• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Out of State Catalog Show...any Tips?

In summary, my sister is doing a catty show for me...yeah!:balloon: She lives in another state and I was wanting to make sure that I cover all the bases on this one. I'm planning on setting it up like all my other catty shows with placing it online for her, but was wondering if any of you have some tips to make it a great show for her. The interesting thing with this show is that she lives in Washington and works in Oregon, so I'm thinking that the sales tax thing is going to be a bit tricky. TIA!:chef:The sales tax will be based on where the show is SHIPPED to. It will not matter if she lives and
BeaLorene
My sil is doing a catty show for me...yeah!:balloon: She lives in another state and I was wanting to make sure that I cover all the bases on this one. I'm planning on setting it up like all my other catty shows with placing it online for her, but was wondering if any of you have some tips to make it a great show for her. The interesting thing with this show is that she lives in Washington and works in Oregon, so I'm thinking that the sales tax thing is going to be a bit tricky. TIA!:chef:

The sales tax will be based on where the show is SHIPPED to. It will not matter if she lives and works in a different place. I would have it shipped to which ever address has the cheapest sales tax. The only way it will change any is if someone has direct shipped.

I have my host that are far off, have the checks made out to them and submit me one check or pay with their debit/credit card.

Thanks, Jennifer for the great tips. She works at the airport, so I'm thinking that the orders will need to be shipped to her home with the higher sales tax and I'll have to trust that those with direct shipping will calculate the correct sales tax. Too bad she doesn't work for FedEx...I wonder if their workers just pick up their deliveries at work?:)

I have come across this myself (in my short time with PC), living in Vancouver and having customers from Oregon although the whole party was shipped to Oregon so nobody had to pay sales tax. I believe that if she has guests that are from Oregon they do not have to pay the sales tax even if it is shipped to Washington. You might want to double check this to be sure. Good luck on the catalog show

Hi Jenny, Hey, this must be the 'Jen' loop.:D My sil used to live in Vancouver and now is in Battle Ground and my other sil used to live in Lake Oswego and Tuallatin. I have fond memories of going shopping in the Vancouver and Portland area for the Day after Thanksgiving Day sales, especially being at Freddies at 5 am...buying socks....I didn't need socks. :balloon: We will be heading back up there in July for my in laws 50th. I love escaping the hot summer weather down here for your beautiful part of the country.:)

Sales tax is always based on where it is shipped to. As for out of state, that is the main difference (concern) and whether or not they tax s/h. If you print OOF for her with these stated, you should be covered.As for any host coaching, it's really the same as any other catalog show. If you have a website, be sure to put her show on there so she can get orders that way and remind her that anyone can order and have orders directly shipped to them (or someone else for a gift).

Do you have a PWS? Set up your show on that. It makes it SO MUCH EASIER to set up orders that way.

You can find the sales tax rate on consultant's corner.

It is not cheap to mail catalogs so I'd just write them off as a loss and not have her send them back to you. It cost me about $8 to ship $10 to Minnesota.

Related to Out of State Catalog Show...any Tips?

1. How do I host an out of state catalog show?

To host an out of state catalog show, reach out to your friends and family who live in the desired state and ask if they would be interested in hosting a catalog show for you. You can also post on social media or reach out to local groups or organizations in that state to find potential hosts.

2. What are some tips for promoting an out of state catalog show?

One tip is to utilize social media to reach a wider audience. You can create a Facebook event or post on Instagram to promote the show. Another tip is to offer incentives for the host, such as free products or discounts, to encourage them to invite more people and increase sales.

3. How do I handle orders and payments for an out of state catalog show?

You can either collect payments directly from the host and place the orders on their behalf, or you can provide them with a link to your online ordering website and have them place the orders themselves. It is important to clearly communicate the payment and ordering process with the host beforehand.

4. How long should an out of state catalog show last?

An out of state catalog show can last anywhere from 1-2 weeks, depending on the host's availability and the shipping time for the products. It is important to have a set end date for the show to create a sense of urgency for customers to place their orders.

5. What are some ways to thank the host of an out of state catalog show?

You can thank the host by offering a free product or discount as a thank you for hosting the show. You can also send a handwritten note or small gift as a token of your appreciation. Another idea is to offer a host-exclusive discount on their next purchase to encourage them to host another show in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • junkfortara
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies