• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting and Booking: My October Journey to Earn a Trip

The month is still fresh. Get on that phone tonight. Set a goal for how many bookings you want to get. If all else fails, try a mystery host show. Everytime I do one I get $1000 show.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Well, I went into October with 3 cooking and 2 catalog shows. Well, everyone of my shows have FLOPPED! :cry::cry: They've all cancelled but ONE and she rescheduled for November 3rd. I'm so sad right now. So, tonight at 7 I"m picking up the phone and getting some bookings!

I'm thankful that my host couldn't close in time so I have $955 in sales already this month but need LOTS more if I plan on earning this trip.

What's scary is that I don't have ONE single show on my calendar this month! :eek::eek: I can't remember the last time this has happened.

Sorry for rambling, I just need to vent!

Hang in there. The month is still fresh. Get on that phone tonight. Set a goal for how many bookings you want to get. If all else fails, try a mystery host show. Everytime I do one I get $1000 show.

You'll pull it out Kristi!I need the points/sales too to earn the trip and I'M GONNA DO IT!!! Tomorrow is phone day for me!!!Let us know how the calls go tonight!

At least it's early in the month! You have plenty of time to add shows back in. You can do it!

Kristi - Any indication why they cancelled? All different reasons? (Not trying to be nosey...just want to see if we can provide any ideas for you.)

1st one cancelled b/c the principal of the school had her party 12 days before her show and she thought that she would invite a ton of teachers. I told her that she could still have it b/c not all the teachers would be able to attend the first party. She said that's okay, she'll just order.

2nd one cancelled-her show was on friday and on monday she said she had 10 people coming. On Wednesday, she only had 2 supposedly. she said that she still wants to order so I tried telling her that she could do a catalog show. She said that she wasn't sure how that would turn out so I came back and told her that I just submitted a $849 catalog show so she can do it too!!! :p I have to follow up with her still.

The 3rd just rescheduled to November 3rd :eek: (not thinking and then talked to a fellow director and she said, please tell me you didn't! I had to call the host back and tell her we'll have to go with her original date of the 10th. I tried to get her to book early in the month just so I could overpack the month for the trip and sell a thon). She's now scheduled for Nov 10th.

It's now 8pm and people are trying to get kiddies in bed so I'm calling tomorrow morning at LEAST 30 people. I HAVE to get this trip!! I am scheduled to pass out 200 recipe cards/mini/HWC pins with all my information on them on the 18th for my walk. I'm also doing a fair on the 25th from 9-5 in my town. I'm going to scour the internet now for more fairs while eveyrone is trying to get kids in bed.

I also told my dh that i need to work tomorrow so he plans on spending the day in the garage. :) That'll at least keep me from being distracted.

Thank you everyone for your support!

chefkugler said:
Hang in there. The month is still fresh. Get on that phone tonight. Set a goal for how many bookings you want to get. If all else fails, try a mystery host show. Everytime I do one I get $1000 show.

Could you please share how you do this? Every mystery host show I have flops. The best one I had was just over $300.

I invite over 100 people every time (yes I do make phone calls too) and I still only get a handful of people attending.

Mine flop too. The best I had was just shy of $300. :(

I ask 10 people to collect $100 in orders. I offer it to way more that 10 cause you know not all will accept. Then every person will win. 1- free, 4- get a 1/2 price, 4- get the 30% off and 1 gets the host special. I put all the names in a hat and draw each prize.
I did one last Nov and got $1400 and did one in June that was $1000 with only 7 particpants.
I use the mystery host letter that is on CS.
I have had a lot of people say they like it cause they don't want to have to do a regular catalog show but don't mind getting a few orders for a chance to win.

Sorry Kristi!!!:( That sucks. Let us know how getting on the phone goes. I need to do the same thing. My calendar has been relatively empty and I'm bummed. I think most of us are going through this so we need to work extra hard at getting on the phone. Have you had your own show lately? I'm going to do a fundraiser (well it'll be a regular show, but I'll donate my commission so I can make it a mystery host show) in a week and a half for my MSABC walk. Could you do something like that? I know you've collected a lot of donations already, but maybe people would also love to come to a show featuring budget-friendly meals. I want to have mine on the 18th, so I need to get cranking!!

You can do it!!! Tell people your goal. Maybe throw an extra little drawing in there for all your hosts who help you out - raffle something off.

GOOD LUCK!!!

(I'm bummed at the way things are going myself, too, so I need to take my own advice!)

I was reading last night and read the following quote. I really want to earn that trip so phone time is in the works for me today.

Here's the quote:

If you're interested, you'll do what is convenient.
If you're committed, you'll do whatever it takes

Hit me like a brick!

finley1991 said:
I was reading last night and read the following quote. I really want to earn that trip so phone time is in the works for me today.

Here's the quote:

If you're interested, you'll do what is convenient.
If you're committed, you'll do whatever it takes

Hit me like a brick!

You're absolutely right!!! So I got on the phone and I'm mostly getting machines but I left 7 messages, talked to 2 people and they don't really know and 1 persons machine is disconnected. I want to call at least 20 more people TONIGHT!!

I did send out my newsletter yesterday and got a $50 order, 1 person wants me to send a catalog out, 2 catalog shows and one called to do a product adjustment and to let me know she'll call back to schedule her November show.

Kristi,
Keep your head up :)
don't let it get you down you're doing all of the right things!!

annew said:
Kristi,
Keep your head up :)
don't let it get you down you're doing all of the right things!!

Thanks Anne! I am keeping my head up because #1 I have to and #2, things will get better. I just feel like I'm in a time crunch with the trip!!

I Talked to my dh today and he told me to push up my mystery host party to October instead of November so I'm going to go book that right now!!!

Great job Kristi! Things will start turning around!!!!

What is "Venting and Booking"?

"Venting and Booking" is a program offered by Pampered Chef where consultants can earn a trip by meeting certain sales and booking goals during the month of October.

What are the requirements for earning the trip?

To earn the trip, consultants must reach a minimum of $15,000 in sales and book at least 4 cooking shows during the month of October.

Can I participate in "Venting and Booking" if I am a new consultant?

Yes, all consultants are eligible to participate in "Venting and Booking" regardless of their tenure with Pampered Chef.

Do online sales count towards the $15,000 goal?

Yes, both in-person and online sales count towards the $15,000 sales goal for "Venting and Booking".

What happens if I do not meet the requirements for earning the trip?

If you do not meet the requirements for earning the trip, you will not be eligible for the trip but you can still earn other rewards and incentives for reaching certain sales and booking goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • chefkugler
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies