• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Visiting Out of State, and Doing a Show!

In summary, when doing a show out of state, it is recommended to bring a variety of kitchen tools such as a chef's knife, cutting board, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and a stoneware baking dish. It is also important to pack extra items like a vegetable peeler, can opener, and citrus juicer. To transport Pampered Chef products, use a sturdy bag or container with padding and label fragile items. Bring your own ingredients for recipes and make the show more personal by incorporating local flavors and engaging with guests. Be aware of local regulations, customs, and potential language barriers.
pckelly
I have a question about doing a kitchen show out of the state. If I do a demo for my mom when I go to visit her in South Dakota, what can I deduct as far as taxes? Gas? Hotel on the way there? Just wondering if I could do that. Also, I am driving to Chicago and we CAN deduct all expenses for our trip to conference right???? I am actually going straight from Chicago to my moms in South Dakota!:D

Yes, Kelly the trip to your mother's is a tax write-off. We cannot claim gas, but you need to keep a log of your miles. Keep all meal receipts and hotel receipts. Then speak to a tax person. As far as the meals go there is some stipulation on how much can be written off. Just be sure to carefully document all the money you spend.

Good! I meant miles, not gas....LOL! oops! GOOD GOOD GOOD!!
Thanks so much!!

Related to Visiting Out of State, and Doing a Show!

What kitchen tools should I bring with me for a show out of state?

It is recommended to bring a variety of kitchen tools that you feel comfortable using and showcasing during your show. Some essential tools to consider bringing are a chef's knife, cutting board, mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons, and a stoneware baking dish. It is also a good idea to pack some extra items such as a vegetable peeler, can opener, and citrus juicer.

What is the best way to transport my Pampered Chef products for an out of state show?

To ensure the safe transport of your products, it is best to pack them in a sturdy bag or container with padding. You can also use packing materials such as bubble wrap or towels to provide extra protection. It is important to label your containers with fragile items and handle them with care during travel.

Should I bring my own ingredients for the recipes I plan to make during the show?

It is recommended to bring your own ingredients for the recipes you plan to make during the show. This will ensure that you have everything you need and can make any necessary adjustments for dietary restrictions or preferences. You can also consider purchasing ingredients at a local grocery store once you arrive at your destination.

How can I make my out of state show feel more personal for the guests?

One way to make your out of state show feel more personal for the guests is to incorporate local flavors or ingredients into your recipes. You can also research any local cooking traditions or customs and share them with your guests during the show. Additionally, make sure to engage with the guests and get to know them to create a more intimate and personalized experience.

Are there any special considerations I should keep in mind when doing a show out of state?

When doing a show out of state, it is important to research and understand any local regulations or laws regarding food handling and sales. You should also familiarize yourself with the local culture and customs to provide a more tailored and enjoyable experience for your guests. Additionally, make sure to plan for any potential language barriers and have materials or resources available in different languages if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCwannabe
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • melissasutkus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
blueberrylady
  • PCmhguzman