been with PC for 5 years. And while I understand you have your own opinion, I would hope my opinion would be understood as just that, it's my opinion. To say my mind is not open, is insulting for one, but also not very understanding that like I said, I may just be burned out.

I love PC and yes I did have my hands on the products. Some of the products are going to be sellers. But there isn't anything I'm excited about. Not like when we had the DCB or the Cookie Sheets. I was probably the only consultant at Leadership that year that did not gasp in horror because of the metal sheets. I had wanted those for so long!

I have met great people through PC and have had the chance to sit down and talk with Doris and other people in upper management. It's a great team of people. I'm som glad I joined PC.

However, to repeat, I'm not crazy about the new products and wish the revolutionary new product had been, well, more revolutionary.

Yikes! I said in my response that I wasn't trying to jump all over you. You are entitled to your opinion and it's perfectly fine to vent here. I thought I was trying to help you think of things from a different perspective. It showed under your name that you've only posted 3 times. It doesn't show how many shows/years you've been with PC, so I honestly didn't know where you were coming from. Please don't jump all over me and say that I'm trying to insult you. I understand if you're burnt out. But your language using was very strong and to me sounded like you were tempted to leave PC. You took my comments as though they came from a mean-spirited place, when that was not my intention at all.

I found myself chuckling as I read through this thread. So many people mentioned that this or that product was "overpriced." Anyone remember the exercise the Go for No! people had us do?Each of us was to think about how much we thought was absolutely too much to spend on a nice dinner out with our special someone. How about a stereo system? As you can imagine, the answers were all over the board. It all depends on what you value. As a matter of fact, the gentleman said that he often tells a certain friend what he and his wife spent on a steakhouse experience (something he values). His friend immediately calculates how many Whoppers (or Big Macs, or whatever) that translates into. On the other hand, this same friend has an incredibly expensive stereo system. The important thing here is to not assume that what you think is "overpriced" is where your customer draws that line.

I too am a bit underwhelmed by the MFP. I tried making a small batch of cole slaw knowing that if it actually worked for that it might be a selling point in my area. I had huge chunks of cabbage along with really fine pieces. Since major chain stores offer a small electric food processor for $10 and I live in an economically depressed area I am concerned about lack of sales.

I see myself using the mini scraper a lot, the tongs with the small spoons for the cool n serve tray and the bar tongs. The grill pan and press scraper is a decent idea but it comes clean so easily I don't see that it is necessary. I do like the scoop n drain, pasta, pierogies, and pulling the freshly cooked shrimp out of the pot.

I love all the rubs and the new one is no exception. The coarse grater for cheese and hash browns and as was already mentioned, the new glasses are adorable!

I too, right now, am pretty happy with the new products. I'm bummed they didn't do fun spring colors instead of going back to cranberry, but I'll get over it. Yes, there are some products that are JUST different from things we have, but I adore the mini mix n scraper and while it's partially b/c my daughter flipped out over it, even my husband thought it looked useful.

Lots of wedgers...lots of graters...it's all it what you'll use. I'd rather have 4 graters (which will all be dirty at some point) than a bunch more Simple Additions, which I just do not sell enough of (plus it's heavy!). I like gadgets. It's what we do. It's what people get excited about. After all, in a grater, quality matters and since it's a tool, design, color, etc doesn't matter as much. Dishware...not as hard to get something you love more somewhere else. Not everyone is into dots.

I'm certainly not as excited about new stuff as I used to be. I don't have as much time for PC as I did either. I'm busy with other things that fill my mind and life (more so than when I started PC), but new and free definitely make me happy :). I love that I can step back from it and just let orders, catalog shows, etc sustain me while I live my life and jump back in as I want too. I'm reaping the benefits of being with PC long enough to do that.

I do love the cover of the catalog! Yum! Makes me almost forget it's still winter.

I am excited about many of the new products. Love the MFP (have to order it, as I did not earn it :( ). Love the veggie wedger, as well as the mango wedger. I have not eaten a mango since I was a little girl because of the peeling, slicing, etc. Now I am anxious to go and buy one and make some of the recipes for it. Can't wait to try the coconut lime sauce. The grill pan scraper is a great addition too. Now if only my grill pan and press weren't being held hostage in my storage unit. (AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Oh grill pan and press how I miss you!!!!).

Not crazy about the measuring spoons. I like the concept of the adjustable ones and not having a ton of spoons.

I am totally thrilled that beside the MFP, I earned the majority of my favorite new products in level 1!!!!!

<h2>1. Is it just me, or are the "new" products not that great?</h2><p>The opinions of our consultants and customers may vary, but we always strive to provide high-quality products that meet the needs and preferences of our customers.</p><h2>2. Why are the SAT best products in the lowest level earning?</h2><p>We are constantly evaluating and adjusting our incentive programs to best support our consultants and their businesses. We believe that rewarding hard work and dedication at all levels is important in building a successful business.</p><h2>3. What makes the MFP different from the Food Chopper?</h2><p>The MFP offers features such as interchangeable blades for different slicing and shredding options, a larger capacity, and a non-slip base for easier use. However, we understand that every customer has different needs and preferences, so we offer a variety of products to choose from.</p><h2>4. Why did Pampered Chef bring back the cranberry color after retiring it?</h2><p>We always strive to provide a variety of colors and styles to meet the changing tastes and trends of our customers. While we may retire certain colors or patterns, we also listen to feedback and may bring back popular options in the future.</p><h2>5. What are some of the most popular or exciting new products for this season?</h2><p>Some of our top sellers this season include the Microplane Coarse grater, the Scoop 'N Drain, the Mini Mix 'N Scraper, and our new cookbooks. We also have a wide range of products to suit different needs and preferences, so we encourage you to check out our full product line to find what works best for you.</p>

1. Is it just me, or are the "new" products not that great?

The opinions of our consultants and customers may vary, but we always strive to provide high-quality products that meet the needs and preferences of our customers.

2. Why are the SAT best products in the lowest level earning?

We are constantly evaluating and adjusting our incentive programs to best support our consultants and their businesses. We believe that rewarding hard work and dedication at all levels is important in building a successful business.

3. What makes the MFP different from the Food Chopper?

The MFP offers features such as interchangeable blades for different slicing and shredding options, a larger capacity, and a non-slip base for easier use. However, we understand that every customer has different needs and preferences, so we offer a variety of products to choose from.

4. Why did Pampered Chef bring back the cranberry color after retiring it?

We always strive to provide a variety of colors and styles to meet the changing tastes and trends of our customers. While we may retire certain colors or patterns, we also listen to feedback and may bring back popular options in the future.

5. What are some of the most popular or exciting new products for this season?

Some of our top sellers this season include the Microplane Coarse grater, the Scoop 'N Drain, the Mini Mix 'N Scraper, and our new cookbooks. We also have a wide range of products to suit different needs and preferences, so we encourage you to check out our full product line to find what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
marystell1