• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Anyone Earn a Gas Card From the October Recruiting Promo?

In summary, some people earned gas cards in the October recruiting promo, but others did not. The card that was promised does not exist. The card promised is a $50 Shell gas card.
chefkugler
Did anyone earn a gas card in the October recruiting promo?
I got an email that mine would be on it's way around 12/22. The promotion said that they would send you a card for a gas station that is local to your area. So I go to the product adjustments page to see if it shipped. Find it, and check tracking. Yesterday it showed shipped 12/23 and est. arrival 12/27, but still showed in IL. Today it shows NO delivery date and still in IL.
But what really gets me on this gas card. In the info on the adjustment it says $50 SHELL gas card. I don't even have a Shell near me. I went to Shell's web site. The nearest one is 20 miles into another state. LOL So to use my gas card, I have to drive to Mass. to get my gas. I live in NY. So much for giving you a card for a company in your area.
Ok I'm done venting, sorry! :(

Don't freak until you know for sure. It may just be listed for all of us as a shell card.
I honestly hope it's a Visa card, but there is a shell up the street. I earned 4 and was hoping to get them before Christmas. I will post when they show up, please do the same. I am sure that if it is that far away, if you do happen to get the shell card that you can call and have them switch it. 20 miles is not really close to go get gas :)

Chances are it is a Shell Gas Card... BUT... if the card is a sixteen digit number starting with a 4 (visa) or 5 (mastercard), you can use it as either a visa or mastercard... it would just have the Shell logo on it. Hope that makes sense.Let us know what happens when you get it!(PS: A friend of mine couldn't understand how her son racked up over $700 in BP Gas charges but then looked at the statement... it was really a mastercard with the BP logo on it and he was using it everywhere!)

Oh cool. I'll let you know.
I hope it arrives soon.

I haven't received mine yet. I have a Shell about a block away for me so that would be nice...lol.

Has anyone else checked the tracking on the card? Mine still only shows shipped 12/23 and shows it is sitting in IL and nothing more.

chefkugler said:
Has anyone else checked the tracking on the card? Mine still only shows shipped 12/23 and shows it is sitting in IL and nothing more.

I wouldn't trust the tracker right now. I have an order that the tracker says transmission sent to shipper (since the 21st) and she received it 12/24.

Got mine!
4 seperate envelopes tossed on my back step
yippee! free gas! Yes they were shell cards

Still haven't gotten mine! Ooooo...I can't wait! I just got a new used car too!

Received my lonely 1 today! My recruiting stunk this year so I was happy to receive this! Onward and upward in 2009!:party:

I got my card today. So now to get ready for the 40-45 min drive the nearest Shell station to fill up.

:cry: STILL haven't gotten mine! :cry:

1. How do I qualify for the October Recruiting Promo gas card?

To qualify for the gas card promotion, you must be a Pampered Chef consultant and recruit at least two new team members during the month of October. The two new recruits must also submit their first order and join your team within the qualifying period.

2. Is there a limit to the number of gas cards I can earn?

Yes, there is a limit of one gas card per consultant. If you recruit more than two new team members, you will still only receive one gas card.

3. When will I receive my gas card?

Gas cards will be mailed out within two weeks after the end of the qualifying period. Please allow additional time for delivery.

4. Can I still earn a gas card if I recruit new team members in November?

No, the October Recruiting Promo gas card is only valid for new recruits who join your team and submit their first order during the month of October. Any new recruits in November will not count towards the promotion.

5. Do I have to pay taxes on the gas card?

Yes, according to IRS regulations, the value of the gas card is considered taxable income. You will receive a 1099 form at the end of the year for tax purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkugler
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ardipc